The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

+35
AVFClee
Trotters
De Kuip
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
ViewFromT2
NARLA24
gdav
villan007
thegaffer6
fastbackace
KMitch
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
smetro
danclare82
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Villa_Dan
big ming
ember
thinlizzy
féliré
avfc85
Thinman
VillaBill
tonyp
The Utterer
banneruk
Synopsis
DelboyVilla
mefromhere
Cha Ching
bruka
Born Under The Holte End
39 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 3 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by Synopsis Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:22 am

Justin Edinburgh been backed into 2nd favourite this morning, now that would be very lerneresque lol
Synopsis
Synopsis

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 3 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by Thinman Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:28 am

Maybe I'm alone in believing this but I'm going nail my colours to the mast on Garde.

I think it would be a disastrous appointment. Not only would he fail to keep us up but he would probably leave the club even earlier than Timbo but by walking away once he realises that the job is too big for him. Frankly by the time he has any understanding of what PL management is all about it would be Christmas and we will still have not reached double figures points wise.

Moyes or Rodgers would be safer options but I doubt if they would be interested.

Don't get me started on Poyet.
Thinman
Thinman

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 am

[quote="Thinman"]Maybe I'm alone in believing this but I'm going nail my colours to the mast on Garde.

Not only would he fail to keep us up [quote]

What are this weeks Lotto numbers ?
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:37 am

Thinman wrote:Maybe I'm alone in believing this but I'm going nail my colours to the mast on Garde.

I think it would be a disastrous appointment. Not only would he fail to keep us up but he would probably leave the club even earlier than Timbo but by walking away once he realises that the job is too big for him. Frankly by the time he has any understanding of what PL management is all about it would be Christmas and we will still have not reached double figures points wise.

Moyes or Rodgers would be safer options but I doubt if they would be interested.

So where do we go? Pearson?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:39 am

No Dan it's the saviour that is Sean Dyche, who's already had relegation battle experience - getting relegated last year.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:05 am

Are we saying managers who have been in a relegation scrap with previous clubs will get us out of this mess 100% or we would feel more confident, that if we had a manager with that experience of getting teams out of this mess we'd be happy?

Theres no assurances that getting a manager with premier league/relegation experience will 100% keep us up, it will feel more realistic cause they’ve done it before but that means nothing.

Tactics Tim had no previous experience in a relegation scrap and pulled it off with less time.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:32 am

The good thing is that our next six premier league matches only include one that you'd be confident that we'd get anything out of, even in a normal season. That allows a few free shots for any new manager before the natives start to get restless.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:33 am

Dgrizzle7 wrote:Are we saying managers who have been in a relegation scrap with previous clubs will get us out of this mess 100% or we would feel more confident, that if we had a manager with that experience of getting teams out of this mess we'd be happy?

Theres no assurances that getting a manager with premier league/relegation experience will 100% keep us up, it will feel more realistic cause they’ve done it before but that means nothing.

Tactics Tim had no previous experience in a relegation scrap and pulled it off with less time.

I believe that if Timbo had joined us earlier, say October/November, then we would have been relegated. Having little time worked in his favour - new manager bounce - which quickly wore off.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 am

bruka wrote:
Thinman wrote:Maybe I'm alone in believing this but I'm going nail my colours to the mast on Garde.

Not only would he fail to keep us up

What are this weeks Lotto numbers ?

The Wednesday numbers are 02 45 23 21 33 22. Bonus 06

Can't promise you will win but I guarantee that if Garde is appointed, we will be relegated.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:45 am

Same can be said for any manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Thinman wrote:The Wednesday numbers are 02 45 23 21 33 22. Bonus 06

Can't promise you will win but I guarantee that if Garde is appointed, we will be relegated.

I'm gonna play them now, can you honestly say that you prefer the alternatives in Pearson, Dyche and urgghh Edinburgh ? I am sick of poor British managers, if we're going to roll the dice again why not try something different.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:12 pm

If those numbers come up....

Trotters
Trotters

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:20 pm

I largely agree Bruka. The definition of madness is always doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Bofore the screams, I'm not advocating anyone as long as they're foreign, but Garde has as many pluses as negatives.

I'm not dismissing prem league experience, but there is a growing list of failed managers with plenty of PL experience. Nobody knows until we try, but with the possible exception of Moyes I don't see anyone on the gettable list who is risk free. And even Moyes isn't. He's often a slow starter and we can't aford that.

Houllier struggled to implement more progressive tactics and coaching. I believe that was largely due to the personnel he inherited from the dinosaur MON. The current crop should be more receptive to that sort of intelligent thinking.

Like I say, no-one can really say how things will pan out. But for the likes of Collymore to say Garde is no different to Sherwood is plainly ludicrous, if not surprising, from this poor man's would be Tony Butler. And people saying we will definately be relegated if we appoint this guy or the other is as silly as it's tiresome. Unless of course they are referring to Gus Poyet!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:32 pm

bruka wrote:
Thinman wrote:The Wednesday numbers are 02 45 23 21 33 22. Bonus 06

I'm gonna play them now, can you honestly say that you prefer the alternatives in Pearson, Dyche and urgghh Edinburgh ? I am sick of poor British managers, if we're going to roll the dice again why not try something different.

Nope, don't like any of those either. Moyes or Rodgers would be my favourites but I should add that whoever takes over have got a real battle on their hands - a lack of PL experience would just be an additional burden too far.

The fact is that severe damage has been done to the quality of the squad by Lerner, Fox and Almstadt - maybe by Sherwood as well. Frankly I think our only hope is to :

- appoint a competent manager with a PL pedigree and

- heavily invest in the squad in January

Do I think the current board will do that ? No.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:40 pm

To be honest the field is so poor you could make a formidable case for against each one.

My preference would be somebody already uk based - the upheaval of moving country added to the weight of a relegation battle is another hurdle an overseas manager would have to overcome.
We don't see the best of a lot of overseas players until the have fully settled ie season 2 , a new manager won't have that buffer.

I will be behind whoever though esp if they can string a few wins together !!!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Okay, so this is what I think is going to happen:

This time next week we will welcome Paul Gascoigne as our new manager, and this is why...............

Lerner, in a desperate bid to claw back the money he wants from the sale of our club, realises we're a busted flush and he's never going to sell and get his £200 million.

So, he sees Paul Gascoigne is 1000:1 odds with BetFred as next Villa manager.

Randy places - anonymously - a £200,000 bet on Gascoigne. 3 days later he appoints him, trousers the £200 million and fucks off back to his hermit cave, never to be seen again.

Gazza takes charge.

Training consists of a sing song consisting of "Fog on the Tyne" and "Bladen Races" and all pasta and chicken is banned at BMH to be replaced by steak pies, lager and spliffs (obviously Gabby & N'Zogbia have been trialing this regime already).

Villa are mathematically relegated by Christmas, but none of us give a fuck as since Gazza took over, entrance to VP has been 50p, with free beer at half time and instead of the Poznan, everyone has to grab the crotch of the person behind them, Vinny Jones style, which in male/male cases will lead to brutal punch ups, and in some male/female cases, weddings.

That's what I think will happen.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:55 pm

De Kuip wrote:Okay, so this is what I think is going to happen:

This time next week we will welcome Paul Gascoigne as our new manager, and this is why...............

Lerner, in a desperate bid to claw back the money he wants from the sale of our club, realises we're a busted flush and he's never going to sell and get his £200 million.

So, he sees Paul Gascoigne is 1000:1 odds with BetFred as next Villa manager.

Randy places - anonymously - a £200,000 bet on Gascoigne. 3 days later he appoints him, trousers the £200 million and fucks off back to his hermit cave, never to be seen again.

Gazza takes charge.

Training consists of a sing song consisting of "Fog on the Tyne" and "Bladen Races" and all pasta and chicken is banned at BMH to be replaced by steak pies, lager and spliffs (obviously Gabby & N'Zogbia have been trialing this regime already).

Villa are mathematically relegated by Christmas, but none of us give a fuck as since Gazza took over, entrance to VP has been 50p, with free beer at half time and instead of the Poznan, everyone has to grab the crotch of the person behind them, Vinny Jones style, which in male/male cases will lead to brutal punch ups, and in some male/female cases, weddings.

That's what I think will happen.

I was about to post the same -
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:56 pm

see - great minds etc ha ha
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Saw us linked with Lucien Favre, that would be an even better appointment than Garde. Turned Borussia Mönchengladbach into a top four team from being in the bottom three and plays high paced attacking football. Sign him up. Or Gazza.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:01 pm

bruka wrote:Saw us linked with Lucien Favre, that would be an even better appointment than Garde. Turned Borussia Mönchengladbach into a top four team from being in the bottom three and plays high paced attacking football. Sign him up. Or Gazza.

Yes - I do wonder if he is a bit out of our league though ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Tell you what - I'd rather have Gazza than Yorke!

I'm intrigued by Garde, but I'd be downright moist if Favre pitched up - that would be a good appointment IMHO.....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:22 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:19 pm

What I don't understand is *IF* the stumbling block for Garde is his backroom staff - why doesn't he come now and his backroom staff join in the near future ?

This reminds me of Houllier, when he couldn't possibly be released from his duties by the French FA - turned out it was an awards ceremony he wanted to attend !

*I say if because TS has only been gone 4 days - and I don't really backroom staff as a stumbling block, assuming they want to come.

** Pete Colley Sky has said Mcdonald will however be in charge for the next 3 games ......I wonder are we waiting for Moyes to be axed - he has a tough run of fixtures....

If newcastle Sack Mclaren, this could really interesting as they have been liked with Garde and Moyes !!!!!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by villan007 Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:22 am

Bit of a myth really the whole PL management thing. He already knows how to manage. He played in the prem for 3 seasons and was pretty much a player coach under wenger. He knows all about the league.

Moyes or Rogers? you can add their PL management to the list of Mcleish, Lambert and Sherwood. British, won nothing, no plan b. It just hasn't worked for us time and time again.

Grade all day long. Young, fresh with ideas. We'll play our way out of this.
villan007

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:20 am

I believe that any new manager is a risk, sometimes even a good manager just isn't a good fit. However I think Garde is a risk worth taking from what I've read and surely we must try something different rather than just continue along the same failed route.

The issue of his back room staff may be a problem that isn't so easily solved as we think. Yes we can most likely throw money at it and come to an agreement with their clubs. However what we are forgetting is the human element. Whilst footballers and managers are generally accepting of the nomadic nature of their jobs largely due to the huge financial rewards. However coaches are not so financially rewarded and are possibly not as career driven as the managers they serve under. So to uproot their families is a much bigger decision for them, particularly as there no guarantees of how long they may be here. Given that there are three of them to decide only adds to the difficulty. Hopefully everything is resolved and they come and help us back to happier times.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next