The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:56 pm

jimbop wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
smetro wrote:Are you trying to tell me Andy Grays' son is 35 ? - Jesus where have those years gone ?

I take great joy in pointing this out to him each birthday!

jamie, any chance your old man could dig the umbro's out and give us a season?

Things aren't that bad surely? He's 60 this year!
Jamie Gray

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
smetro wrote:Are you trying to tell me Andy Grays' son is 35 ? - Jesus where have those years gone ?

And I bet he still moves better than Pires did!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:59 pm

I saw an interview with Townsend this morning, twice he mentioned you want to play football for your "club" first and then let international duty sort its self out.

I thought it very strange he referred to your "club" rather than "tottenham", though of course that means nothing in relation to him coming to Villa, just that it doesn't sound like he considers tottenham as his club for much longer
holtehero

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Anyway back in May in one of it's articles about the three groups supposedly interested in us, The Mirror mentioned that Lerner had told some of the marketing staff that they could leave on June 1st because the club was likely to be sold. Well yesterday the head of marketing announced on twitter that it was his last day. Something or nothing, I'm not sure.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:14 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Anyway back in May in one of it's articles about the three groups supposedly interested in us, The Mirror mentioned that Lerner had told some of the marketing staff that they could leave on June 1st because the club was likely to be sold. Well yesterday the head of marketing announced on twitter that it was his last day. Something or nothing, I'm not sure.

Yes, I think this is quite an important point, and maybe the most telling that something is occurring.
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

Hahahaha he was painful to watch tbh.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:29 pm

holtehero wrote:I saw an interview with Townsend this morning, twice he mentioned you want to play football for your "club" first and then let international duty sort its self out.

I thought it very strange he referred to your "club" rather than "tottenham", though of course that means nothing in relation to him coming to Villa, just that it doesn't sound like he considers tottenham as his club for much longer

Perhaps reading too much into it, but he would be a superb signing, and the type of player I fully expect Sherwood to aim for.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

Hahahaha he was painful to watch tbh.

Ran like he'd shat himself
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:51 pm

St Georges Park is just down the road from me and my daughter plays football there every Sat AM with Burton Albions youth programme, well they have had to be moved for the next few weeks to a new venue which indicates it is being used at the moment by England most likely as they always have a "No Access" in place during those times... So very likely there are players there currently for that to happen.

Btw i travel virtually past it on my way to VP and it's also an easy journey to BH from there... I can get to VP in 45 mins easily from there and BH even quicker so it would be very easy for any players there to do that
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I have no fear at looking stupid because this is what this forum is all about.
I'm pretty certain it's not all about 'looking stupid'  Suspect
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:47 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:If any truth to it, Aaron Lennon is the name that springs to my mind, fast and has worked with Sherwood in the past. I think Andros Townsend is a name that's already been linked.

has it...where?

It was a name immediately linked when TS came in and we were linked with him in January and as soon as you said it, was the first name I thought of. I don't think it's a hard link to make (not a dig at you by the way) Pretty much any Spurs player that isn't wanted could be deemed on TS radar.

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Sorry Jamie I meant no offence by the day job question. What I was wondering really was are you connected to the game as a journo or sports writer? They tend to tweet to get followers and people to read their newspapers. Thanks for coming on and being so open and honest.

The player is Andros Townsend its all over FB. He has been in relegation battle with QPR IIRC?
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:13 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Sorry Jamie I meant no offence by the day job question. What I was wondering really was are you connected to the game as a journo or sports writer? They tend to tweet to get followers and people to read their newspapers. Thanks for coming on and being so open and honest.

The player is Andros Townsend its all over FB. He has been in relegation battle with QPR IIRC?

When you say all over FB do you mean rumours he was at VP or actual photo's? Thought he was at Spurs and playing for them? He was on loan when they were last scrapping for relegation wasn't he?!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Sorry Jamie I meant no offence by the day job question. What I was wondering really was are you connected to the game as a journo or sports writer? They tend to tweet to get followers and people to read their newspapers. Thanks for coming on and being so open and honest.

No offence taken at all, I understand now that the context has been explained. No, I worked for ITV Sport for 3 years when I left school but I work in a completely different field now. Nothing to plug here!

One thing I can share, which is hardly breaking news but regardless, an ex Villa player (not that one!) mentioned last week that Adebeyor was a done deal. Now I'm not paying an awful lot of attention to this, as whilst any take over is up in the air I'm not sure how we can have a transfer policy? Anyway, there u go, not exactly award winning stuff, but something!
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:

No offence taken at all, I understand now that the context has been explained. No, I worked for ITV Sport for 3 years when I left school but I work in a completely different field now. Nothing to plug here!

One thing I can share, which is hardly breaking news but regardless, an ex Villa player (not that one!) mentioned last week that Adebeyor was a done deal. Now I'm not paying an awful lot of attention to this, as whilst any take over is up in the air I'm not sure how we can have a transfer policy? Anyway, there u go, not exactly award winning stuff, but something!

I really hope that ex-Villa player is utterly wrong. I could tolerate him in the stands as a paying spectator - his money is as good as anyone's - or, at a push, a freeloading guest of somebody. However, that's as close as I want him to the pitch.
ember
ember

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:54 pm

As i seems to be widespread now, yes I can confirm player is Andros Townsend....I'm personally delighted as I think it is a marked improvement on what we have, however...surprisingly some are moaning on Twitter!!

Trippier and N'Doye set for talks over next couple days
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Totally unrelated...but jaw dropping in my opinion....David Beckham is to be Paul Clement's assistant at Derby!!!!!!!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:As i seems to be widespread now, yes I can confirm player is Andros Townsend....I'm personally delighted as I think it is a marked improvement on what we have, however...surprisingly some are moaning on Twitter!!

Kinda confirmed a good few hours back. Your mate clearly doesn't care about the sack as he told all of facebook and twitter too 8) IF True, I'd very much like him at VP
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:11 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:As i seems to be widespread now, yes I can confirm player is Andros Townsend....I'm personally delighted as I think it is a marked improvement on what we have, however...surprisingly some are moaning on Twitter!!

Kinda confirmed a good few hours back. Your mate clearly doesn't care about the sack as he told all of facebook and twitter too 8) IF True, I'd very much like him at VP

ha...it is mate of a mate, don't think the source leaked...but I didn't want to speak out of turn...first info I ever had from him.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:18 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

ha...it is mate of a mate, don't think the source leaked...but I didn't want to speak out of turn...first info I ever had from him.

Sure AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 3769219917 I was only messing. Whats the talk re fee? When it might go ahead? I really rate Townsend and exactly the type of player we should be after imo!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:25 pm

GadgetMan wrote:

Sure AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 3769219917 I was only messing. Whats the talk re fee? When it might go ahead? I really rate Townsend and exactly the type of player we should be after imo!

Heard nothing on fee...could even be a loan. guy reckons he is in brum overnight...
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Townsend is another winger with no end product

And TS won't be signing a 30year old from Hull
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:40 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Townsend is another winger with no end product

And TS won't be signing a 30year old from Hull

ok Harry..whatever you say!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 1015550615
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Townsend would be a terrific signing! Not going to get too excited, though, all internet rumours at the minute.

Trippier, Evans, Chester, Townsend & Adebayor - getting some good links this summer. Let's just hope some of them come!
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:44 pm

mark_draper wrote:Townsend would be a terrific signing! Not going to get too excited, though, all internet rumours at the minute.

Trippier, Evans, Chester, Townsend & Adebayor - getting some good links this summer. Let's just hope some of them come!

good man...sorry for labelling you as Harry earlier Razz

Townsend not just internet rumour....
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next