The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Mazrim Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:36 pm

smetro wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:: ''I have a great deal of confidence in Tim's ability to get performances out of players we have."
The words of Tom Fox.

Not sure what to make of that. Not sure why he'd even say it unless we weren't going to make many changes

I really wouldn't worry about it:-

He said he wasn't going to sack lambert - Then Did
He told us 'Randy was minded to sell' - Randy announces 'plan a is still to sell the club'
He Told us he was going grow commercial revenue - then announces a shirt deal wish at best looks comparable to what we already have.

so his recent conflicting statement about being able to business in 'this dynamic' - but TS can get the best out of what we have - shouldn't come as a surprise.

Hes a top, top CEO - and I am sure our new owners will be desperate to keep him on...........(we might loose the shirt sponsor without him after all)

He was wrong to back Lambert at that point, but he did the right thing eventually for the right reasons. Good.
He said Randy was minded to sell, then Randy said the same thing? ... So?
He said he was going to grow revenue... then announces a shirt deal to reflect that just for starters. What are you basing the commercial figures on, The Birmingham Mails plucked out of thin air figure?

Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 5_star12

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Wookster Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:45 pm

If it is still TS in charge next season with backing, he needs to do a similar job that Hughes did at Citeh and steady the ship with a sprinkling of better talent
Wookster
Wookster

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:49 pm

South London Villan wrote:I think Fox is very shrewd and is probably safer than most executives when the deal happens.

Keyser Soze, do you still think it will be Paul Smith?
In my mind Paul Smith is already the CEO and Tony Adams the new DOF. But my mind I'd a very dark place so you don't have to worry yet. Mark Draper has been quite precise about the takeover and I believe him, he mentioned a former player and connections with members on this forum helping out with the sale and I reckon we all have figured out who that is. The thing is he's told there Chinese and the others are saying U.S based. I hope it soon becomes clearer, maybe fifty shades clearer???
I don't gamble but if I did then perhaps a quid on the Azerbaijanis.
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
South London Villan wrote:I think Fox is very shrewd and is probably safer than most executives when the deal happens.

In my mind Paul Smith is already the CEO and Tony Adams the new DOF. But my mind I'd a very dark place so you don't have to worry yet. Mark Draper has been quite precise about the takeover and I believe him, he mentioned a former player and connections with members on this forum helping out with the sale and I reckon we all have figured out who that is. The thing is he's told there Chinese and the others are saying U.S based. I hope it soon becomes clearer, maybe fifty shades clearer???

I haven't figured it out

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 50815218
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:03 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Sounds like transfer activity will be hold then. That's a worrying as we have about 15 players who need to go

Why would transfer activity be on hold. How do you get to that conclusion?

If you buy a house you would always spend something on improvements.
We don't know who the buyer is so we don't know what they have to spend or how much they are paying to acquire, we only have guess work and speculation
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:06 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

I haven't figured it out

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 50815218

Me neither 🎻 (this hasn't been used in a long time, so thought I'd use it)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Any potential buyer has to spend a minimum £50m on players that's not an opinion that is a stone cold fact, That would add atleast 4-5 quality players to a quality starved squad which is so desperately needed. That would be for the owner who is wealthy but not willing to outlay £50m plus a season.

For the owner who is about making serious waves demonstrating serious strength in the market by attempting to bully the likes of the Top 4 & Liverpool + Spurs we would need to spend upwards of £150m in this summer's transfer window.

If I was in scenario one! I would look to buy players of the same ilk as Wijnaldum & Clasie absolute class but not yet reached that level of world class.

If I was in scenario two! I would look to buy a Sterling & Reus players who aren't the finished article but are still world class.

There is no in between with the takeovers if Its American and I doubt it is then I would imagine they would go with scenario one, If its Chinese and that's who I firmly believe it is then I reckon they will do what the Chinese do best spend on lavish purchases and demonstrate they earn and have more than you.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Phew - just trying to catch up.

IMO Fox is hardly going to come out & say we need to buy lots of players because it would take the pressure off the manager. It also manages fan expectations & stops other club from going on red alert to up their prices.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:16 pm

South London Villan wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Sounds like transfer activity will be hold then. That's a worrying as we have about 15 players who need to go

We don't know who the buyer is so we don't know what they have to spend or how much they are paying to acquire, we only have guess work and speculation

There again you would not make improvements until the key was in your hand. Many a sure deal falls flat on it's face (Not trying to jinks this one) you have to look at the bigger picture, yes the house looks fine to me and i could get away with just a few minor repairs, a new door, paint job here and there but until you get the surveyors report you could end up with just a pile of bricks and a roof.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:18 pm

Apologies, I misinterpreted your comment as post sale, you are referring to Vimbo.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Fpuppys wrote:

There again you would not make improvements until the key was in your hand. Many a sure deal falls flat on it's face (Not trying to jinks this one) you have to look at the bigger picture, yes the house looks fine to me and i could get away with just a few minor repairs, a new door, paint job here and there but until you get the surveyors report you could end up with just a pile of bricks and a roof.

I think it's already been mentioned by a few people that they'll be no transfers incoming before the takeover unless it's on a free.
Suits

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Mazrim wrote:
smetro wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:: ''I have a great deal of confidence in Tim's ability to get performances out of players we have."
The words of Tom Fox.

Not sure what to make of that. Not sure why he'd even say it unless we weren't going to make many changes

I really wouldn't worry about it:-

He said he wasn't going to sack lambert - Then Did
He told us 'Randy was minded to sell' - Randy announces 'plan a is still to sell the club'
He Told us he was going grow commercial revenue - then announces a shirt deal wish at best looks comparable to what we already have.

so his recent conflicting statement about being able to business in 'this dynamic' - but TS can get the best out of what we have - shouldn't come as a surprise.

Hes a top, top CEO - and I am sure our new owners will be desperate to keep him on...........(we might loose the shirt sponsor without him after all)

He was wrong to back Lambert at that point, but he did the right thing eventually for the right reasons. Good.
He said Randy was minded to sell, then Randy said the same thing? ... So?
He said he was going to grow revenue... then announces a shirt deal to reflect that just for starters. What are you basing the commercial figures on, The Birmingham Mails plucked out of thin air figure?

Sorry a typo on my part, Fox said 'Randy was not minded to sell' - then Randy said 'Plan a is still to sell the club'
I don't believe I gave a figure for commercial revenue - I just said the new shirt sponsor deal was only comparable to the existing one.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:39 pm

So you must have a figure, otherwise how can you know it's comparable? We know it's more than the previous deal, so why quibble?
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:41 pm

I got a sense from Tom Fox's carefully chosen words that although things are happening behind the scenes it will take another few weeks before there is a definitive announcement of sale.

His comments about Benteke and other transfers indicate a quiet period in the lead up to the club changing hands. I think we just need to be patient until the day dawns when our dreams are either realised or shattered, or maybe that day will leave us feeling 'meh'.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Mazrim wrote:So you must have a figure, otherwise how can you know it's comparable? We know it's more than the previous deal, so why quibble?

So if you 'know' its more - you must have a figure ?

The range of figures I've seen quoted - are from £3-£5m. (ergo comparable)
If it was a record breaking deal - i feel the club would have told us
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:56 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:FFP IS BEING RELAXED!!

Exactly. If Billy Big Bollocks became our new owner he'd pay his way to the top table and the likes of uefa/premier league would welcome that - that's how corrupt these feckers are!...

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1463
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40