The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by South London Villan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:16 am

Embarassed

Last edited by South London Villan on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
South London Villan
South London Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:17 am

GadgetMan wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:Funny how so many people were vehemently against a the notion of a takeover happening only days ago are now the ones so strongly banging the drum about the nationality and identity with real conviction haha! funny old world.

I think you're pointing fingers at myself.

I haven't been vehemently against the notion of a takeover at all. We are, at the end of the day, for sale.

Just because I disagree that it will be Americans, doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion. The educated guess would be on Chinese backers.

Americans would have come to the front a long, long time ago. That boat has sailed.

Again, all my own opinion.

No pointing of fingers and it could apply to half a dozen people. Nothing wrong with it as people change their mind, doesn't stop me thinking it's funny given some of the significant scepticism. Just an opinion, like yours!! Scarf Waving

No problemo. Nothing personal - we all want the same thing here.

The wait is going to be torturing!
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:20 am

When Do We Expect We Will Get names of The people Involved?

Can Anyone See it Leaking before The Exclusivity period is done.
tbarrules

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:27 am

mark_draper wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:Funny how so many people were vehemently against a the notion of a takeover happening only days ago are now the ones so strongly banging the drum about the nationality and identity with real conviction haha! funny old world.

I think you're pointing fingers at myself.

I haven't been vehemently against the notion of a takeover at all. We are, at the end of the day, for sale.

Just because I disagree that it will be Americans, doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion. The educated guess would be on Chinese backers.

Americans would have come to the front a long, long time ago. That boat has sailed.

Again, all my own opinion.

No pointing of fingers and it could apply to half a dozen people. Nothing wrong with it as people change their mind, doesn't stop me thinking it's funny given some of the significant scepticism. Just an opinion, like yours!! Scarf Waving

No problemo. Nothing personal - we all want the same thing here.

The wait is going to be torturing!

Absolutely, well said! One thing we all have in common even with differing views is wanting the best for our great club AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 3769219917

I agree it will be torture, although I've said for ages now I think it will be done before pre season. I stand by that.

With regards to names, due to NDA's been signed. I can't see any names being announced or leaked until the individuals want them too, ie when it's done. I think unless there's some sort of leak in a camp then it should remain private (as frustrating as that is, best to let them crack on and get it done) we're only a few weeks away now lads (imo) Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:27 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:
mark_draper wrote:
Trotters wrote:
Mazrim wrote:I don't think we'll have to wait 6 weeks. This is the endgame. If one of the parties has exclusivity, they are the preferred bidder and it's theirs to lose. They've most likely already crunched the numbers, this is just formalities and sizing up. They could still pull out of course but that would be a chronic waste of time and money to get this far, only to throw it all away.

And if they are the chosen bidder, they must have clout behind them, even it is Smith, which I doubt. So I wouldn't worry on that front.

Interesting times.

Makes sense.

And let's not forget that Tom Fox came in when we were up for sale. Why? Many of us assumed then it was because he was the new owner's guy. Why else would he jump on a shitty, sinking ship that would see him out on his ear again when, eventually, a new owner took the reigns?

We've heard that one of the parties has been previously mentioned and disappeared. Maybe they wanted the books looking a little more healthy; maybe FFP turned them off; maybe they got pissed off being outed by TBAR! :) :) :) Ooops!

Whatever it was, they're now back. And if that's the case, then Tom Fox is their man and he's the one that's put them front and centre in all this. He's the one that's got the club on an even keel for them. Again, if this is the case, I think Fox's motivations for coming here are clear...it should be financially rewarding for him. Plus he gets to be the CEO of a club with a new, ambitious owner.

If it's a Chinese bid that has exclusivity then it makes a total nonsense of Fox leaving Arsenal to come here.

So Im gonna guess they're American and that they've been strongly linked before.

Nope. Will be Chinese investment.

Time will tell.

You seem confident mate!!

You holding back??

I've heard a couple of rumours from people I trust.

I'm not one to bang on forums about being ITK, because I'm not.

But the word is Chinese investment and a very strategic, sustainable and consistent plan moving forward. The Chinese market would be a huge one to tap into, which is easier said than done. But we may have the people who have the commercial acumen to make such a fruitful market become reality.

Lerner will only sell us to good people who have a real understanding that you need to spend to just stand still in the Premiership.

Like I said, time will tell.

I hope what you say is true....I think we have started making in roads into our marketing in China.

I've no reason to disbelieve the conversations I've had. These are people with sound commercial acumen across the UK.

But then Chrisylee has been told it's Americans - so it's anyone's guess.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:30 am

I was in the 'I have no idea camp' and have moved to the 'this sounds interesting and promising camp'. Until Lerner takes his name from over the door at VP we are not under new management and I am sure there are a million and one things that can go wrong but it is good that all the media outlets are singing from the same hymn sheet on this one.

I think the secrecy thing doesn't really indicate the nationality of the buyer. What people have to remember is that Fox was NBA Asia CEO so he has links both in the States and Far East so that doesn't help us.

Whoever they are I hope they bring a sustainable and long term plan that is actually kept to and not binned once they get bored, or divorced or the cat gets sick or something. We have seen Lerner piss his millions up the wall over paying for players on silly long expensive contracts. We have seen ridiculous managerial appointments and a mates network in running the club. Millions paid out to sack incompetent fools contracts even when they walked away and left us in the smelly stuff.

I want to see proper marketing, maximization of income, a club philosophy on playing style and youth development and I want the club the put it's self in touch with the fans again. This for me is essential whether the new owner wants to spend 1 million or 300 million.

Jeeeezz some of the comments on here are borderline racist? Blimey Datsun are Japnese FFS!
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:32 am

tbh I hope nothing massive is leaked that could jeopardise the deal. As much as I want to no I’d be happier when all is said and done.

Last summer was bad enough ffs.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:38 am

I think any club for sale will be linked with Chinese owners - they are flavour of the month.
Despite my early sceptism chrissyleee seems bang on the money - and therefore a US buyer is more probable imo. Although why has it taken this long to find a US buyer ?
Interested in the comment 'you will understand the secrecy when we know who it is'

Hope its not a consortuim led by general krulak !
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:40 am

DelboyVilla wrote:I was in the 'I have no idea camp' and have moved to the 'this sounds interesting and promising camp'. Until Lerner takes his name from over the door at VP we are not under new management and I am sure there are a million and one things that can go wrong but it is good that all the media outlets are singing from the same hymn sheet on this one.

I think the secrecy thing doesn't really indicate the nationality of the buyer. What people have to remember is that Fox was NBA Asia CEO so he has links both in the States and Far East so that doesn't help us.

Whoever they are I hope they bring a sustainable and long term plan that is actually kept to and not binned once they get bored, or divorced or the cat gets sick or something. We have seen Lerner piss his millions up the wall over paying for players on silly long expensive contracts. We have seen ridiculous managerial appointments and a mates network in running the club. Millions paid out to sack incompetent fools contracts even when they walked away and left us in the smelly stuff.

I want to see proper marketing, maximization of income, a club philosophy on playing style and youth development and I want the club the put it's self in touch with the fans again. This for me is essential whether the new owner wants to spend 1 million or 300 million.

Jeeeezz some of the comments on here are borderline racist? Blimey Datsun are Japnese FFS!

haha I thought the same ref: Datsun thought i was wrong lol
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:42 am

DelboyVilla wrote:I was in the 'I have no idea camp' and have moved to the 'this sounds interesting and promising camp'. Until Lerner takes his name from over the door at VP we are not under new management and I am sure there are a million and one things that can go wrong but it is good that all the media outlets are singing from the same hymn sheet on this one.

Good post that!!

Guys re the last point. Could we keep the stereotyping of particular nations out of the discussion, joking or otherwise.
Let's keep it to debating the merits of the bids (or at least what we know) what can be perceived as funny by some, may be deemed offensive by others. Let's not tread that fine line please. Cheers AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:44 am

Chrissylee1111

Anymore news from your mate?
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:48 am

American or Chinese?

Both? There's a number of Asian-American Billionaires...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:49 am

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Bravo. Exactly what I think we're getting btw.

mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:59 am

mark_draper wrote:

Scarf Waving  Scarf Waving Bravo. Exactly what I think we're getting btw.

This would be my preferred method and approach and also what I've heard may be on the cards! So whatever the nationality or names involved. I think we'll nearly all be happy with that approach and vision!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:09 pm

New sponsor. American but not a phone or drinks company

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4779781,00.html
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:New sponsor. American but not a phone or drinks company

Interesting. I was convinced that the new shirt sponsor would be linked to the takeover....could it still be?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Right, so Prince William spoke to the 3 richest men in China about football.

Apparently it's a consortium.

Clearly it's all 3 of them in it together  Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:21 pm

With Prince William too. :)
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:25 pm

The Albion shirt sponsor deal with them was £3.8m per year less than what we had with Dafabet  :shock:
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:27 pm

kimbo wrote:The Albion shirt sponsor deal with them was £3.8m per year less than what we had with Dafabet  :shock:

'Underwhelmed' is a word that springs to mind!

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:28 pm

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 23 Chdf1c10
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:29 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:

Interesting. I was convinced that the new shirt sponsor would be linked to the takeover....could it still be?

Typical! A US firm trying to get more exposure in Europe & Asia. Still could go either way & still no clues....

Popcorn
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

Typical! A US firm trying to get more exposure in Europe & Asia. Still could go either way & still no clues....

Popcorn

Well unless we have convinced them to pay an awful lot more to see their name on our shirts than they paid to have it on a Tesco bag.....then Tom Fox and Chalie Wijeratna have a few questions to answer!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Rich Preece, Vice President and Country Manager, Intuit UK, added: "We're absolutely delighted to become the main club partner of Aston Villa, one of the best known teams around the world.

"As well as possessing an enviable history, Aston Villa has major growth ambitions which mirror our own. We've been incredibly impressed by the set-up here and see the Club as a perfect partner to grow the QuickBooks brand in the UK."

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:34 pm

I suppose we don't know the full details yet so I'm not going to condemn anyone. At the minute it feels a bit disappointing but we don't know how much it's for, so, it is what it is.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next