The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by achilles Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:33 am

jimbop wrote:
CoE82 wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Interesting to see that Xia says that we had limited time and options in June. Kind of suggests that it won't be Bruce, as he was an option in the summer (when options were apparently limited) and we didn't go for him then.

I woyldnt say he was an option, as he was at hull till august I think, and by then we had decided RDM was the new messiah, all I want is someone thats gonna give our lazy arse players a kick up the arse, our last few managers have been to soft, and while the good Dr is looking for a manager maybe he can look for some free agent midfielders.

I haven't seen one single sign that are players are lazy? effort is not the problem, no way.

Preston’s second goal: Jedinak marking (or standing next to Daniel Johnson) near the half way line, Westwood dallying over the ball and eventually losing it and putting hands up, the Preston player carries on and is opposed by Elphick and passes the ball to Johnson (who has left Jedinak for dead as he is just jogging back having already given Preston their first goal on a plate, Johnson has given Westwood a 15 yard start and still gets goal side of him), Chester and Bunn challenge and the ball falls to Hugill to score while Elphick hasn’t moved an inch!

Three players in that one instance who haven’t shown the desire, effort or will to actually want to win the ball!
achilles
achilles

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:33 am

Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:
CoE82 wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Interesting to see that Xia says that we had limited time and options in June. Kind of suggests that it won't be Bruce, as he was an option in the summer (when options were apparently limited) and we didn't go for him then.

I woyldnt say he was an option, as he was at hull till august I think, and by then we had decided RDM was the new messiah, all I want is someone thats gonna give our lazy arse players a kick up the arse, our last few managers have been to soft, and while the good Dr is looking for a manager maybe he can look for some free agent midfielders.

I haven't seen one single sign that are players are lazy? effort is not the problem, no way.

Agreed. Our players being lazy isn't the problem, maybe the odd one or two, but certainly not the entire group. Our problem is an unbalanced team with a poor and understaffed midfield. What any manager needs to do is realise that with what we have we simply have to get three central midfielders in the starting 11. We have Tshibola, Jedinak, Westwood, Gardner, and Lyden...........any combination of three of those on the pitch at any time until January when the problem is hopefully addressed.

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Honestly this if getting daft now. Nathan Jones and Lee Johnson haven't even been approached but somehow they've "ruled themselves out" by actually saying nothing of any substance in relation to the Villa post? Johnson has left Oldham and Barnsley already, if anyone in their right mind believes he'd reject this job then more fool them.

Looks like nothing will be sorted until next week. I guess Round and Wyness will be going through the list and looking at the pluses and minuses. I wonder if they'll contrive to leave it beyond the Wolves game to see how Clarke does? I wouldn't put it past them tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:46 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Honestly this if getting daft now. Nathan Jones and Lee Johnson haven't even been approached but somehow they've "ruled themselves out" by actually saying nothing of any substance in relation to the Villa post? Johnson has left Oldham and Barnsley already, if anyone in their right mind believes he'd reject this job then more fool them.

Looks like nothing will be sorted until next week. I guess Round and Wyness will be going through the list and looking at the pluses and minuses. I wonder if they'll contrive to leave it beyond the Wolves game to see how Clarke does? I wouldn't put it past them tbh.  

I want it done asap - like most of us I suspect. But if we can't get the man we want prior to the wolves game then so be it. Clarke knows enough to set up the team for 1 game - wouldn't want him permanently though.
smetro
smetro

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:11 pm

smetro wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:Honestly this if getting daft now. Nathan Jones and Lee Johnson haven't even been approached but somehow they've "ruled themselves out" by actually saying nothing of any substance in relation to the Villa post? Johnson has left Oldham and Barnsley already, if anyone in their right mind believes he'd reject this job then more fool them.

I want it done asap - like most of us I suspect. But if we can't get the man we want prior to the wolves game then so be it. Clarke knows enough to set up the team for 1 game - wouldn't want him permanently though.

But this villa were talking about, no doubt clarke will beat wolves and our board will decide to keep him, we need new manager before next game, clarke is a part of the last fuck up regime, so has to go.
CoE82
CoE82

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:17 pm

That is my take on it as well.
I wouldn't be at all surprised for them to leave it till after the Wolves game to see how Clarke gets on, if he gets a response from the players then he will firmly be in the frame, even more so than at present!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:13 pm

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 20161010
Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Clarke has failed as a number 1 everywhere he has been. He could possibly get it by default if our number 1 and 2 choices say no and Clarke wins a few games in the interim. Theres enough if's there to make me think it won't happen.

So far we seem to be doing the right thing. We are hopefully doing research on all the candidates leaving no stone unturned. Sure I have a slight preference for Bruce - But he doesn't look to be going anywhere else soon. So no rush there. Tony said the appointment of RDM was rushed in the summer (Im not convinced) but he seems to have learned and isn't making the same mistake again.

As it stands - we have a formidable team , Wyness, Round, Little probably working 24/7 on this - I will trust them to get the best they can - even if its not my favoured pick. Once he is here my only criteria or judgement will be how many games he wins ....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:36 pm

smetro wrote:Clarke has failed as a number 1 everywhere he has been. He could possibly get it by default if our number 1 and 2 choices say no and Clarke wins a few games in the interim. Theres enough if's there to make me think it won't happen.

So far we seem to be doing the right thing. We are hopefully doing research on all the candidates leaving no stone unturned. Sure I have a slight preference for Bruce - But he doesn't look to be going anywhere else soon. So no rush there. Tony said the appointment of RDM was rushed in the summer (Im not convinced) but he seems to have learned and isn't making the same mistake again.

As it stands - we have a formidable team , Wyness, Round, Little probably working 24/7 on this - I will trust them to get the best they can - even if its not my favoured pick. Once he is here my only criteria or judgement will be how many games he wins ....

he says that it was rushed but remember previously he said he was the cleverest coach he had EVER spoken to!

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:50 pm

jimbop wrote:
smetro wrote:Clarke has failed as a number 1 everywhere he has been. He could possibly get it by default if our number 1 and 2 choices say no and Clarke wins a few games in the interim. Theres enough if's there to make me think it won't happen.

he says that it was rushed but remember previously he said he was the cleverest coach he had EVER spoken to!

I actually think he was blinded by the CL win. Fair enough more experienced owners than Dr Tony get the manager wrong. He's dealt with it swiftly. Hopefully we get a decent guy this time. Heaven knows we deserve one. !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:54 pm

smetro wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I actually think he was blinded by the CL win. Fair enough more experienced owners than Dr Tony get the manager wrong. He's dealt with it swiftly. Hopefully we get a decent guy this time. Heaven knows we deserve one. !

true mate, I think defo he looked at the champions league thing but like you say He's acted swiftly and it really does show to me that he's desperate to get back to the PL and then win the focker!

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:14 pm

Agree with the above - Clarke is absolutely not the future of Aston Villa.

Unless he makes a decent curry, then perhaps we can put him in charge of the food at VP and replace the current swill.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:40 pm

It would be good for the new manager to have next week to settle in and take stock of the team, rather than be announced and be sat in the stands watching them try to reform
Wookster
Wookster

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:49 pm

Pat Murphy ‏@patmurphybbc Oct 4

A 10 man list will be whittled down to 3 after due diligence & discreet soundings.No one tops that list at the moment. Bruce & SClarke on it.

Due diligence? Are we looking at getting a new manager or taking one over
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:02 pm

I'm encouraged that we're doing due diligence, if only the FA had taken the trouble then they wouldn't have yet again embarrassed themselves and the nation when they appointed Fat Sam
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:12 pm

Some folks are talking about Sean Dyche on Twitter. Would people be happy with that? I guess it would make headlines if we were to poach a premiership manager but really what's the difference between Dyche and Bruce? Bruce has four promotions and Dyche has two at the end of the day.

I think if we're gonna pay compo for a manager it needs to be one with the ability to really build a new philosophy at the club. Dyche has done well at Burnley but he's no Wenger.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:15 pm

They'll probably want to make sure they don't sound out anyone who's involved in the telegraph corruption scandal. Which in itself will probably take some looking into.

Wouldn't be surprised if the process is a bit further along than is being suggested though.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:50 pm

Haven't seen much of Burnley, so don't really know much about the way his teams play. Read contrasting statements, some seem to suggest that Burnley are a good footballing side, others that they're more old fashioned.

I'd be very surprised if he were to leave his current position to join. Maybe it would be different if we were looking a good bet for promotion and Burnley were struggling.

I think it's going to be Wagner or a surprise name, as in one that hasn't been mentioned much, if at all.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Would it make sense in the clubs eyes to wait until we've played both Wolves & Sha before naming a new manager?

Surely they will be concerned that if the new boss loses those he would be off to a shockingly bad start? So would make sense to get those two out the way first, if we lose then the new "messiah" comes in to appease the fans? The next Villa Manager - Page 25 50815218
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:22 pm

A few bookies now apparently suspend betting on Bruce
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:41 pm

All the bookies suspended betting on Moyes a few years ago, means nowt. I noticed one or two suspending betting on a couple of different candidates a few days ago at this time of night. The Bruce odds are hardly surprising given that every expro keeps saying it should be him and the papers keep rehashing the same old pro Bruce drivel. So people bet on him, his odds shorten and people put two and two together and bet on him shortening his odds some more. He might get the job, but I don't think anyone knows a great deal yet. Pat Murphy is reasonably reliable and he has indicated we are some way from the end of the process.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:47 pm

Oh and one bookies odds have shortened to 16/1 on Neil Warnock!!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:59 am

What the actual fuck? The next Villa Manager - Page 25 4107169167
Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 25 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:24 am

If you go on oddschecker and click on any individual you'll find lots of the bookies suspend odds over night. It's so that they don't get caught out when they have no staff about monitoring things. The fact that the Evening Mail made a story of it shows firstly that nobody knows anything and secondly that the Mail is the most pathetic local rag on the planet.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:36 am

i would like a new manager in asap but in truth i dont care how long it takes as long as they get the right man. (and the right man i their opinion may not be the right man in my opinion or yours or his or hers aggghjhhh).
just get pep ffs!
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next