The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:13 pm

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:no matter how you dress it up - nothing has happened today......

Just a bit deflating after the 'exclusivity' and the 'New Shirt sponsor'  drama of the past couple of days.....

I was expecting an interview with a big fat, cigar smoking geezer, with a bunny girl on his lap.....ah maybe tommorow !

Did you honestly think something would happen today? I thought you were joking AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 1662365926 coukd take a few weeks yet mate.........however it's dressed up Very Happy

Nah just kiddin

I don't think anything will happen for a good while........if at all....

Phew AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3769219917 thought you'd gone all 'Twitter irrational' on us haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:17 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Just a bit deflating after the 'exclusivity' and the 'New Shirt sponsor'  drama of the past couple of days.....

I was expecting an interview with a big fat, cigar smoking geezer, with a bunny girl on his lap.....ah maybe tommorow !

Did you honestly think something would happen today? I thought you were joking AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 1662365926 coukd take a few weeks yet mate.........however it's dressed up Very Happy

Nah just kiddin

Phew AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3769219917 thought you'd gone all 'Twitter irrational' on us haha!!

Well no - but if we don't get a strong lead on who our next owner is in the next 45 minutes Im going to amputate my left foot.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:19 pm

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Nah just kiddin

Well no - but if we don't get a strong lead on who our next owner is in the next 45 minutes Im going to amputate my left foot.

It's errrrm Bill Gates.......put the knife down.......back away from the knife AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 1420239857 haha!! (great film though)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:23 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Part 1 one a Tom Fox interview this bit is about Benteke http://ibt.uk/A006Jcc

foxy wasn't impressed with the call to the beasts agent was he AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Second part of the Tom Fox interview, talking takeover and Sherwood courtesy of @nickhowson http://ibt.uk/A006Jcr
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:36 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Second part of the Tom Fox interview, talking takeover and Sherwood courtesy of @nickhowson http://ibt.uk/A006Jcr

very interesting, I think (not because of this statement) we are 100% sold and the news is coming soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:40 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Second part of the Tom Fox interview, talking takeover and Sherwood courtesy of @nickhowson http://ibt.uk/A006Jcr

Twitter will go in hysterical over analysis of this....
Jamie Gray

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:41 pm

For those that may not be able to access the link. Very candid view from Tom Fox. Pretty much confirms we will be sold (for me) no "Lerner is re-energised guff, a honest admittance that change is ahead and nobody's job is safe. Good to see he thinks RL will choose the right type of owner. Problem is billionaires don't like being told want to do and that may of put a few off. If it means we get a good one then it will have been worth it. Also admits it may effect spending until things are resolved. Patience is the key here I think guys!!......

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood's future cannot be 100% guaranteed as the club brace for a £150m ($233m) takeover and the exit of American owner Randy Lerner.

An unknown preferred bidder has been awarded a period of exclusivity to secure their purchase of the Premier League side a year on from Lerner putting the club up for sale.

Separate consortiums led by Chinese businessmen, former Arsenal captain Tony Adams, and ex-Chelsea executive Paul Smith are understood to be interested, as are a group from the United States.

While new ownership often brings substantial investment and breathes new life into struggling teams, it can also lead to instability within the senior positions with managers and directors often vulnerable to being part of a sea of change.

Villa chief-executive Tom Fox admits that while Sherwood is the preferred man now, his role could yet be subject to review. Sherwood kept the club in the Premier League and guided them to a first FA Cup final appearance since 2000 after joining in February having been hired by Lerner,

"The owner of the club is Randy Lerner and he was very supportive of the idea of hiring Tim Sherwood," Fox said. "He hired me, so if a new owner comes in is my position secure in that environment? Who knows, you're dealing in so many hypotheticals there I have no idea."

Despite having only been in charge for four months, Sherwood had planned to stage a significant overhaul in the summer following a campaign that though illuminated by a domestic cup final appearance was undermined by the threat of relegation for long periods.

With Lerner on the brink of leaving Villa, the American businessman is unlikely to invest in the transfer window this summer, leaving uncertainty over where funds for spending may come from should any takeover be delayed or even postponed.

Fox concedes the change of ownership could affect the club's dealings in the window but is hopeful the Villa hierarchy can match Sherwood's ambitions.

"It certainly creates a dynamic, I obviously can't deny that," Fox admitted. "Our owner has indicated he wants to sell and he's doing what he's doing on that side but clearly there is that dynamic that is out there.

"Will that have an impact on how we do things [in the transfer window] and how quickly we do them? Yeah, I can't tell you that it won't. I still believe we will be able to make the changes we want to in the summer to make the squad more competitive for the start of the season.

"One of the reasons we hired Tim was that he has an excellent track record at developing young players. He has a few young players at Villa that he is excited about. There are some players in the squad that he feels he may be able to further develop.

"I think we'll be able to do the business we want to do in the summer even with this other dynamic happening and I have a great deal of confidence in Tim's ability to get performances out of players we have."

Though the identity of the mystery favoured bidder is unknown, Fox has hinted that Lerner will only have considered owners who have shown an understanding and appreciation for Villa's status within English football.

"Randy bought the club because he is familiar with the area," he explained. "He went to Cambridge and he understands the history of the club. When we met he gave me a book of the history of Villa and he talks passionately about the club.

"I think Randy is looking for people who obviously have the financial means to buy it, the financial means to continue support and people who understand what they're getting which is a real jewel within the English game. I am sure those are all part of the criteria that he's looking for."
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:

Won't it just. I'll just grab the Popcorn ok I'm ready haha!! Interesting interview and pretty much confirms change is upon us.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Hmmn Interesting but basically we now have Official confirmation of...............

The VIMBO!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 1662365926
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:48 pm

https://twitter.com/nickhowson/status/608645639187107841 Nick confirms to us that Exclusivity period means consortium is close and that it's clear Fox wants Lerner to stay. Worried about job security maybe?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:49 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

Won't it just. I'll just grab the Popcorn ok I'm ready haha!! Interesting interview and pretty much confirms change is upon us.

Nothing there that involved parties won't already know. It's not as if Tim will read that & get a shock
Jamie Gray

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:51 pm

i should threaten to cut my foot off more often !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Smetro, if you give the doubting thomas shtick a rest for one whole day, I'll give you the quid myself.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:54 pm

looks like that quid is just starting to tickle back the other way a tad there Smetro 8)
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:59 pm

The Utterer wrote:looks like that quid is just starting to tickle back the other way a tad there Smetro 8)

This is Tom Fox who absolutley wan't going to sack lambert !

In all seriousness if he's talking like that - then something must be in the pipeline. Does the 'He knew the area' quote have any signficance......?

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Sherwood's future is not safe then.

I hope We can replace him as soon as the Takeover has completed.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Interesting that Fox talks about the emphasis for Sherwood to develop our own young players, yet has today been quoted as being against the Premier Leagues new proposals for home grown players!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:08 pm

tbarrules wrote:Sherwood's future is not safe then.

I hope We can replace him as soon as the Takeover has completed.

No manager would be safe, not just Tim. This isn't new news tbf
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:16 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Interesting that Fox talks about the emphasis for Sherwood to develop our own young players, yet has today been quoted as being against the Premier Leagues new proposals for home grown players!!

Yes a little contradictory. Maybe it has wider implications than just playing youth?! The two comments don't seem in sync though!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:24 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Interesting that Fox talks about the emphasis for Sherwood to develop our own young players, yet has today been quoted as being against the Premier Leagues new proposals for home grown players!!

Yes a little contradictory. Maybe it has wider implications than just playing youth?! The two comments don't seem in sync though!

The new home grown rule means more English youth not just trained by the club as it is now. It's actually safeguarding our academy as otherwise all top English talent would get stockpiled by the big teams and youth programmes won't be worthwhile or profitable for the majority of others. Fox seems very adapt at giving answers without information. He's like a politician. He must know who and how far away the takeover is yet plays a very straight bat.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:29 pm

DN1982 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

The new home grown rule means more English youth not just trained by the club as it is now. It's actually safeguarding our academy as otherwise all top English talent would get stockpiled by the big teams and youth programmes won't be worthwhile or profitable for the majority of others. Fox seems very adapt at giving answers without information. He's like a politician. He must know who and how far away the takeover is yet plays a very straight bat.

Agreed!

I know what his reasoning is, and I guess he is right to a degree of course....but unfortunately it isn't quite as simple as that!

We lost Dan Crowley to Arsenal from our Academy....the best players will always be tapped up, the key is keeping them. Giving them clear sight of a pathway to the first team would help retain players, and also help attract players.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:35 pm

DN1982 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Cheer for that, makes perfect sense now. He is very much like a politician. Does make me not trust him (just a little bit) the false narrative and re-energised lines were both clearly bullshit, yet he still said them....

Surprised we've released Vlaar, glad but surprised. It was only the other day we were meant to of offered him a new deal. Good luck stepping upto better things you giant ball of cotton wool.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:39 pm

I don't trust Fox at all. Like I've said before he's corporate and only tells you want he wants to, very politician like.

I do think he's good at his job though.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Deal for the club more than £150m, more around the £180m mark. Thank me later.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next