The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we actually win a game.

43% 43% 
[ 12 ]
18% 18% 
[ 5 ]
36% 36% 
[ 10 ]
3% 3% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 28

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by gdav on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Who does he even have coaching them?? Needs to get his back room staff sorted & get them on a few double training sessions.
gdav

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by avfc85 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Wolves were superior 2nd half, sad times, the most disappointing thing was we have some experienced campaigners yet they just couldn't musta anything!
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:37 pm

@Wookster wrote:

unfortunately he has only one more and a coach journey to knock em into shape for Tuesday night

It doesn't have to be one more. He can bring them in tomorrow if he wishes. I also think he needs to have a look at changing the fitness coach because the boys don't look fit enough right now.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:44 pm

Well Bruce has seen his first game for me he got the subs correct.
Fitness is a must.
Team work is missing.
Conferdence and moral is missing.
I think it will be a different game next week.
We should be behind the manager he has only had a few training session.
Let's see after a few games.UTV
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:59 pm

no excuses - that was total bucket of dogshit.

The only positive is we somehow scrambled a point. I d be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed. Much work to do Brucey....
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Same old same old, so drearily predictable and so so disappointing yet again.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:04 pm

I thought the second half today was truly shocking.

I can't hep but think that RDM has wasted many millions of Tony's money.

If it wasn't for Bruce, I would have severe doubts over our capacity to stay up this season.
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:15 pm

Bruce should look at the academy at least they are fit and can pass a ball.
Good luck, double fitness, some circuit training is needed, send them over to a army barracks the PTI will get them in shape.
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:15 pm

I think people need to get a grip. "Relegation"? we've only lost three times and also once in our last seven games. Yes, we have an massive struggle winning games right now, but I don't think it's gonna take a genius to turn this form around.

Jedinak, Elphick and Mccormack aren't looking like the good signings right now tbh but that's the name of the game folks, you win some, you lose some.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:16 pm

@Thinman wrote:

Personally I only have issues with Chester. I just had so high hopes for him. The other buys are pretty fine. We were always going to get squized for money in our dealings because of the size of the club. Kodjia for instance is easily worth £ 11 million. And Tish £ 5 million. And Gollini £ 4,25 million as well, whom I thought had a great match today.

Our problem is what I've underlined so many times before and that's the fact that you never ever should buy a new eleven over a single summer. We have pretty much switched up the squad two summers running and that's recipe for disaster. Football is about having a team and having a team needs continuity. I said it before the season started we would have a rough time up until January and the start winning a lot and I stick by that. It's not because I'm a fecking crystal ball watching coat wearing white bearded twat, but because that's how football works when you decide to go bonkers in transfer dealings. Like everything else in life it requires repetition and continuity for success. In fact if people were to give up on transfers like Kodjia, McCormack or Adomah I'm pretty certain that would just blossom at another side that's settled. Simply because that's easier.

But you all know this and I'm boring.

I still maintain Grealish is weak as piss though. No idea what people see in him.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:17 pm

@Army villain wrote:Bruce should look at the academy at least they are fit and can pass a ball.

Makes you wonder how shit that praised academy must be if they don't have a single player that can walk into this shower of shit and improve it. Might as well just close doors and save that money.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:21 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:I think people need to get a grip. "Relegation"? we've only lost three times and also once in our last seven games. Yes, we have an massive struggle winning games right now, but I don't think it's gonna take a genius to turn this form around.

Jedinak, Elphick and Mccormack aren't looking like the good signings right now tbh but that's the name of the game folks, you win some, you lose some.

We don't look convincing though. This might sound daft after 1 game - but Bruce badly needs a win.

I don't think we have particularly bad players - but the blend just isn't there - Im not seeing many natural partnerships. A couple of times Adomah scampered down the wing - only to find no villa player anywhere near him.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:31 pm

I think it is arrogant beyond belief to laugh at the threat of relegation - we are 1 point off the relegation zone. Yes I rate Bruce and our squad is way too good to go down if peforming but the fact is that as things stand we are in that battle
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:46 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:
@Thinman wrote:

Personally I only have issues with Chester. I just had so high hopes for him. The other buys are pretty fine. We were always going to get squized for money in our dealings because of the size of the club. Kodjia for instance is easily worth £ 11 million. And Tish £ 5 million. And Gollini £ 4,25 million as well, whom I thought had a great match today.

Our problem is what I've underlined so many times before and that's the fact that you never ever should buy a new eleven over a single summer. We have pretty much switched up the squad two summers running and that's recipe for disaster. Football is about having a team and having a team needs continuity. I said it before the season started we would have a rough time up until January and the start winning a lot and I stick by that. It's not because I'm a fecking crystal ball watching coat wearing white bearded twat, but because that's how football works when you decide to go bonkers in transfer dealings. Like everything else in life it requires repetition and continuity for success. In fact if people were to give up on transfers like Kodjia, McCormack or Adomah I'm pretty certain that would just blossom at another side that's settled. Simply because that's easier.

But you all know this and I'm boring.

I still maintain Grealish is weak as piss though. No idea what people see in him.  

Thats a fair point and a good post.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:02 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:I think it is arrogant beyond belief to laugh at the threat of relegation - we are 1 point off the relegation zone. Yes I rate Bruce and our squad is way too good to go down if peforming but the fact is that as things stand we are in that battle

No-one is "laughing", I'm just putting the facts on the table that our position in the league doesn't really reflect a side that is piss poor. We've been very unlucky in many of the games this season and in reality we should be top six quite easily right now.
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:05 pm

I agree with most of what you've said there Joppe, except that Chester is the only player you have an issue with of the summer buys. I think his form has dropped off with the team, but he's nowhere near the worst. Surely you must be disappointed with Jedinak, Elphick and to some extent McCormack. Our best buy I think I'd Kodjia. Hopefully Bruce can improve them all, particularly Chester as he worked with him at Hull.

DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Jedi have been poor I agree
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:29 pm

Chester has direct competition from Baker. Sadly Elphick's direct competition is from Richards.

I'm intrigued by Bruce wiping the slate clean for Gabby. He scored one goal last season, I just don't see where he'd fit in to our current squad. He's not going to compete with Kodjia, Gestede, or McCormack for a striker spot, especially as Ayew is already first in the queue. He won't take over from Grealish or Ayew on the left and I don't see him playing on the right. Maybe as a substitute on the left wing? Even then I'd rather see Ayew there.

Still, what's most important for us is a midfield. With a couple of new and top class players in I suspect our defence is going to start looking a LOT better.
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:50 pm

That was truly abysmal especially the second half and we were very, very lucky to escape with a point!

I really do despair with this team, have they no pride in how they perform!

Good luck Steve you will need every bit you can muster to get this rabble to act as professional footballers.
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:54 pm

What a brutal performance that was. We weren't at the races for the first 20 minutes, then alter the penLty we looked like confidence was there and we're going to go on, only to concede the penalty and from there it went downhill and never came back. Lucky and happy with the point.

I don't normally do this, but here's my player ratings for the game...

Gollini - 8 - probably his best game for us and looked solid
Richards - 7 nothing special, but we did look stronger defensively with him in as proved once he went off
Elphick 6 - didn't do much wrong but didn't dominate either.
Chester 5 - very poor game and lucky not to get a second yellow
Cissoko - 2 - Brutal game. They looked a danger everytime the ball came down that side and quite frankly a 12 year old would have had a better game. Amavi surely next game?
Adomah - 6 - looked good early on, but then disappeared for the rest of the game
Tshibola - 6 - largely ineffective and the game passed him by
Jedinak - 5- too many air miles this week
Grealish - 7 - looked our only danger when we got the ball to his feet... shame we never got the ball to his feet to often
McCormack - 4 - very poor and didn't offer anything or pass the ball to our team very often
Kodjia - 6 - looked alone up front, and isn't a long ball type of forward so why we keep pumping the ball up I don't know

Westwood - 6 - typical Westwood game
Baker - 6 looked stronger when he came on as we had someone at the back that can head a ball
Hutton - 0 - how this guy is a footballer I'll never know

The game was crying out for Gestede andAmavi, unfortunately the injuries stopped this happening.

Bruce really does have his work cut outs but there was a glimpse after the goal that confidence will make a huge difference to this team.
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:04 am

The game failed to record so. I'm having to wait for the replay tonight but the last few pages make for grim reading.

On the positive side, we didn't lose which Bruce will need to keep the boo-boys at bay and he's only been there 5 minutes so it's good he's had a chance to see where the problems lie whilst still picking up a point.

On the downside, we're still looking over our shoulder at the trap door and it doesn't matter how good we THINK we are, it's how we ACTUALLY are. Other sides will show us no respect and if another 1/4 season goes by and we're still within 5 points of the bottom 3 then I can see the psychological effects of that kicking in.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:08 am

This is amazing that RDM and his team have left us with an unfit and unmotivated set of players after spending a small fortune in the summer?

Dr Xia is finding out the hard way how a football club can really drain you economically and mentally. If he watched that shower then he must horrified at the wages he is splashing out every week?

Jedinak needs to seriously think whether he wants an international career or a club career as travelling to the other side of the world to play for a joke international side is ridiculous?

Bruce has a real mountain to climb with this side and with games coming thick and fast he needs to find a magic formula very soon? Now is time to earn your coin Stevie Boy!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:04 am

@DelboyVilla's last sentence has nailed it.

RDM had the easiest job in football: awaken a sleeping giant by smashing it in the face with a bag of money.

Bruce now has probably the hardest job in football. Not only is he expected to unravel this mess but he'll have to do it in doubt quick time as his honeymoon period will run out by the start of next week. After that, despite being left with a McGrath -awful mess, results will have to come because the boo-boys will be on his back. Xia may have given him the backing of time but there will be a small but highly vocal group that only see Bruce in a Blues kit and will make their opinions heard.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:08 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:
Jedinak needs to seriously think whether he wants an international career or a club career as travelling to the other side of the world to play for a joke international side is ridiculous?

Oi oi oi!
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:44 am

Without creating a long list, make that a very long list, of all the faults and failings of yesterday's performance, I think the main differences between us and Wolves were fitness and team work. To have a set of professional and highly paid footballers not fit at this stage, or any stage for that matter, of the season is utterly beyond my comprehension. This single fact is completely unacceptable and surely a breach of contract, albeit hard to prove when lawyers are involved.

Regarding teamwork, it was obvious that a very average Wolves side, at least were a team and interested as a team. They knew how each other played and moved and created space which only went to highlight how poor we are. We are 12 games in now, the gelling excuse can no longer be acceptable. They clearly haven't been coached properly and as we all know, the make up of the squad is completely unbalanced and disjointed.

Good luck Steve, you'll be a Villa man forever if you can sort this lot out.

DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum