The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:06 am

It's 100% NOT Paul Smith & Associates, I don't doubt for 1 second they were an interested party but for all media outlets to report they aren't the party granted exclusivity I am strong in the belief they either A- Don't have enough funds or B- Are simply not in the same league as the Chinese & American consortium's.

I have said it before that it would make real sense for a Chinese bidder to be the preferred choice on several grounds.

1- Birmingham has one of the highest Chinese populations of any city in Europe, That would appeal to Chinese investors for various reasons i.e. Home comforts/Common Market.

2- UK Government is pushing for Northern Powerhouses i.e. Manchester/Birmingham & Liverpool, Crossrail/HS2 is looking for further investment, The Chinese are the best railway builders on the planet infrastructure & redevelopment of the Aston/Birmingham area would likely be high on the agenda.

3- British products in China are HUGE as are the Royal Family, To be remotely associated with a club that is supported by the future King of England would be an easy sell to pretty much anyone in that part of the world it represents an immediate status symbol. Furthermore we also have the the Golden Lion as a symbol on our shirt's this appeals to the superstitious nature of Asia who see that as a symbol of prosperity to this very day.

That maybe me reading into it but I have a degree in Marketing and if I was looking to sell a club with History that could benefit my target market to an audience in China it would be Aston Villa purely for all the aforementioned above.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by mark_draper Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:09 am

Hard to argue with any of that TheTechniqueSMC. And you're right.
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:09 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
Suits wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:We all agree Tom Fox must know who's been granted exclusivity, for him to then say they will struggle to invest as much as Lerner has into the club and he hopes but doubts Lerner will stay then it's time to take off our claret and blue tinted glasses. The new guys won't be billionaires will they?  Maybe someone who just about raised the asking price? Paul Smith and Tony Adams?

Been reported on numerous occasions by various media outlets that it's not the Paul Smith consortium. I think it's safe to say it's not that particular group that has been granted exclusivity.

It's not Paul Smith, they're not in the running presently. I have the same fears as everyone else about them being owners, but it's not a concern anymore.
O.K I will breath a sigh of relief, its just after all this time they are the only names to admit interest. without trying to get anyone in trouble is your dad helping out in the purchase.

No he's not. He was genuinely trying to drum up interest in the Middle East, as he is friendly with the Sheiks, but they were looking at Athletico instead at the time. No idea if that came to fruition, but that's the last I heard of it.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:10 am

mark_draper wrote:Hard to argue with any of that TheTechniqueSMC. And you're right.

Thank you
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:15 am

Suits wrote:With the exception of maybe one person I don't think anyone on here or on any other forum knows the name of the prospective buyer.

don't disagree and I did say its probably bull shit but nice to dream. its just like our little sisters from small heath, constantly dreaming of villa Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:16 am

Philip Anscutz was linked last year I remember...he has some serious funds ($12bn)...but more importantly his company AEG Sports already own 'Soccer' clubs...including a 49% share in Hammarby in Sweden.

They were linked with a bid for Tottenham a few years ago but this was denied by AEG at the time.

Their former CEO Tim Leiweke is working the last few weeks of his notice as CEO at MLSE, where he has put their MLS side Toronto on the MLS map. He has some pedigree in the world of sport. An amazing candidate to take the reigns at Villa Park, with the backing of AEG Sports...we can but dream!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:18 am

Jamie Gray wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
Suits wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:We all agree Tom Fox must know who's been granted exclusivity, for him to then say they will struggle to invest as much as Lerner has into the club and he hopes but doubts Lerner will stay then it's time to take off our claret and blue tinted glasses. The new guys won't be billionaires will they?  Maybe someone who just about raised the asking price? Paul Smith and Tony Adams?

Been reported on numerous occasions by various media outlets that it's not the Paul Smith consortium. I think it's safe to say it's not that particular group that has been granted exclusivity.

It's not Paul Smith, they're not in the running presently. I have the same fears as everyone else about them being owners, but it's not a concern anymore.
O.K I will breath a sigh of relief, its just after all this time they are the only names to admit interest. without trying to get anyone in trouble is your dad helping out in the purchase.

No he's not. He was genuinely trying to drum up interest in the Middle East, as he is friendly with the Sheiks, but they were looking at Athletico instead at the time. No idea if that came to fruition, but that's the last I heard of it.
Thanks for clearing that up, by the way it's nice to see how much he cares about Villa. One of my favourite players.
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:18 am

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:It's 100% NOT Paul Smith & Associates, I don't doubt for 1 second they were an interested party but for all media outlets to report they aren't the party granted exclusivity I am strong in the belief they either A- Don't have enough funds or B- Are simply not in the same league as the Chinese & American consortium's.

I have said it before that it would make real sense for a Chinese bidder to be the preferred choice on several grounds.

1- Birmingham has one of the highest Chinese populations of any city in Europe, That would appeal to Chinese investors for various reasons i.e. Home comforts/Common Market.

2- UK Government is pushing for Northern Powerhouses i.e. Manchester/Birmingham & Liverpool, Crossrail/HS2 is looking for further investment, The Chinese are the best railway builders on the planet infrastructure & redevelopment of the Aston/Birmingham area would likely be high on the agenda.

3- British products in China are HUGE as are the Royal Family, To be remotely associated with a club that is supported by the future King of England would be an easy sell to pretty much anyone in that part of the world it represents an immediate status symbol. Furthermore we also have the the Golden Lion as a symbol on our shirt's this appeals to the superstitious nature of Asia who see that as a symbol of prosperity to this very day.

That maybe me reading into it but I have a degree in Marketing and if I was looking to sell a club with History that could benefit my target market to an audience in China it would be Aston Villa purely for all the aforementioned above.

Brilliant post!

Makes you wonder why this wasn't done very quickly though doesn't it? I mean, the club sells itself really.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:23 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
Suits wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up, by the way it's nice to see how much he cares about Villa. One of my favourite players.

Very kind of you to say. He was at his peak as a player at Villa 75-79 (we don't count the 2nd spell, shouldn't of come back!) so he has huge affection for the club, as the memories are so enjoyable. He saw Tom Fox at the cup final, who has invited him to Villa Park & he intends to take him up on the offer, so hopefully he'll be down next season as & when he's in the country. If you've any questions about his time at the club, I'm happy to answer as best I can.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:23 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:It's 100% NOT Paul Smith & Associates, I don't doubt for 1 second they were an interested party but for all media outlets to report they aren't the party granted exclusivity I am strong in the belief they either A- Don't have enough funds or B- Are simply not in the same league as the Chinese & American consortium's.

Brilliant post!

Makes you wonder why this wasn't done very quickly though doesn't it? I mean, the club sells itself really.

I can answer that in short, The reason why we've likely not been a top proposition was due to those who can afford to buy us thinking that FFP was going to be an issue and wanting to see how other clubs have dealt with it! I would say now knowing the TV rights generate serious cash and FFP is effectively imploding by UEFA relaxing the rules I would say we have become an ideal aquisition to the right person with cash.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:30 am

"report on FFP in Le Parisien. It claims Uefa will allow new owners four years free spending before FFP kicks in" - Get us sold & let the spending commence Scarf Waving AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 3769219917
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:31 am

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

Brilliant post!

I can answer that in short, The reason why we've likely not been a top proposition was due to those who can afford to buy us thinking that FFP was going to be an issue and wanting to see how other clubs have dealt with it! I would say now knowing the TV rights generate serious cash and FFP is effectively imploding by UEFA relaxing the rules I would say we have become an ideal aquisition to the right person with cash.

Great points...bloody hell mate, if you're thinking is right...wowzers!!

We'll probably end up with Carson Yeungs cousin....who studied at the same school as the Kumar Brothers!!!

🤦
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:33 am

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

Brilliant post!

The new TV rights have definitely helped make us a more attractive purchase. I believe previously there was a considerable gap between Lerners valuation & our actual worth, but the TV deal has closed the gap.
Regarding the 'relaxation' of FFP, I'm not convinced this is going to be as drastic as people suspect. We don't actually know how it's being relaxed do we?
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:37 am

1Elliot wrote:"report on FFP in Le Parisien. It claims Uefa will allow new owners four years free spending before FFP kicks in"   - Get us sold & let the spending commence Scarf Waving AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 3769219917

Well this just crapped all over my last post!!
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:37 am

Jamie Gray wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

Brilliant post!

The new TV rights have definitely helped make us a more attractive purchase. I believe previously there was a considerable gap between Lerners valuation & our actual worth, but the TV deal has closed the gap.
Regarding the 'relaxation' of FFP, I'm not convinced this is going to be as drastic as people suspect. We don't actually know how it's being relaxed do we?

According to the latest reports FFP will not effect new owners for at least 4 seasons i.e. If we were purchased then the new owners can free spend at will BUT those like Citeh/Monaco/PSG etc cannot. So with that in mind I would imagine that is excellent news for us going forward.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:41 am

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

Brilliant post!

According to the latest reports FFP will not effect new owners for at least 4 seasons i.e. If we were purchased then the new owners can free spend at will BUT those like Citeh/Monaco/PSG etc cannot. So with that in mind I would imagine that is excellent news for us going forward.

Just need to buy Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, & Bale within those 4 years then and we'll be ok.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:46 am

Dansvilla75 wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:Good info above. I think those who still hope it is may be Dalian group may as well except it's very unlikely.

However they could be planning to sell their stake in Atletico once we are in the Champions League. Which could takes years if ever!

I think the fact both have been shall we say aggressively groomed by our own PM and future King of England very recently is too coincidental. The Dalian group are keen to invest in the Uk and are particularly interested in football. I think the prestige of owning such a team in the premiere ie the founders of the football league supported by the future King of England would be too great to miss. If Dalian Wanda are not buying us its because they are not the preferred bid. If that's the case expect the other bidder to be able to offer far more in taking the club forward. They will have convinced randy that they want the team competing and winning.

Or they simply had no interest to begin with?!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:50 am

re FFP and changes...surely it would depend if we formally get taken over before or after a change to FFP gets ratified...?
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:50 am

You can re-phrase that and say he said "any new owner will struggle to lose as much as RL did" He was bigging RL up and showing us commitment to Villa, nothing to do with identity of new owners. This is just the logical answer, nothing to do with claret and blue tinted glasses. It's how it was asked and the context with which he answered.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:52 am

smetro wrote:

Those snippets we from early yesterday. I think they were takentotally out of context - for example when he said 'hopes he will stay' - he talking about Benteke...IIRC

He also said the same of Lerner, the guy interviewing TF told me it was very evident he wants Lerner to stay.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:54 am

clarryblue wrote:re FFP and changes...surely it would depend if we formally get taken over before or after a change to FFP gets ratified...?

If they are looking to change it for this coming season presumably any owner that has yet to operate in a transfer window would be classified as 'new' ?? :idea:
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:58 am

mark_draper wrote:
Suits wrote:With the exception of maybe one person I don't think anyone on here or on any other forum knows the name of the prospective buyer.

Agreed.

Yet so many 'know' the nationality, funny isn't it?! I said late yesterday the amount of people supposedly ITK about this deal, who previously knew diddly squat is staggering, the internet as a whole is either awash with people from the inner circle, or billy bullshitters/Believe anything they here. It's just not possible for so many to know some of the things been said. I've seen close up how these deals work and with NDA's hardly any info gets out!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:58 am

this is fitting together...Platini originally said they would discuss end of June (not sure how long it takes to ratify?)...transfer window opens Jul 1st...our 6 weeks exclusivity situation takes us into July...
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:11 pm

http://www.leparisien.fr/psg-foot-paris-saint-germain/la-reforme-secrete-qui-fait-mal-au-psg-11-06-2015-4852013.php

via google translate:-

"PSG may be very disappointed. Mid-May, Michel Platini announced that the financial fair play would be "light", paving the way for all possible interpretations.

Even the most favorable to the interests of the Parisian club. While passing through the capital yesterday, the head of European football has given no further indication. "The financial fair play will last," said he simply dropped. So what is it really? A study for several months, a reform will be submitted to the vote of the executive committee of UEFA at the end of June.

The latest version of the text, including "Le Parisien" - "Today in France" has read, it is carried by a major change. Currently, all clubs involved in European competitions, whatever their economic profiles, are forced to balance their revenues and expenditures within the limits of a deficit of € 45 million (deficit accumulated over the last three seasons). This financial orthodoxy will be a possibility of derogation from the 2015-2016 season. It is available to new entrants, the great fortunes that come to buy a club, want to invest heavily in the transfer market to integrate the Champions League ... and touch the stars as quickly as possible.

The idea is the following: subject to the acceptance of their applications and their business plan, a lucky new owner will now fairly widely exceed the maximum allowable deficit without risking sanctions. To what extent? No limits to date in stone. This exemption will be valid for four seasons. In return, shareholders must absorb each year the losses of their clubs, follow the operating schedule drawn up in consultation with UEFA and then, after four years, back into line.

Means more freedom and flexibility, this reform would delight PSG or AS Monaco, to name a few. Problem: it is intended to apply only to future new entrants! But Qatar Sports Investments, head of the Paris Club since 2011, can no longer be stored under this label. An injustice? "Financial fair play is like a badly made suit, persifle been a Parisian despisers of reform. It was nice to him retouching, one always looks like a penguin when it was on the back. "

Michel Platini does not see it that way and did not deprive some pikes "PSG disabled? Yet he has won everything (laughs). Not in Europe? Ah yes, it's true. Too bad! Is this going to fix the hierarchy? I saw Juventus in the final of the Champions League this year, which had not happened to him for twelve years. Last season, it was Real Madrid who had not won for twelve years against Atlético Madrid, absent at this level for twenty-five years. I do not see where it freezes things. Anyway, I know this much interested you, the French, because there PSG. If Qatar had invested in Milan, you would be bothered right now! "
"
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:12 pm

clarryblue wrote:this is fitting together...Platini originally said they would discuss end of June (not sure how long it takes to ratify?)...transfer window opens Jul 1st...our 6 weeks exclusivity situation takes us into July...

If I was about to buy Villa, I'd definitely hold off on signing on the dotted line until these clause has been ratified (unless I didn't want to spend much) It's a chance to jump and gate crash the big time. Keep an close eye on that situation..
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next