The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

+90
Chicken
Steveallen79
Mykey38
Sky
George
Deano69
MadVillan
EbeneezerGoode
USVillan
mefromhere
expatvilla
upthevilla76
Villa jimmy
AVit
Sceptical Villan
VillaSteve
Kaz
Thinman
GodzoneVilla
MinnyVilla
Jim
tbarrules
LVBrit
mini_ beest
johnny noodles
thetrees
Mikethevillan
Villa Youth
Misterp
COE1982
pcfbavfcoman
andrew24561
larvin86
villabromsgrove
jvilla
boomtown_flats
Alpe_DHuez
Leafs1201
Villafran
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Longboy
mr woo
CTVillan
Villarocks666
Andyh
H+V
Monkeywrench
Jae1411
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
villashrew
Texas_Mike
gwentvillan
Mooseman
Kakacroom
lukevilla
Keyser Soze
heystally!
BournVilla
HarryAVFC
Morgan Villa
South London Villan
AVFClee
Dek of Villa
DN1982
Poseidon
cgale
Saunders
Synopsis
whiteensign
Denis_B
UnclePanda
Green Villan
gdav
chrisw1
SCATTERBAD
Trotters
thinlizzy
omariqy
banneruk
God_wore_number5
holtehero
RoyRace
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Southern Villan
My Old Man
GadgetMan
Jimmycarr
Zidane
94 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by AVFClee Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Jae1411 wrote:this is starting to turn into the graham taylor season all over again

Just what i was thinking chap, i remember well Oyvind Leonhardson, Kinsella etc all older players similar to now, yes we needed experiance but quality
AVFClee
AVFClee

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 38 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:Roy Keane on Kieran Richardson:

"“He is a lazy defender who deserved to get punished".

oops!

When did he say this? Whilst as a TV pundit or after managing Sunderland? Should make for interesting times
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Deano69 wrote:The clubs a fucking joke from top to bottom.

You have to be a child, or have your head stuck firmly up your arse, not to see that after the last 4 years.

With Richardson now coming, I thought this was worthy of re-posting.
Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:23 pm

As Keane had him on wearside I would imagine he would have had a big part in his signing at villa?
We have a Richardson thread now on transfer talk and would appreciate it if we could try to keep this for takeover talk although I appreciate it's all kind of linked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:57 pm

AVFClee wrote:
Jae1411 wrote:this is starting to turn into the graham taylor season all over again

Just what i was thinking chap, i remember well Oyvind Leonhardson, Kinsella  etc all older players similar to now, yes we needed experiance but quality

Eirik Bakke on loan on deadline day to name another
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:17 pm

@MirrorFootball: Randy Lerner has seven weeks to save his Aston Villa legacy, says @JamesNursey http://t.co/djNvd4V1H0

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:24 pm

God nursey is an annoying knob

Half his articles regurgitate the same things he has said before
holtehero

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Lerner still in Milan. Must be having a field day shopping. Clothes galore...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:47 pm

TheEgo wrote:Lerner still in Milan. Must be having a field day shopping. Clothes galore...

Really? Maybe he is courting Cortese over a candlelit meal ? Probably when he heard his name was nicola he was expecting a woman :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:47 pm

Eastie wrote:@MirrorFootball: Randy Lerner has seven weeks to save his Aston Villa legacy, says @JamesNursey http://t.co/djNvd4V1H0

Couldn't give a flying FCUK what that so called reporter has to say about Villa in his gutter rag ....... Knob end of the highest order and so pro Lambert anti Lerner and all things Villa it's untrue ......
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Looks like a  quiet night tonight without mr gale  .

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveallen79 Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Eastie wrote:Looks like a  quiet night tonight  without mr gale  .

:face: 
Steveallen79
Steveallen79

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:39 pm

I don't think the likes of Richardson would be signing if a serious takeover was in the offing. Why would a player put themselves in the position of signing for a club when they'd find themselves out of the picture so quickly after a takeover? Why would Lerner squander the money needed for a signing on fee and a few weeks wages if he wasn't sticking around?

Hate to say it guys but I don't think there's anything in the offing for the time being.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:41 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:I don't think the likes of Richardson would be signing if a serious takeover was in the offing. Why would a player put themselves in the position of signing for a club when they'd find themselves out of the picture so quickly after a takeover? Why would Lerner squander the money needed for a signing on fee and a few weeks wages if he wasn't sticking around?

Hate to say it guys but I don't think there's anything in the offing for the time being.  

Sadly I think you are probably right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicken Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Eastie wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:I don't think the likes of Richardson would be signing if a serious takeover was in the offing. Why would a player put themselves in the position of signing for a club when they'd find themselves out of the picture so quickly after a takeover? Why would Lerner squander the money needed for a signing on fee and a few weeks wages if he wasn't sticking around?

I never post, but at the moment I am devastated with what is going on, really poor possible signings. We sign joe cole on a free when we could have sign Barry on free who had a blinder last year
Chicken

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 38 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:53 pm

Chicken wrote:
Eastie wrote:

I never post, but at the moment I am devastated with what is going on, really poor possible signings. We sign joe cole on a free when we could have sign Barry on free who had a blinder last year

Cole is apparently willing to take £20K a week. Whilst Barry will no doubt be on for a paycut I expect he will be getting much, much more than that from Everton.

I think Cole might surprise us though. Not sure about Senderos or Richardson.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicken Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Agree and hope so mate, but when we are talking about wages and not cost of the player we are in a really bad place
Chicken

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 38 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:00 pm

Chicken wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Welcome mate , good to see you have broken your duck :)

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Chicken wrote:Agree and hope so mate, but when we are talking about wages and not cost of the player we are in a really bad place

Fulham are in the Championship and just spent £10million on McCormack from Leeds. If you go by some rumours that fee would be our entire transfer budget including wages
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:08 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:
Chicken wrote:Agree and hope so mate, but when we are talking about wages and not cost of the player we are in a really bad place

Fulham are in the Championship and just spent £10million on McCormack from Leeds. If you go by some rumours that fee would be our entire transfer budget including wages
Fulham are planning for the future …. We on the other hand are not!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:

Fulham are planning for the future …. We on the other hand are not!
Or they're panicking and were not.
Keyser Soze

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 pm

But if Richardson was short of other offers (as he may well be), then another contract to take him into his thirties gives him security

He probably feels he cannot get guaranteed first team football in the premiership, so why not give it a go at Villa where (based on current squad) he has a decent chance? If they get taken over at least the contract gives him financial security. Apparently the transfer fee isnt much (per Telegraph) either.

So I'm not sure this means a takeover is unlikely, just more of the same business as usual, prepare on the basis there is no takeover approach the club has adopted since the New York meeting.

I actually feel Richardson is a fairly solid signing. 32 games last year, 4 goals. Decent left foot. Rather him at LB then poor old Baker covering for a panic stricken Luna. Still can't get the terror of watching Baker in our build up play at LB away at Fulham last year. Witin our wage restrictions might prove a decent signing. Better stop wandering off topic though...
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:44 pm

Chicken wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Barry cost Everton £2m and they're in a much better position league-wise and financially. That was never going to happen.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:46 pm

TheEgo wrote:Lerner still in Milan. Must be having a field day shopping. Clothes galore...

Plane in Milan but Lerner is in Sicily talking to prospective buyers,Lol
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:04 pm

It's been obvious for ages a take over isn't close
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next