The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

+90
Chicken
Steveallen79
Mykey38
Sky
George
Deano69
MadVillan
EbeneezerGoode
USVillan
mefromhere
expatvilla
upthevilla76
Villa jimmy
AVit
Sceptical Villan
VillaSteve
Kaz
Thinman
GodzoneVilla
MinnyVilla
Jim
tbarrules
LVBrit
mini_ beest
johnny noodles
thetrees
Mikethevillan
Villa Youth
Misterp
COE1982
pcfbavfcoman
andrew24561
larvin86
villabromsgrove
jvilla
boomtown_flats
Alpe_DHuez
Leafs1201
Villafran
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Longboy
mr woo
CTVillan
Villarocks666
Andyh
H+V
Monkeywrench
Jae1411
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
villashrew
Texas_Mike
gwentvillan
Mooseman
Kakacroom
lukevilla
Keyser Soze
heystally!
BournVilla
HarryAVFC
Morgan Villa
South London Villan
AVFClee
Dek of Villa
DN1982
Poseidon
cgale
Saunders
Synopsis
whiteensign
Denis_B
UnclePanda
Green Villan
gdav
chrisw1
SCATTERBAD
Trotters
thinlizzy
omariqy
banneruk
God_wore_number5
holtehero
RoyRace
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Southern Villan
My Old Man
GadgetMan
Jimmycarr
Zidane
94 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 22 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:12 am

Relax everyone...the great Nursey has spoken!

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 22 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:14 am

Withes Sweatbands wrote:
Eastie wrote:
jvilla wrote:Don't know about you chaps but I am warming to the current set-up if we have to start the season without new owners. At least we have the owner's attention now as the penny finally seems to have dropped for him that he stands to lose a lot of money if he remains dormant. Villa lately have tended to win when they're supposed to lose and vice-versa - could be this is a successful season when we expect it not to be.

Not for me mate - I think the end game is approaching and expect lerner to depart very soon.

Eastie is that based on something you have heard or just a gut feeling ?? .....

A mixture of both but I wouldn't like to say a lot more than that as there have been so many false dawns - I've heard things before and thought we were in business only to find it not to be , maybe this time it will be true - I have no idea who the potential new owners may be though , although talks may be at a very advanced stage .

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am

jvilla wrote:Don't know about you chaps but I am warming to the current set-up if we have to start the season without new owners. At least we have the owner's attention now as the penny finally seems to have dropped for him that he stands to lose a lot of money if he remains dormant. Villa lately have tended to win when they're supposed to lose and vice-versa - could be this is a successful season when we expect it not to be.

Not if he pockets the TV cash and parachute payments.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:21 am

Has the mighty Bentner signed yet?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:22 am

Mardybum72 wrote:Relax everyone...the great Nursey has spoken!

What dross is he spouting now?

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 am

Go on...let's have a laugh. What's Lambert's press officer come out with now
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:25 am

My Old Man wrote:

Go on...let's have a laugh. What's Lambert's press officer come out with now
 lol! 
holtehero

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:27 am

This?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-effectively-rudderless-chief-3830135

EDIT: sorry didn't mean to post, when Eastie had posted the whole article

What a load of typical tosh, just rehashing what has been written elsewhere and previously

Last edited by holtehero on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
holtehero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:27 am

James nursey mirror wrote:

Aston Villa's crisis has deepened with their chief executive Paul Faulkner dramatically leaving the club – stunning manager Paul Lambert.

Faulkner is on the FA Board and had been working for owner Randy Lerner since before his buy-out of the club in 2006, but departed when asked to work on other aspects of the billionaire’s business portfolio.

Lerner is desperate to sell the Villans and flew into the UK this week for crunch talks, but has no firm offer despite publicly putting the club up for sale at the end of last season.

The American wants out after ploughing in over £300million in a failed pursuit of Champions League qualification.

It has forced Lambert to rely on cheap Bosman signings this summer such as Joe Cole after US-based Lerner shut his cheque-book.

Now the club is effectively rudderless at the top after Lerner’s loyal long-serving ally and man on the ground walked away.

Faulkner, a Cambridge graduate, cleared his desk at Villa Park on Tuesday and left with immediate effect.

The shock development startled Lambert, who has big headaches anyway trying to make Villa competitive despite his limited spending power.

The club’s takeover limbo means they haven’t tied down Ron Vlaar, Fabian Delph and Gabby Agbonlahor, who all have only 12 months left on their contracts.

Holland international centre-back Vlaar, in particular, is sure to have suitors after impressing at the World Cup.

Hanging onto Vlaar is just one of several huge challenges facing Lerner, Lambert, new assistant manager Roy Keane and Robin Russell, previously Villa's chief financial officer who is now the acting chief exec.

The Midlands side's first pre-season game is next Thursday at Mansfield before a US tour ahead of their opening Premier League game at Stoke on August 16.

Keane is trying to get to know the squad after predecessors Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa were axed from the coaching staff as Villa flirted with relegation again last term.

Karsa was sacked following an investigation into bullying following his behaviour towards various club staff including grounds staff and physios.

Pete Norton
Room at the top: Villa chief exec Faulkner left abruptly on Tuesday

It was a nightmare for Lambert, who had worked with the pair at Wycombe, Colchester and Norwich.

Now the Scot has more headaches following the exit of Faulkner, who negotiated player contracts among his many responsibilities.

Off the pitch under 36-year-old Faulkner, Villa have an impressive marketing and commercial set-up.

But it is their woes on the pitch which has lead a weary Lerner to hire Bank of America Merrill Lynch to find a buyer.

Last term, Villa limped to a 15th place for the second successive season, after coming 16th in 2011-12 under unpopular Alex McLeish, who defected across the second city from arch-rivals Birmingham.

Midfielder Marc Albrighton, who quit Villa this summer on a Bosman for newly-promoted Leicester, feels the turnover of bosses has not helped.

He said: “Since I broke through at Aston Villa, I have had five or six different managers.”

Villa’s takeover limbo saw them surprisingly release their talented former England U21 international winger Albrighton, who added: “Nobody said a word to me about contracts. I felt I did well towards the end of the season and gave a good account of myself. I got a couple of man of the match awards and then got put on the bench.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:38 am

Eastie wrote:
James nursey mirror wrote:

Aston Villa's crisis has deepened with their chief executive Paul Faulkner dramatically leaving the club – stunning manager Paul Lambert.

Faulkner is on the FA Board and had been working for owner Randy Lerner since before his buy-out of the club in 2006, but departed when asked to work on other aspects of the billionaire’s business portfolio.

Lerner is desperate to sell the Villans and flew into the UK this week for crunch talks, but has no firm offer despite publicly putting the club up for sale at the end of last season.

The American wants out after ploughing in over £300million in a failed pursuit of Champions League qualification.

It has forced Lambert to rely on cheap Bosman signings this summer such as Joe Cole after US-based Lerner shut his cheque-book.

Now the club is effectively rudderless at the top after Lerner’s loyal long-serving ally and man on the ground walked away.

Faulkner, a Cambridge graduate, cleared his desk at Villa Park on Tuesday and left with immediate effect.

The shock development startled Lambert, who has big headaches anyway trying to make Villa competitive despite his limited spending power.

The club’s takeover limbo means they haven’t tied down Ron Vlaar, Fabian Delph and Gabby Agbonlahor, who all have only 12 months left on their contracts.

Holland international centre-back Vlaar, in particular, is sure to have suitors after impressing at the World Cup.

Hanging onto Vlaar is just one of several huge challenges facing Lerner, Lambert, new assistant manager Roy Keane and Robin Russell, previously Villa's chief financial officer who is now the acting chief exec.

The Midlands side's first pre-season game is next Thursday at Mansfield before a US tour ahead of their opening Premier League game at Stoke on August 16.

Keane is trying to get to know the squad after predecessors Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa were axed from the coaching staff as Villa flirted with relegation again last term.

Karsa was sacked following an investigation into bullying following his behaviour towards various club staff including grounds staff and physios.

Pete Norton
Room at the top: Villa chief exec Faulkner left abruptly on Tuesday

It was a nightmare for Lambert, who had worked with the pair at Wycombe, Colchester and Norwich.

Now the Scot has more headaches following the exit of Faulkner, who negotiated player contracts among his many responsibilities.

Off the pitch under 36-year-old Faulkner, Villa have an impressive marketing and commercial set-up.

But it is their woes on the pitch which has lead a weary Lerner to hire Bank of America Merrill Lynch to find a buyer.

Last term, Villa limped to a 15th place for the second successive season, after coming 16th in 2011-12 under unpopular Alex McLeish, who defected across the second city from arch-rivals Birmingham.

Midfielder Marc Albrighton, who quit Villa this summer on a Bosman for newly-promoted Leicester, feels the turnover of bosses has not helped.

He said: “Since I broke through at Aston Villa, I have had five or six different managers.”

Villa’s takeover limbo saw them surprisingly release their talented former England U21 international winger Albrighton, who added: “Nobody said a word to me about contracts. I felt I did well towards the end of the season and gave a good account of myself. I got a couple of man of the match awards and then got put on the bench.”

What a complete Bell end he really is ........
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:48 am

PDC Lion wrote:
Southern Villan wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:Some solid information for everybody, solid as granite.
Randy Lerner has been at both VP and BMH in meetings with what was described as "V.I.P Guests of Aston Villa Football Club" all day long today.
Meetings expected to be on going for some time.
Don't know what to make of this but it is a shread of info about something happening. Very Happy 
Make of it what you will but i see this as a very interesting bit of info.

Thank you for sharing mate.

Just to help with context for us, is this one of the sources that was helping put together the Davis takeover news? Or, in another way, can you help us with what they have right before?

Or just tell me to get lost, which would be fair enough - your source is valuable and we all want him or her to stay that way.
A similar source pal.

Thank you mate. Most of what you passed on has already been backed up (Lerner over yesterday etc). Let's hope the VIP part has legs too!
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:59 am

I think Lambert will walk out pretty soon...

In one way, its nice that the whole thing is now coming down around Learners ears, unfortunately for us, we are royally fucked. I think we should brace ourselves for an exodus...
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:03 am

My Old Man wrote:I think Lambert will walk out pretty soon...

In one way, its nice that the whole thing is now coming down around Learners ears, unfortunately for us, we are royally fucked. I think we should brace ourselves for an exodus...

I hope he does walk out - I would be delighted to see the back of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:04 am

Regardless of your opinions on Faulkner and Lambert, if we lost them both at this point, without a takeover on the horizon, Villa would be shafted.

Think I might turn to drink Drunk
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:07 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Regardless of your opinions on Faulkner and Lambert, if we lost them both at this point, without a takeover on the horizon, Villa would be shafted.

I'd have more faith in Keane than lambert in charge., I think a takeover is closer than many too.

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 am

I have a feeling, just a feeling that Lambert is charmed when it comes to employment - I can see a situation where the season doesn't go too bad and him being given yet another season by new owners looking to be no more ambitious than sunderland.

SH*T! I've depressed myself. PMA, PMA! in the words of the great Akibusi, positive mental attitude will see us through!
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:18 am

Would Randy have made a statement saying it's time to focus on the season if it was close ?

HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:23 am

Eastie wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Regardless of your opinions on Faulkner and Lambert, if we lost them both at this point, without a takeover on the horizon, Villa would be shafted.

I'd have more faith in Keane than lambert in charge., I think a takeover is closer than many too.

Keane took this job as he could job share with his ROI role, can't see him taking on the full managers position on the same basis. We'd be left without a permanent CEO and without a manager, with a huge cloud over the club etc. Who would we get? We'd be fucked.

I also think there might be movement behind the scenes and Lerner is playing coy, but it's not certain, and if not we would be royally fucked.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by larvin86 Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:24 am

Green Villan wrote:
cgale wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
God_wore_number5 wrote:Fair do's just saying

A loss is a loss and it will be the other end of the scale compared to MON but every loss builds up.
of course it does but nothing ventured nothing gained & sometimes it's worth taking a punt on low value players

I can't disagree but Lamberts judgement on young and up and coming talent has been less than adequate if you ask me.

Westwood
Vlarr
Benteke
Lowton
Bacuna

All would return a very tidy profit??
larvin86

Back to top Go down

Post by larvin86 Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:30 am

My Old Man wrote:TV deal is worth 70m. So if he is struggling to sell for 200m, then he can hang on 12 months, keep spending to the minimum and sell for less whilst using the TV revenue as the balance.

If we go down, then he still has the TV cash but also the parachute payments, so he could proberly afford to sell us cheap, and still come out ok financially.  

We will know more come the closure of the transfer window, because more of the same will point to the above,imo.

People need to remember that the TV money goes to Aston Villa Football club.... Randy can NOT legally just pocket the funds, unless he wishes to face embezzlment charges!! This talk of him sticking around for the TV revenue will only be true if we stay up as will put the club in the black and he can up his asking price!!
larvin86

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:44 am

larvin86 wrote:
My Old Man wrote:TV deal is worth 70m. So if he is struggling to sell for 200m, then he can hang on 12 months, keep spending to the minimum and sell for less whilst using the TV revenue as the balance.

If we go down, then he still has the TV cash but also the parachute payments, so he could proberly afford to sell us cheap, and still come out ok financially.  

We will know more come the closure of the transfer window, because more of the same will point to the above,imo.

People need to remember that the TV money goes to Aston Villa Football club.... Randy can NOT legally just pocket the funds, unless he wishes to face embezzlment charges!! This talk of him sticking around for the TV revenue will only be true if we stay up as will put the club in the black and he can up his asking price!!

But Lerner owns AVFC, has sole control of the club, so any money coming in can go straight to him as part of the debt the club owes him, surely?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:47 am

Didn't Lerner write off most of the debt as equity?
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:48 am

Keane will not hang around if Lambert goes. Can you really see him putting up with all the shit going behind the scenes?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 am

jvilla wrote:Didn't Lerner write off most of the debt as equity?

I understand that's what he has done !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:51 am

AVFC could just pay the TV money to Reform Acquisitions as a dividend
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next