The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Dean Smith Aston Villa manager

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Dean Smith Aston Villa manager

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Would be ironic if we recalled McCormack and he fired us to promotion, I know he said he hadn't given up hope getting back in our team before he went back to Australia. Probably unlikely, but a few of our fringe players will see this as an opportunity to get back in the team, and a few first teamers might be looking over their shoulders.

Hopefully it might give our youth players a boost as well, can definitely see O'Hare getting more of a chance.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:36 pm

We must be making Brentford incredibly rich, what with transfer fees and compo.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Edit: It's changed again...who's who

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:42 pm

@big ming wrote:We must be making Brentford incredibly rich, what with transfer fees and compo.

Yes and no the fortune Potato Head paid for Hogan will hopefully now be put to better use by the 300k we paid for Dean?

I think HDE felt his work was done as he has now found some great new owners and a new manager, he then departed this mortal coil, contented?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:52 pm

@big ming wrote:
@achilles wrote:
@Terry Derry wrote:I am hoping the next news will be the sacking of MacDonald. Wait for the Oracle to confirm it.

That would be the icing on the cake! Dancing Banana
A bit hard. I can understand if the new regime wants a clean sweep, but the U23's have been playing some lovely stuff. All the good things that the first team failed at (press, pass and move).
If you want a reference, our 8-0 hammering of Bristol City last Friday is on Youtube.
I hope the new guys will regularly dip into the U21's for people like O'Hare and Bedau to name just two. These guys can play.

Delaney coaches the U23's, NOT KMac!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Would be ironic if we recalled McCormack and he fired us to promotion, I know he said he hadn't given up hope getting back in our team before he went back to Australia. Probably unlikely, but a few of our fringe players will see this as an opportunity to get back in the team, and a few first teamers might be looking over their shoulders.

Hopefully it might give our youth players a boost as well, can definitely see O'Hare getting more of a chance.

I doubt I think every manager bar RDM knew that Mccormack had off field issues.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:54 pm

@achilles wrote:
@big ming wrote:
@achilles wrote:
@Terry Derry wrote:I am hoping the next news will be the sacking of MacDonald. Wait for the Oracle to confirm it.

That would be the icing on the cake! Dancing Banana
A bit hard. I can understand if the new regime wants a clean sweep, but the U23's have been playing some lovely stuff. All the good things that the first team failed at (press, pass and move).
If you want a reference, our 8-0 hammering of Bristol City last Friday is on Youtube.
I hope the new guys will regularly dip into the U21's for people like O'Hare and Bedau to name just two. These guys can play.

Delaney coaches the U23's, NOT KMac!

What does Kmac do other than appear as caretaker manager when the latest one is sacked, put out the same team and then shrug when we lose (again)?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Of the fringe players, Hogan is probably the obvious one who might benefit. I think Bree might also get more of a chance under Smith as well, as he'll prefer his full-backs to have better distribution than we see from Elmohamady and Hutton.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Smith has to work with what we currently have, it will be interesting to see who, if anyone, is revived by Smiths appointment. Tshibola for instance, sidelined forever under Bruce but apparently doing very decently as the athletic anchor in midfield up in Scotland. A rated young player when we bought him who I thought showed promise in the small glimpses we’ve had. Henri Lansbury is another who must be delighted to see the back of Bruce. Hopefully this is the adrenaline shot the players and the club needs.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:04 pm

@Dazzle wrote:Smith has to work with what we currently have, it will be interesting to see who, if anyone, is revived by Smiths appointment. Tshibola for instance, sidelined forever under Bruce but apparently doing very decently as the athletic anchor in midfield up in Scotland. A rated young player when we bought him who I thought showed promise in the small glimpses we’ve had. Henri Lansbury is another who must be delighted to see the back of Bruce. Hopefully this is the adrenaline shot the players and the club needs.

I agree about Tshibola but I fear Lansbury is always going to be overlooked when we have Hourihane, Bjarnason and McGinn in the middle. Still, hopefully they'll all get a chance, especially Hogan.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Did anyone really see anything in Tish, I know I didn’t?
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:54 pm

@VillaBill wrote:Did anyone really see anything in Tish, I know I didn’t?

I tend to agree with you, I don't think he has any future at the club especially with all the midfield players currently at the club.
I would rather O'Hare or Doyle-Hayes got a chance before Tish.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 pm

I liked the look of him, he definitely had promise. Thing is, we never found out.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:53 am

Looks like the training and the fitness has been left by the wayside, fitness can be sorted out by circuit training, think we have the right manager and number 2 , plus staff to get the training up to speed, only problem is we have two many players in the wrong position, a lot of midfielders, strikers, and I do hope JT can sort out the defence,at least up to January, and have we anybody that can get the goalkeeper playing better? I am looking froward to see what our new management team can do, onwards and upwards, and the first game at villa park will be a sell out. UTV.
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:52 am

@Army villain wrote:Looks like the training and the fitness has been left by the wayside, fitness can be sorted out by circuit training, think we have the right manager and number 2 , plus staff to get the training up to speed, only problem is we have two many players in the wrong position, a lot of midfielders, strikers, and I do hope JT can sort out the defence,at least up to January, and have we anybody that can get the goalkeeper playing better? I am looking froward to see what our new management team can do, onwards and upwards, and the first game at villa park will be a sell out. UTV.
They have yet to replace the fitness coach although I am sure they will. Bring back Roger Spry! Ron Saunders had the fittest Villa team I ever saw. He used to have them running up and down the mounds of sand at the quarry next to BH.
Extreme fitness is required to play the Klopp-style pressing game.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:30 pm

I am just relieved we now have a chance of a Manager implementing a brand of football that is worth watching, I know our fans will get behind him now and we can enjoy the rest of the season UTV.
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:54 am

Interesting debate by Sky:

achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:26 pm

@avfc85 wrote:I am just relieved we now have a chance of a Manager implementing a brand of football that is worth watching, I know our fans will get behind him now and we can enjoy the rest of the season UTV.

Well on that very note I've just bought my tickets for saturday (first time this season as I was sick of driving from Devon to watch bruceball) and there was just a few hundred left in the upper trinity - rest of ground sold out.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:43 pm

@De Kuip wrote:
@avfc85 wrote:I am just relieved we now have a chance of a Manager implementing a brand of football that is worth watching, I know our fans will get behind him now and we can enjoy the rest of the season UTV.

Well on that very note I've just bought my tickets for saturday (first time this season as I was sick of driving from Devon to watch bruceball)  and there was just a few hundred left in the upper trinity - rest of ground sold out.

I need to get my sorry little arse up to VP ASAP.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:49 pm

@FoxyAV wrote:
@De Kuip wrote:

Well on that very note I've just bought my tickets for saturday (first time this season as I was sick of driving from Devon to watch bruceball)  and there was just a few hundred left in the upper trinity - rest of ground sold out.

I need to get my sorry little arse up to VP ASAP.

Do it!

Atmos is going to be immense on Saturday.

Swansea sold out as well!
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:46 pm

Can't wait, the whole place will be buzzing.
Don't know how the players are going to react, hopefully in a massive positive way.

This is the future, this is Aston Villa! Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanks for posting that, really articulate guy that Rosenior fellow. Really interesting debate and I agree with him about management in that, getting the best out of them as people leads to getting good spirit in the dressing room and on the pitch.
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Another interesting clip from Dean Smith's press conference for Brentford against Leeds.
I just love how he moans about sides that use delaying tactics and slow the game down etc.

achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:36 am

Some good positive remarks from the sky debate, and enjoyed the way Dean Smith talks about the football, and the club, good so far, think he will be a good manager for villa, some of our players will have to step up, and I hope the partnership between JT works well, Terry has his hands full with our defence, mainly the goal keeper, well up the villa full house on Saturday. UTV.
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Press conference from 4pm here:
https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/10/15/live-dean-smith-christian-purslow-press-conference

Nice to see things getting underway.  Would have liked more questions about on field plans and philosophy but these things are always missed in favour of vanilla questions aren't they?!

Some interesting responses from Purslow regarding FFP.

I.think. he. Puts. Full. Stops. Between. His. Words. Though.
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum