The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:33 pm

: ''I have a great deal of confidence in Tim's ability to get performances out of players we have."
The words of Tom Fox.

Not sure what to make of that. Not sure why he'd even say it unless we weren't going to make many changes
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by tbarrules Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:35 pm

He has to Exaggerate what Tim Sherwood can do as he is also under review?
tbarrules

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:40 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
bazzah wrote:
mark_draper wrote:I didn't take the information as being anything to do with transfer budget. Just took it as the deal is costing around £180m for the Chinese group to buy the club from Lerner.

I think the "promise" of spending cash is some sort of fantasy idelology us as fans like to think would happen on the handover. But in reality, I'd say it's very unlikely.

If that's the case we are fooked.  The only way we can improve is by spending the dough.  "Growing the football club organically" is not going to work and is just as much pie in the sky as thinking £££s will blow competition out the water.  If this is the approach the new owners will have, then their venture for purchasing AVFC is self interest - for promotion of their own/other vehicles.  You think the likes of Benteke are going to be impressed by strategic plans?  We have fallen so far behind that "natural growth" will only make us compete with the mediocre - at best.  In football, in life, you get what you pay for... and that's the bottom line. Lerner's *PLAN A" is to sell the club and get the price HE wants - the bests interests of the club and fans may be important to him but these aspects are secondary to be frank.  Lets see what the short term future holds but I'm expecting to be extremely underwhelmed...

Nothing wrong with organic growth and steady investment as a business rule and vision, so long as it's accepted that it will need an initial outlay to get us competitive again. This is my understanding. Whoever comes in knows money needs to be spent, not Man City type money, but enough to make us competitive and to then keep us competitive we have steady investment, whilst developing our own youth and expanding our income base as a club with growth throughout the globe via merchandise, greater TV payments and bigger commercial deals, money and success, attract more money and success. It's not going to be any other way for any club now really! If that's not good enough, lay out what is? Be realistic though and look where we are now...

I agree an initial outlay of transfer funds will be required as we have fallen so far behind.

How much is required is another question depending on who gets sold/who is purchased.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:41 pm

New Owners would want to make a statement so could we see a big signing ?

Thoughts ?
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:43 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:: ''I have a great deal of confidence in Tim's ability to get performances out of players we have."
The words of Tom Fox.

Not sure what to make of that. Not sure why he'd even say it unless we weren't going to make many changes

He said that in ADDITION to what Maz posted also. Basically yes it will be harder as we are going through the takeover process (so it's not the norm) however we still believe we will be able to make improvements (despite this) and that's not even covering the fact we may be sold nest week and then be free to trade as we see fit. Stop worrying and fretting before you need too. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:43 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:: ''I have a great deal of confidence in Tim's ability to get performances out of players we have."
The words of Tom Fox.

I really wouldn't worry about it:-

He said he wasn't going to sack lambert - Then Did
He told us 'Randy was minded to sell' - Randy announces 'plan a is still to sell the club'
He Told us he was going grow commercial revenue - then announces a shirt deal wish at best looks comparable to what we already have.

so his recent conflicting statement about being able to business in 'this dynamic' - but TS can get the best out of what we have - shouldn't come as a surprise.

Hes a top, top CEO - and I am sure our new owners will be desperate to keep him on...........(we might loose the shirt sponsor without him after all)
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:44 pm

There are ways around FFP as its linked into revenue generated. If you are involved or have links to a wealthy company I'm pretty sure you can use these to generate sponsorship as was suggested yesterday in the renaming of Bodymore. Man City have been doing it since Fifa fair play came in as well as ignoring it to a degree.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:46 pm

tbarrules wrote:New Owners would want to make a statement so could we see a big signing ?

Thoughts ?

I think they will want to get there feet under the table. But like when Lerner arrived I hope they will sanction some medium range signings..
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:47 pm

FFP IS BEING RELAXED!!
viva_la_amo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
bazzah wrote:
mark_draper wrote:I didn't take the information as being anything to do with transfer budget. Just took it as the deal is costing around £180m for the Chinese group to buy the club from Lerner.

I think the "promise" of spending cash is some sort of fantasy idelology us as fans like to think would happen on the handover. But in reality, I'd say it's very unlikely.

If that's the case we are fooked.  The only way we can improve is by spending the dough.  "Growing the football club organically" is not going to work and is just as much pie in the sky as thinking £££s will blow competition out the water.  If this is the approach the new owners will have, then their venture for purchasing AVFC is self interest - for promotion of their own/other vehicles.  You think the likes of Benteke are going to be impressed by strategic plans?  We have fallen so far behind that "natural growth" will only make us compete with the mediocre - at best.  In football, in life, you get what you pay for... and that's the bottom line. Lerner's *PLAN A" is to sell the club and get the price HE wants - the bests interests of the club and fans may be important to him but these aspects are secondary to be frank.  Lets see what the short term future holds but I'm expecting to be extremely underwhelmed...

Nothing wrong with organic growth and steady investment as a business rule and vision, so long as it's accepted that it will need an initial outlay to get us competitive again. This is my understanding. Whoever comes in knows money needs to be spent, not Man City type money, but enough to make us competitive and to then keep us competitive we have steady investment, whilst developing our own youth and expanding our income base as a club with growth throughout the globe via merchandise, greater TV payments and bigger commercial deals, money and success, attract more money and success. It's not going to be any other way for any club now really! If that's not good enough, lay out what is? Be realistic though and look where we are now...

I agree an initial outlay of transfer funds will be required as we have fallen so far behind.

How much is required is another question depending on who gets sold/who is purchased.

Spot on AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3769219917 Those coming in will be fully aware of the urgency to invest and improve us (if not we're screwed) If Benteke stays it's a lot less to spend than if he goes, but then if he left we'd have extra funds. I'm sure the new guys will have thought all this through, which is often why they have their own men lined up as they've been talking and getting the appropriate advice. If you were buying a club and planning on spending, you'd either want to speak to current staff to find out what was needed or ask other experts (managers for instance) what was needed to get us back competitive. Interesting times ahead for our club.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:49 pm

smetro wrote:
The words of Tom Fox.

He told us 'Randy was minded to sell' - Randy announces 'plan a is still to sell the club'
He Told us he was going grow commercial revenue - then announces a shirt deal wish at best looks comparable to what we already have.

so his recent conflicting statement about being able to business in 'this dynamic' - but TS can get the best out of what we have - shouldn't come as a surprise.

Hes a top, top CEO - and I am sure our new owners will be desperate to keep him on...........(we might loose the shirt sponsor without him after all)
Do I detect just the tiniest bit of sarcasm Smetro? Very Happy  I'm not criticising, we need a fair bit of negativity dished out to get the rest of us down from the ceiling .... I'm trying to remain calm .... but it ain't easy! Scarf Waving

Keep it coming guys! UP THE VILLA! cheers
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:50 pm

tbarrules wrote:New Owners would want to make a statement so could we see a big signing ?

Thoughts ?

I would love nothing better than an owner making a huge statement bringing in a huge star showing two fingers to the rest of the teams in the league.

Just depends what levels the new owners are prepared to reach.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:55 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
smetro wrote:
The words of Tom Fox.

Do I detect just the tiniest bit of sarcasm Smetro? Very Happy  I'm not criticising, we need a fair bit of negativity dished out to get the rest of us down from the ceiling .... I'm trying to remain calm .... but it ain't easy! Scarf Waving

Just stating a few things he has said.

Personally unless Randy protects him, I don't think his feet will touch the floor if a new owner comes in.

Im not on the ceiling by any means - after last summer i want to see something more substantive before getting carried away.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm

I don't think a huge signing is what we need this summer. In my opinion we need to sign four experienced and talented players who are nailed on first team players, and a big improvement on the players they're replacing.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Fist they should do Is keep Benteke. That would show some ambition
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:59 pm

smetro wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
smetro wrote:
The words of Tom Fox.

Just stating a few things he has said.

Personally unless Randy protects him, I don't think his feet will touch the floor if a new owner comes in.

Im not on the ceiling by any means - after last summer i want to see something more substantive before getting carried away.
That's fair enough.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:59 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Fist they should do Is keep Benteke. That would show some ambition
Fist Benteke! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1662365926
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:01 pm

The new guys wont be dufus's coming in to asset strip, they are buying a football club to compete as that's randy's legacy, sourcing the owner is the one thing he can get right. In order for us to compete we need to improve the what we do on the field, get that bit right and the rest will fall into place.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:01 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Fist they should do Is keep Benteke. That would show some ambition
Fist Benteke! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1662365926

hahaha I thought the same AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1420239857

Last edited by Dgrizzle7 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:

Thoughts ?

I would love nothing better than an owner making a huge statement bringing in a huge star showing two fingers to the rest of the teams in the league.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1420239857 What? that's like sticking a Ferrari engine in a Mini.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:04 pm

Fpuppys wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:

Thoughts ?

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 1420239857  What? that's like sticking a Ferrari engine in a Mini.

obviously with some additional quality players on board.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:16 pm

It's frankly ridiculous to think whoever is coming in doesn't realise an initial outlay of transfer cash is required. A sustainable spending policy thereafter doesn't mean we won't spend some decent money initially
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:It's frankly ridiculous to think whoever is coming in doesn't realise an initial outlay of transfer cash is required. A sustainable spending policy thereafter doesn't mean we won't spend some decent money initially

Exactly. Whoever comes in will know that they won't get away with spending £5m-£15m every summer like Lerner has been for the past few years. Just to stand still we will need to spend in excess of £10m.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:26 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 498107619

We may lose him faster that way ha! or you never know he may be forced to stay, not sure he'll be up for much football though :moon:
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:30 pm

Thoughts ?
Adebayo Akinfenwa
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next