The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:33 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I've seen clips of the USA matches recently and read the reports, Guzan has been playing exceptionally well. In my opinion we cannot afford to chuck out a keeper of his ability. I know his kicking is crap but his all round game makes him a nailed on starter for me.

I can't stand Guzan. Think he's on of the worst keepers around. He's been dire for two seasons now in my view. A first choice keeper is a must to sign is summer
Realistically Guzan is as good as we can expect to get. I've already said that his kicking is crap but that can be improved to some degree. Considering he was being linked with clubs like Arsenal only six months ago I don't he deserves to be labelled "one of the worst keepers around."

Did you see Given yesterday? He looked like what he is, a forty year old keeper who is way past his best, how is he keeping Brad out of the Villa team? Guzan is a much better keeper in my opinion.

Agreed Given is past it now at the top level and Guzan is the better keeper. I do think he needed dropping and I think TS just kept with given as he had already told him he was playing in the FA cup. Guzan needs some work with his kicking and overall reading of the game, but still a good keeper for me and behind a settled and decent defence I'd be happy with him as out No1 it's certainly not a priority for me. That said if TS has the cash and wants someone else then so be it. Only if we find ourselves flushed with cash though. We'd need a takeover for that, if only we were on the cusp of being sold/bought Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Leafs1201 Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:42 pm

I'd take both Richards and Vardy, Richards surely has a massive point to prove to a few people and I think he can do that comfortably at the Villa, he's been part of a winning mentality at City and played for England, Vardy on the other hand has just earned himself a first England call up on the back of his first Premier League season after getting some good media reviews over the season about his pace/workrate/commitment etc... One thing Sherwood has I think already mentioned is that there is a losing mentality at the club and that needs to be eradicated quickly and whilst I'd get rid of the majority of our players to do it over a short space of time is playing with fire and probably not going to happen but I think Sherwood deserves his time to rebuild us and put his own team out on the pitch.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 pm

The over exaggeration of how bad our squad is astounds me it really does! On paper our squad is not by any means awful irregardless of the league position, What is clear for all to see is the chemistry and team dynamic is completely all over the place. When you have the same type of player playing practically every position in midfield you have a problem! When you have injury prone Central Defenders constantly coming and going in and out of a defensive partnership 70% of the season you have a problem! And finally when you have one of the best center forwards in the league and don't play to his strengths by providing darting runs and whipped crosses you have a problem!

The overriding issue is that this squad was a total mish mash of non consistency or dynamic, Hell dynamic was never even considered! I strongly believe TS has looked at that team and said "You know what? I'm offloading the BS and investing in cohesion & dynamic going forward" NO MORE SQUARE PEGS IN ROUND HOLES!
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:48 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
avfc85 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I've seen clips of the USA matches recently and read the reports, Guzan has been playing exceptionally well. In my opinion we cannot afford to chuck out a keeper of his ability. I know his kicking is crap but his all round game makes him a nailed on starter for me.

I can't stand Guzan. Think he's on of the worst keepers around. He's been dire for two seasons now in my view. A first choice keeper is a must to sign is summer
Realistically Guzan is as good as we can expect to get. I've already said that his kicking is crap but that can be improved to some degree. Considering he was being linked with clubs like Arsenal only six months ago I don't he deserves to be labelled "one of the worst keepers around."

Did you see Given yesterday? He looked like what he is, a forty year old keeper who is way past his best, how is he keeping Brad out of the Villa team? Guzan is a much better keeper in my opinion.

Guzan is one of the ever present failures of this team, it is time for a change!
Playing behind a Villa defence that were following Sherwood's instructions to defend a high line (the half way line on many occasions) can't have been easy. He looks the real deal playing for a well organised USA team.

In my statement, did I at any point mention failing under Sherwood's regime, as Villa fan's we know how long this team has been failing and it's been longer than 1 season, Guzan did not get a sniff under Friedel, the contract he had even ran down and the only person that brought him back was Lambert who had limited funds. He has the worse kicking ability I have ever seen, he flaps on every set piece then looks around at everyone else, he couldnt organise a p*ss up in a brewery nevermind a Premiership defence and because he pulled off a couple of worldies (which Given has) we think he is good enough for us laughable and to compare him with Given is a joke in itself as Given is well past it.
avfc85
avfc85

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Where is this Vardy stuff coming from?
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Mazrim wrote:Where is this Vardy stuff coming from?

No idea? However every man and his dog is commenting about it on Twitter with most saying he's 'shit' or words to that effect!! I'm trying to ascertain if people think he's shit because of a rumoured 15m price tag (never going to happen) or what other basis they have?! I'd have him all day over Gabby and Weimann and I've only seen a handful of games.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:07 pm

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:12 pm

I think we can do much better. I hope there's nothing in this. He's lightning quick but looks like a witch and is a very limited player.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Mazrim wrote:He's lightning quick but looks like a witch
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by ROTTERDAM1982 Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:23 pm

I have my reservations about TS the same as you do vb.BUT he did the best out of CB, Cleverley and Delph, he did inspire the team, and for a while, we played some good football.

But, to coin a phrase, you can't polish a turd.He hasn't bought anyone, this is not his team, or his players.I think we have to give him the opportunity to fail, if you like.Richarda, on a free, wouldn't be a bad purchase tbh, fast, aggressive, strong, not a bad signing.Gil is a puzzle, i have to admit, but Richardson, has generally done well.

Lets see who he signs, and more importantly, who gives him the money, and how much, before we judge him.
ROTTERDAM1982

Back to top Go down

Post by ROTTERDAM1982 Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Would you play Richards as a defensive midfielder?
ROTTERDAM1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:56 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

Agreed Given is past it now at the top level and Guzan is the better keeper. I do think he needed dropping and I think TS just kept with given as he had already told him he was playing in the FA cup. Guzan needs some work with his kicking and overall reading of the game,  but still a good keeper for me and behind a settled and decent defence I'd be happy with him as out No1 it's certainly not a priority for me. That said if TS has the cash and wants someone else then so be it. Only if we find ourselves flushed with cash though. We'd need a takeover for that, if only we were on the cusp of being sold/bought Very Happy

One of Guzans problems is down to the way our defence was playing.  There is an over the top reliance on the use of the back pass to our keepers and we arnt playing with a sweeper keeper like Neuer to spray the ball back up the park.
Wookster
Wookster

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:03 pm

ROTTERDAM1982 wrote: Would you play Richards as a defensive midfielder?
No, although I have said before that I think Okore has all the tools for that job. Not that I think he'll play there mind!
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Out we have, Bent, Weimann, Lowton, Stephens, Sylla, Luna, Helnius, Tonev, Cissokho, Clark?, Gil, Burke, Cleverly, Benteke

Coming in we have, Micah Richards, Jamie Vardy, Andros Townsend.

This is based upon a mixture of fact and conjecture. However, there is more out than in so there could be a saving on wage liabilities.

Question is, does it signify any real intent that we will improve.
There is nothing there other than a manager wheeling and dealing the best he can to make his mark with his own signings.

Benteke aint gone yet though and has 2 years left to run. As in previous years we won't sell him just because another club has shown an interest, the money has to be right as well.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by AntJac Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:24 pm

The thought of Okore in a defensive midfield position fills me with fear. He isn't the best at distributing the ball and when he does, it isn't a good range.
AntJac

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:49 pm

South London Villan wrote:Out we have, Bent, Weimann, Lowton, Stephens, Sylla, Luna, Helnius, Tonev, Cissokho, Clark?, Gil, Burke, Cleverly, Benteke

Coming in we have, Micah Richards, Jamie Vardy, Andros Townsend.

This is based upon a mixture of fact and conjecture. However, there is more out than in  so there could be a saving on wage liabilities.

Interesting point on wages.

Sylla, Bent, Luna, Helenius and Tonev were all on loan, so at least some (probably most) of their wages were taken care of.  As much as Lambert was clueless, he at least did manage to get half of the crap he signed out on a loan to keep the wage bill down.  

Big wages there will be bent (McLeish's fault - edit, oops, it was Houlier, thanks DaveAV1) and Benteke (worth every penny).  

HOWEVER...

It does strike me that Sherwood's managed to get some leeway on money.  He's being allowed to offer big contracts to Benteke, and Vlaar, and it sounds like Richards won't be on 15k a week either...  

Points to someone somewhere thinking new owners might have a bit of cash...

Last edited by Mr_Spadge on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Houlier Signed Bent.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:06 pm

South London Villan wrote:Out we have, Bent, Weimann, Lowton, Stephens, Sylla, Luna, Helnius, Tonev, Cissokho, Clark?, Gil, Burke, Cleverly, Benteke

And hopefully Guzan, Given, baker, sender, bennett, Richardson, Hutton. Losing Gabby wouldn't be a bad thing either
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Wow we have a lot of difference of opinion on who to keep & who to sell?? I guess that's what makes football great is we all see different things in different players.
All I will say is for all the good TS has done (kept us in league) I really think he dropped a bollock with the keepers. He made a situation out of nothing, Guzan is by far the best keeper at the club even with his poor kicking & should of played out the season. He needs to be kept in my opinion but we do need another keeper in to challenge him. We have so many other areas that need attention & all I hear about is keepers & right backs??
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:37 pm

To be clear here guys, my source on this couldn't be any better placed, however I'm not being told CC is gone, I've been told there's something in it. That's a long way from sold, but likewise if I hadn't of been told this i'd of completely dismissed it
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:58 pm

It's disturbing to hear that. CC is a good footballer and should get better. We have plenty of players I don't consider to be on his level of "good", aren't going to get any better and I'm hearing fuck all about them going, which is what I want to hear.

I saw the question posed earlier but didn't see the answer, I don't think. Is this of his volition or is he one of that Sherwood has claimed he has told can "find themselves another club?"
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:07 pm

ember wrote:It's disturbing to hear that. CC is a good footballer and should get better. We have plenty of players I don't consider to be on his level of "good", aren't going to get any better and I'm hearing fuck all about them going, which is what I want to hear.

I saw the question posed earlier but didn't see the answer, I don't think. Is this of his volition or is he one of that Sherwood has claimed he has told can "find themselves another club?"

Depends on the fee .......if the offer is to good to refuse (£7m +) then fair enough - but selling for £2-3m seems a bit daft. Seems TS just wants his own players in - and some will have to be sacrificed for that to be realized...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:09 pm

I can't see CC being told to leave unless TS know's he will be able to make big changes with regards to quality and serious funds available. If that is the case then I will happily see him go as there are plenty of quality central defenders available in Europe who would easily strengthen our side given a reasonable outlay.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:19 pm

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:I can't see CC being told to leave unless TS know's he will be able to make big changes with regards to quality and serious funds available. If that is the case then I will happily see him go as there are plenty of quality central defenders available in Europe who would easily strengthen our side given a reasonable outlay.

I have a horrible feeling TS isn't working on that blueprint though !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:26 pm

smetro wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:I can't see CC being told to leave unless TS know's he will be able to make big changes with regards to quality and serious funds available. If that is the case then I will happily see him go as there are plenty of quality central defenders available in Europe who would easily strengthen our side given a reasonable outlay.

I have a horrible feeling TS isn't working on that blueprint though !
 Can't see TS scouring Europe for anyone. I'd say his transfer policy will be very similar to MoN with British players brought in although probably younger than MoN's last pay cheque brigade.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next