The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

+90
Chicken
Steveallen79
Mykey38
Sky
George
Deano69
MadVillan
EbeneezerGoode
USVillan
mefromhere
expatvilla
upthevilla76
Villa jimmy
AVit
Sceptical Villan
VillaSteve
Kaz
Thinman
GodzoneVilla
MinnyVilla
Jim
tbarrules
LVBrit
mini_ beest
johnny noodles
thetrees
Mikethevillan
Villa Youth
Misterp
COE1982
pcfbavfcoman
andrew24561
larvin86
villabromsgrove
jvilla
boomtown_flats
Alpe_DHuez
Leafs1201
Villafran
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Longboy
mr woo
CTVillan
Villarocks666
Andyh
H+V
Monkeywrench
Jae1411
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
villashrew
Texas_Mike
gwentvillan
Mooseman
Kakacroom
lukevilla
Keyser Soze
heystally!
BournVilla
HarryAVFC
Morgan Villa
South London Villan
AVFClee
Dek of Villa
DN1982
Poseidon
cgale
Saunders
Synopsis
whiteensign
Denis_B
UnclePanda
Green Villan
gdav
chrisw1
SCATTERBAD
Trotters
thinlizzy
omariqy
banneruk
God_wore_number5
holtehero
RoyRace
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Southern Villan
My Old Man
GadgetMan
Jimmycarr
Zidane
94 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 39 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by EbeneezerGoode Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Southern Villan wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:I don't think the likes of Richardson would be signing if a serious takeover was in the offing. Why would a player put themselves in the position of signing for a club when they'd find themselves out of the picture so quickly after a takeover? Why would Lerner squander the money needed for a signing on fee and a few weeks wages if he wasn't sticking around?

Hate to say it guys but I don't think there's anything in the offing for the time being.  

But if Richardson was short of other offers (as he may well be), then another contract to take him into his thirties gives him security

He probably feels he cannot get guaranteed first team football in the premiership, so why not give it a go at Villa where (based on current squad) he has a decent chance? If they get taken over at least the contract gives him financial security. Apparently the transfer fee isnt much (per Telegraph) either.

So I'm not sure this means a takeover is unlikely, just more of the same business as usual, prepare on the basis there is no takeover approach the club has adopted since the New York meeting.

It's not just Richardson though, there is Cole and Senderos too. Bringing in three players seems a bit unnecessary if a takeover was close. They wouldn't 'prepare on the basis there is no takeover' unless what was happening was at best at a very early stage. To suggest otherwise is to credit Lerner with a great deal more strategic planning skills than he has shown previously at the club.

These players and the current management are going to have to work to keep us in the premier league next season with the new owners coming in either during or after it.

Southern Villan wrote:I actually feel Richardson is a fairly solid signing. 32 games last year, 4 goals. Decent left foot. Rather him at LB then poor old Baker covering for a panic stricken Luna. Still can't get the terror of watching Baker in our build up play at LB away at Fulham last year. Witin our wage restrictions might prove a decent signing. Better stop wandering off topic though...

Agree with you there. He'll do a job. I think people were expecting a takeover to be concluded by now and for us to be bringing in quality. Instead Lerner is still in-situ and we're bringing in worthy but uninspiring lower Premier League players.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 39 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Is Richardson going to be fully committed to us though? Will he put his balls on the line for AVFC?

HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:
Chicken wrote:Agree and hope so mate, but when we are talking about wages and not cost of the player we are in a really bad place

Fulham are in the Championship and just spent £10million on McCormack from Leeds. If you go by some rumours that fee would be our entire transfer budget including wages
Fulham are planning for the future …. We on the other hand are not!

Fulham are panic buying as they know if they don't get promoted next year it's over for them! We look like we are signing there best player from last year so I wouldn't worry too much what others spend. We are all in different circumstances. We need to be clever trying to build a team as money is tight but we are strengthening and with a bit of luck with injuries we will be fine.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:36 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:
Southern Villan wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:I don't think the likes of Richardson would be signing if a serious takeover was in the offing. Why would a player put themselves in the position of signing for a club when they'd find themselves out of the picture so quickly after a takeover? Why would Lerner squander the money needed for a signing on fee and a few weeks wages if he wasn't sticking around?

Hate to say it guys but I don't think there's anything in the offing for the time being.  

But if Richardson was short of other offers (as he may well be), then another contract to take him into his thirties gives him security

He probably feels he cannot get guaranteed first team football in the premiership, so why not give it a go at Villa where (based on current squad) he has a decent chance? If they get taken over at least the contract gives him financial security. Apparently the transfer fee isnt much (per Telegraph) either.

So I'm not sure this means a takeover is unlikely, just more of the same business as usual, prepare on the basis there is no takeover approach the club has adopted since the New York meeting.

It's not just Richardson though, there is Cole and Senderos too. Bringing in three players seems a bit unnecessary if a takeover was close. They wouldn't 'prepare on the basis there is no takeover' unless what was happening was at best at a very early stage. To suggest otherwise is to credit Lerner with a great deal more strategic planning skills than he has shown previously at the club.

These players and the current management are going to have to work to keep us in the premier league next season with the new owners coming in either during or after it.

Southern Villan wrote:I actually feel Richardson is a fairly solid signing. 32 games last year, 4 goals. Decent left foot. Rather him at LB then poor old Baker covering for a panic stricken Luna. Still can't get the terror of watching Baker in our build up play at LB away at Fulham last year. Witin our wage restrictions might prove a decent signing. Better stop wandering off topic though...

Agree with you there. He'll do a job. I think people were expecting a takeover to be concluded by now and for us to be bringing in quality. Instead Lerner is still in-situ and we're bringing in worthy but uninspiring lower Premier League players.

Definitely agree that the extent of this business as usual planning suggests a takeover is a way off.

The only crumb at the moment seems to be the aeroplane version of the Italian Job. Let's hope Randy has smuggled Cortese, Cambiasso, Palaciao and Guarin out of there by now, and is currently cracking open the champagne over Austrian airspace.
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:46 pm

DN1982 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
EbeneezerGoode wrote:
Chicken wrote:Agree and hope so mate, but when we are talking about wages and not cost of the player we are in a really bad place

Fulham are in the Championship and just spent £10million on McCormack from Leeds. If you go by some rumours that fee would be our entire transfer budget including wages
Fulham are planning for the future …. We on the other hand are not!

Fulham are panic buying as they know if they don't get promoted next year it's over for them! We look like we are signing there best player from last year so I wouldn't worry too much what others spend. We are all in different circumstances. We need to be clever trying to build a team as money is tight but we are strengthening and with a bit of luck with injuries we will be fine.
We will almost certainly sell Vlaar (Senderos replaces), we may sell Delph (Joe Cole as replacement), and Luna and Bennett are poor left backs (Richardson who is not a proper left back replaces?) I'll carry on worrying if that's alright with everyone.

PS. Fulham owner has the money and is prepared to spend it …. Randy has the money but hasn't been prepared to spend it for the last couple of seasons.
villabromsgrove

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of reason Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:48 pm

TheEgo wrote:Has CGale been removed? I can't see his posts anymore (some might say that's a good thing)

So was CGale a

Troll
Villa staff
A blues fan
Member of Freemasons
A relative of Mr Lerner
One of Lambert's cronies
Maybe Mr Lambert himself
Or what about fat boy Faulkner

My questions is to those who backed him, made excuses for him, called us Doom Merchants, those who question our loyalty to Villa and held up said pariah as someone to be lauded. What you saying now? lol!

Last edited by Voice of reason on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Voice of reason
Voice of reason

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Been out all day, was hoping for some news on the VIP talks or plane spotting. Instead I get back to hear we're signing Richardson?? What the fuck!! Can't see a takeover being close as we're still shopping in poundland!!
I was really looking forward to the summer after that season but it just shows u can count on Randy to fuck everything up even a takeover.  bounce
gdav
gdav

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Voice of reason wrote:
TheEgo wrote:Has CGale been removed? I can't see his posts anymore (some might say that's a good thing)

So was CGale a

Troll
Villa staff
A blues fan
Member of Freemasons
A relative of Mr Lerner
One of Lambert's cronies
Maybe Mr Lambert himself

My questions is to those who backed him, made excuses for him, called us Doom Merchants, those who question our loyalty to Villa and held up said pariah as someone to be lauded. What you saying now? lol!

The way he vehemently supported the Lerner years he has to be connected to Lerner. Could he have been the General?
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Edit.

Last edited by villabromsgrove on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Voice of reason wrote:

So was CGale a

Troll
Villa staff
A blues fan
Member of Freemasons
A relative of Mr Lerner
One of Lambert's cronies
Maybe Mr Lambert himself

cgale has a 24 hour stoppage, that's all folks.
Edit......cgale is not a troll imv. He just believes in what he posts. No more slagging of cgale please. Many thanks.

Last edited by PDC Lion on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:50 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:CGale knew what he wanted …. a reaction. I'm sure he didn't believe most of what he was posting, but as long as people bit he was happy. Trolling is only ever satisfying for a short period …. then you move on.

He is serving a 24 hr ban - we will see if he returns tomorrow or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:54 pm

First post on here, although have been reading for a while ( since the fanfare post stating we were sold!!). I usually post on AVL, but read most blogs where AVFC are concerned.
I'm gutted at the level we have fallen to, and feel cheated at handing over my hard earned ST cash, only to get absolute barrel scrapers brought in as star signings. I'm of the opinion we are a million miles away from a sale, and are heading into a tough long season, being led by one of the worst managers in our history.
I do love the positivity on here and tiny rays of sunshine like plane spotting, let's hope I'm completely wrong, otherwise I'm gonna need to be pissed up for the whole season trying to numb the pain  Scarf Waving 
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Welcome B62- glad you have joined us :)

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:57 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

So was CGale a

Troll
Villa staff
A blues fan
Member of Freemasons
A relative of Mr Lerner
One of Lambert's cronies
Maybe Mr Lambert himself

He makes some good points but they get lost at times but his pro stance is just as laughable and annoying as the anti brigade. There seems to be an agenda against at times but he's entitled to his view regardless whether you think it's preposterous or not. Personally I'd rather someone try and spin positive stuff about our club rather than the constant negativity you get from others.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Eastie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:CGale knew what he wanted …. a reaction. I'm sure he didn't believe most of what he was posting, but as long as people bit he was happy. Trolling is only ever satisfying for a short period …. then you move on.

He is serving a 24 hr ban - we will see if he returns tomorrow or not.

What was he banned for Eastie? Something you guys have since deleted?
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:59 pm

DN1982 wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

So was CGale a

Troll
Villa staff
A blues fan
Member of Freemasons
A relative of Mr Lerner
One of Lambert's cronies
Maybe Mr Lambert himself

He makes some good points but they get lost at times but his pro stance is just as laughable and annoying as the anti brigade. There seems to be an agenda against at times but he's entitled to his view regardless whether you think it's preposterous or not. Personally I'd rather someone try and spin positive stuff about our club rather than the constant negativity you get from others.

The reasons are private but he certainly wasn't banned for his views

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Eastie wrote:
DN1982 wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

So was CGale a

Troll
Villa staff
A blues fan
Member of Freemasons
A relative of Mr Lerner
One of Lambert's cronies
Maybe Mr Lambert himself

The reasons are private but he certainly wasn't banned for his views
spot on Eastie.

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:08 pm

When did this turn into the cgale thread?? Anyone heard anymore on the VIP meetings??
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:13 pm

gdav wrote:When did this turn into the cgale thread?? Anyone heard anymore on the VIP meetings??
Nothing today pal, nada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:15 pm

gdav wrote:When did this turn into the cgale thread?? Anyone heard anymore on the VIP meetings??

I tweeted City Diary at the Telegraph (the gossip column  that was pushing the Arison story) to see if they had any more snippets. Seems not. https://twitter.com/TeleCityDiary/with_replies

Maybe I should have just said no to your question  Tumbleweed
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Nothing today pal, nada.

PDC you were hoping for a bit more yesterday if I remember correctly? Do you think it's no news at all, or just delayed?
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

So was CGale a

Troll
Villa staff
A blues fan
Member of Freemasons
A relative of Mr Lerner
One of Lambert's cronies
Maybe Mr Lambert himself

Edit......cgale is not a troll imv. He just believes in what he posts. No more slagging of cgale please. Many thanks.
Cheers, I've edited my post about CGale having checked his posting history on several sites over many years. The guy is a serial defender of all things Villa. Frustrating, but now that I know I will factor that in when I read his posts.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Been out all day and just got back. Cant be arsed to go all through the posts, so whats the run down?

Have i missed anything?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:29 pm

Just a bit of tumbleweed blowing through.
The 'noses are nearer to a takeover than us.
thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:30 pm

thetrees wrote:Just a bit of tumbleweed blowing through.
The 'noses are nearer to a takeover than us.

Normality then Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next