The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

+90
Chicken
Steveallen79
Mykey38
Sky
George
Deano69
MadVillan
EbeneezerGoode
USVillan
mefromhere
expatvilla
upthevilla76
Villa jimmy
AVit
Sceptical Villan
VillaSteve
Kaz
Thinman
GodzoneVilla
MinnyVilla
Jim
tbarrules
LVBrit
mini_ beest
johnny noodles
thetrees
Mikethevillan
Villa Youth
Misterp
COE1982
pcfbavfcoman
andrew24561
larvin86
villabromsgrove
jvilla
boomtown_flats
Alpe_DHuez
Leafs1201
Villafran
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Longboy
mr woo
CTVillan
Villarocks666
Andyh
H+V
Monkeywrench
Jae1411
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
villashrew
Texas_Mike
gwentvillan
Mooseman
Kakacroom
lukevilla
Keyser Soze
heystally!
BournVilla
HarryAVFC
Morgan Villa
South London Villan
AVFClee
Dek of Villa
DN1982
Poseidon
cgale
Saunders
Synopsis
whiteensign
Denis_B
UnclePanda
Green Villan
gdav
chrisw1
SCATTERBAD
Trotters
thinlizzy
omariqy
banneruk
God_wore_number5
holtehero
RoyRace
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Southern Villan
My Old Man
GadgetMan
Jimmycarr
Zidane
94 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by HarryAVFC Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:00 am

Hopefully Courtese is on his way
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by chrisw1 Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:01 am

Eastie wrote:@patmurphybbc: So Paul Faulkner's reward for holding @AVFCOfficial together recently & covering Lerner's continued absence is 2 b sidelined.Harsh.Why now?

Why now? That kind of sums it up for me.
chrisw1

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:01 am

The fact that the statement says Faulker and RL were trying to find away to migrate him across to a new role in one of RL's other business concerns tells me their relationship is fine, I think this is clearing house for a new leadership structure.

12 months before Chelsea were to be bought by Abramovich, Bates brought in a new CEO - a troubleshooting guy with experience addressing serious debt. He came in, sorted the debt, and made the club a viable option for RA to buyout, who then replaced him with Kenyon. We don't have the debt they did so I don't imagine this to be the same situation, but definitely similar in my eyes as it's changing the structure at the top with a view to a takeover
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:03 am

Villa_Dan wrote:The fact that the statement says Faulker and RL were trying to find away to migrate him across to a new role in one of RL's other business concerns tells me their relationship is fine, I think this is clearing house for a new leadership structure.

12 months before Chelsea were to be bought by Abramovich, Bates brought in a new CEO - a troubleshooting guy with experience addressing serious debt. He came in, sorted the debt, and made the club a viable option for RA to buyout, who then replaced him with Kenyon. We don't have the debt they did so I don't imagine this to be the same situation, but definitely similar in my eyes as it's changing the structure at the top with a view to a takeover

Certainly a change in structure as isn't Russell a member of the Board ?
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:06 am

If we knew whether the decision was made by Randy or Paul then ….

Randy …. clearing decks …. sale imminent.

Paul …. I've had enough of this …. I'm off before my reputation becomes even more damaged.

Which is it?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:08 am

Is Russell keeping the seat warm for Cortese?  Very Happy 
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:14 am

Imagine if Cortese came in, that single appointment would mean the world to AVFC's future...
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:17 am

Can we expect a return of dinks and frank Leigh- they seem to thrive when we have news developing Sad

Last edited by Eastie on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 am

Wasn't it Frank who suggested that we might be getting a European CEO ?
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:23 am

cgale wrote:Wasn't it Frank who suggested that we might be getting a European CEO ?

Not sure, I remember he said Saudis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:36 am

This is the single best bit of news for Aston Villa in many, many years.

Paul Faulkner is a great guy, lovely bloke, excellent financially....but as a CEO, I'm sorry...he was a buffoon!

Interested line in the official statement:
"Having discussed his re-engaging with the Chairman's broader business while remaining involved with Villa in a non-operational role, agreement could not be reached".

Basically, Lerner wants Faulkner to continue working for him, and Faulkner wants to remain at Villa in a non-pressurised role (finance would be excellent) as he is now involved with the FA etc....but has been told no.
The question is, considering the relationship Lerner has had with Faulkner down the years, perhaps this decision was not taken by Lerner. So who made the decision?

The club can only move forward now, having no CEO in the short term is the same as having Faulkner there anyway....a top drawer CEO has to come in now.

It has to be Cortese for me....

We can all only hope that the next 'head to role' is Doogan's!!!

Last edited by Mardybum72 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 am

Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:Wasn't it Frank who suggested that we might be getting a European CEO ?

He said Saudi ownership...with a European CEO!

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:55 am

Eastie wrote:@patmurphybbc: So Paul Faulkner's reward for holding @AVFCOfficial together recently & covering Lerner's continued absence is 2 b sidelined.Harsh.Why now?

Pat Murphy is a clueless hack, I thought Faulkner had been away on FA duty at the world cup not holding Aston Villa together !!!!!
Faulkner leaving is great news for me, I feel a sale is imminent .....happy days
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:57 am

andrew24561 wrote:

Pat Murphy is a clueless  hack, I thought Faulkner had been away on FA duty at the world cup not holding Aston Villa together !!!!!
Faulkner leaving is great news for me, I feel a sale is imminent .....happy days

I get the feeling we are on our way at long last - indeed its a good feeling after weeks of despair.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:09 pm

If yesterdays statement hadn't been released, I'd be feeling a lot more positive about PF's resignation. This is starting to look like yet another cock up. I really hope I'm wrong.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
Eastie wrote:

just had another thought as to a possible reason why it was also suggested that nothing would happen untill after the World Cup ---- Ramadan
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Villarocks666 Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:14 pm

cgale wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
Eastie wrote:

just had another thought as to a possible reason why it was also suggested that nothing would happen untill after the World Cup ---- Ramadan

Frank did say mid to end of World Cup. Would be nice to hear from him again, just to keep the rumours going
Villarocks666
Villarocks666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Villarocks666 wrote:
cgale wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Frank did say mid to end of World Cup. Would be nice to hear from him again, just to keep the rumours going

If Ramadan is a reason (sounds plausible), then this ends 27 July.
Not sure why Faulkner would have to go now though if that was the case?

Is Ellison still in the country (I have a little bit of Ellison straw left to clutch). lol

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Guys have been working in the Middle East for the last 8 years, 2 in Kuwait now 6 years in Oman and believe me business still goes on during Ramadan, that would not stop an Arab takeover, the working hours for those fasting are shorter, but apart from that business as usual.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Whilst I agree that Pat Murphy is less than reliable due to his anti-Lerner agenda, he did make a good point when suggesting that of the two Pauls, most people probably would have expected Lambert to be pushed first given how awful the last two seasons have been.
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:41 pm

pcfbavfcoman wrote:Guys have been working in the Middle East for the last 8 years, 2 in Kuwait now 6 years in Oman and believe me business still goes on during Ramadan, that would not stop an Arab takeover, the working hours for those fasting are shorter, but apart from that business as usual.

It was just a thought .And having worked with those of that faith have noticed how much more urgent work that would normally get done in the hours of daylight gets done @ night
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:45 pm

In that case they are 2 hours ahead of UK summer time, so again not a factor, that is Saudi some places Oman, Dubai are 3 hours ahead.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:55 pm

If believers are travelling then they can break their fast - The Trees BHX and Saudi jets :)
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Havent been on for a few days so a bit behind the chat on here. I'm going on record and saying after the events of the last two days that we will be sold in the next few weeks, definitely before the transfer window closes.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:08 pm

TheEgo wrote:Havent been on for a few days so a bit behind the chat on here. I'm going on record and saying after the events of the last two days that we will be sold in the next few weeks, definitely before the transfer window closes.

Looking that way to me too mate. Can't see any other reasons for either of this weeks statements.

Lambert knew the end of the world cup was significant....could it be revealed as early as next Monday?

nice dream!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next