The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:31 pm

I think it is about the new ceo, its certainly not about funds as he don't need to fly all the way over to say" im not giving you much!" it seems like we really are in turmoil, im shitting it for the season ahead, really am.

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:33 pm

jamavfc1 wrote:Yes but why a new CEO. Robin Russell is financially minded agreed. But Ian Taylor as just passed exams in directorship so why wouldn't they work together in the interim still saving Lerner a lot of money. I am also led to believe that Graham Taylor would like to be more hands on another source within the fold.

Don't need a new CEO at the moment in my opinion.

Ian Taylor has just been excluded from the US tour, no chance he will be involved, Graham Taylor is too old now for the day to day stresses. We're a ''big' EPL Team, we need a savvy CEO in general, even more so with the lack of knowledge/interest currently on the board, just my opinion mind.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:36 pm

A little OT but......Says a lot that for a club that have had some pretty iconic No9's down the years, that we now don't have one, shame that.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jamavfc1 Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Ian Taylor was not excluded but was unable to attend due to other commitments which AVFC knew about so Lee Henrie attended in his place.
jamavfc1

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:39 pm

jamavfc1 wrote:Ian Taylor was not excluded but was unable to attend due to other commitments which AVFC knew about so Lee Henrie attended in his place.

That wasn't what happened though. That was the party line, but I know for a fact he was asked not to go by Paul F at the request of Lambert.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jamavfc1 Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:53 pm

I have just heard a rumour that today Lerner is in London meeting Keith Harris
jamavfc1

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:03 pm

jamavfc1 wrote:I have just heard a rumour that today Lerner is in London meeting Keith Harris

Wouldn't surprise me, close friends and he brokered the deal to buy AVFC, as I said earlier, he may ask him to step in for a short while at VP
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:03 pm

jamavfc1 wrote:I have just heard a rumour that today Lerner is in London meeting Keith Harris

where u hear that matey??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:04 pm

TheEgo wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me, close friends and he brokered the deal to buy AVFC, as I said earlier, he may ask him to step in for a short while at VP

fair play ego, you did say that could happen in one of your posts

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:09 pm

jimbop wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

He's a smart bloke Harris, he may well be too busy though. Let's see, something is afoot....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:09 pm

Maybe we are signing Orville as CEO ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:09 pm

What's the significance of that ? What is harris's role ?
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:10 pm

TheEgo wrote:
jimbop wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

He's a smart bloke Harris, he may well be too busy though. Let's see, something is afoot....

just read on another site that many fans at the game last night were saying we are sold, like u say, sumet is afoot surely

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:11 pm

It's funny y'know; I have now conditioned myself to presume any rumours are wrong, purely because of how many have gone around, and a few even seemed to have a small level of credibility but turned out to be false.

But the thing is, eventually, even if no-one believes it, *something* is going to be correct... right?!  affraid 
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Andyh wrote:

Harris brokered the deal to bring RL to VP he also is working with Merrill Lynch and the Bank of America to find a buyer. He has a lot of contacts in the football world
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:13 pm

kimbo wrote:It's funny y'know; I have now conditioned myself to presume any rumours are wrong, purely because of how many have gone around, and a few even seemed to have a small level of credibility but turned out to be false.

But the thing is, eventually, even if no-one believes it, *something* is going to be correct... right?!  affraid 

Yep, precisely, one day a little rumour will become a reality and hopefully a good reality. *Crosses fingers
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:15 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Andyh wrote:

Harris brokered the deal to bring RL to VP he also is working with Merrill Lynch and the Bank of America to find a buyer. He has a lot of contacts in the football world

The bloke is one well connected, in-the-know SOB, bloody clever too. Didn't he also broker the Chelsea and Man City deals?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Could be takeover related? Not saying we have been it are about to be, but could be that someone is sitting at the table with a serious proposal - I'm sure he'd want to physically meet them, chat, see the whites of their eyes etc.
Take HH for example, he could have a consortium together who want to meet? Or someone like that, I say HH just as a rough guide to how someone posts info then signs an NDA and us then unheard of.
I'm edging towards takeover discussions being the reason to visit, but not excited as they are prob just talks that may not get off the boardroom whiteboard, and therefore we may never know??
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:23 pm

focking hell is happening again, starting to get excited, id say sumet is happening but it could just be about a new ceo. if it is a new ceo, unless he's the new owners choice, a sale is nowhere near as surely the new owner would be involved in bringing a new ceo in?

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:25 pm

im not gonna get excited just yet. just a sense of intrigue now. just gotta see what - if anything - happens.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:27 pm

UnclePanda wrote:im not gonna get excited just yet. just a sense of intrigue now. just gotta see what - if anything - happens.

uncle panda, I will ride a panda if we are sold  🐘 🐘 (couldn't find a panda picture)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hac2002 Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:30 pm

Eastie wrote:

Maybe we are signing Orville as CEO ?

Could be right as the CEO's usually end up being Lerner's puppets :)
Hac2002
Hac2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:31 pm

I really don't think the sale of the club is happening any time soon. Lerner has arrived to oversee contracts and transfers which he has done before.

Money has been made available to the manager, in the region of 10m but the problem is under the present circumstances  there will not be enough wages to attract the quality we need and that will continue until Lerner leaves.

If my information is correct then I would very much like to see that 10m used in loan fees (Everton-Barry) to try and prise Milner away from Man City for this season in the hope that when this season ends then a new owner will be in place to keep Milner by investing more in the team.

I'd also like us to enquire whether we could get Ashley Young back on loan from Manure on the same conditions.

The alternative might be with transfer fees involved and low wages offered more cheap imports and lower league signings which with few acceptions hasn't worked.

Last edited by Morpheus on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morpheus
Morpheus

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:31 pm

My thought if Lerner was meeting Harris is....he's meeting Harris and who else?

If Merryl's Lunch are just attracting a buyer, qualifying their financials and doing the legals, maybe Harris is advising Lerner as to their qualifications to run a football club (i.e. dont get someone in like Carson Yeung or Randy Lerner) then maybe they had a meeting with a potential buyer in London (??)
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
Andyh wrote:

The bloke is one well connected, in-the-know SOB, bloody clever too. Didn't he also broker the Chelsea and Man City deals?

He sure did mate
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next