The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+55
DaveAV1
avfc85
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
mefromhere
FoxyAV
KMitch
Mazrim
Villa_Dan
gdale1
B62 Villa
South London Villan
ellisout123
NARLA24
VTID85
4BetLite
WendyOz
The Great white walnut
Trotters
thegaffer6
avfcjoe
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
jeffvilla
Cha Ching
Jae1411
James_Curtis
bazzah
danclare82
EbeneezerGoode
Leafs1201
Villa Ranger
DN1982
ViewFromT2
big ming
GadgetMan
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
Mr_Spadge
Stratfordvilla
Army villain
DomAVFC
Dgrizzle7
Con
AstonThriller
Dansvilla75
villabromsgrove
gdav
Villa jimmy
Born Under The Holte End
Nath11
Saunders82
TED
Keyser Soze
fastbackace
VillaSteve
59 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:33 am

Apparently Tim was at the Wolves V QPR match last night? Who was he watching then? Afobe or Austin or both? I think they both scored as well.

I would be happy with either of them.
DelboyVilla

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:45 am

KMitch wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Not sure if anyone watches any of the MLS at all?

I saw some of the New York City FC v DC United game the other day, NYC have a proper beast up front, from Ghana...Kwadwo Poku....I was really impressed with him. Surprised he hasn't been linked to any EPL sides, looked tailor made for the league from what I saw....and he is proper rapid.

Fantastic prospect.  I don't watch a lot of MLS, but I did catch Pirlo's debut for NYC, and Poku really caught my eye that match.  I believe he scored a goal, set up an assist, and beat the offside trap a few times.  That match had Pirlo, Kaka, and David Villa all on the pitch and Poku was in the same class as they were.  

How good does he look! He has everything and doesn't look selfish either.

Maybe he's been approached but likes the U.S. Of American lifestyle and won't move? Who knows but I think Sherwood should throw some money at him and see what happens.

Fantastic looking player!
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:54 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Apparently Tim was at the Wolves V QPR match last night? Who was he watching then? Afobe or Austin or both? I think they both scored as well.

Austin doesn't fit in with the way we operate financially.

With Gabby and Ayew on the books, I cant see Afobe being a realistic target. I'd swap him for Gabby though Very Happy

I thing TS was just there to see his mate Ramsey and watch a game of footy.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:57 am

Is Sherwood married? If so, I cannot imagine his bread knife being happy with him spending all day at football, all weekend at football then fucking off midweek to watch football just for the hell of it.

Nah...he was there for a reason, the sneaky fucker.
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:30 am

4BetLite wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:Apparently Tim was at the Wolves V QPR match last night? Who was he watching then? Afobe or Austin or both? I think they both scored as well.

Austin doesn't fit in with the way we operate financially.

With Gabby and Ayew on the books, I cant see Afobe being a realistic target. I'd swap him for Gabby though Very Happy

I thing TS was just there to see his mate Ramsey and watch a game of footy.

But we need a striker that actually scores goals? Ayew is still new to the league so we will give him the benefit of doubt but Gabby has proved over the past few seasons that he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo so we need to replace him and fill the hole left by CB? Austin scores goals is 26 but seems to have a dodgy medical record but it didn't stop him scoring 18 league goals last season? Also compared to Vlaar he is the man of steel but we still offered Vlaar a contract?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:39 am

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, NO NO NO...............

Gabby is one of the best strikers in the world, we had a genuine footy expert on here yesterday, I think Deano69 rates him as highly as Messi and Ronaldo, he's just never been given a chance.

I think Austin would score for us but I just don't think it will happen. But we need goals and although the guys we have will gel and do it, we need goals now, so I wouldn't be apposed to the idea.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:47 am

A quick summary of what's going around:

Birmingham Mail/Daily Star reporting that Kieran Richardson could return to Sunderland for £2m.: CLICK

Villa looking at another LB CLICK

Jolean Lescott anyone? CLICK

A new centre back (Álvaro Domínguez Soto) from Spain? CLICK
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:48 am

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 1558371468
Trotters wrote:
KMitch wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Not sure if anyone watches any of the MLS at all?

I saw some of the New York City FC v DC United game the other day, NYC have a proper beast up front, from Ghana...Kwadwo Poku....I was really impressed with him. Surprised he hasn't been linked to any EPL sides, looked tailor made for the league from what I saw....and he is proper rapid.

Fantastic prospect.  I don't watch a lot of MLS, but I did catch Pirlo's debut for NYC, and Poku really caught my eye that match.  I believe he scored a goal, set up an assist, and beat the offside trap a few times.  That match had Pirlo, Kaka, and David Villa all on the pitch and Poku was in the same class as they were.  

How good does he look! He has everything and doesn't look selfish either.

Maybe he's been approached but likes the U.S. Of American lifestyle and won't move? Who knows but I think Sherwood should throw some money at him and see what happens.

Fantastic looking player!

Not to put a dampener on things but Bradley Wright Phillips kills it in the MLS!!!
DN1982

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Tweet from a Football Ralph saying we have bid 13m for Austin. Prob BS but thought i'd share
danclare82
danclare82

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:12 pm

What a window if we get him!
Half a season to get everyone clicking. Another half season of climbing up the table. This time next year we'll have farmed out ALL of the dross, maybe gotten in a couple more quality players and we're heading for Europe, I reckon.

Net spend is what exactly?

Sherwood may yet turn out to be a shit manager but you have to give him credit for being able to pump no shortage of enthusiasm into a club that's done its level best to piss fans off, done the worst PR job imaginable and generally left the fans wandering what's going on.

Bravo sir. Bravo.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:17 pm

I'd be well chuffed if we got Austin. I just didn't want to ONLY get Austin
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:26 pm

Trotters wrote:Net spend is what exactly?

With the Adama Traore deal at an estimated £7M, then according to TransferLeague.com, I make it roughly plus £5M net spend.

We recouped around £45M with the sales of Benteke, Sylla, Weiman, Lowton and Fibian and had spent around £43M prior to the Traore deal.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Bacuna new 5 year contract
danclare82
danclare82

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Villa Ranger wrote:

With the Adama Traore deal at an estimated £7M, then according to TransferLeague.com, I make it roughly plus £5M net spend.

We recouped around £45M with the sales of Benteke, Sylla, Weiman, Lowton and Fibian and had spent around £43M prior to the Traore deal.

I did the same maths and agree with this. What does Lerner normally give us to spend? £20m? That means £13m for Austin is around right
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:04 pm

danclare82 wrote:Bacuna new 5 year contract

Great squad player for the right side of the pitch. I'm happy with this, but I still think we need a better RB to start ahead of him.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Anyone predicting half of this activity would have been locked up.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Villa Ranger wrote:

I did the same maths and agree with this. What does Lerner normally give us to spend? £20m? That means £13m for Austin is around right

he mite even break bank and sign lescott too!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:07 pm

KMitch wrote:

Great squad player for the right side of the pitch. I'm happy with this, but I still think we need a better RB to start ahead of him.

Ive never know so many 5 year contacts to be handed out
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:16 pm

danclare82 wrote:
KMitch wrote:

Surely must be something to do with what happened with the snake, securing everyone up on long term deals to get a decent price for them if they move on in a season or two, either that or Randy, Tim & Tom are smoking the waccy baccy.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:17 pm

danclare82 wrote:
KMitch wrote:

Two possible reasons for me, one is to give us one or two years to get this team to gel and get us established in the mid-table before the richer teams try to buy our best players, the other is for resale value when they do come knocking after a year or two. I like it though, gives the team stability.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:27 pm

I wonder if austin will be given a 5y year one lol!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:36 pm

South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:39 pm

danclare82 wrote:I wonder if austin will be given a 5y year one lol!
If we sign Lescott and Austin i will break down into total ecstasy. Did that in the late eighties and all of the nineties, not because of the football you understand Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NARLA24
NARLA24

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Lescott's best days are behind him, I'd prefer to see Clark and Okore given opportunities than pick up a player on his way down.

Now Austin I could get behind, surprised no one has scooped him up yet this summer.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:58 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:Lescott's best days are behind him, I'd prefer to see Clark and Okore given opportunities than pick up a player on his way down.

Now Austin I could get behind, surprised no one has scooped him up yet this summer.
The amount of negativity i've read today on various sites / facebook about Austin amazes me. The guy scores 30 odd goals in 60 games for a rubbish QPR team and would imo smash it for us but apparently he's not worth it. Crazy
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next