The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:39 am

Texas_Mike wrote:Look everyone.... I want change, I am pissed off, Lerner for whatever reason has made mistakes that may lead us into relegation. I would be there with everyone else telling him so and I would not hesitate to let Lambert know that despite the mandate to get the wages under control he has also made mistakes. BUT I would not and will never call other Villa fan sites Twats or call our players collectively fat fuckers. I despise so called supporters that do so and while it may not matter when you are winning, now it matters. The only way I can show my support being so far from home is to stick up for my team and tell wankers like My Old Man to go and find another team to 'support'. I make no apologizes and would rather be banned from this site than allow people that I don't see as supporters dragging down AVFC more than it already has been.
No need for a ban pal, unless that is you continue to call people wankers, then my friend it will be an instant one. Refrain from the language please and the personal insults towards another forum member. Ball is now in your court, passionate or not, no need for name calling.

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by River Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:49 am

Texas_Mike wrote:Look everyone.... I want change, I am pissed off, Lerner for whatever reason has made mistakes that may lead us into relegation. I would be there with everyone else telling him so and I would not hesitate to let Lambert know that despite the mandate to get the wages under control he has also made mistakes. BUT I would not and will never call other Villa fan sites Twats or call our players collectively fat fuckers. I despise so called supporters that do so and while it may not matter when you are winning, now it matters. The only way I can show my support being so far from home is to stick up for my team and tell wankers like My Old Man to go and find another team to 'support'. I make no apologizes and would rather be banned from this site than allow people that I don't see as supporters dragging down AVFC more than it already has been.

Mike, debate the subject not the poster. My Old Man is welcome to an opinion without being called a wanker. We have many players unfit to wear the shirt and surely you can see this? We can't pretend everything is OK while our manager seemingly continues to persevere with failed tactics and players. I've been in the US for two previous tours and the club do definitely put on a great spectacle of inclusion for the fans. But step away from that post-tour glow to the reality of what is happening. You can support the club and be dissatisfied with what you are seeing. The way we have treated Given, Bent, Nzogbia and Hutton is a disgrace. And to now include these players in the 1st team squad is nothing short of ludicrous. How can you expect effort and commitment from these men? I don't and if they do play well I can only raise a glass of respect towards them as we deserve nothing from them after they were treated do shoddily.

As for the banning of opinion of supporters on this site may I refer you to the outline of the various Lions Clubs across the world and sign on the dotted line.
River
River

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas_Mike Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:03 am

Debate the subject!!! look at the Villa Fan Backlash Thread... there is a picture of a sheep with the words Villa Talk twats posted. Tell me how that is anything but abusing fellow supporters and as such need to be addressed. Do you also think all Villa Talk contributors are twats and sheep??? Fat fuckers, I believe was the constructive comment used to describe the team..... what subject is there to debate in these fine adjectives...

There is so much wrong with AVFC right now having so called supporters trash it even further deserves a response..... sorry if you don't agree
Texas_Mike
Texas_Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:09 am

Texas_Mike wrote:Debate the subject!!! look at the Villa Fan Backlash Thread... there is a picture of a sheep with the words Villa Talk twats posted. Tell me how that is anything but abusing fellow supporters and as such need to be addressed. Do you also think all Villa Talk contributors are twats and sheep??? Fat fuckers, I believe was the constructive comment used to describe the team..... what subject is there to debate in these fine adjectives...

There is so much wrong with AVFC right now having so called supporters trash it even further deserves a response..... sorry if you don't agree
I agree it deserves a response, but as i asked, just drop the personal name calling. Anyone else involved will be contacted aswell, no worries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:45 am

Aston Villa have the undying love of the fans who follow her, Mike. It's an emotional ride but one that never ends.

But that love is for Aston Villa and nothing beyond that.

So you have to ask what Aston Villa is and I think that's not easy to define.

Every single thing about the club has changed since it's founding from the colours to the ground, the manager, the owner, the players, the fans.

So what is it?

I'm not sure. Maybe it's walking up the steps of the Witton Lane and seeing the pitch for the very first time as a child.

Maybe it's the sound of the Holte End in full voice.

Maybe it's the dream of running out in those colours and having the hopes and wishes of every fan in your hands.

Maybe it's being a part of an ever growing history.

But whatever it is, it's not to be treated lightly by a manager, the players or the owner.

And that's exactly what's happening now. Those people aren't invested in the club like they should be. Those people don't care about the club other than for what financial reward or vanity points it gets them. And that's ok as long as they pour their heart and soul into the place for the short amount of time they are at the club, just as you or I would.

But when fans see a manager picking up millions of pounds a year and seemingly not having the first clue about what we expect; when fans see players earning millions of pounds a year who are unable to give a shit enough to perform the very basics of football; and when fans see an owner who admits that he's had enough and wants out and makes an absolute dogs breakfast of every single word and action then those fans will speak up because what it means to be "Aston Villa" is being disrespected, belittled and demeaned.

The fans provide the heart, the soul and the blood of the club. But that can only go so far. The rest is up to the players, the managers and the owners.

And they are letting us down so very badly. To the point where it's becoming very hard to associate the Aston Villa we all love with what's in front of us today.

So if calling a fan who has simply had enough a "wanker" for voicing his utter frustration makes you feel better, then go ahead. At the top of the page is a member list link. Feel free to copy and past each name and pop the word "wanker" next to it because I'm sure that the vast majority of us, like MOM, feels the same and has had enough too.

Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas_Mike Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:56 am

No... calling a fan a wanker who called other Villa fans twats is not wrong. I know you Trotters (from many posts) but I have never met you. Do you feel the need to call Villa Talk contributors twats? Do you feel the need to call Villa players Fat Fuckers? I am fed up and you are fed up but we both still want the best for AVFC and its followers. Do you want to post 'Twat' to everyone that is on the member list of Villatalk? If not then my  posts against MOMs comments are to be supported.
Texas_Mike
Texas_Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:31 am

I take your point, Mike. MOM was out of order in labelling a select group of people on another site "twats" for their apparent defence of the club.

I suspect, as I'm sure you do, that it's more to do with some history he's had there rather than the issue itself. After all, Loyalvillan seemed to be backing the club yet he wasn't called a twat.

I'm sure in the morning MOM will realise that he's gone off one one and soften his stance toward VT. Well, 50/50.

But my issues is with your immediate comment that followed.

He called a group of people twats. You countered by telling him to "go fuck yourself", called him a "disgraceful fan", an "asshole", a "muppet" and then finished by telling him to "fuck off".

Whichever way you cut it, you went just a little too far with your retort.

There are clearly two trains of thought on this subject (the Lions Club announcement):

1. It's just a common sense ruling from the club
Or
2. It's the club trying to stamp out any kind of dissent and, once again, a massive PR fuck up at a time when the fans are crying out for something - anything - to go right.

Me? I'm in camp 2. You only have to look at the club's behaviour toward Howard when he had his say to realise that they are hyper sensitive to any form of criticism and will do everything to stamp it out. Have a read of the full document....it's reads like a kindergarten rule book. It's utterly pathetic for a professionally run business's to be dictating such terms to paying customers.

But I can acknowledge that some may see it completely differently and that fans are overreacting.

But that overreaction would not have come if the last two seasons had been even remotely different to what they have been. The club is stumbling through a minefield and stepping on every single mine in its path. It's becoming surreal.

And that's going to get the blood boiling.

But as I said, I think MOM's calling of certain people "twats" has more to do with VT than it does with the frustration at the club. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

We have all come to TBAR from different places with different standards and different opinions. And, by an large, it's been mostly respectful. Let's try and keep it that way.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnyVilla Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:35 am

We are all frustrated. What began as optimism when Lerner took over from Deadly has turned to a nightmare, and it feels like the supporters are powerless. Further, RL doesn't seem to give a flying shit about the fans, and prefers retreat into his recluse lifestyle and occasionally offer brief statements.

We as fans need to remember we all love the club. We'll get through this. Many a time on this and other forums I get frustrated with some of the negativity, but I understand it. I came to the club later in life than many; and I imagine for those who've grown up with The Villa, and supported the club lifelong, this must be an incredibly difficult time.
MinnyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:03 am

Win or lose against Stoke the atmosphere needs to be toxic against Lerner from the very first game, get behind Lambert (yes I know he's not everyone's favourite right now), because the team need our support even if they don't deserve it, I still believe there's a half decent manager there waiting to burst out with the right investment behind him and I don't know why I think that but I do, but that asshole Lerner has to be given it full whack from the off. UTV SOTC
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:47 am

Making the atmosphere toxic against Lerner is a waste of time, he will not be there and he could not give a fuck, this is all about getting every single penny back he can, before and lets hope it is sooner rather than later sells up.
The team needs the support, but it also needs to show the supporters it cares, if we are shit , we are shit, but at least if we see a 110% effort, I for one wont be happy but will accept that the cards being dealt by the twat at the top are what we have to play with, but please do not expect me to support Lambert, he is a big part of the problem full stop.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:40 am

pcfbavfcoman wrote:Making the atmosphere toxic against Lerner is a waste of time, he will not be there and he could not give a fuck, this is all about getting every single penny back he can, before and lets hope it is sooner rather than later sells up.
The team needs the support, but it also needs to show the supporters it cares, if we are shit , we are shit, but at least if we see a 110% effort, I for one wont be happy but will accept that the cards being dealt by the twat at the top are what we have to play with, but please do not expect me to support Lambert, he is a big part of the problem full stop.

If, as I imagine is likely, we are as poor this year as we were last then there will be anger and venom spewing from the crowd. I for one would rather it be at Lerner because a) he is rich spoilt man who has used Villa as a play thing and treated fans like they don't exist. Therefore in my mind he is below contempt. and b) it won't be directed at the team or manager.

I think anyone associated with Villa deserve everything they get. They have ran this club into the ground and beyond. The Chairman, CEO, board, manager and players (to a lesser or greater extent.) They are paid incredibly well for the priveliged position they find themselves in.(regardless of what they could earn at another club)

Venting at the team and manager may have a direct negative effect on the pitch, directing that anger at Owner offically known as C@nt may not. Supporters have a right, even a need, to vent when things go wrong. So why not at an absent owner who doesn't give two fucks about anything at the club anymore.  At least the supporters may feel better.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:49 am

The sad thing is that the season has not yet started and the infighting within the fans is amazing.

Come the 1st game theres gonna be an atmosphere that is not going to be helping the playersand will it make an difference to Learner? If he aint got a buyer he aint gonna sell, simples!
Wookster
Wookster

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:54 am

If as has been stated before that he watches every game back home in America then yes it will be worth letting him know what a c**t he is! he needs to know what the fans think of him and we won't accept what he's done to us.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:09 am

pcfbavfcoman wrote:Making the atmosphere toxic against Lerner is a waste of time, he will not be there and he could not give a fuck, this is all about getting every single penny back he can, before and lets hope it is sooner rather than later sells up.

Totally correct for me -lerner won't be there and couldn't give 2 hoots what the fans feel - if anything on  hearing of it he'd probably sell Delph and Vlaar to teach us a lesson - similar to his alleged ' i will show them " when hearing the opposition to Mcleish.

As for lambert - astonishing he is still in this job.

Regarding the fall outs on here during the night-- we are all frustrated and passionate fans but there is no reason for falling out among ourselves - lets keep this forum a friendly place to debate with a decent atmosphere and no cliques- also can we please not slag off other forums - the internet is big enough for all of us and to those who have joined us from other forums we are pleased you  chose to join .

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:33 am

I don't think stating that some of the players are useless feckers makes anyone less of a fan.....

I mean lets be honest having watched performances last year can you really dis-agree?

Like I once told a match day steward, I've paid my money so I'll say what I want..... obviously without being racist etc.
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:42 am

Wigteke wrote:I don't think stating that some of the players are useless feckers makes anyone less of a fan.....

I mean lets be honest having watched performances last year can you really dis-agree?

Like I once told a match day steward, I've paid my money so I'll say what I want..... obviously without being racist etc.

I tend to agree, these players are on big big money and often stroll around on the pitch - the failure to acknowledge fans after travelling to holland was totally unacceptable as was the performance.

Sadly there is now beginning to appear a big rift between the clubs management and fans - it is quite shocking how badly things have slipped.

As for the players if they give their all the fans will back them - if not then they have nowhere to hide and fans have every right to express their feelings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:33 am

Totally agree Eastie. There is a rift developing, and its getting wider.
As I have said previously, Lambert has absolutely no credit in the bank with Villa Fans.
Get off to a bad start and the atmosphere will soon become poisonous, the pressure will build and the team will find itself in trouble very quickly.
He wont get till Easter, or even Christmas before it turns nasty, I reckon if we are in the shit by the end of September there will be real anger amongst the fans (if its not there already).
We have already heard of fans booing at a friendly..... a bloody friendly for gods sake, that does not bode well !!
That is one of the main reasons why Lambert should be removed. I think its more dangerous to the team with him there, than with him gone, even at this stage.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 am

Andyh wrote:Totally agree Eastie. There is a rift developing, and its getting wider.
As I have said previously, Lambert has absolutely no credit in the bank with Villa Fans.
Get off to a bad start and the atmosphere will soon become poisonous, the pressure will build and the team will find itself in trouble very quickly.
He wont get till Easter, or even Christmas before it turns nasty, I reckon if we are in the shit by the end of September there will be real anger amongst the fans (if its not there already).
We have already heard of fans booing at a friendly..... a bloody friendly for gods sake, that does not bode well !!
That is one of the main reasons why Lambert should be removed. I think its more dangerous to the team with him there, than with him gone, even at this stage.

I agree - the removal of lambert will give us a bit of a lift in my opinion - I just have zero faith in him as a manager .
Then comes the question - who would we get ? To be honest not many could do worse - Clarke, Lennon, hoddle, mackay - none of those are ideal but would probably all be an upgrade on lambert - fresh ideas are needed !

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigteke Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:39 am

Eastie wrote:
Wigteke wrote:I don't think stating that some of the players are useless feckers makes anyone less of a fan.....

I tend to agree, these players are on big big money and often stroll around on the pitch - the failure to acknowledge fans after travelling to holland was totally unacceptable as was the performance.

Sadly there is now beginning to appear a big rift between the clubs management and fans - it is quite shocking how badly things have slipped.

As for the players if they give their all the fans will back them - if not then they have nowhere to hide and fans have every right to express their feelings.

I believe the problem is that a lot of the players don't realise what it SHOULD mean to play for a club like Aston Villa. Too many of them seem to want to just turn up and get their pay cheque at the end of the week.
Wigteke
Wigteke

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:06 am

Trotters wrote:I take your point, Mike. MOM was out of order in labelling a select group of people on another site "twats" for their apparent defence of the club.

I suspect, as I'm sure you do, that it's more to do with some history he's had there rather than the issue itself. After all, Loyalvillan seemed to be backing the club yet he wasn't called a twat.

I'm sure in the morning MOM will realise that he's gone off one one and soften his stance toward VT. Well, 50/50.

But my issues is with your immediate comment that followed.

He called a group of people twats. You countered by telling him to "go fuck yourself", called him a "disgraceful fan", an "asshole", a "muppet" and then finished by telling him to "fuck off".

Whichever way you cut it, you went just a little too far with your retort.

There are clearly two trains of thought on this subject (the Lions Club announcement):

1. It's just a common sense ruling from the club
Or
2. It's the club trying to stamp out any kind of dissent and, once again, a massive PR fuck up at a time when the fans are crying out for something - anything - to go right.

Me? I'm in camp 2. You only have to look at the club's behaviour toward Howard when he had his say to realise that they are hyper sensitive to any form of criticism and will do everything to stamp it out. Have a read of the full document....it's reads like a kindergarten rule book. It's utterly pathetic for a professionally run business's to be dictating such terms to paying customers.

But I can acknowledge that some may see it completely differently and that fans are overreacting.

But that overreaction would not have come if the last two seasons had been even remotely different to what they have been. The club is stumbling through a minefield and stepping on every single mine in its path. It's becoming surreal.

And that's going to get the blood boiling.

But as I said, I think MOM's calling of certain people "twats" has more to do with VT than it does with the frustration at the club. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

We have all come to TBAR from different places with different standards and different opinions. And, by an large, it's been mostly respectful. Let's try and keep it that way.

Says it all for me 8) 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:11 am

Leafs1201 wrote:If as has been stated before that he watches every game back home in America then yes it will be worth letting him know what a c**t he is! he needs to know what the fans think of him and we won't accept what he's done to us.

He also has a tattoo, is a true custodian of the club and a fan before he bought us. Let's not believe everything we were told about our beloved leader. Laughing

Last edited by My Old Man on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:32 am

Sadly all those who've been very willing to polish his now famous helmet have firmly given Lerner the impression he can get away with anything.

Vera Duckworth would have called such an obsequious person a flaming useless great article.
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:32 am

I think the fans will go into the Stoke game fully backing the team. But the mood the club has created themselves - and the state that we're in IS of the club's own doing - will mean that patience will be very thin.

If we perform like we did against Groningen and go behind in the first ten minutes and then do nothing to try and get a result, then it'll turn nasty and the first home game will be very tense indeed.

Will Lerner care? I'd hope so. The fan backlash, social media, the papers, etc will pile the pressure on and I hope it makes him realise that he needs to spend or drop his price and get out.

Dropping $50m won't be easy to do but I dare say he'll be able to structure it so it's some kind of tax write off and will ultimately save money when it's not him that has to buy new players/wages.

Rows will be inevitably break out if (let's face it, when) our points total after ten games is negligible and we're in the bottom three. Most fans will be puce but some will say that the hard games are out of the road and we'll climb the table.

The odd win here and there will give the more positive fans a reason to believe that Lambert is still the man for the job but most will realise that, like the last two seasons, it's just papering over cracks that are now ridiculously huge.

It's going to be a long, shit season. Let's try not to "28 Days Later" each other over it.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:35 am

When are going sign and player or two who can actually create things in the final 3rd instead of playing useless strikers out wide ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:11 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath Harry.
And the fact that the majority of conversations are around club ownership, and the ability of the manager, rather than excitement of potential new players speaks volumes for me.
There are no rumours, whispers or indications of ANYTHING happening on that front.

Our expectations have been well and truly managed!!
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next