The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:49 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:I'm wondering if mark_draper and Harry are actually one in the same person?

possibly, the doom and gloom and negativity is shocking.  seems to me the comments are purely for a reaction.

Apologies for having an opinion.

Things aren't rosy at VP. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

We didn't attract a top, top manager for a reason. Not that I'm unhappy with Sherwood, far from it, but we have to be realistic here. Sherwood was never going to turn down the chance to manage Aston Villa.

We need massive changes and with the likes of Vlaar, Cleverley and Benteke seemingly on their way out - that would suggest nothing is immenent from changing. That's not doom & gloom, it's just being realistic.

I agree with most of what you say.

However wouldn't things improve if we had an owner who knew how to run a football club ? - Granted it wouldn't be a spectactular, but look at the job Peace has done at WBA. An owner who provides nominal funds with a degree of footballing nous would be a step in the right direction.....and in time thats what I am expecting. I don't expect anything this summer.

I agree, we don't need billions (although it would be nice) We need a savvy owner with steady investment and a knowledgeable board and manager etc! If I had to stick a quid on one name that's already been mentioned to deliver that I'd say Bob Rich. He was linked many times last summer, has business here and his jet was recently in Southampton when Villa were playing (and in Birmingham a few times last year, but then he owns a business in Kidderminster, so could be nothing) to mean he seems like the type of guy we will realistically get and would probably be ok with all the above.

Yep I googled him last year and he ticked so many boxes.

So much so - I emailed his company and asked if was buying us - Never got a reply.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:50 pm

I have no fear at looking stupid because this is what this forum is all about.
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I have no fear at looking stupid because this is what this forum is all about.

Give him another nudge and ask if there's any chance the new guy will also be sponsoring the shirt? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I have no fear at looking stupid because this is what this forum is all about.

Good for you - lets hope youre right - your our last man standing !!!

It can only be matter of time before a journo does a totally unsubstainted piece on a villa takeover ?
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Good man AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 3769219917 Exactly the spirit of this thread and it's purpose!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:No, I am still here and will stick with what my friend said. Trust me, I have been very pessimistic when it comes to the takeover in the past, but I honestly now believe we are sold.

i was telling a mate earlier that youve NEVER claimed to have any info until now, so im sticking with you AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:58 pm

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:I'm wondering if mark_draper and Harry are actually one in the same person?

possibly, the doom and gloom and negativity is shocking.  seems to me the comments are purely for a reaction.

We didn't attract a top, top manager for a reason. Not that I'm unhappy with Sherwood, far from it, but we have to be realistic here. Sherwood was never going to turn down the chance to manage Aston Villa.

We need massive changes and with the likes of Vlaar, Cleverley and Benteke seemingly on their way out - that would suggest nothing is immenent from changing. That's not doom & gloom, it's just being realistic.

However wouldn't things improve if we had an owner who knew how to run a football club ? - Granted it wouldn't be a spectactular, but look at the job Peace has done at WBA. An owner who provides nominal funds with a degree of footballing nous would be a step in the right direction.....and in time thats what I am expecting. I don't expect anything this summer.

I agree, we don't need billions (although it would be nice) We need a savvy owner with steady investment and a knowledgeable board and manager etc! If I had to stick a quid on one name that's already been mentioned to deliver that I'd say Bob Rich. He was linked many times last summer, has business here and his jet was recently in Southampton when Villa were playing (and in Birmingham a few times last year, but then he owns a business in Kidderminster, so could be nothing) to mean he seems like the type of guy we will realistically get and would probably be ok with all the above.

So much so - I emailed his company and asked if was buying us - Never got a reply.

How rude of them ha! He's far more realistic than Arison/Ellison etc imo! I wonder if he was the deal that fell through last year or if it was the two texans?!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:02 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

How rude of them ha! He's far more realistic than Arison/Ellison etc imo! I wonder if he was the deal that fell through last year or if it was the two texans?!

at last!! somoene has mentioned the deal that was done but fell through last year!!! ive seen quotes on here from people sayiong" heard all this on here last year" " seems like da ja vu etc etc" but the fact there was a deal last year means this site should get a bit of credit shouldnt it?

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:05 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

His company [Rich Products] has 2 uk branches - one in Fareham and one just down the road in worcester.

IMO though Paul smith is most likley - he hasn't denied it - but clearly doesn't have the funds, I wonder if Randy is fishing for someone better - but will go with a leveraged smith bid rather than nothing.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:07 pm

jimbop wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

at last!! somoene has mentioned the deal that was done but fell through last year!!!  ive seen quotes on here from people sayiong" heard all this on here last year" " seems like da ja vu etc etc" but the fact there was a deal last year means this site should get a bit of credit shouldnt it?

I'm probably not the best one to ask or comment ha! I think what was originally put out was done with solid believe it was true beyond reasonable doubt. We have no way of knowing for sure what the deal was that fell through (unless RL ever speaks about it) So, hey ho we move on!! We acknowledge there were errors and have since made changes to ensure that never happens again. The only credit we could ever really want (but not need) is a decent forum for people to come and debate/discuss Villa!! Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:08 pm

jimbop wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

at last!! somoene has mentioned the deal that was done but fell through last year!!!  ive seen quotes on here from people sayiong" heard all this on here last year" " seems like da ja vu etc etc" but the fact there was a deal last year means this site should get a bit of credit shouldnt it?

Depends what you mean by fall through .......

Was there interest that never amounted to anything ? - or was it well down the line but then hit a snag ? - I plump, at best for the former.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:09 pm

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

His company [Rich Products] has 2 uk branches - one in Fareham and one just down the road in worcester.

IMO though Paul smith is most likley - he hasn't denied it - but clearly doesn't have the funds, I wonder if Randy is fishing for someone better - but will go with a leveraged smith bid rather than nothing.

I don't know mate?! I'm firmly in the "we will be sold" camp, so I'll let others comment. I personally don't think Paul Smith and co is a goer!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:11 pm

smetro wrote:
jimbop wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Was there interest that never amounted to anything ?  - or was it well down the line but then hit a snag ? - I plump, at best for the former.....

Didn't the recent Times article state we were all but sold until a deal hit a late snag? I know it's behind a paywall, but would be good if someone had a copy to share?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:20 pm

smetro wrote:

Was there interest that never amounted to anything ?  - or was it well down the line but then hit a snag ? - I plump, at best for the former.....

Chrissylee1111's mate has suggested the deal has been on and off for a year....so is it possible the deal that stalled last year is now back on?...perhaps there has only ever been one deal in the offing? ....perhaps the talk of 2/3 buyers is, well..bullshit?

My guess is that the new owner will be from the U.S. If indeed it is a previously leaked name then I would put my pound on Joshua Harris....considering he has pulled out of buying Palace at the last minute...and the report in the FT suggested it may be because he has turned his attentions to another club!

I read a link somewhere between Apollo Global Management (Harris) and Cain Hoy Enterprises (that were interested in Spurs takeover)....some big hitters amongst those two companies!!! Very Happy

Edit:
Henry Silverman is the CEO of Cain Hoy Enterprises....he used to be Vice Chairman of Apollo Global Management.

Last edited by ViewFromT2 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:21 pm

Albion put in their programme they were in due diligence. We have never mentioned it directly but have had lots of media reports saying the same so I'd assume that's the case for us. During due diligence most clubs say nothing. Does any one know how long it can take? Or what's the longest it can take? I've heard about 60 days so given the time scale we'd be half way through.
DN1982

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:22 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
jimbop wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I'm probably not the best one to ask or comment ha! I think what was originally put out was done with solid believe it was true beyond reasonable doubt. We have no way of knowing for sure what the deal was that fell through (unless RL ever speaks about it) So, hey ho we move on!! We acknowledge there were errors and have since made changes to ensure that never happens again. The only credit we could ever really want (but not need) is a decent forum for people to come and debate/discuss Villa!! Scarf Waving

and it is matey Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:38 pm

mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I Agree with some of the above to be honest.

However living in hope, I could be clutching at straws but Imo opinion, there is too much that needs to be done this season for an owner who’s not interested and willing to sell. The squad needs strengthening not just with better quality but with good squad players also, at present we have players coming to the end of contracts/being told no longer in plans or being sold to much to just brush under the carpet. Lerner would be forced to dip his hand in his pocket and back Ts to a degree.

Players Ts possibly has in the outbox:

Guzan
Given
Lowton
Vlaar
Senderos
Cissokho
Luna
Bennett
Cleverley
Herd
J.Cole
Sylla
Tonev
Gill
Weimann
Bent
Benteke

So for me if there was a time for Lerner to say fuk this it’s now. But again just an opinion.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:45 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
smetro wrote:

Chrissylee1111's mate has suggested the deal has been on and off for a year....so is it possible the deal that stalled last year is now back on?...perhaps there has only ever been one deal in the offing? ....perhaps the talk of 2/3 buyers is, well..bullshit?

My guess is that the new owner will be from the U.S. If indeed it is a previously leaked name then I would put my pound on Joshua Harris....considering he has pulled out of buying Palace at the last minute...and the report in the FT suggested it may be because he has turned his attentions to another club!

I read a link somewhere between Apollo Global Management (Harris) and Cain Hoy Enterprises (that were interested in Spurs takeover)....some big hitters amongst those two companies!!! Very Happy

Edit:
Henry Silverman is the CEO of Cain Hoy Enterprises....he used to be Vice Chairman of Apollo Global Management.

Thing is you can build an arguement out of anything via the internet.

From Memory last year,

Rob rich's plane, landed at southampton, then flew to birmingham, where also a team of lawyers also landed. I got the name of the Lawyers and they had a branch in buffalo , the same place as Rich products HQ - I was convinced he was our man......then nothing ......
I also think someone found a cyptic tweet - which involved buffalo ! - it all fitted - it just had to be.....but it wasn't .....and probably isn't....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:46 pm

I love all the discussion and speculation... but I cannot help trying to be a realist.

I think the reality is: we will NOT be able to offload all the players needed to be moved on. Aside from players with contracts running out, I can only see us moving 5-7 players maximum. Not because we cannot move more- but because we won't have the resources to replace them all.

If we assume TS gets 15-20mil like previous managers have had... he will only be able to acquire about 4-6 players with that money. Spending 10-13mil on a couple real quality players then 5-7mil on all the remaining squad players.

UTV Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:49 pm

That said... I'm hopeful for a new owner this summer. At the very least I'm hopeful that TF can secure a higher quality of commercial sponsorships- which will allow our current owner to spend more.
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Apparently there is a player at villa park right now....premier league quality (in fact international quality) that will massively improve the team....IF and its a big IF he signs.

This player hasn't been linked anywhere...and was a big surprise to me. Excited!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:58 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Apparently there is a player at villa park right now....premier league quality (in fact international quality) that will massively improve the team....IF and its a big IF he signs.

This player hasn't been linked anywhere...and was a big surprise to me. Excited!

how u know this matey?

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:59 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Apparently there is a player at villa park right now....premier league quality (in fact international quality) that will massively improve the team....IF and its a big IF he signs.

Petr cech ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:01 pm

let's just say this lad is a tad quicker than Cech
Scarf Waving

Can't say who it is...the source will literally lose their job....but I can confirm that the Trippier and N'Doye links in the newspapers also have legs. Again...doesn't mean they will sign.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next