The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

+35
AVFClee
Trotters
De Kuip
Dgrizzle7
Dions_Bald_Head
ViewFromT2
NARLA24
gdav
villan007
thegaffer6
fastbackace
KMitch
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
smetro
danclare82
UnclePanda
Jae1411
Villa_Dan
big ming
ember
thinlizzy
féliré
avfc85
Thinman
VillaBill
tonyp
The Utterer
banneruk
Synopsis
DelboyVilla
mefromhere
Cha Ching
bruka
Born Under The Holte End
39 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by NARLA24 Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:05 am

Sky Sports News already outside BMH. Could be an early announcement
NARLA24
NARLA24

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 Empty Re: Leading Contender:- Remi Garde

Post by FoxyAV Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:04 am

DaveAV1 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:Good stuff, I'm behind him until he gives me reason not to be. Let's hope this signing works and he's been promised a nice large shining pile of gold for the January window.

Just had a boy on Friday morning btw, George. His mother was in labour for 33 hours and didn't once complain about the pain until we persuaded her she needed an epidural! It got worse though, but she was amazing and I'm still in shock from it all. I'm obviously a very proud dad and husband, and hopefully they will come home tomorrow and he can watch his first Villa match on the telly.

Huge congratulations to you, your wife and little George! Welcome to your new life. I became a dad for the first time 15 months ago to a wonderful little girl, Ellie. It's like bringing Messi on, a genuine game changer :). Fantastic news well done, especially to your wife. Let's face it you and George just showed up, perhaps you should have called him Gabby? :)

Thank you! The wife turned down all my name suggestions, I particularly liked Tiberious and Jochen (as in Rindt).
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:07 am

FoxyAV wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:Good stuff, I'm behind him until he gives me reason not to be. Let's hope this signing works and he's been promised a nice large shining pile of gold for the January window.

Just had a boy on Friday morning btw, George. His mother was in labour for 33 hours and didn't once complain about the pain until we persuaded her she needed an epidural! It got worse though, but she was amazing and I'm still in shock from it all. I'm obviously a very proud dad and husband, and hopefully they will come home tomorrow and he can watch his first Villa match on the telly.

Huge congratulations to you, your wife and little George! Welcome to your new life. I became a dad for the first time 15 months ago to a wonderful little girl, Ellie. It's like bringing Messi on, a genuine game changer :). Fantastic news well done, especially to your wife. Let's face it you and George just showed up, perhaps you should have called him Gabby? :)

Thank you! The wife turned down all my name suggestions, I particularly liked Tiberious and Jochen (as in Rindt).
Congratulations fella.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:24 am

NARLA24 wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:

Congratulations fella.

Congrats to you and the missus Foxy - all the best for the future with George (although I prefer Tiberius - definitely the most mental car on Rumble Racing - Ahh the good old days of PS2....)

Beer Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 3769219917 Beer
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:49 am

The current top 9 teams in the PL all have foreign managers, with only Watford 11th and Chelsea 15th outside the top half. So you can see why the "pundits" are all screaming for a British manager for Villa, they bloody hate us! That or they're all totally brainless, or both.....
DaveAV1

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:07 am

Congratulations Foxy and as Dave says it is most definitely a game changer, as all of a sudden it is not just the two of you!

When my daughter-in-law had her first and only child she said she would never go through that pain again!  

All the very best again and hope that your wife recovers well and little George is healthy. Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 3769219917

Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:11 am

DaveAV1 wrote:The current top 9 teams in the PL all have foreign managers, with only Watford 11th and Chelsea 15th outside the top half. So you can see why the "pundits" are all screaming for a British manager for Villa, they bloody hate us! That or they're all totally brainless, or both.....

Not sure it's cos 'they hate us'...I think the fact we ditched their golden boy has irked a few of them!

Particularly the TalkSport gobshites like Saggers....he was saying Sherwood is England manager material in the summer....the twit....and he hasn't stopped putting the boot in since!

Danny Murphy is another one...said this morning Garde would be a huge gamble, he said the exact same thing about Klopp going to Liverpool!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:48 am

Well ok hate is a strong word. I'll settle for they're all brainless and stealing a living :).

Our very own Mr Collymore, if he is one of ours, is becoming as annoying as he is stupid. Sherwood lost a cup final and Garde has only won one, so they're the same. Therefore we should get Moyes who has won........
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:11 am

If a Moyes-type came in & we were relegated pundits would say it's because the owners should have got someone progressive; if we're relegated with Remi then it'll because the owners took a huge gamble.

They are always right & while they're apt to blame fickle fans & uncaring owners, they're usually more understanding towards players & managers who should be given more time/support.

We're now officially stamped with the 'poor' grade which resets everyone's expectations & brings an element of the underdog to our game which may prove handy. The important thing not to lose sight of is that we haven't been losing games by big margins (unlike a certain team managed by a certain Big manager labelled a potential saviour). Let the games begin....

Scarf Waving Popcorn Scarf Waving

Last edited by Dions_Bald_Head on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : *manager - managed)
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:31 am

Congrats foxy.

All the best to you an the famo fella.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:36 am

I'm looking forward thtis appointment tbh, a similar feeling when Mon was se to sign.

UTV!!!!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:44 am

Does anyone know when this will be made official? If Garde is going to be at WHL tonight they won't want to leave it too late, if the intention is to have a press conference today of course.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:19 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Does anyone know when this will be made official? If Garde is going to be at WHL tonight they won't want to leave it too late, if the intention is to have a press conference today of course.

I wouldn't have thought it would be made public till after the game tonight, possible tomorrow as it detracts from the importance of tonight's game but what do I know!

Fully expect Remi to be watching the game tonight whatever his official position is!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:37 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Does anyone know when this will be made official? If Garde is going to be at WHL tonight they won't want to leave it too late, if the intention is to have a press conference today of course.

BBC Sport are saying that it will be officially announced on Monday. Doesn't mean they are right, but that's what they are reporting, so perhaps something today?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Typical Villa. Everyone else has the news and Villa are sitting on it.

Like giving a kid a Xmas present that he's specifically asked for and knows he's got.

Foxy...many congrats to you and the missus. Fantastic news!!! Dead pleased for you. A belated well done to DaveAV1 for his sterling efforts also. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:18 pm

I am seeing a positive and vibrant feeling aired with caution around from us Villans, i have been in the cautious camp but feeling more and more excited by the news Garde is to become our manager officially, is the excitement a false dawn as usual, i hope not so i will be as gullable as ever and start waving my French flag round the house i think, sod it! Scarf Waving
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Thanks Trotters, but the effort was all down to the wife. Well apart from the fun bit :)
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Did he bring his full staff or are we still negotiating for the others. Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:51 pm

God help him, he will need a team of miracle workers to get out of this mess!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 pm

If we play the likes of Ayew, Gil, Gueye, Veretout and Amavi with an intelligent manager who can field a good team and adapt it to the game at hand then we have a chance. Garde is either that manager or the kind who plays the likes of Lescott, Richardson and Gabby, and we go down. If we have the funds to reinforce where necessary in January and Garde gets the team playing good football and doesn't mess around with the starting 11 too much then I think we can pull out of it.

And thank you all for your kind words about baby George. He and his mother are now home and he's witnessed what we can only hope is the last Villa match with the old guard starting just because they're more experienced than the players that should be on the pitch.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Leading Contender:- Remi Garde  - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum