The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 35 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Walmley_Villa Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:24 pm

It'll be Risdale knowing our luck combined with Lerner's ability to make sound business decisions....
Oh, hello all....
Walmley_Villa

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 35 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 35 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:50 pm

If hes trying to sell us, then he has no need to hire a CEO unless of course hes not selling us and all this is just one big stunt.

If you were approached, would you take the job knowing you may be out on your ear sometime soon?

Sorry, but if hires a CEO then that means we are stuck with Lerner and no takeover is anywhere near if it ever was.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 35 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:52 pm

My Old Man wrote:If hes trying to sell us, then he has no need to hire a CEO unless of course hes not selling us and all this is just one big stunt.

If you were approached, would you take the job knowing you may be out on your ear sometime soon?

Sorry, but if hires a CEO then that means we are stuck with Lerner and no takeover is anywhere near if it ever was.

Unless it's a CEO with experience of making the club shipshape, preparing sales and transitioning ownership. There's plenty of CEO's who do this on interim basis for fuckloads of cash knowing that they're not getting a career out of 1 job
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 35 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
My Old Man wrote:If hes trying to sell us, then he has no need to hire a CEO unless of course hes not selling us and all this is just one big stunt.

Unless it's a CEO with experience of making the club shipshape, preparing sales and transitioning ownership. There's plenty of CEO's who do this on interim basis for fuckloads of cash knowing that they're not getting a career out of 1 job

Hmmm maybe...

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:21 pm

I don't know who, I just know the man Lerner has targeted has experience in the role from a football perspective. I said earlier today, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Trevor Birch. Expert at short term posts. Maybe Kenyon? What's he upto now?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by River Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:42 pm

How about Garry Cook who used to be with Man City. He is from Birmingham, not sure what he is up to now. Left under a bit of a cloud I think but he was there when the takeover happened at City
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes he was, he quit after that rumous with a players mum and emailing something about her. He did a great job though.

We've had 3 CEO's in Lerner's time Michael Cunnah, Richard Fitzgerald and Faulkner, who's next I wonder.

Would love Martin Edwards or David Deinn, won't happen tough.

Trevor Birch would be my guess if its a short term appointment
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:53 pm

What about David Gill ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 pm

Good shout Harry. I wouldn't have any objections to him.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:56 pm

Mazrim wrote:I hope a new CEO will be appointed by a new owner. But if we are actually getting a guy with football knowledge, it's only about 3 or 4 years after everybody knew and suggested it.

Still, get something right for fucks sake. Please. Spoil us with a momentary lapse of incompetence.

That made me laugh, it just can't get worse!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by BournVilla Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:05 am

River wrote:How about Garry Cook who used to be with Man City. He is from Birmingham, not sure what he is up to now. Left under a bit of a cloud I think but he was there when the takeover happened at City

He's a Bluenose, and a Villa hating Bluenose at that.
BournVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:06 am

achilles wrote:
Mazrim wrote:I hope a new CEO will be appointed by a new owner. But if we are actually getting a guy with football knowledge, it's only about 3 or 4 years after everybody knew and suggested it.

Still, get something right for fucks sake. Please. Spoil us with a momentary lapse of incompetence.

That made me laugh, it just can't get worse!

Haha very funny and depressingly accurate
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:09 am

Good to see a few new members to the forum today. Welcome to all and if you haven't posted yet, this thread is a good place to start.  cheers 
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:14 am

BournVilla wrote:
River wrote:How about Garry Cook who used to be with Man City. He is from Birmingham, not sure what he is up to now. Left under a bit of a cloud I think but he was there when the takeover happened at City

Was not aware of his Blues connection. He can piss off then.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:16 am

BournVilla wrote:

Are there any other sort? Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:50 am

Garry Cook is one of the most disagreeable wastes of spunk in the known universe. He may be good at what he does, but so was Hitler.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 35 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:54 am

Doesn't sound to convincing on Vlaar tonight
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:59 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Doesn't sound to convincing on Vlaar tonight

What's been said? Not seen anything.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:13 am

I wish something would happen.

However I might be mad, but I am feeling a tiny bit more confident about the upcoming season with a bit more experience coming in/back in. We might surprise a few and not be in a relegation fight from the word go.

But I have been wrong before LOL!!
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:19 am

Virtually every season is 'normally' approached with optimism but for once virtually everybody expects us to struggle so with expectations so low perhaps we may be pleasantly surprised... well pigs do fly if you push them out of a window!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:59 am

Mazrim wrote:Garry Cook is one of the most disagreeable wastes of spunk in the known universe. He may be good at what he does, but so was Hitler.

Indeed. I read some time back that he went to meet Kaka in order to bring him to Man City. Kaka, apparently, is a very spiritual man and wanted to make a connection on that level with his new employers. Gary Cock just threw money at him and didn't give a toss about what the player was saying.

But....money!

Compete penis. And a nose.

So 50/50 Lerner will get him in, then.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 35 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnyVilla Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:07 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Doesn't sound to convincing on Vlaar tonight

What are you hearing?
MinnyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:13 am

Info coming from BMH was delayed as there is a "no mobile phones to be used when Lerner is here" policy. Clearly someone at VP/BMH is a control freak.

If Lerner is in the UK to talk to a CEO, then it says a few things to me.

(a) Robin Russell has said he's not a footballing CEO and wants to step back.
(b) Lambert has either told Lerner that he's far too busy to take on any more work or
(c) Lambert asked for more responsibility in the day to day running of the club and Lerner said no.

Given that we've heard that Lambert was walking around with a face like thunder yesterday, maybe he's not pleased with whatever CEO news there is, maybe he's not pleased that Randy has taken the talks with Vlaar and Delph off him or....maybe that's just his normal day-face.

It makes perfect sense to get a CEO in with an eye for running a sports business. Which says to me that it's not happening because Randy does very little that seems to make any sense.

He's cut the players and management to a minimum, he's clearly saving money and the sponsors for the season are in place, the window shuts in a few weeks and he'd obviously be hoping that a takeover will happen ASAP.

So why throw in a rather expensive addition to the company at this stage of the game? Great idea if he's planning on putting $50-$100m into the club but if not, what's the point?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:20 am

Going back to Lambert for a sec, we've heard (as I've said above) that he was looking mighty pissed off yesterday. We've heard he had a bust up with Hutton (I can almost hear the words "well do the fucking post match interview your fucking self then!!). He's done no media appearances or reports for the OS since the last game.

Clearly there's a lot going on that he's not best pleased about. Is Roy Keane undermining things? Was he made promises by Lerner regarding money or responsibilities that have been reneged upon? Has a new CEO been hired that Lambert has unfavourable history with?

Whatever it is, there's an awful lot of tension at Villa at the moment.

Something's gonna blow up soon.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 am

Ironically , if a bust up between Lambert and Hutton did happen, is an article in the sun,of all papers, where Hutton is saying how well he gets on with Lambert. This summer has been one of the most surreal yet depressing off seasons I have had as a villa fan.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next