The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Christian Benteke

+81
villain57
George
Leafs1201
Deano69
VTID85
WendyOz
avfc85
Saunders82
ViewFromT2
Synopsis
tonyp
DomAVFC
big ming
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
4BetLite
ejs1111
jvilla
aberdarevilla
Villa Ranger
gdav
andrew24561
Wriggle
Wookster
DaveAV1
Con
James_Curtis
fastbackace
Keyser Soze
Withes Sweatbands
StringGhost
Born Under The Holte End
MarvelVillan
bazzah
B62 Villa
UnclePanda
GodzoneVilla
Villa_Dan
lukevilla
South London Villan
Jamie Gray
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
mark_draper
The Utterer
Dazzle
Aesorian
VillaBill
kimbo
CoE82
FoxyAV
achilles
jeffvilla
mefromhere
NARLA24
Trotters
avfcjoe
GadgetMan
Dions_Bald_Head
Sensitive Sid
Wigteke
My Old Man
De Kuip
villabromsgrove
Dek of Villa
Green Villan
Olof Mellberg
Morpheus
mDigital
mickeywya
whiteensign
Malandro
Holte139
Finn07
Tomy-Flemba
Kaz
Thinman
villashrew
KMitch
Mazrim
85 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Christian Benteke - Page 10 Empty Re: Christian Benteke

Post by bazzah Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:04 am

Dazzle wrote:
The Utterer wrote:So todays daily Benteke rumours do admittedly seem a little more focused than normal with the main gist appearing to be that Livepool are going to make a second bid of over 25mil for him and he's due back off his hols next week!

Some saying 27mil or in the region of?

Have to say that's getting mighty close to losing him money in my opinion but i still feel we should hold strong for the release fee as an absolute minimum if he is to go at all... Especially as it's Liverpool

How come they can manage to buy almost an entire team every summer littered with big signings and still not fall foul of FFP? It's not like they are in the Champs League even? :shock:

If Benteke is sold for anything less than the release clause then Villa are mugs. Especially to fucking Liverpool. I'd take a stance of not selling to either Liverpool or Spurs at all, screw them. For too long our club has rolled over to the likes of these self righteous clubs and let them keep pulling our tail. Hopefully we take the same stance as the Gareth Barry episode when Liverpool last looked down at us and didn't get their own way.

*This*

He won't go (unless the clause is met) - reason being he remains the single most valuable asset at the club. Prospective owners will want to buy the club "as advertised" or they'll want a discounted price.
bazzah

Christian Benteke - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Your problem with Benteke is this. Standing your ground & refusing to sell him for less than the clause value is all good & well, but if he refuses to sign a contract extension & starts going through the motions on the pitch then his value is literally decreasing by the week. 2 years is the magic number on contracts, it's sign or sell time. You either agree the best deal possible or risk losing even more, which we can't afford to do. If I'm being honest £32.5 mill may be a bit optimistic on the back of half a good season, but I certainly think he could go on to prove that worry & maybe even more. No doubting in my mind he's a top class player. He struggles when the team does, as a lot of strikers do. When the team play well & he isn't the only attacking threat then he finds space & scores more often than not. That there is a top quality striker.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:Your problem with Benteke is this. Standing your ground & refusing to sell him for less than the clause value is all good & well, but if he refuses to sign a contract extension & starts going through the motions on the pitch then his value is literally decreasing by the week. 2 years is the magic number on contracts, it's sign or sell time. You either agree the best deal possible or risk losing even more, which we can't afford to do. If I'm being honest £32.5 mill may be a bit optimistic on the back of half a good season, but I certainly think he could go on to prove that worry & maybe even more. No doubting in my mind he's a top class player. He struggles when the team does, as a lot of strikers do. When the team play well & he isn't the only attacking threat then he finds space & scores more often than not. That there is a top quality striker.

I agree with your thoughts on the contract situation Jamie...but not so much on him being top class. I hope I'm wrong, I really do....but I think a true top class striker makes things happen when his team are not firing....in fact, truly top class strikers can win games for you, in despite of his team!
He does struggle when the team does, but the way he downs tools on those occasions is not a good sign for me.

And I will go back to Marc Wilmots comments after the last Belgian game...if anyone missed them, here they are:

"I changed my system afterwards, because Benteke was isolated. I then played with two strikers, but they need more crosses. We asked them to get to the front post, but they stand there like two poles. We still have work to do."

This is how I have felt about him many, many times after games. He definitely has all the physical and technical attributes to be one of the best around...I question his mental attributes personally.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Christian Benteke - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:43 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:Your problem with Benteke is this. Standing your ground & refusing to sell him for less than the clause value is all good & well, but if he refuses to sign a contract extension & starts going through the motions on the pitch then his value is literally decreasing by the week. 2 years is the magic number on contracts, it's sign or sell time. You either agree the best deal possible or risk losing even more, which we can't afford to do. If I'm being honest £32.5 mill may be a bit optimistic on the back of half a good season, but I certainly think he could go on to prove that worry & maybe even more. No doubting in my mind he's a top class player. He struggles when the team does, as a lot of strikers do. When the team play well & he isn't the only attacking threat then he finds space & scores more often than not. That there is a top quality striker.

I agree with your thoughts on the contract situation Jamie...but not so much on him being top class. I hope I'm wrong, I really do....but I think a true top class striker makes things happen when his team are not firing....in fact, truly top class strikers can win games for you, in despite of his team!
He does struggle when the team does, but the way he downs tools on those occasions is not a good sign for me.

And I will go back to Marc Wilmots comments after the last Belgian game...if anyone missed them, here they are:

"I changed my system afterwards, because Benteke was isolated. I then played with two strikers, but they need more crosses. We asked them to get to the front post, but they stand there like two poles. We still have work to do."

This is how I have felt about him many, many times after games. He definitely has all the physical and technical attributes to be one of the best around...I question his mental attributes personally.

I'd argue only your Messi's & Ronaldos fire every game & are pretty much self generating. The rest are subject to bad days at the office & rely on quality of service generally. But his end of season form was nothing short of sensational, bar the odd game, and at times he's was unplayable. There's also games he's won on his own. Palace away for example, what a winner. He was sensational v QPR. Spurs header was sublime. I did state that I'm not sure he's worth £32.5mill, for whatever reason his good end to the season was 18 months after his last good spell, but I still think he's a special player.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

I'd argue only your Messi's & Ronaldos fire every game & are pretty much self generating. The rest are subject to bad days at the office & rely on quality of service generally. But his end of season form was nothing short of sensational, bar the odd game, and at times he's was unplayable. There's also games he's won on his own. Palace away for example, what a winner. He was sensational v QPR. Spurs header was sublime. I did state that I'm not sure he's worth £32.5mill, for whatever reason his good end to the season was 18 months after his last good spell, but I still think he's a special player.

Fair play Jamie...totally respect that opinion.

I hope he stays and I am completely wrong. My gut just says he will come up short at the very top level....his work rate worries me, but you're right...he does have a lot of quality.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:57 pm

For a club like us, take over or not, keeping him would be huuuuge
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Benteke's goals have kept us up for the past couple of seasons. That makes him priceless!
villabromsgrove

Christian Benteke - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:18 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Benteke's goals have kept us up for the past couple of seasons. That makes him priceless!

At the risk of sounding flippant...that makes him worth £32.5m

Christian Benteke - Page 10 50815218
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:23 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Benteke's goals have kept us up for the past couple of seasons. That makes him priceless!

At the risk of sounding flippant...that makes him worth £32.5m

Christian Benteke - Page 10 50815218
I'll concede the point .... damn these get out clauses! Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:28 pm

We move on - if he he wants to be little himself by playing for Liverpool so be it .....

But when we beat bournemouth 1-0 with an own goal in the 90th minute - well Christain don't come crying to me ..........!!!

Its always better to be a big fish in a small pond - and at Villa Benteke is a whale in a bucket....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Spot on! The players we have now all play to Benteke's strengths, if we sold him for less than the £32.5m I would be very disappointed, a new striker would need time to adjust to how we play and that will have a massive impact on the rest of the team, we all know that getting a good start to a season is vital in the EPL.

If we hold onto him this season and he performs with a 20plus goal tally (he would want to score and prove he's as good or better than other Belgium strikers to warrant his place in the Euros 2016) not only will he help us secure that extra pay-day with the tv rights and EPL safety, his demand will be higher than the current market/contract value, If he has a great season plus performs well in the Euros 2016 he should be worth double the current price.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:48 am

See the Spuds are calling now...and want to offload Adebayor as part of any deal!

There may be some truth in it...or not, who knows....but I was looking through the Tottenham squad, and I would be quite happy to swap Benteke for these following players...

Kyle Walker (£10m)
Andros Townsend (£10m)
Mousa Dembele (£12m)

Seems a fair enough swap to me!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:53 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:See the Spuds are calling now...and want to offload Adebayor as part of any deal!

There may be some truth in it...or not, who knows....but I was looking through the Tottenham squad, and I would be quite happy to swap Benteke for these following players...

Kyle Walker (£10m)
Andros Townsend (£10m)
Mousa Dembele (£12m)

I wouldn't believe too much that is written in the mirror, they clearly have a joker of a reporter there who simply writes trash about Villa, I'm sure in an attempt to wind the fans up! It's the same old story and the same old clubs, Liverpool and Spurs etc etc...........predictable.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:54 am

I read that Adebayor wants his pay off he's owed in his contract, and Spurs won't pay it. That'll drag on and on like it did when he was leaving City.

Mercenary.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:03 am

Dazzle wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:See the Spuds are calling now...and want to offload Adebayor as part of any deal!

Kyle Walker (£10m)
Andros Townsend (£10m)
Mousa Dembele (£12m)

I wouldn't believe too much that is written in the mirror, they clearly have a joker of a reporter there who simply writes trash about Villa, I'm sure in an attempt to wind the fans up! It's the same old story and the same old clubs, Liverpool and Spurs etc etc...........predictable.

I think you're right mate...probably spearheaded by James Nursey!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:17 am

Kyle Walker (£10m)
Andros Townsend (£10m)
Mousa Dembele (£12m)

No. If they want a player, they can pay the release clause like any other club or fuck off. They can take their unwanted cast offs and sell them to someone that actually wants them. If they then have the 32,5 million required they can come back and pay the release clause.

In terms of value for money it's probably a fair swap, but I refuse to take part in any sort of trade with that club. Their policy of buying 1124134225252 players and stockpiling should not be rewarded with any sort of deal. Fuck them. Fuck spurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:40 am

Joppe84 wrote:

Kyle Walker (£10m)
Andros Townsend (£10m)
Mousa Dembele (£12m)

No. If they want a player, they can pay the release clause like any other club or fuck off. They can take their unwanted cast offs and sell them to someone that actually wants them. If they then have the 32,5 million required they can come back and pay the release clause.

In terms of value for money it's probably a fair swap, but I refuse to take part in any sort of trade with that club. Their policy of buying 1124134225252 players and stockpiling should not be rewarded with any sort of deal. Fuck them. Fuck spurs.

lol!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:57 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

Kyle Walker (£10m)
Andros Townsend (£10m)
Mousa Dembele (£12m)

Love it "FUCK EM - FUCK SPURS" Christian Benteke - Page 10 498107619
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Christian Benteke - Page 10 Empty Benteke to Liverpool?

Post by MarvelVillan Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 am

Talksport's Liverpool/Everton reporter, Graham Beecroft, just told The Alan Brazil show that he fully expects Liverpool to sign Benteke today/next few days at the latest. It sounded like a done deal. Sad

MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:57 am

MarvelVillan wrote:Talksport's Liverpool/Everton reporter, Graham Beecroft, just told The Alan Brazil show that he fully expects Liverpool to sign Benteke today/next few days at the latest. It sounded like a done deal. Sad

Thank Christ...at least we can move on from it!

He will be a flop at Anfield...guarantee it. When Villa tried to play attractive passing football his lack of movement around the box stifled our attacks. He will only thrive in a team that hit crosses into the box.
Liverpool now have two silky Brazilian midfielders..... lol!

Be very interesting how they line up when Sturridge is fit.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:02 am

True - and I'm looking forward to Vlaar slinging his hook for the same reason.

I could have wished Benteke well (sort of) if he'd gone to Chelsea or Citeh but not Liverpool. Especially as I live in Devon so 'obviously' I'm surrounded by their fans.
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:10 am

Lambert as part of the deal to Villa I wonder?
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:18 am

Nothing about this in any other news outlets. Be surprised if he signs for Liverpool to be honest.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Christian Benteke - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 am

Didn't talksport "confirm" Benitez was our new manager a few years back?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:30 am

Talksport trying to drum up some callers? Must be a slow news day.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next