The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by mark_draper Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:47 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
mark_draper wrote:Townsend would be a terrific signing! Not going to get too excited, though, all internet rumours at the minute.

Trippier, Evans, Chester, Townsend & Adebayor - getting some good links this summer. Let's just hope some of them come!

good man...sorry for labelling you as Harry earlier Razz

Townsend not just internet rumour....

Ah is there more to it?

Ha ha that's okay mate. I was in a bad mood earlier, work and all that..!!

As for Tim not being in for a 30 yr old - you talk as if he's 40yrs old. Liverpool have just given 29yr old Milner a 5 year deal!
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:49 pm

mark_draper wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
mark_draper wrote:Townsend would be a terrific signing! Not going to get too excited, though, all internet rumours at the minute.

Trippier, Evans, Chester, Townsend & Adebayor - getting some good links this summer. Let's just hope some of them come!

good man...sorry for labelling you as Harry earlier Razz

Townsend not just internet rumour....

Ah is there more to it?

Ha ha that's okay mate. I was in a bad mood earlier, work and all that..!!

As for Tim not being in for a 30 yr old - you talk as if he's 40yrs old. Liverpool have just given 29yr old Milner a 5 year deal!

Absolutely!

I was told earlier today that he was in for talks...100%
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Brilliant.

When he was at QPR, I remember when they came to VP, I said after to my old man that Townsend was the best player to come to VP that season. He played so well that day & scored a great goal. Spurs won't loan him, it will be a permanent deal I feel. This would be so positive and would indicate we are going to be active in the window!

Trying not to get too excited. Quality player.
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 pm

mark_draper wrote:Brilliant.

When he was at QPR, I remember when they came to VP, I said after to my old man that Townsend was the best player to come to VP that season. He played so well that day & scored a great goal. Spurs won't loan him, it will be a permanent deal I feel. This would be so positive and would indicate we are going to be active in the window!

Trying not to get too excited. Quality player.

exactly right....gotta agree terms...big question mark!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 pm

I would be very pleased with Townsend personally, a replacement for Cleverley but more of a threat surely?....Edit: having said that maybe a replacement for Nzog is more likely?
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:05 pm

The Utterer wrote:I would be very pleased with Townsend personally, a replacement for Cleverley but more of a threat surely?....Edit: having said that maybe a replacement for Nzog is more likely?

4-4-2 with Sinclair and Townsend wide....yes please!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:06 pm

If we started the transfer window by signing Townsend, Trippier and N'Doye it'd be a great boost! I rate all3, Townsend just needs playing, N'Doye has played in the last 16 of the champions league for Christ sake! And Trippier looks like he has the makings of a tasty little player.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:07 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:As i seems to be widespread now, yes I can confirm player is Andros Townsend....I'm personally delighted as I think it is a marked improvement on what we have, however...surprisingly some are moaning on Twitter!!

Trippier and N'Doye set for talks over next couple days

Defiantly a player I would welcome with open arms in s vill shirt. Fingers crossed this comes to fruition. Scarf Waving
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Spurs will price him out of our bracket. Pochettino likes him. He likes it at Spurs.

It's not true. Sorry.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:12 pm

tbarrules wrote:Spurs will price him out of our bracket. Pochettino likes him. He likes it at Spurs.

It's not true. Sorry.

time will tell.

If he was at villa today though...fee must be agreed!

check articles in april...he wants assurances with euros coming up
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Townsend is another winger with no end product

And TS won't be signing a 30year old from Hull

Love your continual positivity, it's infectious haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:If we started the transfer window by signing Townsend, Trippier and N'Doye it'd be a great boost! I rate all3, Townsend just needs playing, N'Doye has played in the last 16 of the champions league for Christ sake! And Trippier looks like he has the makings of a tasty little player.

personally that would be a very iffy threesome. Townsend to me has pace but little else - as a spurs player his stock has remained high by doing very little. Was he even a regular starter at QPR ?

N'Doye is fresh from a hULL team that couldn't score goals - Trippier has potential - but I don't like wing backs...

Guzan

Trippier Clark Okore new F/B

Westwood Delph Grealish Townsend

Gabby Ndoye

.....Thats one seriously shit team !

[why do we have 2 threads with the same title.....Im confused !]

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:30 pm

smetro wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:If we started the transfer window by signing Townsend, Trippier and N'Doye it'd be a great boost! I rate all3, Townsend just needs playing, N'Doye has played in the last 16 of the champions league for Christ sake! And Trippier looks like he has the makings of a tasty little player.

personally that would be a very iffy threesome. Townsend to me has pace but little else - as a spurs player his stock has remained high by doing very little. Was he even a regular starter at QPR ?

N'Doye is fresh from a hULL team that couldn't score goals - Trippier has potential - but I don't like wing backs...

Guzan

Gabby Ndoye

I agree...what idiot would play Grealish in a midfield 2?...where' Sinclair in your team?...Townsend plays on the right by the way, and Westwood right midfield....are you on smack?....
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:35 pm

I think Townsend would be an obvious target but he's a cracking player. Quick, tricky, strong and a thunderbolt shot. Yes please. Hope there's something in it. Him and Grealish or Sinclair supporting a good striker (hopefully Benteke or Austin, hopefully not Adebayor) would do nicely.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:58 pm

tbarrules wrote:Spurs will price him out of our bracket. Pochettino likes him. He likes it at Spurs.

It's not true. Sorry.

Why are you sorry? It's just an opinion, oh wait you're not actually sorry are you? Ha ha! 'Sorry' and 'but' two of the most disingenuous words on the Internet and my pet hate (it's not personal, but.....hehe) combine them and you have the perfect chance to speak your mind behind a thinly veiled hint of niceities...

I'm sorry, BUT you're talking crap is basically what you meant AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 1662365926

sorry and but, keep an eye out folks ha!! I'm here all day/night (actually im off to watch American dad....sorry)

I hope sarcasm and my tongue being firmly in my cheek comes across in the written form.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:03 am

N'Doye played in a Hull side which couldn't score and scored 5 in 15, previous to that he's scored circa 1 every 2 and has not only played in the CL but has scored and reached the knockout rounds. That's pedigree which can't be ignored because Hull were shite.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:07 am

smetro wrote:

Guzan

Gabby Ndoye

Annoyingly the forum reaches a certain number of pages and then restarts from page 7 I think. We've looked at this before, however I look again and see what we can do. I'll try and at least add part 1, 2 etc! Sorry for any confusion folks.

Leave it with me AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 5 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:38 am

Townsend would be a HUGE improvement to N'Zogbia. Definite "yes" from me.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:03 am

KMitch wrote:Townsend would be a HUGE improvement to N'Zogbia.  Definite "yes" from me.  

Agree with the comments about the consistency of his final ball, but 100% an improvement to the squad. Playing so inconsistently at Spurs can't help his form
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:10 am

A midfield/attack of

Westwood/Gardner Delph
Townsend Grealish Sinclair
Benteke/Austin

Suddenly that seems a massive improvement on previous teams!
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:37 am

Nothing being reported in the press in regards to Townsend.

Not that its a barrometer for players signing but would expect to see a few tentative links?
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:50 am

Thought the same bud to be honest. Still...we live in hope!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:06 am

Yeah, life of a Villa fan surrounds hope!

Amazing how so many people jumped on it last night. The introduction of social media has made the transfer window so much more exciting, yet also quite unbearable, in recent years.

There was a guy on Twitter last night proclaiming if he gets 500 followers he'd let us know the name of the player at VP. He eventually gave up at 150 followers once it had been "leaked" the player in question was Townsend. Ha ha.

Thinking about it with a level head - our net spend last summer was something like £8,000,000. Townsend himself would cost in excess of £10,000,000+ so I can't see it happening unless a takeover is on the cards but we're not releasing it to the world, as prices will get bumped up? Maybe Lerner is all part of this plan with the "finding a new Chairman" talk - throw everyone off, whilst we go out there, and conduct our business with the new owners blessings.

I imagine those in and around the game would know if AVFC were close to being taken over, though. Anyway, I'm just waffling on.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:22 am

mark_draper wrote:Yeah, life of a Villa fan surrounds hope!

Amazing how so many people jumped on it last night. The introduction of social media has made the transfer window so much more exciting, yet also quite unbearable, in recent years.

There was a guy on Twitter last night proclaiming if he gets 500 followers he'd let us know the name of the player at VP. He eventually gave up at 150 followers once it had been "leaked" the player in question was Townsend. Ha ha.

Thinking about it with a level head - our net spend last summer was something like £8,000,000. Townsend himself would cost in excess of £10,000,000+ so I can't see it happening unless a takeover is on the cards but we're not releasing it to the world, as prices will get bumped up? Maybe Lerner is all part of this plan with the "finding a new Chairman" talk - throw everyone off, whilst we go out there, and conduct our business with the new owners blessings.

I imagine those in and around the game would know if AVFC were close to being taken over, though. Anyway, I'm just waffling on.

Or we are spending the money from the Benteke Sale

Or we are blowing a good whack of this years budget on Townsend

Or Lener has released more funds......

The silence on the takeover is deafening !!!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:34 am

The fact that the kid who started the Townsend rumour said "I'll reveal more when I get to 500 followers" says it all for me.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next