The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Christian Benteke

+81
villain57
George
Leafs1201
Deano69
VTID85
WendyOz
avfc85
Saunders82
ViewFromT2
Synopsis
tonyp
DomAVFC
big ming
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
4BetLite
ejs1111
jvilla
aberdarevilla
Villa Ranger
gdav
andrew24561
Wriggle
Wookster
DaveAV1
Con
James_Curtis
fastbackace
Keyser Soze
Withes Sweatbands
StringGhost
Born Under The Holte End
MarvelVillan
bazzah
B62 Villa
UnclePanda
GodzoneVilla
Villa_Dan
lukevilla
South London Villan
Jamie Gray
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
mark_draper
The Utterer
Dazzle
Aesorian
VillaBill
kimbo
CoE82
FoxyAV
achilles
jeffvilla
mefromhere
NARLA24
Trotters
avfcjoe
GadgetMan
Dions_Bald_Head
Sensitive Sid
Wigteke
My Old Man
De Kuip
villabromsgrove
Dek of Villa
Green Villan
Olof Mellberg
Morpheus
mDigital
mickeywya
whiteensign
Malandro
Holte139
Finn07
Tomy-Flemba
Kaz
Thinman
villashrew
KMitch
Mazrim
85 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Christian Benteke - Page 18 Empty Re: Christian Benteke

Post by NARLA24 Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Saunders82 wrote:Heres something to think on, this mysterious striker United are supposed to be after you don't think its Benny do you?

lol!
Nothing would surprise me at the moment.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Christian Benteke - Page 18 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:36 pm

Saunders82 wrote:Heres something to think on, this mysterious striker United are supposed to be after you don't think its Benny do you?

lol!

Didn't Turkey neck say today it's not the one the tabloids have mean saying it is, and I would guess that was tekkers. So can see it being him.

Also something else that had me thinking was the clip of tekkers sitting down during preseason training in portugal, he looked very down, maybe he just found out his big moved had collapsed.
CoE82
CoE82

Christian Benteke - Page 18 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:18 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
CoE82 wrote:What gets me is why a 2 day medical and why in London, I know scousepool is a shite hole but surely that have hospitals in and around the area.

Also it's a big fee so why no clips on TV of him entering or leaving the so called hospital/medical centre, now I'm not saying it isn't happening just find it strange lack of evidence other that so called sources.

Been thinking the same thing, especially as Sky Sports have been banging the drum all summer about getting this deal done....surprised they aren't televising it!

My Liverpool supporting mate, as of 20 mins ago, still isn't convinced he will sign. He thinks Rogers "I don't know what you're talking about" comment yesterday was so bizarre that he wouldn't be surprised by it!
He also said that the big rumour up there is that they are about to go for Marco Reus for £40m with the Sterling money.

Like they could get Reus Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:38 pm

SSN reporting deal will be done Wednesday, must be a thorough test to take three days, I would wish CB all the best but I cant wish any good towards Liverpool, cannot see them playing to his strengths anyway!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Christian Benteke - Page 18 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:50 pm

It's only 20min the dippers medical, the rest of the 3days are spent on a hubcap thievery course followed by a benefit fraud seminar
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:11 am

I hope Tekkers and Liverpool flop this season.
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:44 am

Synopsis wrote:It's only 20min the dippers medical, the rest of the 3days are spent on a hubcap thievery course followed by a benefit fraud seminar
And how to be a victim.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:55 am

3 days 3 Fecking days for a medical.  I am lucky to get 15 minutes with my doctor, the minute I walk through the door, he reaching for the  prescription pad, and telling me to close the door on the way out. Christian Benteke - Page 18 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:57 am

Not one bit if concrete evidence that Bentekkers leaving other then rest from games, No video anywhere and no statementsbfrom either club.........wtf is going on?
4BetLite
4BetLite

Christian Benteke - Page 18 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:59 am

I just want this done now.

I can forgive him for 'jumping ship'. But I can not forgive him for going to Liverpool. If he goes there, I hope he, and they, fail miserably.
Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:15 am

Just sat here wondering who will replace Tekkers when it's all done and dusted, IMO there's no way on earth our inept owner will sanction the £15M required for Austin, heard a couple of rumours down here (Watford) that we are sniffing around Igahlo the Watford striker but he won't be cheap either.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:25 am

Leafs1201 wrote:Just sat here wondering who will replace Tekkers when it's all done and dusted, IMO there's no way on earth our inept owner will sanction the £15M required for Austin, heard a couple of rumours down here (Watford) that we are sniffing around Igahlo the Watford striker but he won't be cheap either.

So he is happy to spend £9m on a left back, £8m an a midfielder, but won't spend £15m on a striker...after seeing a previous one he bought quadruple in value in only 3 years?....ok!

When Lambert came in, cost cutting was the name of the game...yet Lerner still stumped up £8m for Benteke.....some fans seem to be rewriting history with Lerner. Yes he has made mistakes, but he will provide funds for players.....it has always been wages that were preventing us bringing in decent players. The wages are now under control.....!

If he hasn't spent anything come 1st September, then you have a point. Until then...
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:39 am

Thought it's been clarified that Benteke was £5.5M or have I misread that, and regardless of whether it was 5.5 or 8 we are still paupers when it comes to spending, ViewFromT2 it's obvious anyway that you back Lerner where as I despise him as an owner so if he backs the manager with major funds this season then I'll hold my hands up but until then he is the man that's dragging this club on a downwards spiral.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:52 am

I think a lot of people get Euros and GBP mixed up when talking about transfers. I've also seen some posters change which one they use, depending on their personal agenda. There are also the oft used "add-ons" to use/not use when it is deemed appropriate or useful to one's argument.

These transfer fees can be a complete minefield, if you are not careful.

For me, I am sure Lerner will spend as little as he can yet again this summer. In not so many words, he is probably saying, "what's the absolute minimum I can spend, whilst giving us an even chance of remaining in soccer's 'greatest league in the whole wide world'?" (or something along those lines).

I don't know if you can read between the lines, but I expect us to struggle, yet again, this season. :-(
Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:59 am

Leafs1201 wrote:Thought it's been clarified that Benteke was £5.5M or have I misread that, and regardless of whether it was 5.5 or 8 we are still paupers when it comes to spending,  ViewFromT2 it's obvious anyway that you back Lerner where as I despise him as an owner so if he backs the manager with major funds this season then I'll hold my hands up but until then he is the man that's dragging this club on a downwards spiral.

Not really a question of backing him, I actually would like to see new owners come in and take us forward. But at the same time I respect what Lerner has done, and spent in his time in charge. He has done many, many great things for this club.
Why so many fans put the blame solely on him is baffling to be honest.

His biggest mistake in his whole time here, in my opinion, was allowing Martin O'Neill so much control, for so long. He allowed Steve Stride to walk away....and he never replaced that knowledge in the boardroom. To allow players such as Sidwell, Beye etc to come in on massive...proper massive money, and basically sit on their arses never playing is the major reason we have suffered these last few years.
Then allowing a buffoon like Paul Faulkner to hire managers was a serious miscalculation. I think the only gripe any fan can justifiably throw at Lerner is that he put his faith in the wrong people for too long.

I think he would actually be foolish to sell up now in many ways. We have been through the austerity years, and we managed to come through whilst retaining our premier league status. Don't underestimate this achievement...many, many clubs would have sunk. We now have a much better management structure in place off the pitch, and things are looking a whole lot better in terms of our coaching and scouting staff. There is absolutely no way we will be in a relegation scrap this season. No way at all.
Sherwood is getting rid of all the rotten wood that our side was built with. The likes of Weimann should never have been near a villa shirt. Players like Helenius, Tonev, Sylla...these kind of players were an insult to the badge. Can you see that kind of player coming in now?

We have literally freed up hundreds of thousands per week in wages. We can now look to bring in good quality players, without the costs spiralling out of control. We can bring in players whose value will increase whilst they are here.
Even in the darkest years of austerity, Lerner still funded transfers. Lamberts average spend was around £15m per season over his 3 years. Why would you think he will not show TS at the same level of investment?
Add this £15m to the money we have brought in....and Sherwood can build a solid base to work from. I do fully trust Lerner will allow him to spend everything that comes in.

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:06 am

You trust a man that thought Alex McLeish was a good idea?

Not for me.
Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:09 am

Bentekes move expected to be completed today..............Yawn Yawn?
Been delayed because Liverpool had to have a whip round to pay for his medical.
Are we sure about the media reports that Liverpool will be paying so much upfront and then the rest in instalments ?
Crickey, he is not a second hand car. Scouse bastards will be wanting 12 months warranty next.
They have just got 49 million for Sterling, so pay the fee or get back in the bins.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Christian Benteke - Page 18 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:18 am

The problem with Villa is not that they don't spend money on transfers, I believe we are towards to top of the all time premiership spenders. What Doug and now Randy have failed to do is complete the job when spending, we have built some great teams over the premier years BUT we have never completed the build. Going back to the start of the premier league we were challenging for the title, just needed one or two extra players to push over the line, they didn't materialise, that's our main problem. What we need is either Randy or a new owner to spend serious money wisely and on quality and FINISH THE JOB. Christian Benteke - Page 18 3769219917 Christian Benteke - Page 18 3769219917 Christian Benteke - Page 18 3769219917 Christian Benteke - Page 18 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by George Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:33 am

Saunders82 wrote:The problem with Villa is not that they don't spend money on transfers, I believe we are towards to top of the all time premiership spenders. What Doug and now Randy have failed to do is complete the job when spending, we have built some great teams over the premier years BUT we have never completed the build. Going back to the start of the premier league we were challenging for the title, just needed one or two extra players to push over the line, they didn't materialise, that's our main problem. What we need is either Randy or a new owner to spend serious money wisely and on quality and FINISH THE JOB.

Great point Saunders...just disagree on one point...

I hate Ellis for this - it was blindingly obvious that he didn't want us to get to the very top as that would move the spotlight away from him and onto the manager and team.

Lerner on the other hand wanted it for us but put his trust in the wrong man, the money was there to finish the job but the man with the responsibility to complete it was operating in the wrong era and out of his depth.
George
George

http://www.streetart.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:44 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Leafs1201 wrote:Thought it's been clarified that Benteke was £5.5M or have I misread that, and regardless of whether it was 5.5 or 8 we are still paupers when it comes to spending,  ViewFromT2 it's obvious anyway that you back Lerner where as I despise him as an owner so if he backs the manager with major funds this season then I'll hold my hands up but until then he is the man that's dragging this club on a downwards spiral.

Not really a question of backing him, I actually would like to see new owners come in and take us forward. But at the same time I respect what Lerner has done, and spent in his time in charge. He has done many, many great things for this club.
Why so many fans put the blame solely on him is baffling to be honest.

His biggest mistake in his whole time here, in my opinion, was allowing Martin O'Neill so much control, for so long. He allowed Steve Stride to walk away....and he never replaced that knowledge in the boardroom. To allow players such as Sidwell, Beye etc to come in on massive...proper massive money, and basically sit on their arses never playing is the major reason we have suffered these last few years.
Then allowing a buffoon like Paul Faulkner to hire managers was a serious miscalculation. I think the only gripe any fan can justifiably throw at Lerner is that he put his faith in the wrong people for too long.

I think he would actually be foolish to sell up now in many ways. We have been through the austerity years, and we managed to come through whilst retaining our premier league status. Don't underestimate this achievement...many, many clubs would have sunk. We now have a much better management structure in place off the pitch, and things are looking a whole lot better in terms of our coaching and scouting staff. There is absolutely no way we will be in a relegation scrap this season. No way at all.
Sherwood is getting rid of all the rotten wood that our side was built with. The likes of Weimann should never have been near a villa shirt. Players like Helenius, Tonev, Sylla...these kind of players were an insult to the badge. Can you see that kind of player coming in now?

We have literally freed up hundreds of thousands per week in wages. We can now look to bring in good quality players, without the costs spiralling out of control. We can bring in players whose value will increase whilst they are here.
Even in the darkest years of austerity, Lerner still funded transfers. Lamberts average spend was around £15m per season over his 3 years. Why would you think he will not show TS at the same level of investment?
Add this £15m to the money we have brought in....and Sherwood can build a solid base to work from. I do fully trust Lerner will allow him to spend everything that comes in.

The most sense I have read on this forum for a long time, I also think Lerner gets un warranted stick , apart from the McCliesh appointment, that was never going to work !

VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Why hasn't CB signed yet, this delay is strange ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm hoping some other club has come into the mix with more cash and better wages for him; Or it could be the bindippers are trying to reduce the release clause because they say he failed his medical, Who know's!

We could all be reading the head lines tomorrow " Benteke has had a change of heart and will remain at Villa" Christian Benteke - Page 18 498107619
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:04 pm

He has finally gone ! I wish I could wish him all the best but Liverpool ??????????????
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Now official. Thankyou Christian! Think you could have gone to a better club still waiting one more year but nonetheless good luck!
James_Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:05 pm

UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content