The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by danclare82 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:04 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I have been told that the deal is still on guys. Hopefully a name will appear this week.

Are u still going with ur original info from ur friend?
danclare82
danclare82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Gordonsleftboot Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:05 am

NARLA24 wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Whether or not the document is real or faked, any such bid group would not have been given a period of exclusivity. Randy may have proved to be an inept football club owner, but he will not sell Villa to a leveraged buyout group.

His one remaining commitment to AVFC and Villa fans is to leave the club in safe hands. Selling to new owners who intend to use the clubs future income to service hedge fund debts would be a despicable end to his 9 years of ownership.

He simply would not do it.

i disagree - I think if the only offer is £150m with a degree of leverage - Randy would be tempted. We probably wouldn't found out about the leverage until a while down the line...

You have to provide proof of funds right at the start, BEFORE any DD can start etc! So this is inaccurate. As has been said, there's zero relevance in this fake/old document, Whoever was/is in exclusivity still is, this has NO impact on that!! Move on and let's hope for more news soon!!

OK - but would proof of those funds ever be in the public domain ?
Seem to recall some clubs being taken over, and it wasn't clear who actually owned the club  .....
Should not think they would be in the public domain until deal is done, if at all.

Hi Narla, Earlier you said deal was signed, sealed and delivered, if that was true then none of this is real?
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:06 am

Think this is utter bollocks.

If your prepared to put your neck on the line at least provide a full screenshot ffs.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:16 am

Wouldn't even give it the time of day to discuss personally. As you've just said, provide a full screen shot. This isn't how it all works. You don't pass or fail DD you act on the info it uncovers one way or another. Whatever this 'document' is, nowt to do with CURRENT proceedings!? Chill people!

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:20 am

Suits wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Whether or not the document is real or faked, any such bid group would not have been given a period of exclusivity. Randy may have proved to be an inept football club owner, but he will not sell Villa to a leveraged buyout group.

His one remaining commitment to AVFC and Villa fans is to leave the club in safe hands. Selling to new owners who intend to use the clubs future income to service hedge fund debts would be a despicable end to his 9 years of ownership.

He simply would not do it.

i disagree - I think if the only offer is £150m with a degree of leverage - Randy would be tempted. We probably wouldn't found out about the leverage until a while down the line...

You have to provide proof of funds right at the start, BEFORE any DD can start etc! So this is inaccurate. As has been said, there's zero relevance in this fake/old document, Whoever was/is in exclusivity still is, this has NO impact on that!! Move on and let's hope for more news soon!!

OK - but would proof of those funds ever be in the public domain ?
Seem to recall some clubs being taken over, and it wasn't clear who actually owned the club  .....
Should not think they would be in the public domain until deal is done, if at all.

I thought it was a done deal??
Their finances are nothing to do with the public, nobody's buisness apart from them and Lerner so we will know nothing, that's just a fact. Media will throw out "They are worth this amount, or that amount" when they are ready. Will only find out how much they are worth should they want us to.
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:36 am

Thing that struck me was the "from Randy Lerner/Reform Acquisitions LLC" line....firstly, I would of thought Lerner would be addressed a little more professionally on such a document...perhaps "Randolph Lerner" or "Mr. R. Lerner", and secondly why add the "Reform Acquisitions" bit?...surely you would just have one or t'other in there?

But then again...I have no knowledge of such documents, just looking at it as man in the street!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:42 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Thing that struck me was the "from Randy Lerner/Reform Acquisitions LLC" line....firstly, I would of thought Lerner would be addressed a little more professionally on such a document...perhaps "Randolph Lerner" or "Mr. R. Lerner", and secondly why add the "Reform Acquisitions" bit?...surely you would just have one or t'other in there?

But then again...I have no knowledge of such documents, just looking at it as man in the street!

Good point.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:47 am

Chaps - let's stop giving this oxygen. Someone is laughing their socks off.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:36 am

Hmmn, it's all a bit odd isn't it! Like others have said that document says the sum total of Jack all! Hardly proof, and then it could just be some guy who is on the outer edge, came across a document on his system which was highlighting a failed bid or something or was old, and due to not having indepth enough knowledge to realise otherwise though he'd found the Golden egg so posted it!.

Or it could be true of course Laughing

Anyhow...moving on

The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:40 am

another guy on twitter saying it's collapsed as well but lets wait to see if Walker and Richards sign first. then we can belive him
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:53 am

HarryAVFC wrote:another guy on twitter saying it's collapsed as well but lets wait to see if Walker and Richards sign first. then we can belive him

Walker? Kyle Walker? We've been linked with him now too?

He'd command quite a big fee but would be an excellent signing.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:55 am

Yep, Kyle
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:58 am

Where's that link come from?
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Nobody on Twitter knows anything, let alone if a deal is on or off!! By all means share what's out there and discuss on here, but don't give it too much credence or your time in the process!!

Next thing we hear imo is when it's completed or just before if a name is allowed to be released. Until then, buckle up, enjoy the ride on the bullshit express!! Popcorn
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:09 pm

I guess it's a great way of either winding people up or trying to force an announcement to prove otherwise.

We're all very sensitive at the moment. Crying or Very sad

Over the head
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Africa's richest man wants to buy Arsenal, according to the BBC.

So there are still billionaires out there that want to buy football clubs. Very Happy
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:29 pm

mark_draper wrote:Africa's richest man wants to buy Arsenal, according to the BBC.

So there are still billionaires out there that want to buy football clubs. Very Happy

Is that King Joffy Jofur, the ruler of Zamunda?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:43 pm

mark_draper wrote:Africa's richest man wants to buy Arsenal, according to the BBC.

But he hasn't signed an NDA then ?

Doesn't he want the FA cup runners up - a bargain at less then half the price .......

Weve got better players too......
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:57 pm

That'd free up Usmanov to buy the Villa.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Fucking hell, I put the screenshot on here as I figured it would help people to dismiss it pretty quickly. How wrong can ya be!
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:07 pm

smetro wrote:

Doesn't he want the FA cup runners up - a bargain at less then half the price .......

I haven't seen the story. But my gut feelings are that a) without even looking at it, is this guy wants a bit of publicity and is declaring some intentions for that reason. I'll probably have a look in a bit out of curiosity.

Even if it is more serious than that, one may suggest that as Arsenal are on the stockmarket, these things have to be out there. Aston Villa are not in such a position.

But also, b) I also feel like you are using that to mock the suggestion that the club is even in negotiations, because you are, rightly or wrongly, taking an almost Comical Ali stance of 'Nothing to see here'. Maybe you don't want to get your hopes up so you can't be disappointed. Maybe you just don't see any evidence. This is all fine, it's your brain/life/opinion, so, whatever, it's your right to take whatever stance you want.

However to mock the takeover news out there is to almost suggest that NDA's are not a part of business takeovers, to suggest that all of the media are absolutely wrong, to suggest that football clubs have never been taken over without much news coming out, to suggest that Lerner likes to do his business in anything other than as much privacy as possible, I think you're more intelligent than to just ignore all of those known truths, so it feels like you've been a bit facetious for the sake of it, and I don't really understand why. Maybe I'm just reading too much into what seemed like a sarcastic comment.

But hell, I hope you're wrong just because I want Villa to have a new, braver, brighter direction, not just because I want you to be wrong  Very Happy
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:39 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:57 pm

kimbo wrote:
smetro wrote:

I haven't seen the story. But my gut feelings are that a) without even looking at it, is this guy wants a bit of publicity and is declaring some intentions for that reason. I'll probably have a look in a bit out of curiosity.

Even if it is more serious than that, one may suggest that as Arsenal are on the stockmarket, these things have to be out there. Aston Villa are not in such a position.

But also, b) I also feel like you are using that to mock the suggestion that the club is even in negotiations, because you are, rightly or wrongly, taking an almost Comical Ali stance of 'Nothing to see here'. Maybe you don't want to get your hopes up so you can't be disappointed. Maybe you just don't see any evidence. This is all fine, it's your brain/life/opinion, so, whatever, it's your right to take whatever stance you want.

However to mock the takeover news out there is to almost suggest that NDA's are not a part of business takeovers, to suggest that all of the media are absolutely wrong, to suggest that football clubs have never been taken over without much news coming out, to suggest that Lerner likes to do his business in anything other than as much privacy as possible, I think you're more intelligent than to just ignore all of those known truths, so it feels like you've been a bit facetious for the sake of it, and I don't really understand why. Maybe I'm just reading too much into what seemed like a sarcastic comment.

But hell, I hope you're wrong just because I want Villa to have a new, braver, brighter direction, not just because I want you to be wrong  Very Happy

Whoosh >

Youre reading far to much into it
It wasn't a serious post Kimbo ! - I was just jokingly suggesting the richest bloke in africa might just consider us (FA Cup runners up) as his second choice - of course after signing an NDA !

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Whoosh indeed then  🤦 Over the head AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3769219917
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:01 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:

Is that King Joffy Jofur, the ruler of Zamunda?

Sorry it's late, but just a quick moment of appreciation for this!!! Hasn't gone over my head lad! 'The royal penis is clean'
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next