The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ROTTERDAM1982 Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:25 am

Never rated Clark, although last year he had his best season, but he is what 25?

Not quick enough or strong enough imho.

You had me a bit worried there Jamie, i quickly saw your post, saw the opening "I hope this is wrong", line, and thought you was going to say the deal was off/sold to a shite owner.Not good for my heart 1st thing Sunday morning.
ROTTERDAM1982

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:29 am

Wouldn't want to see Clark go. Baker and Vlaar I do though. 

I'd love to see everyone sold apart from Delph, Grealish and Benteke though
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:01 am

That's just not going to happen. Major changes yes, but we won't be selling and buying 40 odd players.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:15 am

Mazrim wrote:That's just not going to happen. Major changes yes, but we won't be selling and buying 40 odd players.

But but it's easy on FM to do it, so why not in real life..... :twisted:
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:19 am

The parasite fees alone would be enough to bankrupt Luxembourg.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:21 am

Jamie Gray wrote:Hate to tell you this & I hope it's wrong, but I'm being told there's legs in Clark to Baggies
I'm going to stick my neck out and say there's absolutely no truth in this whatsoever.

Tim Sherwood would have to be a spectacularly bad judge of a player and totally thick not to have noticed that in the time he's been Villa manager, Clark has been easily our most effective defender as well as being one of only a couple of team leaders.

I don't think Sherwood's stupid so this isn't going to happen. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 50815218
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:27 am

It does seem odd. Had Jamie not said it, I would have dismissed it.

All I can imagine, is that a completely new defence, good enough that Clark doesn't figure even as 4th or 5th choice, is being lined up. But that seems unlikely without major spending. Is Baker favoured over Clark? Perhaps.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:33 am

If Sherwood wants to keep Baker and Vlaar over Clark then I'd question his judgment. If he signs Vardy, he should be sacked
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:37 am

Mazrim wrote:It does seem odd. Had Jamie not said it, I would have dismissed it.

All I can imagine, is that a completely new defence, good enough that Clark doesn't figure even as 4th or 5th choice, is being lined up. But that seems unlikely without major spending. Is Baker favoured over Clark? Perhaps.
In my head then, when you said, "Perhaps"...

kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:40 am

HarryAVFC wrote:If Sherwood wants to keep Baker and Vlaar over Clark then I'd question his judgment. If he signs Vardy, he should be sacked
I'd love to see how that would go...

Sherwood: I want to sign Vardy from Leicester.
Board: Okay, get it done.
(few days later)
Sherwood: Good news, the Vardy deal is done.
Board: Okay. You're sacked.
Sherwood: Why?
Board: You signed Vardy.
Sherwood: But you said I could!
Board: Get out, Tim.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:38 pm

I'm starting to question the manager's judgement. We have a goal keeping crisis, we appear to have a situation where we have five CB's and we are linked with a right back who we may be buying to use as a CB. We have a decent defensive left back who has been frozen out but who could do a solid job behind our newly signed left winger who is also currently out of favour. We have the most skilful midfielder I've ever seen in a Villa shirt discarded in the blink of an eye. We have a left wing back who has proven to be our most effective supplier and assist player to Benteke overlooked in favour of resident Scottish hard man.

I'm probably being unfair to Tim but if he's got a finite transfer budget, why would he want to spend it on replacing good players that don't need replacing, when he has glaring areas of weakness such as Centre Midfield and Strikers which need to be expensively addressed.

This is my first Sherwood rant and it's probably undeserved, but if the things that I've highlighted come to pass then we could be shooting ourselves in the foot big time.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:49 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I'm starting to question the manager's judgement. We have a goal keeping crisis, we appear to have a situation where we have five CB's and we are linked with a right back who we may be buying to use as a CB. We have a decent defensive left back who has been frozen out but who could do a solid job behind our newly signed left winger who is also currently out of favour. We have the most skilful midfielder I've ever seen in a Villa shirt discarded in the blink of an eye. We have a left wing back who has proven to be our most effective supplier and assist player to Benteke overlooked in favour of resident Scottish hard man.

I'm probably being unfair to Tim but if he's got a finite transfer budget, why would he want to spend it on replacing good players that don't need replacing, when he has glaring areas of weakness such as Centre Midfield and Strikers which need to be expensively addressed.

This is my first Sherwood rant and it's probably undeserved, but if the things that I've highlighted come to pass then we could be shooting ourselves in the foot big time.

I suppose the only caveat we could put on this is we don't know who he plans on buying beyond paper talk, he may have a keep lined up for instance and may not be interested in a RB. The omission of Gil is an odd one, however we are rating him on a few games where let's face it anyone who was willing to run/pass it FORWARDS would have looked infinitely better than what we had at the time. Maybe just maybe he has a really bad attitude? We don't know!!

Again Hutton over Bacuna was a poor decision in the FA cup final, seemed like he played the occasion and not the match and thought Hutton's experience may add us (badly wrong) doesn't equate to what he may be looking to do this season though. I see where you're coming from and I too have my reservations and certainly don't see him as the messiah some do. There's just too many what if's at the moment, for instance, he may not even be the manager come the start of the season. Assuming he is, he still has a lot to prove.

Onto Vardy, is he really that bad? I ask as i don't know an awful lot about him. He's hardworking, but has just been called up for England, so got to be more to his game than that? What are people basing their opinions on when saying he's 'awful' or Sherwood should be 'sacked' is he not better than Gabby or Weimann? I'm genuinely asking and not playing devil's advocate, I know next to nothing about the guy and watched very little of Leicester. Are we that BIG we can be saying England internationals are too shit for us?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Well Vardy is 28, scored 5 goals for a striker. He ain't worth 15 mill

Sherwood has a lot of work to do 

We need a keeper, Left back, right back, CM, winger and a striker, 2 if Benteke goes 

I just hope he sells as many of our squad as possible 

Richards, I dint know where we will be playing him. Centre back I would guess
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:57 pm

I've seen clips of the USA matches recently and read the reports, Guzan has been playing exceptionally well. In my opinion we cannot afford to chuck out a keeper of his ability. I know his kicking is crap but his all round game makes him a nailed on starter for me.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:02 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Well Vardy is 28, scored 5 goals for a striker. He ain't worth 15 mill

Sherwood has a lot of work to do 

We need a keeper, Left back, right back, CM, winger and a striker, 2 if Benteke goes 

I just hope he sells as many of our squad as possible 

Richards, I dint know where we will be playing him. Centre back I would guess

Who said that's his fee? He's been called up to play for England, would he not be a decent foil for Benteke? He's clearly not an out and out Goalscorer, but what else does he offer? Surely more than Weimann and gabby? (or Gabby would have been called up for England) I think I saw him in One match (that I can remember) v Arsenal and he was a constant thorn in their side, running the channels, stretching the defence, freeing up space. Are people viewing him as 'shit' if he's a replacement for CB (As clearly he won't score the same goals) but what if he was a replacement for Gabby?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:03 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I've seen clips of the USA matches recently and read the reports, Guzan has been playing exceptionally well. In my opinion we cannot afford to chuck out a keeper of his ability. I know his kicking is crap but his all round game makes him a nailed on starter for me.

I can't stand Guzan. Think he's on of the worst keepers around. He's been dire for two seasons now in my view. A first choice keeper is a must to sign is summer
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:09 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I've seen clips of the USA matches recently and read the reports, Guzan has been playing exceptionally well. In my opinion we cannot afford to chuck out a keeper of his ability. I know his kicking is crap but his all round game makes him a nailed on starter for me.

I can't stand Guzan. Think he's on of the worst keepers around. He's been dire for two seasons now in my view. A first choice keeper is a must to sign is summer

With respect harry, there isn't much you do like is there?! it's hard to take your opinions that seriously when everything is presented as being so bad! I'll ask again why should TS being sacked if he signs Vardy? Back it up with examples and evidence? Too easy to say everything is crap and we must do better without offering valid reasons why and offering realistic alternatives beyond "We need a new owner with 10 billion minimum" If it feels I'm digging at you, I'm not, I am however trying to understand your mindset and what will actually make you happy that's realistic?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:10 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I'm starting to question the manager's judgement. We have a goal keeping crisis, we appear to have a situation where we have five CB's and we are linked with a right back who we may be buying to use as a CB. We have a decent defensive left back who has been frozen out but who could do a solid job behind our newly signed left winger who is also currently out of favour. We have the most skilful midfielder I've ever seen in a Villa shirt discarded in the blink of an eye. We have a left wing back who has proven to be our most effective supplier and assist player to Benteke overlooked in favour of resident Scottish hard man.

Do you think Tim Sherwood is the main reason we stayed up or do you think it was the form of Benteke and Cleverly? When the latter two took their foot of the gas during the last three games we looked the worst team in the league.
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:

Do you think Tim Sherwood is the main reason we stayed up or do you think it was the form of Benteke and Cleverly?  When the latter two took their foot of the gas during the last three games we looked the worst team in the league.
I think collectively there was a sigh of relief and the energy levels dropped. We changed our style(inexplicably!) in the last three games which was down to Sherwood, but the players were also below par.

Sherwood definitely kept us up because without him there would have been no belief and confidence.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Off course he shouldn't really be sacked if he signed Vardy. Sherwood is one of a very people I like at Villa. Benteke, Delph and Grealish are the others 
And why should there be much I like ? For years we have losers. We break club records left right and centr. We've been a laughing stock and 90 % of the players are to blame as well as Lamberk was 

I want owners with billions and billions because I want us to win. That's the whole point of football, winning. And if you aren't, then people are failing at there jobs.
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:21 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:

Do you think Tim Sherwood is the main reason we stayed up or do you think it was the form of Benteke and Cleverly?  When the latter two took their foot of the gas during the last three games we looked the worst team in the league.

I'll throw in my two cents. I think Sherwood galvanised the whole club and fans which lifted everyone and as a result the team grew in confidence and played better. He got us being more attacking (sometimes too attacking and conceding silly goals) and played to our strengths, ie Benteke!! One thing is pretty certain, without him we would have gone down. One concern I have is can he sustain it and was a lot of it down to just how bad Lambert had got things that him coming in with the 'new manager rub' was just enough to make the difference. Did the last three games show signs of that rub wearing off and us slipping back into familair ways?! Lots of questions still left unanswered on Sherwood and I'm on the fence as to how well he will do long term, however he played a massive part in us staying up in my opinion. I guess what we won't ever know is how many other managers could have also done the same, if not better?! Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:26 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:

Realistically Guzan is as good as we can expect to get. I've already said that his kicking is crap but that can be improved to some degree. Considering he was being linked with clubs like Arsenal only six months ago I don't he deserves to be labelled "one of the worst keepers around."

Did you see Given yesterday? He looked like what he is, a forty year old keeper who is way past his best, how is he keeping Brad out of the Villa team? Guzan is a much better keeper in my opinion.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:27 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

Realistically Guzan is as good as we can expect to get. I've already said that his kicking is crap but that can be improved to some degree. Considering he was being linked with clubs like Arsenal only six months ago I don't he deserves to be labelled "one of the worst keepers around."

Did you see Given yesterday? He looked like what he is, a forty year old keeper who is way past his best, how is he keeping Brad out of the Villa team? Guzan is a much better keeper in my opinion.

Guzan is one of the ever present failures of this team, it is time for a change!
avfc85
avfc85

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:28 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Off course he shouldn't really be sacked if he signed Vardy. Sherwood is one of a very people I like at Villa. Benteke, Delph and Grealish are the others 
And why should there be much I like ? For years we have losers. We break club records left right and centr. We've been a laughing stock and 90 % of the players are to blame as well as Lamberk was 

I want owners with billions and billions because I want us to win. That's the whole point of football, winning. And if you aren't, then people are failing at there jobs.

Ok so you said he should get sacked, but you don't actually mean it?! We have been very poor and a laughing stick you're right there, but that doesn't make everything crap!! The reality is we probably won't get billions and billions and we won't always win. Not every team can win everything. I get the general gist of what you're saying, I just think you need to be a little more realistic (or not it's totally upto you ultimately what you think and say) I tend to switch off to those that always and only speak in the negative. Especially now moving forward we have a lot to potentially look forward too.

Is anyone willing to tell me why Vardy is SOOOO bad and not fit to wear our shirt. Him and Richards have been seen so negatively on social media by so many. I don't get it and in Vardys case I haven't seen enough to be able to oppose it, so educate me....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:31 pm

avfc85 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

Guzan is one of the ever present failures of this team, it is time for a change!
Playing behind a Villa defence that were following Sherwood's instructions to defend a high line (the half way line on many occasions) can't have been easy. He looks the real deal playing for a well organised USA team.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next