The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I don't trust Fox at all. Like I've said before he's corporate and only tells you want he wants to, very politician like.

I do think he's good at his job though.

Which is all that matters?

Simple question to those with an unlike of Fox....would you rather Tom Fox or Paul Faulkner?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:42 pm

mark_draper wrote:Deal for the club more than  £150m, more around the £180m mark. Thank me later.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 1815562058
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:44 pm

Tom Fox seems to get a lot of stick.

Maybe because we were all so anti-Paul Faulkner, we are all a bit more paranoid about Fox and what he should be doing for us.

At the end of the day - Fox made the call to get rid of Lambert and hire Sherwood, which ultimately kept us in the league and got us to a Cup Final. Neither of those things would have happened without Fox's intervention.

I'm sure he does plenty of things in his day-to-day job that we're simply not aware of. We need to give him time.
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:45 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Interesting that Fox talks about the emphasis for Sherwood to develop our own young players, yet has today been quoted as being against the Premier Leagues new proposals for home grown players!!

Yes a little contradictory. Maybe it has wider implications than just playing youth?! The two comments don't seem in sync though!

I also remember a rumour on here, many many months ago that the new owners plan would be to buy up all the quality youth from around Europe. maybe dreaming but im sure that was a rumour.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I don't trust Fox at all. Like I've said before he's corporate and only tells you want he wants to, very politician like.

I do think he's good at his job though.

Which is all that matters?

Simple question to those with an unlike of Fox....would you rather Tom Fox or Paul Faulkner?

I don't dislike fox, I think he's very savvy and smart and will do a great job for us if he is kept on. I don't trust everything he says though. That doesn't equate to me not liking him. He's a massive step up from Faulkner and seems like a proper CEO and not someone that was promoted into the role by his long time boss. Can't compare the two.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:49 pm

I think Fox is very shrewd and is probably safer than most executives when the deal happens.

Keyser Soze, do you still think it will be Paul Smith?
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:50 pm

jimbop wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Interesting that Fox talks about the emphasis for Sherwood to develop our own young players, yet has today been quoted as being against the Premier Leagues new proposals for home grown players!!

Yes a little contradictory. Maybe it has wider implications than just playing youth?! The two comments don't seem in sync though!

I also remember a rumour on here, many many months ago that the new owners plan would be to buy up all the quality youth from around Europe. maybe dreaming but im sure that was a rumour.

There's been lots since Lerner decided to sell haha!! Rings a bell though and wouldn't be a bad thing as long as our own youth were given ample opportunity to develop!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:04 pm

mark_draper wrote:Deal for the club more than  £150m, more around the £180m mark. Thank me later.

£150 + something else innit?
Jamie Gray

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:05 pm

I like Fox, his CV speaks for itself  I also can't think on anyone else who would do any better tbh. He does talk in riddles but at this moment in time who wouldn’t until the deal is done?

I'm sure things will be easier when the team are playing to the level we all no they should be, for him to generate the income required but only time will tell, don't see any reason anyone else would bring someone else in unless they are much better.

Even a top man will need to have a team doing well enough to negotiate to serious deal.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:

£150 + something else innit?

+ £30m? Very Happy
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Sounds like transfer activity will be hold then. That's a worrying as we have about 15 players who need to go
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Don't worry Harry fella, the good times are coming back! Scarf Waving
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:42 pm

mark_draper wrote:Don't worry Harry fella, the good times are coming back! Scarf Waving

I hope so. Don't think I can hang on 6 weeks though
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:44 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:
mark_draper wrote:Don't worry Harry fella, the good times are coming back! Scarf Waving

I hope so. Don't think I can hang on 6 weeks though

You may have to matey!! That said, I think it will be done by Pre-season training at the latest which is July 6th. I reckon as early as 2 weeks!! Fingers crossed
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:47 pm

I haven't got a clue! Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:48 pm

May be longer! The right noises are coming out now, though. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, that's the main thing.

Just got to hope we get the right people, only time will tell on that one, need to give them a few years to help us grow. From what I've heard they'll do exactly that, but you need a bit of luck along the way too.

I also trust Lerner will sell to the right people. I'm sure he's had offers to sell to others but perhaps hasn't seen them as right for Villa. I don't see Lener as a desperate seller. Far from it. But others perceive it that way and I can understand why.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Wasn't the rumour that Lerner wanted £150m but also wanted a specific amount guaranteed for transfers?? Just wondering if Lerner can sell for £180m but only take £150m leaving £30m on the balance sheet for transfers. Would this be allowed under FFP?? I doubt it's been tried as of yet.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:54 pm

I didn't take the information as being anything to do with transfer budget. Just took it as the deal is costing around £180m for the Chinese group to buy the club from Lerner.

I think the "promise" of spending cash is some sort of fantasy idelology us as fans like to think would happen on the handover. But in reality, I'd say it's very unlikely.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:00 pm

I'd rather Lerner hold out for the north stand to be done, looking across from the ticket office it looks fucking shite!!!

A lick of paint would go a long way on the exterior of that stand for sure.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:10 pm

mark_draper wrote:I didn't take the information as being anything to do with transfer budget. Just took it as the deal is costing around £180m for the Chinese group to buy the club from Lerner.

I think the "promise" of spending cash is some sort of fantasy idelology us as fans like to think would happen on the handover. But in reality, I'd say it's very unlikely.

If that's the case we are fooked.  The only way we can improve is by spending the dough.  "Growing the football club organically" is not going to work and is just as much pie in the sky as thinking £££s will blow competition out the water.  If this is the approach the new owners will have, then their venture for purchasing AVFC is self interest - for promotion of their own/other vehicles.  You think the likes of Benteke are going to be impressed by stratigic plans? We have fallen so far behind that "natural growth" will only make us compete with the mediocre - at best.  In football, in life, you get what you pay for... and that's the bottom line. Lerner's *PLAN A" is to sell the club and get the price HE wants - the bests interests of the club and fans may be important to him but these aspects are secondary to be frank.  Lets see what the short term future holds but I'm expecting to be extermely underwhelmed...
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:14 pm

mark_draper wrote:I didn't take the information as being anything to do with transfer budget. Just took it as the deal is costing around £180m for the Chinese group to buy the club from Lerner.

I agree, it's a lovely notion, just not going to happen. We had a rumour last year on here, it went......RL had agreed to sell and he was also leaving a parting gift, the rumour was funnily enough, transfer money or a new North Stand, sadly it was believed by many and yet the guy was blatantly just lying. That's why we're a little bit careful, yes we want discussion and happy for the speculation, only proviso being, don't insult your fellow fans by making stuff up and leading them on. Not too much to ask is it?! Ha!

I forget who it was now (maybe you Mark D?!) said RL wasn't a desperate seller? I agree in the sense he wouldn't just say to anyone at any cost to the club (as long as he got the cash) however I do think he was desperate (or is) to get away and free himself of the burden and also give our club the chance it needs to push on as he knows he can't and doesn't want to do it anymore, so just desperate with different meanings for me. Good luck to him, he's a good guy, just not a very good owner of a football club it turns out, probably too nice (that's no crime though) I wish him well*

Subject to who he sells us to AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 498107619
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:20 pm

bazzah wrote:

If that's the case we are fooked.  The only way we can improve is by spending the dough.  "Growing the football club organically" is not going to work and is just as much pie in the sky as thinking £££s will blow competition out the water.  If this is the approach the new owners will have, then their venture for purchasing AVFC is self interest - for promotion of their own/other vehicles.  You think the likes of Benteke are going to be impressed by strategic plans?  We have fallen so far behind that "natural growth" will only make us compete with the mediocre - at best.  In football, in life, you get what you pay for... and that's the bottom line. Lerner's *PLAN A" is to sell the club and get the price HE wants - the bests interests of the club and fans may be important to him but these aspects are secondary to be frank.  Lets see what the short term future holds but I'm expecting to be extremely underwhelmed...

Nothing wrong with organic growth and steady investment as a business rule and vision, so long as it's accepted that it will need an initial outlay to get us competitive again. This is my understanding. Whoever comes in knows money needs to be spent, not Man City type money, but enough to make us competitive and to then keep us competitive we have steady investment, whilst developing our own youth and expanding our income base as a club with growth throughout the globe via merchandise, greater TV payments and bigger commercial deals, money and success, attract more money and success. It's not going to be any other way for any club now really! If that's not good enough, lay out what is? Be realistic though and look where we are now...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:22 pm

My main thinking was would it be a way of getting round FFP this summer. From next year I think the increased TV money would suffice but we need investment this year.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:27 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Sounds like transfer activity will be hold then.

How does it? Fox says we can still do business even through this "dynamic" - meaning the takeover uncertainty.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Out of interest who were the staff that were told they could leave was it on the commercial side?
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next