The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:53 am

smetro wrote:Am I the only one who thinks theres still a reasonable chance we start the season still under Lerners ownership ?

I hope so. It's not even a reasonale chance, in my opinion. It's a very remote chance.

If we start next season with Lerner still in charge it's down to one of two things:

1. The bidder found something in the books they found distasteful.
2. Lerner moves the goalposts in the 11th hour.

Outside of those two, I'll say now that there's zero chance of the club being owned by Randy for much longer.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:55 am

Looking back, if the Chinese are as Anglo-pile as is being made out, it would explain why Lerner seemed to be a shiny happy people holding hands with Wills at the FA Cup final. It was all about showing Party X the high-brow advantages of owning us.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:06 am

Trotters wrote:Looking back, if the Chinese are as Anglo-pile as is being made out, it would explain why Lerner seemed to be a shiny happy people holding hands with Wills at the FA Cup final. It was all about showing Party X the high-brow advantages of owning us.

The Chinese are incredibly Anglophile people, They love our products they love our brands and they love the Royal family, I would be highly shocked if its not a Chinese group that completes the takeover of Villa especially given the marketing & branding opportunities they would open up to over a billion people in Asia.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:09 am

smetro wrote:Am I the only one who thinks theres still a reasonable chance we start the season still under Lerners ownership ?

I'm the same as you. I was only born in '92 but for as long as I can really remember, we've always been the punchline to a horribly unfunny joke. We had a nice break finishing 6th with O'Neill but even in 09 we blew the CL after being about 10 points clear. Maybe it's just the horrific crap we've been browbeaten with the last 5 years but I keep fearing the worst rather than hoping for the best these days!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:14 am

From a commercial/marketing perspective, the Chinese would get more miles out of us than just about anyone else. The American soccerball market will be huge but it's a slow dripping tap whereas the Chinese market, despite it being likely that most of the tat would be rip offs that earn the club nothing, would be a firehose...

...provided the club is hugely successful. We have the history, we have the name, we have 3/4 of the stadium. All that's missing now is some silverware and Beiing Red 4 Lyf will turn claret and blue. Without that success, we're an empty vessel.

Exciting times.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:22 am

Whoever the new owners are and wherever they come from the Chinese market will be targeted.
Americans are Anglophiles as well and with our high brow connections & fans, HRH, David Cameron, Mervyn King we would be able to open some doors to any future owner who wants a vehicle to get close to higher echelons of British Society.
Anglophiles lap up all the history and one thing we have is a proud history.
I cannot believe that any future owner would not invest in the squad and they will also be keen to start that process as soon as possible so I suspect any owner, either from the East or West, will want to have the sale concluded before July 1st and the transfer window opening.
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:34 am

We all agree Tom Fox must know who's been granted exclusivity, for him to then say they will struggle to invest as much as Lerner has into the club and he hopes but doubts Lerner will stay then it's time to take off our claret and blue tinted glasses. The new guys won't be billionaires will they? Maybe someone who just about raised the asking price? Paul Smith and Tony Adams?
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:37 am

Keyser Soze wrote:We all agree Tom Fox must know who's been granted exclusivity, for him to then say they will struggle to invest as much as Lerner has into the club and he hopes but doubts Lerner will stay then it's time to take off our claret and blue tinted glasses. The new guys won't be billionaires will they?  Maybe someone who just about raised the asking price? Paul Smith and Tony Adams?

Those snippets we from early yesterday. I think they were takentotally out of context - for example when he said 'hopes he will stay' - he talking about Benteke...IIRC
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 am

I took what he said to mean they'll struggle to lose as much as Randy has. And let's face it, with the new TV money and no chance of signing Habib Beye or Marlon Fucking Harewood again on a kings ransom each week, then I just can't see anyone losing the kind of stupid money Randy has without anyway of writing that loss off elsewhere like the Man City owners do.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:42 am

Keyser Soze wrote:We all agree Tom Fox must know who's been granted exclusivity, for him to then say they will struggle to invest as much as Lerner has into the club and he hopes but doubts Lerner will stay then it's time to take off our claret and blue tinted glasses. The new guys won't be billionaires will they?  Maybe someone who just about raised the asking price? Paul Smith and Tony Adams?

Keyser, why do you keep bringing up the Smith/Adams link? What is it that you see? Do you have an in or are you trying to stimulate debate?
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:42 am

Trotters wrote:I took what he said to mean they'll struggle to lose as much as Randy has. And let's face it, with the new TV money and no chance of signing Habib Beye or Marlon Fucking Harewood again on a kings ransom each week, then I just can't see anyone losing the kind of stupid money Randy has without anyway of writing that loss off elsewhere like the Man City owners do.

I also think it was TF reminding people how much cash lerner has put into Aston Villa. A Throwaway comment - I don't think it has any bearing on the wealth of our new owners...(if there are any ?)
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:48 am

Verbal: Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that… he is gone.

South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:48 am

Whilst some people are permanently negative, that's fair enough, I do feel that some people, who are apparently fans, don't actually like anything about AVFC. And that I find baffling.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:57 am

Been reported on numerous occasions by various media outlets that it's not the Paul Smith consortium. I think it's safe to say it's not that particular group that has been granted exclusivity.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:23 am

You could interpret his words as "struggle to waste as much as Lerner"
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 am

Suits wrote:

Been reported on numerous occasions by various media outlets that it's not the Paul Smith consortium. I think it's safe to say it's not that particular group that has been granted exclusivity.

It's not Paul Smith, they're not in the running presently. I have the same fears as everyone else about them being owners, but it's not a concern anymore.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:35 am

Jamie Gray wrote:
Suits wrote:

It's not Paul Smith, they're not in the running presently. I have the same fears as everyone else about them being owners, but it's not a concern anymore.
O.K I will breath a sigh of relief, its just after all this time they are the only names to admit interest. without trying to get anyone in trouble is your dad helping out in the purchase.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:42 am

Trotters wrote:I took what he said to mean they'll struggle to lose as much as Randy has. And let's face it, with the new TV money and no chance of signing Habib Beye or Marlon Fucking Harewood again on a kings ransom each week, then I just can't see anyone losing the kind of stupid money Randy has without anyway of writing that loss off elsewhere like the Man City owners do.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 1662365926 the early years.

Last edited by Dgrizzle7 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:43 am

ONeil spunked a lot of money away did he not? I seem to remember that the players wage bill during his tenure at the club was 95% of total club turnover!! No one is going to let that happen again surely ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:50 am

not just saying this people (due to my obsession of larry Ellison) my pal is on another site and someone on there whom never claims to know anything is very sure its larry Ellison!! jesus christ if it is were laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:53 am

jimbop wrote:not just saying this people (due to my obsession of larry Ellison) my pal is on another site and someone on there whom never claims to know anything is very sure its larry Ellison!! jesus christ if it is were laughing

As much as I'd love that I think it's someone on the wind up. Things like that just don't happen to Villa.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:57 am

Think that is a wind up to be honest. Ellison ? Dreamland
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:02 am

With the exception of maybe one person I don't think anyone on here or on any other forum knows the name of the prospective buyer.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:04 am

Suits wrote:With the exception of maybe one person I don't think anyone on here or on any other forum knows the name of the prospective buyer.

Agreed.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:06 am

Suits wrote:
jimbop wrote:not just saying this people (due to my obsession of larry Ellison) my pal is on another site and someone on there whom never claims to know anything is very sure its larry Ellison!! jesus christ if it is were laughing

As much as I'd love that I think it's someone on the wind up. Things like that just don't happen to Villa.

I know matey, more than likely is, but im gonna believe it for a few hours and dream Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next