The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Dean Smith Aston Villa manager

+20
holtehero
STO67
avfc85
Army villain
FoxyAV
danclare82
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
WendyOz
Terry Derry
Wriggle
VillaBill
Fpuppys
achilles
De Kuip
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
UnclePanda
Saunders82
deadbuzzardalive
24 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Dean Smith Aston Villa manager - Page 6 Empty Re: Dean Smith Aston Villa manager

Post by Army villain Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:20 pm

What has let us down is senior players not stepping up, El Ghazi Kodija Adamoh, Tammy was trying to get them motivated yesterday.But our defence was much better , just hope we do not run out of time and just hope Jack gets back as quickly as possible.
Army villain
Army villain

Dean Smith Aston Villa manager - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Dean Smith Aston Villa manager - Page 6 Empty Re: Dean Smith Aston Villa manager

Post by deadbuzz Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Since Grealish's injury, we've got eleven points and scored twelve goals in nine league games, or ten if you count the FA cup defeat to Swansea. Of those twelve goals Abraham has scored eight of them, Hourihane two, and Chester and Kodjia scored one each. In the same period we got eleven points

In the nine games before Grealish was injured, which as it happens were also Smith's first nine games in charge, we got seventeen points and scored twenty-one goals, again Abraham scored eight of them, Chester, and El GHazi scored three, Grealish scored two, and Hourihane, Kodjia, Hutton, Whelan, and McGinn all scored One. It's also worth pointing out in this run of games we had much tougher fixtures than we've had after Grealish's injury.

Just goes to highlight how much we miss Grealish, but also how much our other attackers, besides Abraham, aren't contributing enough, we need more from our wingers, hopefully they'll improve once we have Grealish back pulling the strings, Carroll should help as well, as he's got the passing range to help bring them into the game... Green could be a big player for us, if he can live up to some of his early promise, need him to stay fit though, and take his chance when he gets it.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Dean Smith Aston Villa manager - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:08 pm

No reason now not to experiment with different formations/systems to find one that works. We could start with three at the back and two up top. Although the best kids are on loan, we can still blood a couple.
Best I can say is that we won't go down - I think!
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:59 pm

The more I see, the more I'm starting to think that Smith is yet another mistake by the club. No matter what you think of our players, they aren't two wins in fourteen bad, or one win in nine at Villa Park bad, utter disgraceful run of form, for which there should be no excuses.

There's no point doing anything now, but I think anyone who thinks our owners will stand for this if we haven't improved by the end of the season, will be in for a surprise, they haven't bought the club, to be an half hearted midtable championship team, as it stands Smith's not even close to deserving to be in charge of us next season.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:11 pm

deadbuzz wrote:The more I see, the more I'm starting to think that Smith is yet another mistake by the club. No matter what you think of our players, they aren't two wins in fourteen bad, or one win in nine at Villa Park bad, utter disgraceful run of form, for which there should be no excuses.

There's no point doing anything now, but I think anyone who thinks our owners will stand for this if we haven't improved by the end of the season, will be in for a surprise, they haven't bought the club, to be an half hearted midtable championship team, as it stands Smith's not even close to deserving to be in charge of us next season.
To be fair to him, if had been able to start with a clean sheet, he would never have recruited any of the overpaid timeservers in our squad. Smith is all about attitude.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Not having his own players might be an excuse if we were falling just short, but it shouldn't be an excuse for being as bad as we have been. Two wins in fourteen, one win in nine at Villa Park, that's just embarrasing.

I'd like to see him turn it around, and for him to be the manager for us that we though he was going to be after his first six or so games for us, but I'm losing hope fast.

One thing I do know, it would be a big mistake to stick with him no matter what, he has to prove that he's much better than what he's shown, between now and the end of the season.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:13 am

Sorry, Smith has had long enough and failed. He’s got to go.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:15 am

deadbuzz wrote:The more I see, the more I'm starting to think that Smith is yet another mistake by the club. No matter what you think of our players, they aren't two wins in fourteen bad, or one win in nine at Villa Park bad, utter disgraceful run of form, for which there should be no excuses.

Bang on! report
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:33 am

And change Smith for who?

Was it a coincidence that the all conquering England Rugby team get a motivational speech from JT and subsequently lose? Dean Smith Aston Villa manager - Page 6 50815218
DelboyVilla

Dean Smith Aston Villa manager - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:12 pm

I don't know whether Dean will be here next season or whether Tyrone Mings will be here either but, Dean could do himself and the club a favour by making him Captain. Mings is everything that James Chester (he's great by the way) is not. Wears his heart on his sleeve, vocal, inspiring and motivational. We need a leader on the pitch.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:50 pm

Decent shout Big Ming but would Smith give the armband to a loan player?
DelboyVilla

Dean Smith Aston Villa manager - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:19 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Decent shout Big Ming but would Smith give the armband to a loan player?
He's ours if we want him, unless we are asked to price match some ludicrous PL offer. He could be our skipper for the next ten years. I think he is good enough for the Premier on the basis of the few viewings so far.
I think we are seeing the makings of a good side with Hause also coming good in the last two games.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:57 pm

John Percy tweeting that he's basically got the Chelsea game to turn things around. Have to say despite our bad form of late I'm quite surprised by that, not the ideal time to be bringing in a new manager.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6