The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish

+52
ViewFromT2
lukevilla
VTID85
achilles
Mazrim
LVBrit
mefromhere
villabromsgrove
FoxyAV
CoE82
jeffvilla
Dennis Evans
De Kuip
EbeneezerGoode
ember
avfcjoe
Army villain
NARLA24
kimbo
viva_la_amo
Kakacroom
Trotters
marcxc1983
HarryAVFC
Leafs1201
Wigteke
Tomy-Flemba
Green Villan
GadgetMan
Villa_Dan
roba19
gdav
Ned the Platypus
pcfbavfcoman
Alpe_DHuez
Macca68
mickeywya
My Old Man
Zidane
Hornso
thegaffer6
nitrogen
Denis_B
Since75
Aesorian
mickjacobjr
Holte139
villashrew
Andy_Villa
New Yorke
switters
Vasher
56 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Jack Grealish - Page 14 Empty Re: Jack Grealish

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:28 am

Astonishing isn't it that the lad goes from strength to strength, does incredibly well on loan, had a good first run taking the piss out of the opposition, signs a new contract, then gets left out in the cold and his confidence ruined.

I can just see Lambert on the training pitch: "My mate Martin said you were all useless lazy sugarbags and he's right! You lot aren't fit to pass a football forward. All you'll do is pass backward and hoof. Understand? You'll shoot only when I think you're good enough to shoot and score only when blessed Martin tells me that I can tell you when to score. Right, go again."
Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - Page 14 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:58 am

What's the betting Sherwoods first instruction to Jack is to get a proper pair of football pads and wear the damn things.

Jack's biggest weakness is his tackling, and you can't tackle safely without proper shin pads. I'm amazed that Lambert never put him right. The cut down ankle protectors that he's been getting away with say only one thing to the opposition, "don't worry I'm not going into any 50/50's!" Get some bloody big un's, you hear me young Jack! Rant over. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Jack Grealish - Page 14 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:56 am

With you VB protect yourself at all times. If I was playing for the pub team I would have cricket pads on Handbags! Dancing Banana
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Jack Grealish - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:02 am

villabromsgrove wrote:What's the betting Sherwoods first instruction to Jack is to get a proper pair of football pads and wear the damn things.

Jack's biggest weakness is his tackling, and you can't tackle safely without proper shin pads. I'm amazed that Lambert never put him right. The cut down ankle protectors that he's been getting away with say only one thing to the opposition, "don't worry I'm not going into any 50/50's!" Get some bloody big un's, you hear me young Jack! Rant over. Very Happy

And get a bloody hair cut while you are at it!!
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Jack Grealish - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by snitum Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:39 pm

snitum

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:49 pm

We need battlers for the rest of the season. Jacks got a lot of talent, but the fact that he plays without proper shin protection shows that he's not going to go to war for every ball and that's what we need right now.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm not sure that his shin gear is that big a deal, it looks odd and I guess it makes him susceptible to injury there, but he wouldn't be allowed on the pitch if what he wore wasn't acceptable. If he's more comfortable as he is then so be it, it's not something that bothers me personally.

Put it this way - Steve Claridge was the same and I doubt anyone ever accused him of being anything other than fully committed.

I'm more of the opinion that a relegation dogfight is not the place for any teenager with so little top level experience, even if the teenager was a 'dog of war' type of player, because maturity is also required. If Grealish had featured more this season then maybe it would be different, but right now I'd be reluctant to throw him in when Gil and Sinclair are both doing okay.

If he's looking good in training though then I'd have him on the bench, as he could come in handy if we're chasing a game.

But his shinpads aren't an issue for me.
kimbo
kimbo

Jack Grealish - Page 14 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:26 pm

I actually think his lack of shin protection is partly responsible for his style of play. Have you noticed how he turns his body to shield the ball as he changes direction? It's a good skill to have but it slows his attacking play.

Carles Gil goes by players face to face, he takes them on and often leaves them standing. Jack on the other hand has developed a way of screening the ball without being face to face. If Grealish were to really get stuck in to tackles he would get injured. The fact that he doesn't get injured that much is because he doesn't seriously try to win the ball in 50/50's (imo).

Westwood ducks out of 50/50's, Gil is never going to be a ball winner, and neither is Jack. That's too many passengers in a team when we're battling for survival.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:10 pm

LOVED his assist for Sinclair's goal. Perfectly timed and weighted through several defenders while being pressured by a couple others. That kind of killer pass is almost as thrilling as a goal for me, and it's been a long time since I've seen an assist like that by a player in a Villa shirt.

He's been playing well in the limited chances he has gotten this season. Here is hoping Jack will be a huge part of Sherwood's plans going forward. Lots of potential from the young man. Gutted he'll miss the Sunderland match because of that bullshit red card, but I don't think it will affect him.
KMitch
KMitch

Jack Grealish - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:30 pm

If Westwood had run that ball out of defence he would have turned back at some point and played the ball off backwards or sideways. Grealish was only ever going to hit a killer forward pass. It's what Villa lacks when we play Westwood and Cleverly together.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:03 am

One positive about Grealish missing the Sunderland game is that hopefully Gil will be the impact sub instead... He will get a chance to show his worth!

UTV!!!
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14