The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by kimbo Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:51 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
kimbo wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:It surprises me how many people are judgemental about Tom Fox, either positively or  negatively. Is it really not the case that we don't know what goes on at that level behind the scenes. In due course as accounts are released, we will see what impact he is having on the club. But it's not the same as judging a manager or players. We don't see evidence of performance on match days or by league position. It takes time for the evidence of progress or otherwise to come through.
Surely we must see, that the club has been mismanaged commercially during all of Randy Lerner's well meaning but naive custodianship. To expect that to be turned round in just a few months would be naive to an almost Lerneresque level.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Tumblr10

A plus 1 without the fancy Gif Very Happy
I preferred it to speaking, I'm not in a very chatty mood, just typing this is annoying me  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:56 pm

Suits wrote:
smetro wrote:
Suits wrote:Just spoke to a guy who I went to Uni with who works in the Finance Department at Villa and he said he was given his notice period last week. Said that there's quite a few in the same boat as him and there's been people going over the books there since the beginning of April. I asked him if he'd come across any Chinse folk but he said he has no idea who's taking us over Sad

So presumably the existing 'lerner' regime have made a few redundancies ? - any reason why ?

Hope your pal finds a new job soon

He's coming to work at my place!

He said that there's been loads of people who have been made redundant and the new owners are keen to bring their own people in. Sounds like its a done deal now to be honest.

I think all but a late snag and we will see this over the line and it won't be long. I can't help but feel those adamant its a Chinese deal are guessing or the people who've told them are guessing from all the gossip about Chinese links. Let me say this, I get to hear things, as do others and one thing that is almost impossible to know is the name and nationality of said individuals, I refuse to believe that all of a sudden every Tom (maybe one tom) Dick and Harry know. literally Chinese Whipsers Ba dum Drumroll Please

A few people MAY know, but not the amount proclaiming to know, there's half a dozen just on here and suddenly dozens on Twitter, have I miseed an announcement? They can't ALL suddenly know, simply not possible imo! It's a good guess at best!! Just my tuppence worth so no getting your knickers in a twist Handbags!

I'm not going to tell you my best guess haha!! Over the head I'll get my coat
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:58 pm

kimbo wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
kimbo wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:It surprises me how many people are judgemental about Tom Fox, either positively or  negatively. Is it really not the case that we don't know what goes on at that level behind the scenes. In due course as accounts are released, we will see what impact he is having on the club. But it's not the same as judging a manager or players. We don't see evidence of performance on match days or by league position. It takes time for the evidence of progress or otherwise to come through.
Surely we must see, that the club has been mismanaged commercially during all of Randy Lerner's well meaning but naive custodianship. To expect that to be turned round in just a few months would be naive to an almost Lerneresque level.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Tumblr10

A plus 1 without the fancy Gif Very Happy
I preferred it to speaking, I'm not in a very chatty mood, just typing this is annoying me  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 498107619

Imagine Paige wrestling with you, that will alter your mood Laughing
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:00 pm

I want it to be the Chinese bid .... so that probably means that it's the Americans. Does that help? :scratch:
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:10 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I want it to be the Chinese bid .... so that probably means that it's the Americans. Does that help? :scratch:

Laughing Yeah usual way isn't it, but i still think we are being taken over by Wanda group, fit's in with there timing of buying club's all over right now, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan are rumoured to be next also a french club, let's hope so cos they would really take us onto the next level and beyond Scarf Waving
AVFClee
AVFClee

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:32 pm

AVFClee wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I want it to be the Chinese bid .... so that probably means that it's the Americans. Does that help? :scratch:

Laughing Yeah usual way isn't it, but i still think we are being taken over by Wanda group, fit's in with there timing of buying club's all over right now, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan are rumoured to be next also a french club, let's hope so cos they would really take us onto the next level and beyond Scarf Waving

Thought you couldn't own more than one club within UEFA? I always get confused with this. I don't know if I want owners that have x amount of clubs. I want us to be their main focus. Let's face it we wouldn't be with those two as well. Is that accurate info? Anyone know of the tip of their head the club ownership rules?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:43 pm

Matt Law said this evening (after being asked if he has any villa news) "not any I can share" when pressed if it was good news he said "hopefully yes" for those that don't know, Matt Law is a Telegraph journo and a villa fan and very cautious re villa and what he says.

I think things are moving along at a rapid pace and could be done in less than two weeks opinion/guess not fact.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:50 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
AVFClee wrote:

Thought you couldn't own more than one club within UEFA? I always get confused with this. I don't know if I want owners that have x amount of clubs. I want us to be their main focus. Let's face it we wouldn't be with those two as well. Is that accurate info? Anyone know of the tip of their head the club ownership rules?

Good point, i found this to clear it up for us:-

FA Premier League Rules

Under the FA Premier League rules an owner of a football club or a director of a football club must adhere to the fit and proper test and must sign a declaration that they comply with this test. The fit and proper test applies to all directors and individuals holding over a 30% shareholding.

Accordingly anyone who owns or has the power to own a football club in the FA Premier League is regarded to fall outside the remit of the fit and proper test and unable to own another club.

UEFA Rules

The UEFA Rules were brought in following a high profile case in 2000 and were first established for the 2000/01 season. The rule prohibits two football clubs in which a person or a company has an interest from being admitted into the same UEFA club competition.

So no more than 30% any owner can own in one club whilst buying another, and in Uefa rules no two clubs must be in the same competition owned by the same owner,,,guess this could rule out Wanda Group?

AVFClee
AVFClee

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:53 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Matt Law said this evening (after being asked if he has any villa news) "not any I can share" when pressed if it was good news he said "hopefully yes" for those that don't know,  Matt Law is a Telegraph journo and a villa fan and very cautious re villa and what he says.

I think things are moving along at a rapid pace and could be done in less than two weeks opinion/guess not fact.

Great news, let's get this party started i can not effin wait to finally see the back of Randy Lerner and his misery ownership ways and replced with exciting ambitious owners who want this club challenging once again, it has been way to long for Villa not to be near the top end, past a joke, cheer's for the heads up Gadget AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 3769219917 Beer
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:13 am

GadgetMan wrote:
AVFClee wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
AVFClee wrote:

FA Premier League Rules

Under the FA Premier League rules an owner of a football club or a director of a football club must adhere to the fit and proper test and must sign a declaration that they comply with this test. The fit and proper test applies to all directors and individuals holding over a 30% shareholding.

Accordingly anyone who owns or has the power to own a football club in the FA Premier League is regarded to fall outside the remit of the fit and proper test and unable to own another club.

UEFA Rules

The UEFA Rules were brought in following a high profile case in 2000 and were first established for the 2000/01 season. The rule
prohibits two football clubs in which a person or a company has an interest from being admitted into the same UEFA club competition.

So no more than 30% any owner can own in one club whilst buying another, and in Uefa rules no two clubs must be in the same competition owned by the same owner,,,guess this could rule out Wanda Group?

Id say categorically rules him out. I never thought he was in so no surprise to me. May reduce some to tears though!!

Meant to add, thanks for the find, appreciated AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:35 am

sorry if someone mentioned it but we heard on Monday it would take up to 6 weeks to but surly monday wasent the date it started from?! Scarf Waving
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:41 am

No worries Gadget mate we are all Villans wondering who it is that'sin for us, it is such a tease though not even having a real name to go off that is about to buy our club, keep's us on our toes i guess,

Luke that is the 64million dollar question ain't it, when did this exclusivity actually begin, are the media bang on the money with hearing when this period started with the interested party in for us or are the media lagging behind a bit, my feeling is it will not take 6 weeks from now, 2 to 4 weeks we will be sorted is my guess, but then what the heck do i know Very Happy
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:02 am

GadgetMan wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
AVFClee wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
AVFClee wrote:

FA Premier League Rules

UEFA Rules

The UEFA Rules were brought in following a high profile case in 2000 and were first established for the 2000/01 season. The rule
prohibits two football clubs in which a person or a company has an interest from being admitted into the same UEFA club competition.

Id say categorically rules him out. I never thought he was in so no surprise to me. May reduce some to tears though!!

Meant to add, thanks for the find, appreciated AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 3769219917

I think you may find that the article quoted is badly phrased....what it means to say is that a person can't own significant stakes in two PL clubs...(or Football League)...
That doesn't apply to clubs abroad...so someone could own Aston Villa and a stake in another European Club BUT if that happens then they cannot compete in the same UEFA competition

see :-http://www.fieldfisher.com/pdf/On-the-Ball-Issue-3.pdf

pages 3 & 4...somewhat historical but better explained and still relevant ( I believe)...

sorry to add to the confusion...
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:13 am

Your confusion is welcomed clarryblue mate, in fact now its not so confusing lol cheers, that is great news then there is still a chance it may well be the Wanda Group in for us, here's me hoping, The only trouble they would have then is if Villa came across Atletico Madrid in the Champions League, i am sure Chelsea faced this problem recently with Abramovich and another club from Holland i believe it was? :scratch:
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:18 am

I seem to think it was CSKA (Moscow)...but may be wrong
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:40 am

Just can't remember, will take a look and see what i can dig up on which club it was in the morning
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:48 am

Wanda Group apparently only bought a 20% stake in Atleti...

http://www.scmp.com/sport/china/article/1753345/chinas-wanda-group-buys-20-cent-stake-atletico-madrid

Not sure if / how that would affect any sale, but I could easily see them investing a significant amount as part of a consortium to get a foothold in the Premier League. That might be in line with this tweet...

@Prof_Chadwick: Possible impending sale of Aston Villa seemingly led by an Israel company, accompanied by English partners, financed by Chinese investors.

@Prof_Chadwick: @kpvilla @scruffysausage I have good reason to believe that, if terms can be agreed, Aston Villa will become a Chinese-owned club.

Personally, I think it would be great to have links to Madrid and Milan. Anyway, that's purely speculation / fantasy on my part.
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:21 am

If 5 groups each buy 20% then they won't have to pass the FA Fit & Proper test. And that test protects the club from shonky owners.

[Insert sarcastic emoticon here]
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:38 am

GadgetMan wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
AVFClee wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
AVFClee wrote:

FA Premier League Rules

UEFA Rules

I think the fact that the Dalian Wanda group bought just 20% of Athletico Madrid, would still enable them to own 100% of a Premier League club if they wanted to.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:00 am

Good info above. I think those who still hope it is may be Dalian group may as well except it's very unlikely.

However they could be planning to sell their stake in Atletico once we are in the Champions League. Which could takes years if ever!
viva_la_amo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:47 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
AVFClee wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
AVFClee wrote:

FA Premier League Rules

UEFA Rules

I think the fact that the Dalian Wanda group bought just 20% of Athletico Madrid, would still enable them to own 100% of a Premier League club if they wanted to.

Didnt Ashley have a smaller % of Rangers that got him chucked out?
Wookster
Wookster

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:01 am

The bloke who owns Watford also owns Udinese and a Spanish team
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:16 am

viva_la_amo wrote:Good info above. I think those who still hope it is may be Dalian group may as well except it's very unlikely.

However they could be planning to sell their stake in Atletico once we are in the Champions League. Which could takes years if ever!

I think the fact both have been shall we say aggressively groomed by our own PM and future King of England very recently is too coincidental. The Dalian group are keen to invest in the Uk and are particularly interested in football. I think the prestige of owning such a team in the premiere ie the founders of the football league supported by the future King of England would be too great to miss. If Dalian Wanda are not buying us its because they are not the preferred bid. If that's the case expect the other bidder to be able to offer far more in taking the club forward. They will have convinced randy that they want the team competing and winning.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:21 am

Am I the only one who thinks theres still a reasonable chance we start the season still under Lerners ownership ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:25 am

He recruited Sherwood did he not ?
Of all the managers drafted in to relegation threatened clubs TS acheived the least in terms of league position - and that Includes DA at sunderland !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next