The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:14 am

Trotters wrote:I think the Kim Jong Un Hleathcare takeover is more likely than that, Smetro. I do think Lerner will sell us to the right people.

As I said before - this is the man who thought Alex Mcleish was the answer to our problems !!! - so thats his judgement !

I seem to recall that the cleveland browns haven't done that well under the owners that Lerner sold to......

We need Names !
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Mikethevillan Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:15 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:Oooooo exciting!!!

Forget Paul Smith, it won't be him, he's down the pecking order
Exciting like when a carnival comes to town?
r

I see what you did there! Very Happy
Mikethevillan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:30 am

Trotters wrote:
Mazrim wrote:I don't think we'll have to wait 6 weeks. This is the endgame. If one of the parties has exclusivity, they are the preferred bidder and it's theirs to lose. They've most likely already crunched the numbers, this is just formalities and sizing up. They could still pull out of course but that would be a chronic waste of time and money to get this far, only to throw it all away.

And if they are the chosen bidder, they must have clout behind them, even it is Smith, which I doubt. So I wouldn't worry on that front.

Interesting times.

Makes sense.

And let's not forget that Tom Fox came in when we were up for sale. Why? Many of us assumed then it was because he was the new owner's guy. Why else would he jump on a shitty, sinking ship that would see him out on his ear again when, eventually, a new owner took the reigns?

We've heard that one of the parties has been previously mentioned and disappeared. Maybe they wanted the books looking a little more healthy; maybe FFP turned them off; maybe they got pissed off being outed by TBAR! :) :) :) Ooops!

Whatever it was, they're now back. And if that's the case, then Tom Fox is their man and he's the one that's put them front and centre in all this. He's the one that's got the club on an even keel for them. Again, if this is the case, I think Fox's motivations for coming here are clear...it should be financially rewarding for him. Plus he gets to be the CEO of a club with a new, ambitious owner.

If it's a Chinese bid that has exclusivity then it makes a total nonsense of Fox leaving Arsenal to come here.

So Im gonna guess they're American and that they've been strongly linked before.

Nope. Will be Chinese investment.

Time will tell.
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:32 am

I Think/hope wheels are already in motion and we won’t need to wait 6wks.

Fox leaving the comforts at Arsenal for the tough job at Aston Villa, is defiantly much more than just a title change from the two positions for me.

Not fused Chinese/American as long as they invest in the team ,have with the correct people onboard to push us back to the heights we’ve all been starved from I’ll be happy.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:33 am

mark_draper wrote:
Trotters wrote:
Mazrim wrote:I don't think we'll have to wait 6 weeks. This is the endgame. If one of the parties has exclusivity, they are the preferred bidder and it's theirs to lose. They've most likely already crunched the numbers, this is just formalities and sizing up. They could still pull out of course but that would be a chronic waste of time and money to get this far, only to throw it all away.

And if they are the chosen bidder, they must have clout behind them, even it is Smith, which I doubt. So I wouldn't worry on that front.

Interesting times.

Makes sense.

And let's not forget that Tom Fox came in when we were up for sale. Why? Many of us assumed then it was because he was the new owner's guy. Why else would he jump on a shitty, sinking ship that would see him out on his ear again when, eventually, a new owner took the reigns?

We've heard that one of the parties has been previously mentioned and disappeared. Maybe they wanted the books looking a little more healthy; maybe FFP turned them off; maybe they got pissed off being outed by TBAR! :) :) :) Ooops!

Whatever it was, they're now back. And if that's the case, then Tom Fox is their man and he's the one that's put them front and centre in all this. He's the one that's got the club on an even keel for them. Again, if this is the case, I think Fox's motivations for coming here are clear...it should be financially rewarding for him. Plus he gets to be the CEO of a club with a new, ambitious owner.

If it's a Chinese bid that has exclusivity then it makes a total nonsense of Fox leaving Arsenal to come here.

So Im gonna guess they're American and that they've been strongly linked before.

Time will tell.

You seem confident mate!!

You holding back??
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:37 am

That article says HRH spoke to the 3 richest men in China about football and how to increase brand awareness in the UK.

It also tells us that anything associated with our Royal family, royal warrants at House of Fraser, really gets their anglophile juices flowing.

It is surely too much to believe that one of the 3 mentioned could be the new owners, OMFG, dare to dream.
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:42 am

Whoever it is, the important thing is that at last this looks real. No ITK spurious speculation, this is being covered by all quarters of the sports media.

Let the good times roll!!!
Thinman
Thinman

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:45 am

South London Villan wrote:That article says HRH spoke to the 3 richest men in China about football and how to increase brand awareness in the UK.

It also tells us that anything associated with our Royal family, royal warrants at House of Fraser, really gets their anglophile juices flowing.

It is surely too much to believe that one of the 3 mentioned could be the new owners, OMFG, dare to dream.

What article??
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:48 am

West Ham Were Targeting Bielsa.

If We Get Mega Rich Owners Why can't We target him? Much Better than Sherwood.

I Hope if Bielsa is Interested We give him the job over Sherwood to Rebuild.

I Also hope If we Do come In the money we don't buy all English players
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:57 am

Bielsa is either going to stay at Marseile or accept the West Ham offer
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:02 am

Or We Could Try and Get Him depending on Who Takes us Over.

If We Were about to Invest upwards of £80m On THis Team I want someone Experienced not Sherwood.

Sherwood was Good for us under Lerner but if The goalposts Change, He needs Replacing with Someone better or a better Reputation.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:09 am

Dgrizzle7 wrote:
South London Villan wrote:That article says HRH spoke to the 3 richest men in China about football and how to increase brand awareness in the UK.

What article??

http://en.sanpowergroup.com/content/details_46_1560.html

This one
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:12 am

tbarrules wrote:Or We Could Try and Get Him depending on Who Takes us Over.

If We Were about to Invest upwards of £80m On THis Team I want someone Experienced not Sherwood.

Sherwood was Good for us under Lerner but if The goalposts Change, He needs Replacing with Someone better or a better Reputation.

I don't think FFP would allow them to plough £80m in straight away.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:18 am

Funny how so many people were vehemently against a the notion of a takeover happening only days ago are now the ones so strongly banging the drum about the nationality and identity with real conviction haha! funny old world.

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:20 am

Suits wrote:
tbarrules wrote:Or We Could Try and Get Him depending on Who Takes us Over.

I don't think FFP would allow them to plough £80m in straight away.

Tbarrules you're adamant we won't be taken over, so that's not a dilemma for you, let others worry about a new manager once we have new money Very Happy

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:22 am

I've Only Gone on What I've Heard, Not my Opinion
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:34 am

If someone is in exclusivity, then surely that means it's 99% a done deal. I can't imagine the club going to the point of excluding other bidders unless they were sure that they'd got their man/men.
The next steps will be interesting. Vlaar seems to not be impressed with whatever efforts we've made, so that could mean that we are not bothered about keeping him. Same with Cleverley. If new owners that were minted are imminent, then if these two were wanted, the money would have been available surely.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:36 am

tbarrules wrote:I've Only Gone on What I've Heard, Not my Opinion

Is it not normal to form your opinion from what you hear? Or do people genuinely form an opinion from what they haven't heard?

I was in the no camp until I had a message last weekend...this brought me firmly onto the fence....Chrissylee's messages have been swaying me towards a yes over the last few days....and yesterdays story has put me firmly in the yes camp!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:37 am

GadgetMan wrote:Funny how so many people were vehemently against a the notion of a takeover happening only days ago are now the ones so strongly banging the drum about the nationality and identity with real conviction haha! funny old world.

I think you're pointing fingers at myself.

I haven't been vehemently against the notion of a takeover at all. We are, at the end of the day, for sale.

Just because I disagree that it will be Americans, doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion. The educated guess would be on Chinese backers.

Americans would have come to the front a long, long time ago. That boat has sailed.

Again, all my own opinion.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:44 am

Dgrizzle7 wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Interesting times.

Makes sense.

Time will tell.

You holding back??

I've heard a couple of rumours from people I trust.

I'm not one to bang on forums about being ITK, because I'm not.

But the word is Chinese investment and a very strategic, sustainable and consistent plan moving forward. The Chinese market would be a huge one to tap into, which is easier said than done. But we may have the people who have the commercial acumen to make such a fruitful market become reality.

Lerner will only sell us to good people who have a real understanding that you need to spend to just stand still in the Premiership.

Like I said, time will tell.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:50 am

mark_draper wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Interesting times.

Makes sense.

Time will tell.

You holding back??

I've heard a couple of rumours from people I trust.

I'm not one to bang on forums about being ITK, because I'm not.

But the word is Chinese investment and a very strategic, sustainable and consistent plan moving forward. The Chinese market would be a huge one to tap into, which is easier said than done. But we may have the people who have the commercial acumen to make such a fruitful market become reality.

Lerner will only sell us to good people who have a real understanding that you need to spend to just stand still in the Premiership.

Like I said, time will tell.

I hope what you say is true....I think we have started making in roads into our marketing in China.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 am

mark_draper wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:Funny how so many people were vehemently against a the notion of a takeover happening only days ago are now the ones so strongly banging the drum about the nationality and identity with real conviction haha! funny old world.

I think you're pointing fingers at myself.

I haven't been vehemently against the notion of a takeover at all. We are, at the end of the day, for sale.

Just because I disagree that it will be Americans, doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion. The educated guess would be on Chinese backers.

Americans would have come to the front a long, long time ago. That boat has sailed.

Again, all my own opinion.

No pointing of fingers and it could apply to half a dozen people. Nothing wrong with it as people change their mind, doesn't stop me thinking it's funny given some of the significant scepticism. Just an opinion, like yours!! Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeWilliamsOBE Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:04 am

I remember when Man City got taken over by the Arabs and all the mancs were on sky news with tea towels on their heads, I can already see the pissed up brummies slanting their eyes and shouting we love you long time down the news teams microphones if it is a Chinese consortium!
LukeWilliamsOBE
LukeWilliamsOBE

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:14 am

Rickshaws at the ready chaps!
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:15 am

South London Villan wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:

What article??

http://en.sanpowergroup.com/content/details_46_1560.html

This one

Thanks Fella
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next