The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

+90
Chicken
Steveallen79
Mykey38
Sky
George
Deano69
MadVillan
EbeneezerGoode
USVillan
mefromhere
expatvilla
upthevilla76
Villa jimmy
AVit
Sceptical Villan
VillaSteve
Kaz
Thinman
GodzoneVilla
MinnyVilla
Jim
tbarrules
LVBrit
mini_ beest
johnny noodles
thetrees
Mikethevillan
Villa Youth
Misterp
COE1982
pcfbavfcoman
andrew24561
larvin86
villabromsgrove
jvilla
boomtown_flats
Alpe_DHuez
Leafs1201
Villafran
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Longboy
mr woo
CTVillan
Villarocks666
Andyh
H+V
Monkeywrench
Jae1411
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
villashrew
Texas_Mike
gwentvillan
Mooseman
Kakacroom
lukevilla
Keyser Soze
heystally!
BournVilla
HarryAVFC
Morgan Villa
South London Villan
AVFClee
Dek of Villa
DN1982
Poseidon
cgale
Saunders
Synopsis
whiteensign
Denis_B
UnclePanda
Green Villan
gdav
chrisw1
SCATTERBAD
Trotters
thinlizzy
omariqy
banneruk
God_wore_number5
holtehero
RoyRace
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Southern Villan
My Old Man
GadgetMan
Jimmycarr
Zidane
94 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:21 am

Guzan needs proper competition. He saved nothing last season. Luna, Bennett need shooting. We need a new left back or two. Lowton can attack but can't defend. Bacuna has no real position. He's no winger or Right back. Midfield is non existent. Might be better if Lambert lets Gardner and Grealsih play a fair bit. Zoggy and Tonev to. Could be two direct quick wingers we have finally

HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:22 am

cgale wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Will we ever buy a CM/DM ?
I'm hoping Vlaar brings a team mate with him when he returns

To us or Man United Wink 

Depends on how much Lambert has of course, but i think a lot of the players at the World Cup will be getting better offers than we are willing to pay. For me, its not so much what we pay for a particular player any more, but the wage that hinders us trying to entice better players.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:33 am

My Old Man wrote:
cgale wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Will we ever buy a CM/DM ?
I'm hoping Vlaar brings a team mate with him when he returns

To us or Man United Wink 

Depends on how much Lambert has of course, but i think a lot of the players at the World Cup will be getting better offers than we are willing to pay. For me, its not so much what we pay for a particular player any more, but the wage that hinders us trying to entice better players.

Well Vlaar still has a year on his contract & if no offers are being accepted he'll have to submit a tranfer request -- but will he ?
cgale

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:00 am

We'll lets see what tomorrow brings. Last time we had statements they came in threes. Will the same be said this time round?

The only statement I want to hear is.....we've been sold, not that we've signed bentder or any other cheapo/freebie past it player.

#LenrerOutAsap
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:00 am

Southern Villan wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:Some solid information for everybody, solid as granite.
Randy Lerner has been at both VP and BMH in meetings with what was described as "V.I.P Guests of Aston Villa Football Club" all day long today.
Meetings expected to be on going for some time.
Don't know what to make of this but it is a shread of info about something happening. Very Happy 
Make of it what you will but i see this as a very interesting bit of info.

Thank you for sharing mate.

Just to help with context for us, is this one of the sources that was helping put together the Davis takeover news? Or, in another way, can you help us with what they have right before?

Or just tell me to get lost, which would be fair enough - your source is valuable and we all want him or her to stay that way.
A similar source pal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:16 am

Things are, apparently, on the move regarding a takeover. Sleep tight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:32 am

Just checked my euro millions numbers. That's me still skint and out of the running then. Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:02 am

Got half a bottle of claret left, in a blue bottle , if anyone fancies a glass ?
Going 5-4-3-2-1. Sorry, too late. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:04 am

Any Aussies out there ?

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:25 am

Brummie/kiwi now mate - I'm always up for talk in the middle of the night UK time. its 2:20pm here.

Hopefully the takeover is moving PDC , from your source or is it the Red Wine talking :)

Not the most exciting signing (if it happens) - but hell I'd take bentner over what we have currently available. Kozak maybe - but Weimann and Gabby aren't worth the shirt on their back going from last seasons form.

Hopefully things are moving. While obviously not ideal right about now I'd be happy with Lerner just gone and no more strengthening until January. Clearly unimpressed with last year's effort, but if we can avoid injuries for a few months, I think the squad is much more capable of achieving respectability (especially if Cole can provide creativity and positive influence and stay uninjured. Also if Kean can motivate the squad and give Lambert a quick ABC on tactics, it would be a big help)

Respectable will do me until January comes - then I want mega millions spent! lol!
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpe_DHuez Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:39 am

This place has turned into VT - someone take away Harrys keyboard please

I for one think we will do better this coming season than last and I don't expect us to be sold before the season begins. If nothing else its going to be an interesting ride.
Alpe_DHuez
Alpe_DHuez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 am

GodzoneVilla wrote:Brummie/kiwi now mate - I'm always up for talk in the middle of the night UK time. its 2:20pm here.

Hopefully the takeover is moving PDC , from your source or is it the Red Wine talking :)

Not the most exciting signing (if it happens) - but hell I'd take bentner over what we have currently available. Kozak maybe - but Weimann and Gabby aren't worth the shirt on their back going from last seasons form.

Hopefully things are moving. While obviously not ideal right about now I'd be happy with Lerner just gone and no more strengthening until January. Clearly unimpressed with last year's effort, but if we can avoid injuries for a few months, I think the squad is much more capable of achieving respectability (especially if Cole can provide creativity and positive influence and stay uninjured. Also if Kean can motivate the squad and give Lambert a quick ABC on tactics, it would be a big help)

Respectable will do me until January comes - then I want mega millions spent! lol!
Hello matey. No, not red wine talking. If you go back to page 24-25 you will see what i posted with regards to this current situation. Very interesting goings on today pal. Take a look and see what you think about it. Lot of good posts on here tonight. I must go to sleep now, back at work at my bar at half ten AM, so i will leave you to peruse for a while.
Great to hear from you. Hows life in New Zealand ? Never been there but i know from people who have that it is a beautiful country and the surrounding islands also. Lucky sod ya. Take care and all the best. PM me if you want some info on things later. I will be on the forum from 12 midday gmt. Beer Scarf Waving 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:42 am

Alpe_DHuez wrote:This place has turned into VT - someone take away Harrys keyboard please

I for one think we will do better this coming season than last and I don't expect us to be sold before the season begins. If nothing else its going to be an interesting ride.
Harry is ok. He just listens to The Smiths, constantly, on IT7 Headphones. lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:49 am

So has HH had anything to say on the departure of Faulkner in relation to the takeover ? - ( I appreciate if it's to do with the takeover he is involved in possibly then we wont be able to hear from him, NDA and all that ). So Howard if this is nothing to do with your preliminary takeover talks - what's your take on PF going?

Mods/FF's if HH can't talk then just pm me or something so I stop asking questions he can't answer!
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:29 am

GodzoneVilla wrote:So has HH had anything to say on the departure of Faulkner in relation to the takeover ? - ( I appreciate if it's to do with the takeover he is involved in possibly then we wont be able to hear from him, NDA and all that ). So Howard if this is nothing to do with your preliminary takeover talks - what's your take on PF going?

Mods/FF's if HH can't talk then just pm me or something so I stop asking questions he can't answer!

HH has posted on twitter, to the effect of Faulkner going not having anything to do with takeover, but something planned for a while. Also that Faulkner had fell out with Lerner and wanted out.

This kinda contradicts lerners statement however, and the fact they were talking about a role elsewhere in lerners business, aswell as a non-operational role at villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:09 am

The club will be putting positive spin on everything - they're hardly likely to say "CEO Paul Faulkner has had a huge row with Randy and stormed out of the club, the ginger twat".

The role elsewhere in Lerner's empire, I think, would have been part of what was discussed in NY but between then and now, the wheels have fallen off.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:59 am

Trotters wrote:The club will be putting positive spin on everything - they're hardly likely to say "CEO Paul Faulkner has had a huge row with Randy and stormed out of the club, the ginger twat".

The role elsewhere in Lerner's empire, I think, would have been part of what was discussed in NY but between then and now, the wheels have fallen off.

Or some supporters put a negative spin on everything?
Most people wanted Faulkner out so I see it 2 ways. If there is a takeover in the pipeline it's a positive step clearing the decks of unwanted staff and without highlighting the takeover looking for some one to do the job.
2nd that there isn't anything happening and Lerner wants a someone new in. Faulkner has increasingly added more responsibilities to his role. The FA council and then covering for the sick FA member. Now it's all good him swanning around with the FA when things are good but they're obviously not! It may be as you say they've had a falling out but I tend to believe the club compared to others as every statement released hasn't had an ulterior motive yet no matter how hard us fans have tried to find one.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:09 am

Alpe_DHuez wrote:This place has turned into VT - someone take away Harrys keyboard please

Go to profile and there is a foes button mate - it blocks posts from users you wish to avoid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:32 am

DN1982 wrote:
Trotters wrote:The club will be putting positive spin on everything - they're hardly likely to say "CEO Paul Faulkner has had a huge row with Randy and stormed out of the club, the ginger twat".

Or some supporters put a negative spin on everything?
Most people wanted Faulkner out so I see it 2 ways.  If there is a takeover in the pipeline it's a positive step clearing the decks of unwanted staff and without highlighting the takeover looking for some one to do the job.
2nd that there isn't anything happening and Lerner wants a someone new in. Faulkner has increasingly added more responsibilities to his role. The  FA council and then covering for the sick FA member. Now it's all good him swanning around with the FA when things are good but they're obviously not! It may be as you say they've had a falling out but I tend to believe the club compared to others as every statement released hasn't had an ulterior motive yet no matter how hard us fans have tried to find one.

So you believed the club's prior statement the Lerner was categorically NOT looking to sell the club?
You believe a club that has gone to great efforts to control the message that is going out on forums like this?
You think there's no more to read in that statement about Faulkner other than what's there?

Oh-kay then...
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:41 am

Don't know about you chaps but I am warming to the current set-up if we have to start the season without new owners. At least we have the owner's attention now as the penny finally seems to have dropped for him that he stands to lose a lot of money if he remains dormant. Villa lately have tended to win when they're supposed to lose and vice-versa - could be this is a successful season when we expect it not to be.
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:49 am

jvilla wrote:Don't know about you chaps but I am warming to the current set-up if we have to start the season without new owners. At least we have the owner's attention now as the penny finally seems to have dropped for him that he stands to lose a lot of money if he remains dormant. Villa lately have tended to win when they're supposed to lose and vice-versa - could be this is a successful season when we expect it not to be.

Not for me mate - I think the end game is approaching and expect lerner to depart very soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:52 am

jvilla wrote:Don't know about you chaps but I am warming to the current set-up if we have to start the season without new owners. At least we have the owner's attention now as the penny finally seems to have dropped for him that he stands to lose a lot of money if he remains dormant. Villa lately have tended to win when they're supposed to lose and vice-versa - could be this is a successful season when we expect it not to be.

I'm not that bothered about the squad, I think it's already improved on last year. But I worry about the atmosphere and the fans. 1/2 bad results early on and they'll be straight on Lambert's back and it'll become poisonous at Villa Park. That could sink us.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:53 am

Def don't think it's going to be a successful season but it can't be any worse than what we've had to put up with as of late. Hopefully PDC's late night musings have some legs and there is something in the offing, until then just have to wait and see.
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 am

Would anyone hazard a guess if this wages and transfer fees from same pot means wages for the whole contract or wages just for the first year?
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 am

Eastie wrote:

Not for me mate - I think the end game is approaching and expect lerner to depart very soon.

Eastie is that based on something you have heard or just a gut feeling ?? .....
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next