The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+55
DaveAV1
avfc85
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
mefromhere
FoxyAV
KMitch
Mazrim
Villa_Dan
gdale1
B62 Villa
South London Villan
ellisout123
NARLA24
VTID85
4BetLite
WendyOz
The Great white walnut
Trotters
thegaffer6
avfcjoe
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
jeffvilla
Cha Ching
Jae1411
James_Curtis
bazzah
danclare82
EbeneezerGoode
Leafs1201
Villa Ranger
DN1982
ViewFromT2
big ming
GadgetMan
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
Mr_Spadge
Stratfordvilla
Army villain
DomAVFC
Dgrizzle7
Con
AstonThriller
Dansvilla75
villabromsgrove
gdav
Villa jimmy
Born Under The Holte End
Nath11
Saunders82
TED
Keyser Soze
fastbackace
VillaSteve
59 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Austin is well worth £13m, not sure he's worth the wages reported by the press. 

But I'm convinced there's something else behind the scenes stopping him being sold. His goal record is too good for it to have dragged on this long without there being something
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Sherwood could always have been at the Wolves/QPR match last night to look at both Afobe and Austin. They could solve our goal scoring problem in one fell swoop, with Ayew and Gabby providing competition and Gestede providing sheer size!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Just checked - Austin has played 41, 37, 31 and 35 games for the last 4 seasons. 

If there is a concern about his physical condition I'd say it was negligible
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:54 pm

I'd have Austin all day long. He'd score a lot of goals with the likes of Grealish & Traore in our team. Easily 15 goals a year in him.
gdav
gdav

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:08 pm

bazzah

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:22 pm

I didn't want Austin in June, when everyone under the sun was linking us to him, because:

- He's English, therefore overpriced
- He's very overpriced for someone so unspectacular
- Has a list of dubious injuries and has apparently failed at least one medical because of them
- He's unspectacular in every way (not a great athlete, not fast, etc) except for scoring goals
- He screams of such a MON/McLeish/Sunderland signing
- Sherwood hadn't signed anyone else at that time, so if he signed Austin, all the stereotypes we had about who he would sign (English or ex-Spurs) would be true.

Now, I really don't care. I'm thrilled with this window, and if Sherwood wants Charlie Austin, I'd welcome him with open arms.
KMitch
KMitch

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Lol. We already have one overpaid shitty winger who dribbles down blind alleys and has an attitude problem. He's called Charles N'Zogbia. This is a ridiculously lazy link.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:07 pm

Austin will score goals, the stats on games played over the last 4 seasons show that Hull possibly use a dodgy Doctor.

Wages, I do think that some of what is reported is posturing by agents but if that is what he can get good luck to him, if he gets us 20+ goals then he is worth it.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:46 am

danclare82 wrote:
The amount of negativity i've read today on various sites / facebook about Austin amazes me. The guy scores 30 odd goals in 60 games for a rubbish QPR team and would imo smash it for us but apparently he's not worth it. Crazy

There are so many misery-arses about on social media it's unreal. Just this morning on twatter I was reading this Villa fan saying he's not impressed nor the least bit excited by Grealish or the Traore signing. Grealish done fuck all and why get excited about a B-grade Spanish player when he's proved absolutely nothing.

Ok, I can understand that these kids have to prove themselves but how can you not be impressed by the statement of intent this club has made? How can you not be sat up a few inches closer to your TV than you were this time last year?

Lambert copied and pasted his job year in, year out and, in my view, was stealing a living. Sherwood is no copier & paster....he's got his own ideas and his own way of doing things.

How can you NOT be excited?
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:38 am

Trotters wrote:
danclare82 wrote:
The amount of negativity i've read today on various sites / facebook about Austin amazes me. The guy scores 30 odd goals in 60 games for a rubbish QPR team and would imo smash it for us but apparently he's not worth it. Crazy

There are so many misery-arses about on social media it's unreal. Just this morning on twatter I was reading this Villa fan saying he's not impressed nor the least bit excited by Grealish or the Traore signing. Grealish done fuck all and why get excited about a B-grade Spanish player when he's proved absolutely nothing.

Ok, I can understand that these kids have to prove themselves but how can you not be impressed by the statement of intent this club has made? How can you not be sat up a few inches closer to your TV than you were this time last year?

Lambert copied and pasted his job year in, year out and, in my view, was stealing a living. Sherwood is no copier & paster....he's got his own ideas and his own way of doing things.

That would be the condition called TED
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:50 am

lol! lol! lol!
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:14 am

Terminal Excitement Deprivation?

Trashing Every Deal?

Trashing Every Detail?

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:47 am

Technically Encouraged Departure ?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:49 am

Trotters wrote:

When was the last time we had ONE single player that could get you off your seat with excitement, let alone 2 or maybe even 3 players who, potentially, can create a piece of magic from nothing. Jack, Gil and Traore will come good, maybe not for a couple of months but when they hit their rhythm then I'm sure with Gestede or whoever else up top we will truly have an exciting front line for the first time since Milner, Downing and Young.
avfcjay

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:57 am

I'm not too keen on Austin due to his injuries. If he was 100% fit with a normal injury record I would like to sign him, but right now I feel £ 12 million for Benik Afobe would be a lot more interesting.

Austin would bring a lot more in terms of height and strength though, so in that sense he would be a smart signing. But surely TS can spot another gem in Europe for half the fee, half the injury records and better resale value?

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:45 am

Since Afobe is recently of Arsenal, you would think that we should have some decent info on the guy, so our interest if true, comes with a pretty good idea of what he can do. The sticking point is Wolves not wanting to sell but since when did we want to sell any of our best players?

It's down to the player. If he wants a move then if we make an attractive offer then a deal could be done. If we can include N'Zogbia, not that I'm sure that would make the deal attractive to Wolves, then that's even better. I doubt Wolves would want/afford N'Zogbia's wages though.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:44 am

DaveAV1 wrote:Since Afobe is recently of Arsenal, you would think that we should have some decent info on the guy, so our interest if true, comes with a pretty good idea of what he can do. The sticking point is Wolves not wanting to sell but since when did we want to sell any of our best players?

It's down to the player. If he wants a move then if we make an attractive offer then a deal could be done. If we can include N'Zogbia, not that I'm sure that would make the deal attractive to Wolves, then that's even better. I doubt Wolves would want/afford N'Zogbia's wages though.

Since we'll be paying his wages for the rest of this year anyway I'm sure we can work out a way to grease the wheels! Would they be interested in Tonev too? He's a cracking player, they'll love him.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:51 am

Excellent idea Foxy. If only we'd thought of this earlier, we could have restocked their entire team!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:00 am

DaveAV1 wrote:Excellent idea Foxy. If only we'd thought of this earlier, we could have restocked their entire team!

I can't help think we're being too negative about these players like Tonev and N'Zogbia, truly excellent footballers who have either fallen foul of the manager's irrational team selections which put them (with all their experience, they've both represented their countries!) in the pecking order below teenagers or were bought by our great and forward-looking club to prevent our rivals benefiting from their remarkable talent. It's our duty to tell the world how excellent they are, how they'll transform their teams, how their wages are a fair reflection of their true worth and how Aston Villa are doing them a favour letting them go. No, we really are.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:54 am

FoxyAV wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:Excellent idea Foxy. If only we'd thought of this earlier, we could have restocked their entire team!

I can't help think we're being too negative about these players like Tonev and N'Zogbia, truly excellent footballers who have either fallen foul of the manager's irrational team selections which put them (with all their experience, they've both represented their countries!) in the pecking order below teenagers or were bought by our great and forward-looking club to prevent our rivals benefiting from their remarkable talent. It's our duty to tell the world how excellent they are, how they'll transform their teams, how their wages are a fair reflection of their true worth and how Aston Villa are doing them a favour letting them go. No, we really are.
Excellent old chap. Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 1815562058
NARLA24
NARLA24

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:59 am

Yeah and Tonev isn't a racist, it was all a terrible misunderstanding by the brown gentleman
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:14 am

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 498107619 Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 10 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:07 pm

He obviously saw "Proud History" and the picture of club mascot "Darkie" and just rolled with it.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Gardner new 3 year contract. Will we see him this season?
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:42 pm

The physio will. 

I'm hoping this is Gary's year. Finally. Because if it's not then I suspect that'll be that. But he lit Forest up last season and they just loved him for it. He'll get his chance at some point and just burn the opposition to the ground!

Or he'll be in the physio's office.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next