The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Not long now guys. Something tells me our new owners will rise with the sun rather than settle with it.
viva_la_amo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:56 pm

An interesting day. Don't believe ALL too read in the press. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for all your contributions today, some really good points made and discussed in a really respectful manner. Really great to see. Interesting times lie ahead. Whatever they are, let's all
Keep posting and keep discussing. To some of the less regular posters. Please stick around. It's good to get fresh input and all contributons add to the forum AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 3769219917 Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 pm

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that it's the Chinese bid.

So expect it to be the Yanks  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:12 am

It could be the Wu Tang Clan, American but sound Chinese.
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:01 am

Does this mean I'm gonna have to start buying the telegraph as it seems to be the media outlet of choice for the club?? 

It's an easier choice with the lack of AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1815562058 in the sun.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:20 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Well it has begun. I mentioned the article to my friend and he said that it fits the bill, he said there are a few reasons to why their name can not be released. He seems to think that it will all make sense when their name is released. The exciting news is that apparently they are extremely wealthy and out to prove a point. There is even a strategy in how their name is released, he expects us to know names in the next few weeks.

A few weeks? You have until lunchtime on Wednesday to find out or you're banned! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1015550615
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:21 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Hope it's not smith and Adams. It's looking better though

Hope they have at least 10 billion

10 billion what? Yen? Fuck me, even I have 10 billion yen. That's only about a dollar fifty.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:36 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Yes, my mate seems to think they are American. As some have said, it would be hard to keep the name out of the spot light, I think the next two weeks will shed some light on it. By the sounds of things we are further down the line as the article leads us to believe.

I don't think it will be Americans. Lerner has had a long time to find someone in America to buy the club off us, long before the official "we are for sale" speech he made last year.

There will be a lot of names involved in this deal and guess what? We won't hear about them until the club is in new hands.

If I had to guess? I'd say it was a Chinese consortium and they'll be good people. For all Lerner's mistakes, the man is undoubtedly a good man, and will sell to the best people for AVFC.
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:39 am

I'd also not expect anything further on this for 6 weeks, if not longer.
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:40 am

Dgrizzle7 wrote:I agree.

can't help but think the media are behind and lerner is two steps ahead

100% this.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:42 am

Our new owner revealed!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Kim-Jong-Il-in-Team-Ameri-001
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:52 am

I still think the only offer is the Paul Smith and Tony Adams one. It was rumoured a few days ago they had raised 150 million and I think Paul Smith flew out to meet Lerner yeasterday.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:52 am

Something tells me they are not American.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:54 am

Keyser Soze wrote:I still think the only offer is the Paul Smith and Tony Adams one. It was rumoured a few days ago they had raised 150 million and I think Paul Smith flew out to meet Lerner yeasterday.

All media outlets including Sky Sports / ESPN & BBC along with a few broadsheets have said Paul Smith is not the party granted exclusivitym I would imagine given the fact its not often all outlets agree that this is genuine.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:58 am

Oooooo exciting!!!

Forget Paul Smith, it won't be him, he's down the pecking order
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:12 am

mark_draper wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:I agree.

can't help but think the media are behind and lerner is two steps ahead

100% this.

5% this. Given the last few years, I'd say Lener is two steps behind. It's just the media are 4 steps behind.

Half of their info probably comes from here anyway. We bring it up as a supposition, the media runs with it as a hot rumour, we then treat it as semi-gospel. ChrissyLee comes along, pisses on everyone chips, start all over again. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:13 am

The only consistent is poor, depressive Harry.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:13 am

I don't think we'll have to wait 6 weeks. This is the endgame. If one of the parties has exclusivity, they are the preferred bidder and it's theirs to lose. They've most likely already crunched the numbers, this is just formalities and sizing up. They could still pull out of course but that would be a chronic waste of time and money to get this far, only to throw it all away.

And if they are the chosen bidder, they must have clout behind them, even it is Smith, which I doubt. So I wouldn't worry on that front.

Interesting times.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:14 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Our new owner revealed!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Kim-Jong-Il-in-Team-Ameri-001

First signing is......Arrr naarrr! Arek Baardwin.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:24 am

Mazrim wrote:I don't think we'll have to wait 6 weeks. This is the endgame. If one of the parties has exclusivity, they are the preferred bidder and it's theirs to lose. They've most likely already crunched the numbers, this is just formalities and sizing up. They could still pull out of course but that would be a chronic waste of time and money to get this far, only to throw it all away.

And if they are the chosen bidder, they must have clout behind them, even it is Smith, which I doubt. So I wouldn't worry on that front.

Interesting times.

Makes sense.

And let's not forget that Tom Fox came in when we were up for sale. Why? Many of us assumed then it was because he was the new owner's guy. Why else would he jump on a shitty, sinking ship that would see him out on his ear again when, eventually, a new owner took the reigns?

We've heard that one of the parties has been previously mentioned and disappeared. Maybe they wanted the books looking a little more healthy; maybe FFP turned them off; maybe they got pissed off being outed by TBAR! :) :) :) Ooops!

Whatever it was, they're now back. And if that's the case, then Tom Fox is their man and he's the one that's put them front and centre in all this. He's the one that's got the club on an even keel for them. Again, if this is the case, I think Fox's motivations for coming here are clear...it should be financially rewarding for him. Plus he gets to be the CEO of a club with a new, ambitious owner.

If it's a Chinese bid that has exclusivity then it makes a total nonsense of Fox leaving Arsenal to come here.

So Im gonna guess they're American and that they've been strongly linked before.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:33 am

Trotters wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Our new owner revealed!

First signing is......Arrr naarrr! Arek Baardwin.

"In an attempt to legitimise North Korea Kim Jong Un has been unveiled as the owner of Aston Villa and has pledged to spend 10% of the countries GDP, which would normally be spent on healthcare, on the club per year - £4bn"
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:40 am

Or its a real crap lveraged bid, but its the only one - and being the cheapskates they are, they don't want to conclude until the transfer window closes...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:50 am

I think the Kim Jong Un Hleathcare takeover is more likely than that, Smetro. I do think Lerner will sell us to the right people.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:08 am

Jamie Gray wrote:Oooooo exciting!!!

Forget Paul Smith, it won't be him, he's down the pecking order
Exciting like when a carnival comes to town?
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:12 am

http://en.sanpowergroup.com/content/details_46_1560.html

Seems Prince William 'talked football' and football investment with both Jack Ma and Wang Jianlin on his visit to China in March!

Add this to the article posted yesterday where Wang Jianlin states he intends to make further purchases in football.....and wow...just imagine!!

Maybe the fact our future king is such a publicly proud Villan...really will help sell us!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next