The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 14 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 14 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Honestly couldn't care less if Grealish is happy or not. His performances have not been anything to right home about in the last month or so and he's throwing parties which end up with plod being called to his door.

If he doesn't have a good season this year I'm going to put him down as another Gabby
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The next Villa Manager - Page 14 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Honestly couldn't care less if Grealish is happy or not. His performances have not been anything to right home about in the last month or so and he's throwing parties which end up with plod being called to his door.

If he doesn't have a good season this year I'm going to put him down as another Gabby

I was answering trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:05 pm

jimbop wrote:
Trotters wrote:Can we get in touch with Grealish via some young chick's Facebook account and ask the players' opinion on his sacking?

grealish asked are you all happy now RDM has gone, he answered "no not happy"    this coincides with the mail reporting the players are not happy and thought they were almost there in regards to wins etc

Just maybe he should think about his own performance last Saturday and his antics a few days before. His attitude and effort is partly to blame for RDM's downfall. Always amazed when players don't seem to realise the consequences of their actions.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

The next Villa Manager - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:06 pm

jimbop wrote:
Trotters wrote:Can we get in touch with Grealish via some young chick's Facebook account and ask the players' opinion on his sacking?

grealish asked are you all happy now RDM has gone, he answered "no not happy"    this coincides with the mail reporting the players are not happy and thought they were almost there in regards to wins etc

Just maybe he should think about his own performance last Saturday and his antics a few days before. His attitude and effort is partly to blame for RDM's downfall. Always amazed when players don't seem to realise the consequences of their actions.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:09 pm

I really can't decide who i'd like The next Villa Manager - Page 14 1787200310

Bruce would be ok but as others have said the McCleish episode and the way thge fans never took to him worries me. The slightest blip in form and it would be a disaster.

Ditto Houghton

Lambert = No thanks after the comments he has made since leaving.

Sherwood = would be interesting in a way and it may just give him the chance to learn being in a lower division. He would certainly get the attack going you would think and surely could do no worse than setting us up in the way RDM did! The next Villa Manager - Page 14 226846862

McClaren = No thanks.

Hoddle = Has attributes but there must be a reason he has been out of the game for so long?!

Dean Smith? = Unsure Don't know enough about him tbh

Wagner? = Again unsure but he does appear to be having an impact in Huddersfield. Don't think he'd come though.

Big Sam? = I would worry he may be deflated and not have his eye on the ball after the England devastation.

McCarthy? = Again his teams just lack something. He is a "nearly" managar for me.

So i really don't know who to back.

The Utterer
The Utterer

The next Villa Manager - Page 14 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:12 pm

A baggie friend of mine who knows ex albion owner jeremy peace. Reckons Bruce was sounded out about taking over at villa a few weeks back. Say he will be stunned if its not Bruce.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:12 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:Chris houghton?

My brother would never speak to me again (he's a Brighton fan).

I don't say who I think should be approached because I feel like it gets me off on the wrong foot with whoever gets appointed instead. Still, I will say I think we'll go for the Wagner type rather than the Bruce type because of Dr X's progressive approach to modernising the club - however it does sound as though he's happy for the board to make the decision. As I've said on another thread, the tactical nose of Garde & the tub-thumping of Tim would be appreciated - rather than what we got with RDM which was the personality of Garde & the tactical ability of Tim. The next Villa Manager - Page 14 4025243045

Tactical nous of Garde, tub thumping of Tim...........sounds like a Klopp description to me! Anybody seen Wagner on the sidelines?!!
Dazzle
Dazzle

The next Villa Manager - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:23 pm

If you read Dr Tony on why he went for RDM - he has said no one else was available. So if Wagner, weren't gettable then, I doubt they are now.
All points to Bruce for me.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:23 pm

jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Honestly couldn't care less if Grealish is happy or not. His performances have not been anything to right home about in the last month or so and he's throwing parties which end up with plod being called to his door.

I was answering trotters

Yeah I know mate, just commenting on Grealish in general
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Sherwood played a different team every week. Remember N'Zog at the cup final? Sherwood played Ayew and Veretout one week and then benched them for a couple of weeks for playing well. He played Richards and Lescott over Okore and Clark. He played Gabby every match hoping one week he'd score. He's a great big NO from me.

As has been said before, we need someone who knows what he's doing in the Championship, comes with no baggage, can organise a team and select the most suitable 11 players.

For January we need to be looking at competition for Elphick and at least two of the best midfielders money can buy.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:31 pm

And on the subject of Grealish, we need someone who recognises that if we're playing Gestede we need to bang in crosses, which means someone like Sinclair when he helped Swansea get promoted, staying wide and not always cutting in to take on as many players as possible. Sure, if Grealish gets to the edge of the box and gets surrounded it gives Cissokho more room to receive the ball and knock it in but I'd rather we cut out the crap and the winger banged the ball in straight away. Counter-attacking football does tend to rely on catching the other side napping, not giving them the chance to get a few players back before the ball comes in. I still like Grealish but he needs someone to tell him what's what. I used to know an F1 driver and his personal manager, who translated for him, found him somewhere to live, helped him get a driving licence and so on. The driver was offered a seat at one of the top teams but on the condition he parted company with his manager (not his personal one, the one that looked after the sports side of things). He said no, he lasted another couple of seasons in F1 and now races in the US. We need a manager to sort out our players on the pitch, and steer them away from negative influences off the pitch. If Jack's father is that bad, he needs to do something about it.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:37 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Sherwood played a different team every week. Remember N'Zog at the cup final? Sherwood played Ayew and Veretout one week and then benched them for a couple of weeks for playing well. He played Richards and Lescott over Okore and Clark. He played Gabby every match hoping one week he'd score. He's a great big NO from me.

As has been said before, we need someone who knows what he's doing in the Championship, comes with no baggage, can organise a team and select the most suitable 11 players.

For January we need to be looking at competition for Elphick and at least two of the best midfielders money can buy.

I'd certainly agree that whoever the next manager is has to somehow get through to January with what is proving to be a poor midfield, and definitely two of the best we could possibly obtain required in January. I'm not in the camp that says promotion this season is gone, I think this league is open to anyone who puts together a good run of wins and there are plenty of games left to do just that. I do think play offs are our best hope now, but finishing the season strong will be key. Seems to be strongly in Bruce's hands according to bookies and rumour.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:40 pm

jimbop wrote:

Perhaps 'not happy' because we might get someone in who won't put up with any shit or lack of effort on the pitch.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:45 pm

High hopes for grealish this season. But must be on the verge of loosing his place. plenty of skill but zero end product...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Will be amazed if it is not Bruce (unfortunately).

Extremely worried that the players are unhappy with RDM going, good job they don't pay for the privilege of watching themselves play otherwise they might have a totally different viewpoint!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:12 pm

A decent manager coming in could easily get us to the promotion places imo. Being ten points behind the likes of Bristol City and the noses is hardly an irretrievable situation. Both of those teams might be riding on a crest of a wave right now but injuries, suspensions and poor form will soon kick in when you have small squads like they do.

Anyway apparently the Sheff Wed manager is now 20-1 to get the job now and personally I think he'd be a very good choice. Plays good football, experienced in the game, knows the championship and has taken a club to the play-offs from exactly the same position we currently find ourselves in.

It must be said though the signs seem to be pointing in Bruce's direction. Though word on twitter suggests Wagner was asked about the Villa job and said "no comment". If that's true then that's interesting Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 14 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:16 pm

I'm for getting 4/5 different managers and rotate them until something clicks.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:18 pm

4BetLite wrote:I'm for getting 4/5 different managers and rotate them until something clicks.

that's what we do anyway!!

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:24 pm

South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Anyone know if Martin Laursen took his coaching badges and, if so,what experience he has had since?
He would certainly wear his heart on his sleeve and not be in it for the early dismissal compo which I accused RDM of wanting after the team was announced at Preston.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:29 pm

AVB is available I think, might be someone who'd work with Clarke as well, if we weren't keen on replacing all the coaching staff. Pretty unlikely though I'd imagine.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:30 pm

jimbop wrote:
4BetLite wrote:I'm for getting 4/5 different managers and rotate them until something clicks.

yup, frustrating as fvck innit mate. I do have faith in the owner and board though, it has to turn eventually mate, has to.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:40 pm

4BetLite wrote:
jimbop wrote:

yup, frustrating as fvck innit mate. I do have faith in the owner and board though, it has to turn eventually mate, has to.

I really hope so geeze, if we make a mistake with this appointment we could go down again. but I also feel the same as you in the sense that I have faith in the owner and the board

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:55 pm

Peter wrote:My suspicion is that RDM only engages on match days and so there may be a disconnect with what happens in training. But it is interesting that such an experienced group of coaches could lead to such fuck awful performances from a seemingly strong group of players on paper. Also performances appear to be going backwards. So personally I would sack RDM now and let Clarke take charge for now as I don't just want potato head for example as a knee jerk reaction

Something about Bruce i am uneasy about tbh yes he is a safe pair of hands but what i wouldn't give for a Villan in the hotseat, Dean Smith is a Villan so for me my heart says him!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:02 pm

The thing which is really irking me about some of our fans is their opposition to Bruce based solely on his Blues tenure. Not his leaving of jobs or questionable Premier League capabilities.

Firstly, he left the Scum 9 years ago!
Secondly, he is not a Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freak
Lastly, Ron Atkinson managed Albion TWICE before coming to Villa and yet I'll bet money the same fans love him
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next