The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 26 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:54 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:20 pm

jimbop wrote:glad we didn't sign this embarrassment!! - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/see-moment-everton-loanee-enner-8995673

Fucking hilarious!

The bird must've done something for a man on £40K a week to refuse to fork out £15K, and go through all of that to avoid it
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The next Villa Manager - Page 26 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:glad we didn't sign this embarrassment!! - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/see-moment-everton-loanee-enner-8995673

Fucking hilarious!

The bird must've done something for a man on £40K a week to refuse to fork out £15K, and go through all of that to avoid it

exactly what I thought but also would think I'm loaded so pay the bitch and get rid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:41 pm

That is off-the-planet bizarre. Dumb fuck footballers are too stupid to understand tactics but know how to plan an escape route from a stadium, mid-game.

And you just know Gabby is sending him an Instagram hi-5.
Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 26 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:48 pm

So Shearer has been in touch with Bruce but didn't ask how it went and then blabbed it to some other media outlet that then got printed up by the shitrag Mail.

I'm sure the club - who have been rather tight lipped about it all - will really love that potato head is telling his gobshite mates.

If it is true, hopefully this deflates his chances massively.
Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 26 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:02 pm

Trotters wrote:So Shearer has been in touch with Bruce but didn't ask how it went and then blabbed it to some other media outlet that then got printed up by the shitrag Mail.

I'm sure the club - who have been rather tight lipped about it all -  will really love that potato head is telling his gobshite mates.

If it is true, hopefully this deflates his chances massively.

does sound strange don't it

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:16 pm

It will not be Bruce, if it was, the ink on the contract would be dry by now.

The board need to assess what impact the last 5 managers have had and learn from the failure of every one of them.

We need to go big, the bigger the better (bruce is the fattest not the biggest), break the bloody bank. It doesn't matter if we're top ten in the premiership or where we are now, this is Xia's Villa, not Lerner's Villa and it is still one of the most famous clubs in the world.

There are probably 15 to 20 managers in the game today that are not getable...........make a list of the best of the rest and get whoever is at the top of the list........... make it happen.

I disagree with our own fans that say we ain't the club we used to be, screw that, lets make this club what it should be.......... form is temporary, class is forever.

UTV
4BetLite
4BetLite

The next Villa Manager - Page 26 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:21 pm

jimbop wrote:

why the fooook would shearer know??

I can only think that Wyness\Round have taken soundings - I would be very surprised if he has substantive talks.

Theres also a glimmer in there if you don't fancy Bruce. "He will want to do things his own way" - That might make Steve Round fearful for his job.

With a £1m + a year salary, on his doorstep, and probably the biggest club SB could hope to land. I can't see Brucey laying down too many t+c's ! Most likley he would get his feet under the table - then say how he wants things done once (if !) he has a few wins under his belt.....

I think Bruce is most likely - but not done waiting to be announced. Quite rightly Dr Tony will want to speak to him in person first.

There's a fair bit of support for Bruce - Don't quite know the birmingham mail seem to feel the need to run a 'brucey for villa campaign' - theres enough experience on that board now to recruit the right man - let em get on with it.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:25 pm

I don't even trust Bruce, his sole reason for wanting this job is money, he knows his limitations, he knows he will fail and he knows he will get £2/3million for failing.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:27 pm

4BetLite wrote:It will not be Bruce, if it was, the ink on the contract would be dry by now.

The board need to assess what impact the last 5 managers have had and learn from the failure of every one of them.

We need to go big, the bigger the better (bruce is the fattest not the biggest), break the bloody bank. It doesn't matter if we're top ten in the premiership or where we are now, this is Xia's Villa, not Lerner's Villa and it is still one of the most famous clubs in the world.

There are probably 15 to 20 managers in the game today that are not getable...........make a list of the best of the rest and get whoever is at the top of the list........... make it happen.

I disagree with our own fans that say we ain't the club we used to be, screw that, lets make this club what it should be.......... form is temporary, class is forever.

UTV

Problem with that is in the execution.

If you target and go for (lets say Eddie Howe) you've got to be pretty sure you get your man. Public rebuffs and declines make the situation unmanageable - and it quickly becomes the job 'no one wants' - thats when you end up with steve mclaren.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:28 pm

4BetLite wrote:I don't even trust Bruce, his sole reason for wanting this job is money, he knows his limitations, he knows he will fail and he knows he will get £2/3million for failing.

hes the most prolific manager in getting teams promoted, end of. I think to say he knows he will fail is a bit strange.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:35 pm

smetro wrote:
4BetLite wrote:It will not be Bruce, if it was, the ink on the contract would be dry by now.

UTV

Problem with that is in the execution.

If you target and go for (lets say Eddie Howe) you've got to be pretty sure you get your man. Public rebuffs and declines make the situation unmanageable - and it quickly becomes the job 'no one wants'  - thats when you end up with steve mclaren.

Absolutely mate, but this ain't fox and lerner, these people are professionals. Using Howe and Bouremouth as an example, quality people like Jeff Mostyn do their talking behind closed doors.

It does all depend on who we're dealing with though and it could well go tits up and damage our chances of bringing in a man with the profile and experience that we need as the media love jumping on us right now.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:38 pm

jimbop wrote:
4BetLite wrote:I don't even trust Bruce, his sole reason for wanting this job is money, he knows his limitations, he knows he will fail and he knows he will get £2/3million for failing.

hes the most prolific manager in getting teams promoted, end of. I think to say he knows he will fail is a bit strange.

Its about more then getting promoted Jim, Xia's vision is that and much much more............. the only way I would even entertain him is on a short term contract, give him the opportunity to get us up, with a decent bonus and the knowledge that he will be moved on if we go up.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:47 pm

4BetLite wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Its about more then getting promoted Jim, Xia's vision is that and much much more............. the only way I would even entertain him is on a short term contract, give him the opportunity to get us up, with a decent bonus and the knowledge that he will be moved on if we go up.

agreed mate, to be honest I think anyone who gets us up may well be shown the door to bring a big big name in as I really think Xia will go all out to get us challenging once were back up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:54 pm

sorry wrong thread but really made me chuckle, plenty of time now to go the apple store and sort that self posting phone out http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-aston-villa-defender-rocked-11993266

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:41 pm

My problem with Bruce is the fact that I see no future with him as a manager. If he gets us promoted I can't see us getting anywhere without sacking him first. Thus he can't be the right man for us. And before the "surely getting promoted is the most important thing right now" arguments come, I simply can't believe we can't find a manager that can get us promoted with our budget while at the same time have the potential to develop us in the league we truly belong.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Dr. Tony Xia ‏@Dr_TonyXia 22m22 minutes ago

Updates:We've working hard last week from25to10to3(not as reported)to2.Have to state again that our decision was nothing due to impatience.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Joppe84 wrote:My problem with Bruce is the fact that I see no future with him as a manager. If he gets us promoted I can't see us getting anywhere without sacking him first. Thus he can't be the right man for us. And before the "surely getting promoted is the most important thing right now" arguments come, I simply can't believe we can't find a manager that can get us promoted with our budget while at the same time have the potential to develop us in the league we truly belong.

its because were in the championship geeza, very difficult to attract a big name or someone whom has the potential to carry on in the prem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:50 pm

jimbop wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:My problem with Bruce is the fact that I see no future with him as a manager. If he gets us promoted I can't see us getting anywhere without sacking him first. Thus he can't be the right man for us. And before the "surely getting promoted is the most important thing right now" arguments come, I simply can't believe we can't find a manager that can get us promoted with our budget while at the same time have the potential to develop us in the league we truly belong.

its because were in the championship geeza, very difficult to attract a big name or someone whom has the potential to carry on in the prem

I 100% disagree with that. What you need to do then is to hire potential. Like that bloke at Huddersfield has shown. Or Paul Lambert with Norwich. Or Rowett is showing. Or JG did for us.

Perhaps they will make the step up, but at least then it's a slight chance it can happen. Getting in someone whom you know won't cut it is just depressing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I 100% disagree with that. What you need to do then is to hire potential. Like that bloke at Huddersfield has shown. Or Paul Lambert with Norwich. Or Rowett is showing. Or JG did for us.

Perhaps they will make the step up, but at least then it's a slight chance it can happen. Getting in someone whom you know won't cut it is just depressing.

I see your point

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Xia's twitter feed reads like we've got someone?
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:58 pm

The risk with hiring on potential is that we are already too close to the relegation zone for comfort and we can't afford to not get promoted within 2 seasons
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:01 pm

I'd rather be relegated again if the other option is being another nothing team that never achieves success. If you want success you gotta take the leap.

Bruce might get us promoted in a couple of years, but it also leads to replacing Bruce in the Premier League which puts us back in the same boat with no continuity. He might get teams promoted, but he also leaves them in the shit and they ultimately end up relegated again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next