The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:28 pm

gdav wrote:
smetro wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:I can't see CC being told to leave unless TS know's he will be able to make big changes with regards to quality and serious funds available. If that is the case then I will happily see him go as there are plenty of quality central defenders available in Europe who would easily strengthen our side given a reasonable outlay.

I have a horrible feeling TS isn't working on that blueprint though !
 Can't see TS scouring Europe for anyone. I'd say his transfer policy will be very similar to MoN with British players brought in although probably younger than MoN's last pay cheque brigade.

You don't even have to scout Europe if you're a manager in the game you have the ways and means with better coverage than actually visiting a match, The bottom line for me is there are dozens of better center backs and I doubt TS wouldn't consider some quality European flair if its available and the right funds are there.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:48 pm

Can we actually sell any players during exclusivity period?
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:51 pm

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
gdav wrote:
smetro wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:I can't see CC being told to leave unless TS know's he will be able to make big changes with regards to quality and serious funds available. If that is the case then I will happily see him go as there are plenty of quality central defenders available in Europe who would easily strengthen our side given a reasonable outlay.

I have a horrible feeling TS isn't working on that blueprint though !
 Can't see TS scouring Europe for anyone. I'd say his transfer policy will be very similar to MoN with British players brought in although probably younger than MoN's last pay cheque brigade.

You don't even have to scout Europe if you're a manager in the game you have the ways and means with better coverage than actually visiting a match, The bottom line for me is there are dozens of better center backs and I doubt TS wouldn't consider some quality European flair if its available and the right funds are there.

Id be shocked to see anyone coming from abroad with who we've been linked with so far. I think he's looking for premiership/championship experience.
gdav
gdav

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Can we actually sell any players during exclusivity period?

It's a good question. We are not embargoed, so technically yes, however selling Benteke for example would have a significant impact on the financial assets and could alter the sale price, so I'm guessing they'd have to be done on a case by case basis and potentially in discussion with the bidder's/Bank and accountants.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:14 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:Can we actually sell any players during exclusivity period?

It's a good question. We are not embargoed, so technically yes, however selling Benteke for example would have a significant impact on the financial assets and could alter the sale price, so I'm guessing they'd have to be done on a case by case basis and potentially in discussion with the bidder's/Bank and accountants.
I presume we can't buy anyone during this period.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by snakevilla Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:27 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not Dalian Group. Hope we hear something soon. There's only so many times you can refresh a page!

It can't be the Dalian Group they would have pulled out with an injury by now
snakevilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Clark being sold I'd be very surprised I'd say vlaar senderos baker will go first , and for vardy no way
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:54 pm

gdav wrote:Wow we have a lot of difference of opinion on who to keep & who to sell?? I guess that's what makes football great is we all see different things in different players.
All I will say is for all the good TS has done (kept us in league) I really think he dropped a bollock with the keepers. He made a situation out of nothing, Guzan is by far the best keeper at the club even with his poor kicking & should of played out the season. He needs to be kept in my opinion but we do need another keeper in to challenge him. We have so many other areas that need attention & all I hear about is keepers & right backs??

I agree 100% gdav. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 3769219917
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:57 pm

I see a lot of Gary Cahill in Ciaran Clark. We made a huge mistake selling Cahill, let's hope we're not about to repeat that mistake.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:14 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I see a lot of Gary Cahill in Ciaran Clark. We made a huge mistake selling Cahill, let's hope we're not about to repeat that mistake.

Cahill is one of those ones that just gets worse with every passing year. At the time I thought we would go on to bigger & better things once we got champions league football?? How wrong was I 🎻
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:49 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to Kaboul linked with us next !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Jamie vardy isn't shit as some people are saying. He's just not glamorous. He does a solid job and is a worker but doesn't seem to have that extra little bit of quality. I certainly wouldn't be happy with us letting weimann go to replace him with a like for like replacement in vardy
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:14 pm

I really do not see any legs in the Vardy link. It makes no sense what so ever to go for him, especially for 15m
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Always a lot o speculation in the window bought about by brokers who are sniffing out a deal. By saying we are interested it puts his value up. Leicester come out and say he is worth 15m his agent contacts the club expressing concern at his small inadequate wages.

This Carles Gil obsession is getting beyond a joke he played in a handful of games and was only good in two of them. against Arsenal he was bossed bullied off the ball and looked way out of his depth in Premier league. Some fans are reacting like he was the next Messi. I am sure i read somewhere he was homesick as well

Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:24 am

With regards to Vardy, looking at it from the other side, why would Leicester sell? Surely they are looking to build a squad to stay in the Prem, not dismantle one. Plus they've got rich owners. Yes, 15 million is a lot of money, but that figure seems to have been plucked out of some journalist or other's arse... as well as the link to Vardy, in my opinion.

As alluded to earlier, we're in a state of Vimbo... lets just hope any takeover is done soon so we can take advantage of the market, not like last time when we only got in Petrov!
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:46 am

AntJac wrote:The thought of Okore in a defensive midfield position fills me with fear. He isn't the best at distributing the ball and when he does, it isn't a good range.
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm quite startled at that post.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:48 am

villabromsgrove wrote:I see a lot of Gary Cahill in Ciaran Clark. We made a huge mistake selling Cahill, let's hope we're not about to repeat that mistake.
Sell Gary Cahill, bring in Zat Knight and Curtis Davies.

I've never forgiven MON for that.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:46 am

kimbo wrote:
AntJac wrote:The thought of Okore in a defensive midfield position fills me with fear. He isn't the best at distributing the ball and when he does, it isn't a good range.

Lets get rid of okore and get in james collins back to do loads of long balls LOL! lol! Wink Scarf Waving
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:45 am

lukevilla wrote:
kimbo wrote:

Lets get rid of okore and get in james collins back to do loads of long balls LOL! lol!  Wink Scarf Waving

HOOF!!!
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:02 am

How come the transfer talk has taken over the takeover thread? Have all the ITK's gone to ground or were they just talking BS on the back of an article in the Telegraph. It will be interesting to see how many people claim to have known who the new owner is after it becomes public knowledge but 'couldn't say anything at the time'?? Laughing AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1558371468 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 50815218

At the end of the day it is one very private owner sitting in the States selling to another private bidder somewhere else in the World. I am sure there is lots of talk around VP and BMH with people speculating round the water cooler and some of that may get back to fans but I doubt whether anyone really knows anything other than Lerner, MLBOA, Fox and the bidder. Even Jamie with all his contacts around VP is saying it's all cloak and dagger stuff.

As for Vardy, well he is Gabby with a brain. Hassles, harries, runs the channels, provides an outlet and alongside CB he would actually get onto the flick on's. He creates space and chances so don't write him off just yet. Guzan is good enough for us behind a more organized defence and I am glad Vlaar has gone as he is a liability most of the time when not injured.
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:14 am

I woke this morning at 6AM and the first thought that they came in to my head was Cain Hoy.
What the hell is happening to me that the first thing that dominates my mind at the start of the working week is who the new owners of our beloved club is.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:18 am

I've been camping in a field for the last week, someone want to let me know if anything major has happened?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:22 am

DelboyVilla wrote:How come the transfer talk has taken over the takeover thread? Have all the ITK's gone to ground or were they just talking BS on the back of an article in the Telegraph. It will be interesting to see how many people claim to have known who the new owner is after it becomes public knowledge but 'couldn't say anything at the time'?? Laughing AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1558371468 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 50815218

At the end of the day it is one very private owner sitting in the States selling to another private bidder somewhere else in the World. I am sure there is lots of talk around VP and BMH with people speculating round the water cooler and some of that may get back to fans but I doubt whether anyone really knows anything other than Lerner, MLBOA, Fox and the bidder. Even Jamie with all his contacts around VP is saying it's all cloak and dagger stuff.

As for Vardy, well he is Gabby with a brain. Hassles, harries, runs the channels, provides an outlet and alongside CB he would actually get onto the flick on's. He creates space and chances so don't write him off just yet. Guzan is good enough for us behind a more organized defence and I am glad Vlaar has gone as he is a liability most of the time when not injured.
I think the cat was almost  let out of the bag last week regarding the new owners, hence why it's all gone very quiet. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 498107619
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:27 am

Maz mentioned several pages back that, whilst it's clear we need an awful lot of new players in, the agents' fees would be crippling. Don't forget that their fees don't get paid by the player: the club have to pay them separately. It's a fucking scam! An outrageous, ludicrous scam. I'd make one of them stand there, pop £20 notes in his mouth until he's ready to gag, and then get him to dance out of my office whilst singing (muffled) "I'm too cunty for my shirt..."

As such, even with new owners, squad rebuilding of this scale will be something that'll likely happen over a season or two. Or three. I just cannot see us replacing the massive list-of-losers we have in just a few short summer months.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:49 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I've been camping in a field for the last week, someone want to let me know if anything major has happened?

In short....not really!! John Percy thinks and is backed up by the rest of the press that there's a bidder with an exclusivity agreement in place which led to a frenzied period of 'ITK' info which couldn't be substantiated (certainly not at this point anyway) now it's the calm before the storm I'd say.

Personally think we're not far away from hearing more news, but that's just an educated guess!) let's see what his week brings, could be full of info or literally none haha!!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next