The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Dean Smith Aston Villa manager

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Dean Smith Aston Villa manager

Post by holtehero on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Didn't know if anyone had seen the interview with the new sporting director

As people pointed out on twitter he does look like Richard Madeley

holtehero

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:01 am

@FoxyAV wrote:I just saw these on 'Birmingham Live' and it occurred to me we never heard from Bruce about training, and Smith's saying stuff we've all been saying for ages.

“Jack probably saw me coming and thought 'Brentford are a total footballing team' yet all the work last week has been without the ball!”

“I like the fact he was looking at getting into the penalty box on Saturday which is something I think he can improve upon."

“He doesn’t have the goals and assists someone of his talent should and that is for me and the coaching staff to help him work on."

“They’ve showed me that they are certainly coachable and take things on board quite well.”

I'm willing to be that Deano doesn't once blame the players for not doing what he wanted them to do.

I agree as had Potato Head still been with us and we had won against Swansea the interview would have been all about whingeing fans, how he does know what he is doing and how his past record of getting teams promoted is second to none? Had we lost it would have been all the players faults?
It was refreshing to hear from a manager/coach who had actually witnessed and participated in a coaching session?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:48 am

A whole bunch of the best of the U23's now training with the first team squad inc O'Hare,Doyle-Hayes,Bedau and Blackett-Taylor.
This was one of the things I was wishing for from DS.
The U23's still managed a very creditable draw against the Tesco's despite missing at least 6 regulars and the Tesco's fielding half their first team squad.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:25 pm

We've got a new goalkeeping coach, Neil Cutler has been brought in from West Brom, he's previously worked with Smith at Walsall.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Hope that helps with our goal keepers? Fingers crossed.
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:10 am

It worries me that Nyland is considered the best of the bunch, the rest should hang their boots up then, if that is the case!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:37 am

What we need to remember is how poor Johnstone was when he first joined us in the January window? Goalkeepers need games and a settled back 4 in front of them? I also hope that this was the game when Chester returned to his best?

I am glad that Smith is playing round pegs in round holes and we just need to sort out the wingers and we are balanced?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Track suited,training ground Coach/Tactician. Just what the Doctor ordered.

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:09 am

Nyland's confidence improves with each game! Terrific today apparently! Two clean sheets in a row! Chester and Tuanzebe solid! McGinn and Grealish terrorizing defences and scoring!

All this side needed was proper coaching!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:09 am

We’re seeing the results of the managerial change quicker than we probably thought. The shackles are off. We have ourselves a calm, measured, yet emotionally attached coach who knows how to get what he wants on the football pitch. If only the change had been made that 4 or 5 games earlier. Never mind, I see plenty of games left in a division which, this season, no one team is running away with. We’ve luck to thank for that! It needs to be pointed out that the two teams we lost away to are two form teams of this league, Norwich went top and QPR won again. We could, and perhaps should, have at least got a point from each game if not all 3. Deano now has another couple of weeks to further integrate his ideas and methods onto the squad, albeit there’ll be a few internationals away with their countries. Things are looking up.
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 am

I think you have summed things up there Dazzle, its onwards and upwards now IMO
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:25 am

Good comments agree we are playing good football, well done to the coaching staff UTV
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:44 am

@Army villain wrote:Good comments agree we are playing good football, well done to the coaching staff UTV

Unfortunately none of the coaching staff have won four promotions? lol!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum