The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

+35
AVFClee
Trotters
De Kuip
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
ViewFromT2
NARLA24
gdav
villan007
thegaffer6
fastbackace
KMitch
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
smetro
danclare82
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Villa_Dan
big ming
ember
thinlizzy
féliré
avfc85
Thinman
VillaBill
tonyp
The Utterer
banneruk
Synopsis
DelboyVilla
mefromhere
Cha Ching
bruka
Born Under The Holte End
39 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Tough job for KMac. Not just the football but the mentality of the team. For whatever warped reason, they seemed to think Sherwood was OK so it's not like he can lollop in and say "Right, thank fuck that sugarbag has gone, eh?".

Trotters
Trotters

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by achilles Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:06 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
danclare82 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
danclare82 wrote:"He's got a good pedigree as a coach and obviously the hierarchy think he's the man for the job.''
This sentence pretty much confirms it for me.
If he is coming then i should imagine that he will arrive after the Spurs game. He will more than likely be at the Spurs game and be in the Managers position for Tuesday. Just a pure guess on my part.
That is what I think too KMAC has said he'll be in charge for spurs. The time between now and then will be spend getting the coaches i too i'm sure.
That would seem to be the sensible way to do it.....Oh....Wait a minute

Exactly, sensible and Aston Villa equals non-compatible!
achilles
achilles

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:12 pm

SSN just saying that it is expected that Garde WILL BE Aston Villa's new Manager
NARLA24
NARLA24

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:48 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:01 pm

KMac wrote:
"If they're desperate to get them then they'll pay the money."

That's quite a stunning thing to say to the media. I very much doubt that Fox or Lerner will be best pleased. It would seem there's a very deep rift between pitch-side personnel and the clowns in the ivory towers.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:18 pm

Possibly more naivety than anything Trotters. The problem we all have, is because the club has been so badly run, we all instinctively aportion blame on the club for absolutely everything. Mind you as a strategy it's about 99% accurate!

Apparently one of the Lyon coaches has been at the club since he was 5, so to leave would be quite a wrench. If he does come though it would indicate he has a huge belief in Garde, which is encouraging.
DaveAV1

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Trotters wrote:
KMac wrote:

That's quite a stunning thing to say to the media. I very much doubt that Fox or Lerner will be best pleased. It would seem there's a very deep rift between pitch-side personnel and the clowns in the ivory towers.

Spot on

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Sounds to me that before Tim was sacked they were pretty certain Remi would take the job but they hadn't anticipated the issues with back room staff. Can't see KMC saying what he has if Remi isn't having the job
tonyp
tonyp

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Trotters wrote:
KMac wrote:

Just coming on to post that. What a fucking twat thing to say, way to show your boss's hand to an opponent. To be honest, I've never thought highly of him and he has managed to go down in my estimation. However, it is probably illustrative of why he'll never go further than where he has - he's a bear of little brain.  🤦
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Trotters wrote:Yep. But the hierarchy need to ensure they give the "man for the job" the "money for the job" and get him the "Coaches for the job".

The hierarchy also needs to just fuck off asap possible.

They know nothing about football. The club is a laughing stock.
When Fox told us how they had got Paddy Reilly from Liverpool, everyone thought 'whO the fuck is he?' Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 1787200310
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:43 pm

This is all getting rather pathetic!

Presumably Remi had already sounded out his ex-coaches at Lyon before going after any managerial position otherwise it makes absolutely no sense as Remi says that he won't go anywhere without them. Therefore one can assume that the coaches want to join Remi at his next job. On that assumption, as the coaches could resign anyway, Lyon could hold them to their contracts effectively having them on their payroll without doing anything for it but that achieves nothing except ill-will, so it all comes down to what Villa are prepared to offer as compensation!

So just get it done! Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 1015550615
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:12 pm

I wonder how much compensation they're willing to pay up to - how about the cost of relegation? Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 5 226846862
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:30 pm

It's like a game of Monopoly where you have a fiver left and one house on Old Kent Road.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:55 am

I am resigned to relegation this year but if Garde is the man we want & he wants his backroom staff, just get it done Villa, we have wasted a week already.

We really are a pathetic excuse for a club!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:18 am

VillaBill wrote:I am resigned to relegation this year but if Garde is the man we want & he wants his backroom staff, just get it done Villa, we have wasted a week already.

We really are a pathetic excuse for a club!
It would seem to be a done deal according to someone close to the club.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:47 am

Nice one if that's the case Narla. TBH good or bad I just want us moving on ASAP
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:11 am

De Kuip wrote:Nice one if that's the case Narla. TBH good or bad I just want us moving on ASAP

Good to hear, but that is exactly how I feel!
At the moment Villa are going nowhere fast so the quicker something happens the better for everyone concerned.
Probably be announced on Tuesday then after the Spurs game??????
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:58 am

TBH I feel back to where I was at the start of the season; cautiously hopeful. We're not getting hammered. The new signing have shown some potential or (at least) usefulness & I think we're all agreed that we've not yet seen our strongest side playing to suitable tactics & formation.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:39 am

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:TBH I feel back to where I was at the start of the season; cautiously hopeful. We're not getting hammered. The new signing have shown some potential or (at least) usefulness & I think we're all agreed that we've not yet seen our strongest side playing to suitable tactics & formation.

I hope you are right Dion, but to recover from our current position with our run of upcoming fixtures will be a tall order!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:01 pm

Quite honestly in the hole we find ourselves it would be remarkable if we avoided relegation.
I think everyone associated with the club senses an air of inevitability about the whole situation, the previous seasons have just worn us down!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:14 pm

There's something niggling me about all this.

I've got to the point that when the likes of Lerner, Fox, Reilly and Almstandt think that something is the right thing to do then I know, just KNOW that's it's doomed to failure.

Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:21 pm

I think keeping iu up as well as most things in life is a state of mind. The club has an air of failure about it at the moment, that I think we will only shake off permanently when we are sold to the right buyer.

However in the short term, Tom Fox who now seems to be pulling most of the strings, is critical. He has made mistakes, but generally at least we are being run by a proper network of professionals, some who will succeed and some fall by the wayside. But at least there seems to be a proper set up and importantly a buffer between the descision making and Randy Lerner.

Obviously right now the biggest descision is the choice of manager. This may well make or break both the club and Tom Fox. He has taken a risk, if I deed it is Garde, but one which I think on balance is the right choice. Only time will tell. However if an intelligent football man with no loyalties to the club and probably with plenty of other options, thinks this is a "project", sorry horrible term, worth taking then he at least seems to have the right mind set.

Tough task, indeed, but impossible? Not even remotely. There are 28 games in which we need to get 4 more points than other similarly placed teams. If Garde is the man then I believe he will do it comfortably by the end of the season. Only time will tell.

The belief is vital. Crystal Palace were in trouble before Pardew arrived. I'm not a fan by the way and think he will tail off as he always has in the past. However I have frequently heard them described as an established PL team! When did that happen?

It's all in the head and we need to get our collective heads straight and then we can perhaps again dream.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:40 pm

I know two things that are 100% certain.

1) As a club the fans really need to rally in at Villa Park the remainder of this season. We're right in the shit now and a young team with lots of confidence players, a Villa Park without the negativity will be a big big, if not HUGE advantage. And a pissed off Villa Park will be something I'm not sure they can handle well. We had 3000+ travelling to Southampton this week, which is fucking amazing considering how shit we are, but I hope we keep it up. I'll gladly admit these lads are better fans than I will ever be, but it doesn't make me blind to how important it is. Especially now.

2) IF this French lad keeps us up... he really deserves a long time building and some proper investment. I'm so tired of switching managers every other season. Which is why I stuck by Lambert for so long (probably too long, but that's another matter).

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:51 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I know two things that are 100% certain.

1) As a club the fans really need to rally in at Villa Park the remainder of this season. We're right in the shit now and a young team with lots of confidence players, a Villa Park without the negativity will be a big big, if not HUGE advantage. And a pissed off Villa Park will be something I'm not sure they can handle well. We had 3000+ travelling to Southampton this week, which is fucking amazing considering how shit we are, but I hope we keep it up. I'll gladly admit these lads are better fans than I will ever be, but it doesn't make me blind to how important it is. Especially now.

2) IF this French lad keeps us up... he really deserves a long time building and some proper investment. I'm so tired of switching managers every other season. Which is why I stuck by Lambert for so long (probably too long, but that's another matter).

I completely agree, it's just been so hard for us fans as every manager since O'Neill has not shown any constant improvement, we have a spell of a few games then it turns to sh*t very quickly and doesn't ever seem to improve, the manager never seems to have any ideas how to get out and we just spiral downwards.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:10 pm

Terry Derry wrote:It's like a game of Monopoly where you have a fiver left and one house on Old Kent Road.

HAHAHA! Love this (going to steal if it's ok). And it's how I feel about this season; I just cannot see a way out of this mess.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next