The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager Empty The next Villa Manager

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Well, the good Dr Xia is not going to wait long if performances do not massively improve. So who is your choice. Not doing a poll just yet until some candidates are available. So, do we pull the plug on Peanut head now or do we wait and see. Once again, answers on a post card or on here. UTV.
NARLA24
NARLA24

The next Villa Manager 5_star12

Back to top Go down

The next Villa Manager Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:52 pm

Bruce. 

Bertie Bassett is another chancer like Sherwood. When losing throw strikers on, when winning revert to a 4-6-0 formation
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The next Villa Manager 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:55 pm

I hope he gets a couple of seasons

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:01 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I hope he gets a couple of seasons
Depends if we want to go straight back up Joppe mate to be honest.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:04 pm

I was gonna start this thread tonight as I've done on other forums in the past and usually I'm been proven to be right. But tonight i'm still not sure. If we were losing it's a different matter but really we're doing the hard work of dominating and getting ahead but we're just unable to get across the finish line. The situation isn't irreversible. Roberto just needs a little luck to go his way that's all.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:08 pm

AstonThriller wrote:I was gonna start this thread tonight as I've done on other forums in the past and usually I'm been proven to be right. But tonight i'm still not sure. If we were losing it's a different matter but really we're doing the hard work of dominating and getting ahead but we're just unable to get across the finish line. The situation isn't irreversible. Roberto just needs a little luck to go his way that's all.
I trust your judgement fella but the winning ways have to come soon or there will be changes.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:12 pm

I agree AT, I think we just need to get a bit of momentum going and we'll be alright, we just need to take more chances earlier in the game so we get to the last 10 with at least a 2 goal buffer and then we can hopefully hold on and lose this panicking mentality we currently have.

I certainly wouldn't want Bruce in as a replacement if We did change manager.
Wriggle
Wriggle

The next Villa Manager 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Bruce straight away jumps out at me as the safe bet/option for promotion and to get us solid hard to beat BUT and it's a big but for me something is telling me we need to give RDM more time than 2 weeks into September? This is a new team literally so that should allow RDM more time as defence's and midfields need time to form a strong unit, but again that second half was worrying we was outplayed at times by Brentford and could have lost,

Bruce or a wild card that Jovanovic manager from Fulham who got Watford promoted and doing a job there even though they sold there best players?

But right now i will give RDM time and not call for his head but he better stop this second half collapse shit soon. The next Villa Manager 1327487109

BillytheKid
BillytheKid

The next Villa Manager 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:20 pm

I've not seen or heard the game but I'll bet anything that luck was not a factor. A good manager will largely negate it.

I say largely as you can't legislate for someone crossing a ball, have it wildly deflect off someone's arse and hit the back of the net.

But the kind of bad luck we're having isn't bad luck at all; it's bad management.

I hate Steve Bruce. And it's not because he looks like a potato that's been used as a punching bag. I just think he's a shit manager and he can't stand us anyway.

I've no idea what options are available but I think Xia has to be fair to RDM - even though he's clearly not learning - and give him a full ten games. So that means 6 points from Ipswich and Newcastle.

He won't get that. No way. But then his firing will be fully legit in my eyes. To be honest, it'd probably be legit now but I think we have to face the fact that promotion hopes are now gone so there's not a lot of sense in getting rid this week.

Start looking for a manager while RDM continues to wrap the noose around his neck then bring whoever it is in after the Newcastle game.

Secondary question in two parts:
1. If RDM goes, will his coaching staff go too?
2. Do we care???
Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:27 pm

Rowett. Has to be one of the first names on the poll surely? He's got blues performing without spending much and he's a Villa fan. He'd not be able to walk the streets at night, but give him enough to pay for a personal bodyguard and we might get him.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:40 pm

Trotters wrote:Rowett. Has to be one of the first names on the poll surely? He's got blues performing without spending much and he's a Villa fan. He'd not be able to walk the streets at night, but give him enough to pay for a personal bodyguard and we might get him.  

I have been vocal in my love and desire for Rowett but with a Blues takeover on the cards would he leave them before completing a massive achievement in keeping that shower up then getting itpromoted?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:42 pm

sha have had a few good results recently but up until the Wolves game they'd only won twice in seventeen games and once at home in eight, and quite a few of their fans wanted him out. I personally think he's overrated, their squad isn't actually that bad relative to most other clubs in the division, so I think this idea that he performs miracles there is overstated.

It will be interesting with Round saying that the club are going to have a philosophy and all future managerial appointments will be made with this in mind, to see who they go for.

Hopefully we can beat Ipswitch and Di Matteo can turn things around, but we've been saying hopefully we can do this and that all season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:52 pm

It's a tough one! On the one hand this throwing games away left, right and centre absolutely sucks! On the other some of the new signings haven't even played yet!

The injuries are a flipping nuisance too as it means we can't field the same team two games in a row so how are we supposed to get the team to gel exactly?!

I don't think RDM actually has a clue of his best 11 right now and even if he did plenty of them are or have been injured! It's a nightmare tbh!

Injuries thus far
Gollini
Baker
Cissokho
De Leat
Gestede
Adomah
Elphick
Jedinak
Guy from Reading (He's played that little i've forgotten his name already!!..Oh Tshibola that's the one!!

THAT'S 8 INJURIES ALREADY!!! I Mean WHAAAT! I know some of those were minor and meant a player going off early or something but they still disrupt the rhythm which is very unhelpful when trying to gel a new team from scratch pretty much!

Now we'll no doubt get suspensions kicking in to cause further disruption! The next Villa Manager 1558371468

The Utterer
The Utterer

The next Villa Manager 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:58 pm

And that injury list is a fair arguement.

BUT....it still boils down to us throwing games away from a winning position. In my opinion, throwing them away needlessly. We don't have the best bench in the league but there are players there who he could have used to shore things up in the middle of the park when we are winning.

He's doing the same thing week after week after week and he just doesn't get why. He can't blame that on injuries.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:06 am

I wouldn't exactly be thrilled at the prospect, but if he does go it would be hard to see past Bruce. In the summer I think we were looking for someone who had experience of promotion and extended into player recruitment as well.

I think it would either be him, or Round will go for a name from leftfield. A shame really has RDM and Clarke seemed to be a real coup in the summer, hopefully they can turn things around.

Will be interesting to see what Xia has to say in his next tweet.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:12 am

It is deffo midfield that's the weak link though for me. I mean

Westwood = Mr average with no "very good" bits in his armoury. Poor defensively and poor attacking wise  lol!

Gardner = Poor passer constantly giving the ball away as was the case for Forests opener at the weekend and very occasionally may score a goal (but yet to really see that bit)

Witnessing Midfield goals for Villa is like trying to spot the Yeti!!

The next Villa Manager Yeti10

Jedinak can do a job for sure though is maybe not 100% fit as yet? Hopefully it's that rather than his legs going!

Tshibola appears to actually be out hunting Yetis as he is rarely seen!

The youngsters are not being used at all!! What happened to Green et al?! Out Yeti spotting too maybe?!  The next Villa Manager 226846862
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:28 am

RDM must go. We can't keep giving him more games.

Terry Derry
Terry Derry

The next Villa Manager 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:35 am

If we'd played Barcelona tonight they'd have used three in the midfield (plus Messi coming from deep) so just why the actual fuck does RDM think that he can play with two?

That he's left that area of the pitch which SO much space for the opposition baffles me. And he's done it over and over.

I'd get if we had an injury crisis so stunningly bad that this was his ONLY option. But it's not. So we can only assume that it's is his phootballing philosophy.

Utterly baffling.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:16 am

I honestly think the defence have a lot to answer for as well. The bottom line is if they keep a damn clean sheet we win the games. But now game after game they are letting in sloppy goals. I honestly think the defence need a shake up now.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:17 am

AstonThriller wrote:I honestly think the defence have a lot to answer for as well. The bottom line is if they keep a damn clean sheet we win the games. But now game after game they are letting in sloppy goals. I honestly think the defence need a shake up now.

Don't want to teach my granny to suck eggs AT but part of the midfielders job is to protect the defence? With only 2 of them it is impossible. All teams have to do is mark our 4 strikers and pressure Westwood and we give them the ball straight back? Westwood is never in a million years produce a killer pass? Then the opposition have 8 v 6 as our strikers won't track back?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:46 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:I honestly think the defence have a lot to answer for as well. The bottom line is if they keep a damn clean sheet we win the games. But now game after game they are letting in sloppy goals. I honestly think the defence need a shake up now.

Don't want to teach my granny to suck eggs AT but part of the midfielders job is to protect the defence? With only 2 of them it is  impossible. All  teams have to do is mark our 4 strikers and pressure Westwood and we give them the ball straight back?  Westwood is never in a million years produce a killer pass? Then the opposition have 8 v 6 as our strikers won't track back?

This. No defence can keep a clean sheet when they are constantly under pressure because of an almost complete lack of midfield cover. Oppositions just keep running through to the defence unopposed. It's not good enough and we've all known it to be a problem for a few seasons. Admittedly I thought what we had might be able to get somewhere close to holding its own a league lower but, alas, it's clear they can't. RDM hasn't gotten close to getting midfield sorted yet, especially his in-game management of it. I don't buy into this gelling excuse, anyone remember big Rons team that he put together in 10mins one summer in the early 90's? Or Brian Littles team thereafter, which had a lot of new faces. No, I'm not one for presenting people with the chance to make excuses, and by people keep saying "when we gel" does exactly that. I hope it's not a message that has permeated through to the players. Wins are required, and required NOW. Anything less than 4pts from the next two games and RDM will be staring down the barrel, IMO
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:54 am

The Utterer wrote:It's a tough one! On the one hand this throwing games away left, right and centre absolutely sucks! On the other some of the new signings haven't even played yet!

The injuries are a flipping nuisance too as it means we can't field the same team two games in a row so how are we supposed to get the team to gel exactly?!

I don't think RDM actually has a clue of his best 11 right now and even if he did plenty of them are or have been injured! It's a nightmare tbh!

Injuries thus far
Gollini
Baker
Cissokho
De Leat
Gestede
Adomah
Elphick
Jedinak
Guy from Reading (He's played that little i've forgotten his name already!!..Oh Tshibola that's the one!!

THAT'S 8 INJURIES ALREADY!!! I Mean WHAAAT! I know some of those were minor and meant a player going off early or something but they still disrupt the rhythm which is very unhelpful when trying to gel a new team from scratch pretty much!

Now we'll no doubt get suspensions kicking in to cause further disruption!  The next Villa Manager 1558371468

Other clubs get injuries. Im sure huddersfield etc win games without there full squad. We are playing 2 games a week most weeks - choosing from a fully fit squad will be the exception not the rule.

Plus Tishbola has previous for getting injuries - so youd have to expect that to some degree
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:07 am

Yep. I'm starting to realise that this is what was meant by "its a tough league". We've been physically tougher when it comes to breaking heads and putting opposition players on the deck but we seem to be struggling with lasting the full 90 minutes plus our bench isn't up to scratch. At least the way RDM sets us up.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:07 am

Given the extent of the overhaul in players, I'm actually not (depressing as it is to type it) expecting an immediate return to the PL - I think it's too much to ask a bunch of strangers to play with unity so quickly, especially when injuries are disrupting things. I think that's why we're seeing good starts, but it's why the cracks appear under pressure.

The unfortunate thing about RDM - & we all knew this about him - is that he's never come across as a 'rocket up the arse' type manager. I was hoping that Steve Clarke would fill that role.

We're not particularly shit & we're not losing games but, ironically, one of the harshest public critics of performances has been Dr X himself so it's his response that'll be most telling.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:15 am

On the plus side if he does leave we already have Steve Clarke there as decent temporary cover.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next