The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread

+9
De Kuip
Fpuppys
achilles
Villa_Dan
Wookster
VTID85
smetro
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread Empty Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread

Post by achilles Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Right in my eyes this is the game which will define our season.
At last we are meeting a side that is definitely going to give us a game and test our mettle.
No excuses, if we aren’t ready for this game we never will be and it is up to Bruce to get them ‘up’ for it from the first minute.
This game will show just how serious we are about getting an automatic spot rather than just settling for a playoff spot.

Now 99% of the time I would never advocate changing a winning side however this is the 1% time, as it goes without saying that Grealish must start and I would like us to go back to the side that did so well before Grealish and Adomah got injured. Also I don’t want us to play a 4-4-2 as it doesn’t really work for us and especially against a decent side.

So this is my side (4-1-3-1-1):

...............................................Johnstone...................................................
...........Elmo..............Chester.....................Terry.........................Taylor.........
............................................Bjarnason......................................................
.............Snodgrass...................Hourihane...........................Adomah................
...........................................Grealish.........................................................
.............................................Grabban.........................................................

The defence is a no brainer as Hutton is still injured. Bjarnason gives us more mobility in that defensive role and I don’t think that we need such a physical presence as Jedinak. The three in front really speak for themselves with Grealish playing the number 10 role. It is a shame for Hogan as he has not done anything wrong but Grabban is in form with 3 goals in his last 3 matches so gets the place and he is more physical which I think we need just playing one up front!

As long as Bruce doesn’t pick a defensive line-up which would hand the initiative to Wolves and encourage them to attack us, I think that we can give them a good game and I will go for a draw (but hoping for a win)!
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread

Post by De Kuip Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Yep that's good enough for me. I think Bjarnasson gives us a more dynamic protection of the defence as he's forward looking. Everyone's griping about wolves' Champions League players - well Thor is one such player yet even after playing well he missed out due to our manager being Corporal Jones (Don't panic!!!) and dropping him.
If we go for it and pack out VP I genuinely think we'll tear them a new one.
2-0 villa.
Grabban and Hourihane.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:32 am

I don't think I've wanted us to win a game more than this in a long time, one because we desperately need it for our promotion hopes, and two because Wolves' fans have become unbearably cocky, they haven't shut up about how they're going to give us a pasting at Villa Park, since the Molineux game, they did quieten down for a bit, but then they beat Leeds, and suddenly they're world beaters again (the latest classic is the only difference between them and Spurs, is Harry Kane).

It will be interesting to see how we line up, I like Bjarnason and think he's unlucky to have lost his place to Whelan recently, but could understand if Bruce opted for Jedinak for this one, and as we showed against birmingham we can still play well with him in the side.

Won't be easy as Wolves are very good side, but if we play at our best then we can get win.
deadbuzzardalive

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:33 pm

I'm feeling edgy about this one tbh (Lol usually deadbuz is the one who says that Very Happy ). On one hand I could see us grinding out a win, on another I could see them turning us over In a dominant display and the scum Wolves fans declaring "world dominance". I think my mood will be determined by the Cardiff game though. If they don't win then I think we can relax and let the chips fall where they may. But if they do? Then it just ramps up the pressure.

I'd personally play Jedi simply because of the set-pieces. Please don't be fooled guys, Wolves are a good set-piece team so having Jedi In there will hopefully add more protection.

Another thing Bruce and co MUST consider is making Jack stay towards that left-hand side where Adomah is much like how the first goal against Blues was created. Why? We need to double up on Doherty, he's got the most assists for them so If we make him think twice about bombing forward it could go halfway towards stopping them.

What we can't do is let them dictate the game. Even if it means making things ugly then just do it. Slow things down, give away some "professional fouls" to stop their rhythm etc.

What's clear though is the first goal is gonna be absolutely vital. Neither team has lost having scored first. Wolves have conceded the first goal eight times and have only come back to win ONCE!!..and that was under freak circumstances against Bristol In the last minute of the game. They've lost five, drawn two and won one. We, on the other hand, have conceded the first goal twelve times and have lost seven, drawn three and won two. So we have actually shown a much better ability to get back into a game than Wolves have thus far.

Anyway, what will be, will be. Even if the worst happens and we end up being seven points behind Cardiff come Saturday night, let us remember that it could all be back to the same four or five points come Tuesday night, so there will be no need to panic.

I really don't know what to expect tbh, just want our lads to play to their potential. If they do, then Wolves are gonna have to play at a very high level to get anything imo.

COME ON VILLA!!! Scarf Waving

Last edited by AstonThriller on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:42 pm

The team talk for this will be interesting because if we aren't up for this one then there is no hope for us, VP will be packed with Villa fans who will demand the very best, so the team has to deliver. We have the players, we have the 12 man, we have momentum so I'm not bothered about the score as long as it ends in our favour, IMO we are due a massive result, make it so Villans. Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 1520050566 Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 1520050566 Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 1520050566

Saunders82
Saunders82

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Wonder which one of our players will get sent off?
Wolves don't often play against 11!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:56 pm

De Kuip wrote:Wonder which one of our players will get sent off?

Don't let it be Jack, they know he is one of our main players, lets hope they don't target him, also this ref is pants I hope he doesn't spoil things. Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Saunders82 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:Wonder which one of our players will get sent off?

Don't let it be Jack, they know he is one of our main players, lets hope they don't target him, also this ref is pants I hope he doesn't spoil things. Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 1327487109

Most of the refs are crap in this league, it is really frustrating, the standard is certainly not very high! Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 1327487109
achilles
achilles

Aston Villa v Wolverlona Wanderers Match Thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:35 pm

It's been a disastrous afternoon so far, I don't care who plays or how we play, just need to get a win this evening.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:22 pm

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:00 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It's been a disastrous afternoon so far, I don't care who plays or how we play, just need to get a win this evening.

Are you shocked at the results? Hardly the toughest games for Cardiff and Fulham. Infact, we won at home to Blues and away to Preston, it is what it is. Lose or draw today nothing is gonna change. There is still plenty of games left and we could go back above Fulham with our game in-hand anyway.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Fail to win this evening and that it for us as far as automatic promotion goes, Cardiff and Fulham just don't look like losing enough games. Now it feels like the theme of the day has been set and things will only get worse.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Nah we'll be fine, Wolves got no chance tonight.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:27 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Fail to win this evening and that it for us as far as automatic promotion goes, Cardiff and Fulham just don't look like losing enough games. Now it feels like the theme of the day has been set and things will only get worse.

Yep, the world is about to end I tell thee Very Happy
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Get in! Good lad Albert Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Scarf Waving
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Oops there goes my 2-0 prediction.
Fuck off Jota.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:26 pm

The full backs leave a lot to be desired, playing us into trouble with short passes when we are in good positions, Hourihane too, we're having a go though which is positive. All to play for in the second half. UTV
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:54 pm

FUCK ON THAT YOU LIMP DICKED DOGHEAD DINGLES
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Quickfire double - loving it!!!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Wolves are in pieces now, throwing all the subs on and looking frustrated.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:10 pm

They've started hacking as well.
Maybe they'll end up with 10 players haha
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Oh my fucking McGrath this is absolutely fucking beautiful.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:19 pm

Dog heads just got torn a new one.

I might have predicted the scores wrongly but never felt we'd lose.

Didn't expect 4-1 though!!!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:24 pm

My McGrath but we need Cardiff to draw soon so it's in our hands at VP.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:27 pm

That will do for me, reminds me of the the arggies maggie thatcher maggie thatcher your boys took a hell of a beating lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next