The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:02 pm

Well it's going to happen with either the Texans or Wang now theyve had Harry's stamp of approval. That's no mean feat if you're reading mystery buyer, the man is not easily pleased. 10 billion + or bog off!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 498107619 Drumroll Please AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by South London Villan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:06 pm

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/asia/16378-chinese-wanda-waves-its-wonga-and-buys-1bn-infront-sports-rights-agency

There is just one thing about Wang Jianlin and one of his recent $1bill acquisitions, it is run by Sepp Blatter's nephew who is to be kept on to run the show.

Last edited by South London Villan on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:09 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Well it's going to happen with either the Texans or Wang now theyve had Harry's stamp of approval. That's no mean feat if you're reading mystery buyer, the man is not easily pleased. 10 billion + or bog off!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 498107619 Drumroll Please AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 3769219917

Only the best for Villa. Don't want some unambitious bloke who will only put 20 mill in this summer. It's our time. Let's go big, verity very big 

The names of bob rich and Davies etc fill me with fear.
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:33 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:Well it's going to happen with either the Texans or Wang now theyve had Harry's stamp of approval. That's no mean feat if you're reading mystery buyer, the man is not easily pleased. 10 billion + or bog off!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 498107619 Drumroll Please AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 3769219917

Only the best for Villa. Don't want some unambitious bloke who will only put 20 mill in this summer. It's our time. Let's go big, verity very big 

Whilst I think it's nice to dream and aim big, there has to be a realisation that it may not be that easy and it won't take 10 billion + to make us a very good team again. A smart savvy person/or group of people with say 3 to 5 billion would be far more effective than some plumb with no football or business accumen worth 10 billion in real estate. It's also disposable cash that needs to be factored into the equation. Someone could have 10 bill in paper wealth but none of it can be used to spend as all tied up in other projects, yet someone less well off on paper may have more disposable cash and more importantly a wish to spend it. It's not just about cash and net wealth. It's about ambition, vision, appetite for the game, morals, ethics, values etc etc if we can get all that AND 37 million then brilliant. As the last 12 months odd have shown that type of owner doesn't grown on trees. They're a rarity, even more so these days.

Let's not just dismiss anyone worth less than 10 billion as that would be ludicrous. Plenty of 'just' billionaires that coukd do a brilliant job at a club like ours. Have an open mind is all I'm saying really. We may not want a 'steady eddy' but even Lerner would have been ok if he's not lost total interest, he coukd have now spent enough to get us competitive again. Look at Southampton. That's the model we should be looking to emulate. It's sustainable, full of ambition, but not reliant on huge huge amounts of cash!! UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:40 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

Whilst I think it's nice to dream and aim big, there has to be a realisation that it may not be that easy and it won't take 10 billion + to make us a very good team again. A smart savvy person/or group of people with say 3 to 5 billion would be far more effective than some plumb with no football or business accumen worth 10 billion in real estate. It's also disposable cash that needs to be factored into the equation. Someone could have 10 bill in paper wealth but none of it can be used to spend as all tied up in other projects, yet someone less well off on paper may have more disposable cash and more importantly a wish to spend it. It's not just about cash and net wealth. It's about ambition, vision, appetite for the game, morals, ethics, values etc etc if we can get all that AND 37 million then brilliant. As the last 12 months odd have shown that type of owner doesn't grown on trees. They're a rarity, even more so these days.

Let's not just dismiss anyone worth less than 10 billion as that would be ludicrous. Plenty of 'just' billionaires that coukd do a brilliant job at a club like ours. Have an open mind is all I'm saying really. We may not want a 'steady eddy' but even Lerner would have been ok if he's not lost total interest, he coukd have now spent enough to get us competitive again. Look at Southampton. That's the model we should be looking to emulate. It's sustainable, full of ambition, but not reliant on huge huge amounts of cash!! UTV

Very true. I suppose I've given up of waiting for Vila to  turn good. Southampton model would take years, or we could go big hitters from day one. I'm hoping it's one or the other 

Southampton model would make very Villan very proud. Great youth system, and young manager who will bring them through could be the way. At the same time though, if it's 3-5 billion, they will have to spend a good 40/50 mill this summer. Squad overhaul needed. Lowton, Wiemann, Clev, Vlaar, Benteke will be going. A load more still needed
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:46 pm

The Glazers are worth $4bn
John W Henry only $1.6bn
Joe Lewis $4bn
Mike Ashley $6bn
The bloke who owns 1/3 of QPR is worth $13bn!!!
Southampton bird £3bn

My point? Loads of money is great but not if you use it like a moron (ie QPR had more money than Chelsea, did it help? Spurs are wealthier than Liverpool, Newcastle wealthier than BOTH)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:59 am

Villa_Dan wrote:The Glazers are worth $4bn
John W Henry only $1.6bn
Joe Lewis $4bn
Mike Ashley $6bn
Southampton bird £3bn

My point? Loads of money is great but not if you use it like a moron (ie QPR had more money than Chelsea, did it help? Spurs are wealthier than Liverpool, Newcastle wealthier than BOTH)

Precisely you need more, a desire to spend it and a whole lot of know how.....let's hope that's what we're getting. Whatever the nationality, I don't care if they have those qualities. Add being a decent human being with the right ethics and I'll be a happy villa fan.

I think it's going to happen, I know it is. I've
Been adamant for months now. This is the summer and it will be soon imo time for Lerner to leave his legacy....the person/people he hands over the custodianship too, will be his main legacy! Nice guy, but just didn't have what it takes and that wasn't money! The right team, from top to bottom (owner to manager/coaches) can achieve great things at a club like ours. It's all set up and waiting for someone to come and wake up this very deep sleeping giant.

The lion will roar once more (no I've not been drinking (Well green tea) just feel optimistic Scarf Waving

My head has been telling me it's going to be a U.S. Bid, however things I've heard and read make it hugely plausible it could be Chinese. Add to that a little info here and there and I'm bloody confused ha!! Let's not pretend we all know as none of us do, we have our thoughts, opinions, instincts etc! That's all
It is though. Let's just hope it's a brilliant new and exciting chapter for us success and good times starved villa fans. We will bloody appreciate the good times should they come back and certainly wouldn't be leaving Wembley before seeing us lift the cup (id give up football if we ever
Became that club) we won't though as we're a 'proper' club and we deserve our moment in the spotlight!! So
Someone sign on the dotted line and make themselves a hero for evermore and bloody hurry up about it....thanks AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 1375627042 UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:02 am

Ps that was typed on my phone so forgive any typos or layout errors and it's late Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:26 am

LukeWilliamsOBE wrote:I remember when Man City got taken over by the Arabs and all the mancs were on sky news with tea towels on their heads, I can already see the pissed up brummies slanting their eyes and shouting we love you long time down the news teams microphones if it is a Chinese consortium!

I was sat at work this morning trying to discretely catch up on the latest news. Discrete went out the window after reading this...A proper coffee spitter!
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:28 am

tbarules: could you do us a favour and check the settings on your phone/clean the peanut butter out of your shift key? Every word starts with an upper case letter and it makes for painful reading.

Ta.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:07 am

It's all very exciting, really hope we here some news news on the bidders identity soon. Scarf Waving
gdav
gdav

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:31 am

The new owners will not be ala City or Chelsea. They are very strategic people who will work hard to make us successful and make us self-generating.

They're by no means "poor" though. In slight excess of £5bn.
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:06 am

John W Henry only $1.6bn
Joe Lewis $4bn
Mike Ashley $6bn
Southampton bird £3bn

No way is Mike Ashley worth $6bn!!
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:09 am

HarryAVFC wrote:

Yeah but the site of your shadow fills you with fear!

Relax Harry, it's not an American.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:11 am

oooooooooooooooooooooooo larry larry

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:25 am

mark_draper wrote:The new owners will not be ala City or Chelsea. They are very strategic people who will work hard to make us successful and make us self-generating.

Give us a name then? American ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:26 am

viva_la_amo wrote:
John W Henry only $1.6bn
Joe Lewis $4bn
Mike Ashley $6bn
Southampton bird £3bn

No way is Mike Ashley worth $6bn!!

No you are correct, I was going of his Wikipedia entry. According to Forbes he's worth $4.8bn as of this morning

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 Image12
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:26 am

Some quality, Grade-A jounalism here from Steve Wollaston:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-gossip-name-exclusive-9423303

Aston Villa gossip: Name of 'exclusive' interested party revealed?

07:15, 10 June 2015
   By Steve Wollaston

Wikipedia entry for American billionaire links him to Aston Villa

Aston Villa look to be on the brink of a sale with one interested party now being granted 'exclusivity' as talks progress to switch ownership of the club.

Who is the mystery party though?

Well, whilst it does remain a mystery for now, the Wikipedia page of American/Israeli billionaire Micky Arison links him as the mystery party involved.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 A-rather-old-picture-of-Micky-Arison

We all know that the Wikipedia pages can be edited freely and therefore it's safe not to read too much in to it for now.

The line on his page reads... 'It is rumoured that he has shown interest in buying Aston Villa football club after being granted exclusivity.'

We have however come up with a few facts and figures on Arison just for reference.

65-year-old Arison was born in Tel-Aviv, Israel
   He has been loosely linked to a takeover when Randy Lerner first put the club up for sale
   He is the chairman of Carnival Corporation, the world's largest operator of cruises. His father is co-founder of the business
   He has a net worth of $7.1 billion
   In 2011 he was named the 169th richest person in the world
   He is the owner of American basketball team The Miami Heat
   He lives in Florida
   We wouldn't read too much into this if we were you!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:31 am

The kit sponsorship was always going to be the give away to the new owners..... so we have an American company looking to grow in Asia.... Doh !!! The search for clues goes on AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 1662365926
1Elliot
1Elliot

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:33 am

is the micky arison thing a wind up? I can remember them fookin photos!!! anyone still got the photos??

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:36 am

Sure as shit isn't the one in the Mail article. When was that taken? 1957?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:39 am

HarryAVFC wrote:
mark_draper wrote:The new owners will not be ala City or Chelsea. They are very strategic people who will work hard to make us successful and make us self-generating.

I've no name and not ITK.

Just what I've been told by a very well linked-source. Doesn't work for ML but does have links to the financial sector and Asia.

He's 100% sure Chinese investors and will be Villa "links" connected to them, i.e. Ex players / well known "Villa men."
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:39 am

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 31 Screen10

Yeah, right!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:41 am

mark_draper wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

I've no name and not ITK.

Just what I've been told by a very well linked-source. Doesn't work for ML but does have links to the financial sector and Asia.

He's 100% sure Chinese investors and will be Villa "links" connected to them, i.e. Ex players / well known "Villa men."

One thing I cannot see is Chinese investors "sharing". And sure as shit not with thick ex-footballers.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:42 am

Trotters wrote:Sure as shit isn't the one in the Mail article. When was that taken? 1957?

the cheeky bastards have robbed are photos!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next