The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

+32
andrew24561
VTID85
CoE82
Wookster
Dazzle
DaveAV1
Jae1411
gdav
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
Boldfinger
WendyOz
1Elliot
VillaBill
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
avfc forever
FoxyAV
jeffvilla
Trotters
De Kuip
Thinman
achilles
big ming
Saunders82
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
4BetLite
Wriggle
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
36 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Can we actually win a game.

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap43%Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 12 ]
Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap18%Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 5 ]
Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap36%Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 10 ]
Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap3%Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by ember Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:27 pm

I'd love to know what that so-called monster fitness coach did when he was here. If the players aren't fit for playing ninety minutes bearing in mind their movement is fucking terrible, his avant garde shit is worse than Remi Garde shit.

There was a moment in the game that I thought summed up why we are where we are, are crap to watch and lack penetration. Around the half way line Tish laid the ball off to the right, slightly rearwards with an opponent a few yards away. Then fucking STOOD THERE. Did nothing at all, leaving whoever received the ball (forget who it was) to find the forward pass he couldn't find. I was bellowing at the screen, "Move you fucking twat, show for him!". That's all he had to do, move forward two yards and he was in space having taken one player out the equation and having completely changed the complexion of the possession and moved us into a more threatening position. It would have given everyone ahead of him something to think about, defenders and attackers but no. Instead of a triangle and possibilities we got a flat pass that fizzled out to nothing.
Simple stuff, two unpressured passes of twenty feet and off we go. Absolute shite not doing basics like that.

As for Jedinak, Jesus. I have a theory on the beard and why it is currently so luxuriant. You know how sometimes players get superstitious and, for example, a striker might say, "Not getting my hair cut until I score and break my barren streak." Consequently you have some sugarbag running around for a while looking like a sad 1970s throwback?

Well, with Jedinak I think some time ago he made that vow about scoring. Then he revised that when he realised that wouldn't happen and made it "When I next have a faultless game". Then it became "A good game"; then "When I have an average game"; then "When I actually make a pass to feet"; then "When I don't totally suck all game by not scoring, misplacing every pass and having every opponent ghost past me". It won't be too long before ZZ Top will be saying "When I can get my jersey on in the dressing room unaided".

And that, my poor fellow Villa victims, is the story of the beard.
ember
ember

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread

Post by danclare82 Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:50 pm

Grealish got 3 game ban for that kick out sat. I know joppe will be happy but im not. Important player for us and bruce needs all the squad to choose from.
danclare82
danclare82

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:17 pm

3 game ban, what for?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:25 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:3 game ban, what for?

The cowardly kick-stamp he laid on the Wolves player that caused the escalation of the initial coming together. The officials didn't see it. That said, the Wolves player was lucky not to get a red for the body punch he threw in retaliation.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:58 pm

ember wrote:

The cowardly kick-stamp he laid on the Wolves player that caused the escalation of the initial coming together. The officials didn't see it. That said, the Wolves player was lucky not to get a red for the body punch he threw in retaliation.
Tbf i saw it on twitter then villa facebook pages but nothing official yet so maybe bs
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:01 pm

danclare82 wrote:
ember wrote:

Tbf i saw it on twitter then villa facebook pages but nothing official yet so maybe bs

Yes, can't see anything official so maybe he has got away with it. He was a sly little sugarbag the way he did it. The initial coming together, I saw Coady give him a dig with his fist but nothing really before it and then it kicked off with others piling in. I was convinced Coady was gone because I couldn't see how the officials failed to spot it.

While they were debating, I saw the replay from the other angle and saw the stamp and expected both of them to go. Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers-Saturday 15th October 2016 5.30pm KO. Build up and Match Thread - Page 7 1306727784 Beckham famously got himself sent off for much less.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Quote from BBC Sport News

Aston Villa's England Under-21 international Jack Grealish has been given a three-game ban for a "stamp" in Saturday's derby with Wolves.

The incident, involving Wolves midfielder Conor Coady, sparked an altercation among the players in the 1-1 draw at Villa Park.

Coady and Grealish's Villa team-mate Ross McCormack were both booked by referee David Coote for retaliation.

But the Football Association viewed a kick by Grealish as "violent conduct".

The late first-half incident, not originally seen by the referee or his match officials, was captured on video.

The suspension takes immediate effect, ruling the 21-year-old winger out of Tuesday's game at Reading, Saturday's home match with Fulham and the local derby against Birmingham City at St Andrew's on 30 October.

An FA statement said Grealish accepted the charge of violent conduct, but contested that "the automatic penalty of a three-match suspension would be clearly excessive", a claim which was rejected by an independent regulatory commission.
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7