The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we actually win a game.

43% 43% 
[ 12 ]
18% 18% 
[ 5 ]
36% 36% 
[ 10 ]
3% 3% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 28

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:27 am

Since I was one, only two other members including all the SB admirers fancy us to win this one.......mmmmm, why?

Happy Birthday old timer...........@De Kuip
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by avfc forever on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:34 am

Another draw for me 1-1.
avatar
avfc forever



Posts : 366
Reputation : 94
Join date : 2014-12-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by Villa_Dan on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:36 am

@FoxyAV wrote:Happy Centenary DK! Did you get a telegram from the Queen?

He's still got the last one he received from George
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4131
Reputation : 3924
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by De Kuip on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Oi you lot! Just read this thread, cheeky sods, I ought to chase you in my bath chair and have at you with my brass ear trumpet.....

Right, 3-1 to "Big Fat Stevie's Claret and Blue Army"!!!!
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 1915
Reputation : 3291
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:28 pm

since we have a mostly shit midfield I'm calling for bruce to play 5 forwards in midfield and play westwood as alone striker........
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Don't see why there can't be a reasonable chance for a win (that's sticking my neck out, for me!); it's not as if we've been hammered week in, week out. No major surgery - just getting the best players in the right places & properly geed up. One good thing about Brucie is that he's a touchline jumper (& we've not had one of those since Tim - before things started turning sour) so hopefully that'll infuse a bit of urgency in our game, which has been lacking.
avatar
Dions_Bald_Head



Posts : 881
Reputation : 769
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by DelboyVilla on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:17 pm

@4BetLite wrote:since we have a mostly shit midfield I'm calling for bruce to play 5 forwards in midfield and play westwood as alone striker........

@4BetLite I think that was the only formation that RDM didn't try?

DelboyVilla



Posts : 986
Reputation : 1253
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by De Kuip on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:24 pm

I know it would piss one of them off, it really would, but if I was Bruce I'd be looking to convert one of our forwards - probably Ross - to a midfield role until January. It doesn't matter how often we shuffle the midfield, with the current crop we're always at least one decent player short.
I'd play:
.................Gollini
Bacuna Chester Elphick Ciss
Tish McCormack Jedi Amavi
...........Grealish
.....................Kodjia
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 1915
Reputation : 3291
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by De Kuip on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:31 pm

Must admit I'm gutted to miss the Wolves game (or as Colin Murray used to call them "Wuuuuuvs"), but I have to go into hospital for a small medical procedure (after which, I'd like to be referred to as "Barbara").
So the first chance I'll get to see BFS's team live will be against Fulham. Be interesting to see how we'll line up/tactics/mindset/effort/adaptability and how much Bruce will be able to achieve in the few days he'll have before the Wolves match.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 1915
Reputation : 3291
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:32 pm

@De Kuip wrote:I know it would piss one of them off, it really would, but if I was Bruce I'd be looking to convert one of our forwards - probably Ross - to a midfield role until January. It doesn't matter how often we shuffle the midfield, with the current crop we're always at least one decent player short.
I'd play:
.................Gollini
Bacuna Chester Elphick Ciss
Tish McCormack Jedi Amavi
...........Grealish
.....................Kodjia

Been thinking something similar and I think it makes perfect sense considering Rmac has such a great footballers brain, dunno if he has the enigine for it so was thinking adomah jedi tish.......... with rmac behind Koj and Rudy... I'm making jack sweat a while and be backup to rmac. Amavi at LB for me and I'm ok with bacuna there but I still hate the prick.
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by Villa_Dan on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:33 pm

@De Kuip wrote:Must admit I'm gutted to miss the Wolves game (or as Colin Murray used to call them "Wuuuuuvs"), but I have to go into hospital for a small medical procedure (after which, I'd like to be referred to as "Barbara").
So the first chance I'll get to see BFS's team live will be against Fulham. Be interesting to see how we'll line up/tactics/mindset/effort/adaptability and how much Bruce will be able to achieve in the few days he'll have before the Wolves match.

At least it is on Sky so you can watch it mate
avatar
Villa_Dan



Posts : 4131
Reputation : 3924
Join date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by jeffvilla on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:04 pm

As Mike Basset said  4 4 Fking 2.

I'll get my coat
avatar
jeffvilla



Posts : 681
Reputation : 390
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by Trotters on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Good luck, Barbara. I've just this minute put 34,001 as my GTC guess with the one being you.

If it's 34000 neat ill not be happy :)
avatar
Trotters



Posts : 9524
Reputation : 5198
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 46
Location : Brisbane

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by smetro on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:57 pm

typical Brucey gritty 1-0 win
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2463
Reputation : 1441
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by De Kuip on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:01 pm

@Trotters wrote:Good luck, Barbara. I've just this minute put 34,001 as my GTC guess with the one being you.

If it's 34000 neat ill not be happy :)

* Grits teeth.....I'm not Barbara yet, I'm still pre......

I assume you mean the Fulham game, otherwise surely you should have gone 39,999 for the Wuuuuuvs game?
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 1915
Reputation : 3291
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by NARLA24 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:01 pm

We are going to thump the Dingles
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2310
Reputation : 1745
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 47
Location : Working to bloody hard

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by De Kuip on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:02 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:
@De Kuip wrote:Must admit I'm gutted to miss the Wolves game (or as Colin Murray used to call them "Wuuuuuvs"), but I have to go into hospital for a small medical procedure (after which, I'd like to be referred to as "Barbara").
So the first chance I'll get to see BFS's team live will be against Fulham. Be interesting to see how we'll line up/tactics/mindset/effort/adaptability and how much Bruce will be able to achieve in the few days he'll have before the Wolves match.

At least it is on Sky so you can watch it mate

Ah, that's not too bad then - cheers for the head's up......
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 1915
Reputation : 3291
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by De Kuip on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:04 pm

@4BetLite wrote:
@De Kuip wrote:I know it would piss one of them off, it really would, but if I was Bruce I'd be looking to convert one of our forwards - probably Ross - to a midfield role until January. It doesn't matter how often we shuffle the midfield, with the current crop we're always at least one decent player short.
I'd play:
.................Gollini
Bacuna Chester Elphick Ciss
Tish McCormack Jedi Amavi
...........Grealish
.....................Kodjia

Been thinking something similar and I think it makes perfect sense considering Rmac has such a great footballers brain, dunno if he has the enigine for it so was thinking adomah jedi tish.......... with rmac behind Koj and Rudy... I'm making jack sweat a while and be backup to rmac. Amavi at LB for me and I'm ok with bacuna there but I still hate the prick.

Yeah I could go with that 4Bet. Just like to see something, anything, different to the predictable names on the team sheet, with predictable outcomes that followed.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 1915
Reputation : 3291
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by achilles on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:10 pm

Just to remind everybody that Tish is suspended!

My TEAM, not a bunch of individuals:

                   Gollini
Hutton   Chester   Elphick   Ciss
Bacuna   Westwood   Jedi   Amavi
...........McCormack
.............Kodjia

Absolute last chance for Elphick, otherwise Baker.
avatar
achilles



Posts : 1443
Reputation : 1200
Join date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by VillaBill on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:12 pm

2-1, 90th minute winner deflected of Brucies belly that had spilled out onto the pitch from the dug out !
Big fat Steve's claret & blue army Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
avatar
VillaBill



Posts : 777
Reputation : 455
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by VillaBill on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:17 pm

@achilles wrote:Just to remind everybody that Tish is suspended!

My TEAM, not a bunch of individuals:

                   Gollini
Hutton   Chester   Elphick   Ciss
Bacuna   Westwood   Jedi   Amavi
...........McCormack
.............Kodjia

Absolute last chance for Elphick, otherwise Baker.

Kodjia doesn't look the same player with his back to goal, his best game was coming in from wide right against Forest, when he runs with the ball at the opposition they shit their pants
avatar
VillaBill



Posts : 777
Reputation : 455
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by De Kuip on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:29 pm

I thought they'd confirmed tish wasn't suspended? Bacuna Hutton and Westwood, fuck me I'm depressed just thinking there's a chance they'd all be playing.
avatar
De Kuip



Posts : 1915
Reputation : 3291
Join date : 2014-05-20
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by Joppe84 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:57 pm

Gollini
Bacuna Elphick Chester Amavi
Jedi
Westwood Grealish
Adomah Ayew
Kodjia

Unfortunately our weak and shit central midfield really limits our tactical options
avatar
Joppe84



Posts : 3157
Reputation : 2808
Join date : 2015-06-17
Location : Oslo

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by 4BetLite on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:46 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:Gollini
Bacuna Elphick Chester Amavi
Jedi
Westwood Grealish
Adomah Ayew
Kodjia

Unfortunately our weak and shit central midfield really limits our tactical options
a

So a 41221 because all the width (potato) is on the bench........ Scandi thinking is awesome
avatar
4BetLite



Posts : 1776
Reputation : 2815
Join date : 2015-06-20
Location : Bloody Hell

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by 1Elliot on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Home Win for me 3 -1 Ayew being injured might be a blessing in disguise as it might actually strengthen the midfield !!!
avatar
1Elliot



Posts : 191
Reputation : 228
Join date : 2015-06-08

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum