The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

+35
AVFClee
Trotters
De Kuip
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
ViewFromT2
NARLA24
gdav
villan007
thegaffer6
fastbackace
KMitch
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
smetro
danclare82
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Villa_Dan
big ming
ember
thinlizzy
féliré
avfc85
Thinman
VillaBill
tonyp
The Utterer
banneruk
Synopsis
DelboyVilla
mefromhere
Cha Ching
bruka
Born Under The Holte End
39 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by Jae1411 Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:15 pm

But if the club want the fans behind the team packing out villa park they need to do something to help us out. I was planning on going to the city game next week but the tickets are £40 each for a televised game on a Sunday. This is completely unrealistic for some people especially given what we've been getting served up for the money. if they want full crowds something needs to give on the prices.
Jae1411

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Joppe and 85 I absolutely agree with what you've both just posted. Hopefully Garde is the first intelligent progressive manager we have had for a long time, who will play football we can enjoy and make the "task" of supporting Aston Villa a pleasure once again. One of the few things that Sherwood got right, was identifying the problem of a loosing mentality. Unfortunately he didn't have a clue how to address the problem. If Remi is a success (we're already on first name terms), and he is joined by an equally intelligent and progressive owner, then the sky is the limit. :)
DaveAV1

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:18 pm

Jae1411 wrote:But if the club want the fans behind the team packing out villa park they need to do something to help us out. I was planning on going to the city game next week but the tickets are £40 each for a televised game on a Sunday. This is completely unrealistic for some people especially given what we've been getting served up for the money. if they want full crowds something needs to give on the prices.

Spot on. Perhaps a new owner may realise the value of the fans and the impact we can have on match days.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Forget Your Friends, Remi. Arsenal Boss Tells Potential Villa Gaffer To Take The Job

Date: 31st October 2015 at 11:10 am
Written by Sam Cox

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 Wenger1

Since the sacking of Tim Sherwood last week, Remi Garde has been the forerunner for the Aston Villa manager’s position.

According to MailOnline, Arsene Wenger has urged the Frenchman to take the job regardless of whether he can ensure his backroom staff follow him.

Villa are currently loitering at the bottom of the table and Garde has made it clear he does not want to take the job unless he can bring Gerard Baticle and Bruno Genesio with him, who are both under contract at Lyon. Garde also wants to add Robert Duverne, who is currently with Metz.

Aston Villa’s current chief executive, and former commercial officer at Arsenal, Tom Fox, is believed to have texted Wenger to ask his opinion on Garde.

When asked about Garde’s potential appointment, Wenger said: “I think they met Remi Garde with the chairman and they made their opinion.

“I don’t think Tom Fox knew Remi Garde. I don’t think he was here at the time but certainly he got some information from people who knew Remi.

“It is a big challenge for him but it is a big opportunity. You do not get 20 opportunities to come to England and at the moment, in Europe, you find 250 managers who want to come to England.”

Garde has previously managed Lyon from 2011 to 2014.

Trotters
Trotters

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:28 pm

Lyon President quoted as saying "If they absolutely want to have them, then they will pay the price!"
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:38 pm

Interesting point just made on Sky. It is wondered whether Garde's demand for his old sparring partners is a test of Villa's commitment as opposed to him actually needing them.

Hopefully that is the case as it will be good evidence for us the fans and show that Garde is his own man and doesn't need emotional support from his old mates.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:39 pm

Trotters wrote:Lyon President quoted as saying "If they absolutely want to have them, then they will pay the price!"

The only thing Lerner is good at, sorting out compensation packages he loves them!
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:40 pm

Be sure Aulas (Lyon President) isn't lying. He's obsessed by money...
He's a very good president, but if you support another team, you just want to kill him with his smile asshole.

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 Aulas
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:43 pm

I thought aulas had said they're not leaving this season full stop. Kmac said if they want them they'll pay
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:52 pm

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 Screen28

Rolling Eyes
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:04 pm

More insiteful stuff from Kendrick. And he actually gets paid to write such drivel........
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by féliré Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:06 pm

Very clever, this Matt Kendrick...Rolling Eyes

Maybe the new manage have already worked in the world of football.
féliré
féliré

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:32 pm

I'm pretty sure that was tongue in cheek from Kendrick.

Maybe I'm on some kind of MDMA flashback from decades ago but I'm really not as pessimistic as some/many Villa fans seem to be about getting out of this mess. Come Monday - and I'm tempting fate here - I don't think any of the teams up to Chelsea are going to be any further away from us than they are now. Certainly not Bournemouth, Norwich and Sunderland.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get a thing ourselves at Spurs but that keeps us at status quo ante. I've said recently we have the players to get out of this but we didn't have the manager to do it and I still believe that. It was the same last season, we were going down under Lamebert's guidance but the were demonstrably able to keep us up.

We have a long way to go and I believe we will pick up plenty of points, getting stronger all the time - assuming Garde is the calibre of manager his reputation suggests. Similarly, I think the season will sap teams like Bournemouth, Norwich, Barcodes and Sunderland.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:41 pm

Garde is probably a good manger but he will take time to adjust to premiership football and we have not that time to give hims. So we need Moyes if he wont come I think somebody like Steve Bruce could do the job. I know he is an ex Birmingham manger and he went down with Hull last season but I think its only guys like him that could grind our results and keep us up. Big Sam was the perfect man but we left it too late to grab him.
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:38 pm

I've read a fair bit about Garde, largely written earlier in the year when he was being touted for the Newcastle job. All the pundits seemed to think that this would be a marvellous idea. No mention of him having no PL experience or suggestions that it would be mad to over look Alan Curbishley or other fantastic British managers like Tony Mowbray.

The media hate the Midlands in general and as the areas only true big club, they love nothing more than kicking us when we're down. I think more than one or two of them are concerned that this could be a great move for us and that certainly won't do.

One of them once reported that we won the league in 1981 and went on to be Champions of Europe the following year. However he was sacked and ostracised eventually hounded out of the country and now lives in the outer Hebridies with three sheep and a dog called Saunders.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:10 pm

It was faintly gratifying to hear at least one of the pundits, Keown, break ranks today and sail into the face of the Sherwoodisagoodmanagerandshouldhavebeebgivenmoretimehehadnomoneytospendallvillasbestplayersweresold hot air that's become gale force so many assholes are spouting it.

Some squeaky little rat was spouting the same old refrain and Keown pipes up with, "Hold on, has he even won a game this season? Oh yeah, one" He went on to be pretty complimentary about Garde and I hop he's right.

[startkeegan] I'd love it if Garde turned out to be our Wenger. Love it. The press and pundits would be sick as fuck. [/endkeegan]

Average pundit if we do well:

ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:08 pm

Love it mate. If Remi does well the joy will have the added bonus of watching those tosspots grovel and choke on their words when they all claim they knew he would be a good choice. Fair play to Martin Keown.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:10 pm

By the way that guy bares remarkable likeness to Timmy S. :)
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:31 pm

I have just read elsewhere an opinion that "the current owner/board have failed to select a decent progressive Manager four attempts".
(Can´t count O´Neil as he was Deadly,s work). Difficult to know how Houllier might have worked out, but it was not looking good when he had his heart problems.

The point is, who can have any faith in virtually anyone they select going forward?
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm

To be fair to Fox he's only made one appointment so far. His mistake was not doing this in the summer, but how many of us in all honesty weren't happy with keeping Timmy and the transfer window in general? I'd suggest not many. I certainly have to put my hands up to being conned by Timmy.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:41 pm

Tony Daley has retweeted from Prepared PR, Remi Garde has agreed a three and a half year deal and the club are confident of agreeing compo for the 2 Lyon coaches.

I've no idea of the reliability of the initial tweet but Tony Daley retweeted it.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:34 pm

Wait until H&V CONFIRM it.
That will be several hours after everyone else knows it.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:35 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Tony Daley has retweeted from Prepared PR, Remi Garde has agreed a three and a half year deal and the club are confident of agreeing compo for the 2 Lyon coaches.

I've no idea of the reliability of the initial tweet but Tony Daley retweeted it.

That is good if it is all true and of course Villa are confident of getting all the coaches, as we all know in the world we live in 'Money talks'!
achilles
achilles

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:52 pm

God I want this to work out so bad. I hope this Garde and these coaches are the second coming. I just want 4 victories on the trot. Make me believe a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:01 am

Would be nice if he pulled a Sherwood and influenced the Spurs result our way. 

Mainly because I'm going, I'm not hopeful of a result at all so it'd be nice!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next