The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

+46
De Kuip
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
Alf T
Dgrizzle7
Stratfordvilla
bruka
tonyp
Con
EbeneezerGoode
féliré
4BetLite
Thinman
KMitch
ViewFromT2
worcesterkev
FoxyAV
mefromhere
achilles
jeffvilla
The Utterer
villajk
ember
Synopsis
WendyOz
Villa_Dan
Terry Derry
gdav
UnclePanda
NARLA24
Dazzle
avfc85
The Great white walnut
VTID85
AntJac
bazzah
Jamie Gray
Cha Ching
andrew24561
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
avfc forever
VillaBill
South London Villan
GadgetMan
kimbo
50 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? Empty Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by smetro Sat May 09, 2015 7:16 pm

In the first 30 minutes he looked the real deal today - his subtle on touches, body swerves, passing he looked a million dollars (boy does that expression need updating!)

Couldn't quite match it in the second half - when Song limited his influence - but then came back into it after song rightly got a yellow,....

Really excited about this lad - looks to have a touch of Brian Little about him (No pressure jack)

How good can he be ?
smetro
smetro

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by kimbo Sun May 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Well I've said before that when I saw him playing for the youth team, I hadn't been so excited about the potential of one of our youngsters since the first time I saw Gareth Barry. I've been rattling on about Grealish for around three years now - which is partly why I got so defensive about him when morons fans were writing him off before he'd even had his first start in the league.

He's got massive potential, certainly someone I expect us to build around over his career. Of course it could all go horribly wrong, but I have my faith in him.
kimbo
kimbo

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? Empty Re: Jack Grealish - How far can he go ?

Post by GadgetMan Sun May 10, 2015 3:22 pm

Like Kimbo I think he can go all the way. I've been watching JG since he was 16 he's the real deal. He's just 'got it' watched him many times for the youth and reserves (when playing at Hinkley) he has a swagger, a little like Chris Waddle, not blessed with blistering like Little, but glides around the pitch, like George Best (I know I know) just a similar style, even down to the socks rolled down.

We have a right old player on our hands. He has the attitude to match too. Only cares for playing football and not interested in the trappings of fame. Long may that continue.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun May 10, 2015 4:47 pm

What has impressed me most with Jacko is the way he has grown and developed each week he plays. He is an intelligent footballer who knows how to draw the foul, the frustration shown by Song, Barcelona player, was testament to this boy's ability. Reputations mean nothing to him. His vision is superb, he is always looking to see what is around him and the accuracy of his passing is fantastic. If only Gabby was a natural goalscorer!
His only weakness I can see is the odd dramatic fall, Ashley Youngesque. I hope the senior pro's guide him away from that path.
I can't wait to see him get his first goal and I hope and pray it is in front of tne adoring Holte!

South London Villan
South London Villan

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun May 10, 2015 4:56 pm

Very early obviously but very encouraging so far , the kid lacks a little confidence at the sharp end in & around the box , but once he scores his first goal , he will be away .

Villa through & through as far as i have heard anyway , we could have an absolute star in the making !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Sun May 10, 2015 5:50 pm

I think we could have a top player on our hands he can go all the way I really like him and he's one of our own.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Jack is a real talent. If he is fortunate enough to avoid major injuries and he is properly advised he could have a long and very successful career.

Three things he should do to make sure he fully achieves his potential:

1) Stay at Villa for at least the next two seasons.

2) Commit his international future to England.

3) Keep his feet firmly on the ground.

His footballing talent will take care of the rest.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun May 10, 2015 7:06 pm

He seemed to be lacking in confidence a little yesterday but I'm sure Tim will point him in the right direction. There was a bit of dithering yesterday, and turning to pass to someone else rather than running into the box.

I think he's going to be a massive player for us. He's already been infulential in the last few matches, he set up Cleverley's goal yesterday and set up Gabby's goal he didn't score.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun May 10, 2015 8:20 pm

I didn't notice any lack of confidence. He always wanted the ball, always looking for the pass and seems to have added a couple of yards of pace.
Very few clubs have a player like him. His potential is enormous and we need to look after him. If we can keep hold of Benteke and find another right sided Grealish, we could have an incredible front three. Gardner, Delph and Cleverley in midfield, a couple of new fullbacks, a centre half to replace Senderos and another keeper and we're sorted. Plus some squad players to replace the many players who will be leaving I reckon.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 10, 2015 8:37 pm

Mazrim wrote:I didn't notice any lack of confidence. He always wanted the ball, always looking for the pass and seems to have added a couple of yards of pace.
Very few clubs have a player like him. His potential is enormous and we need to look after him. If we can keep hold of Benteke and find another right sided Grealish, we could have an incredible front three. Gardner, Delph and Cleverley in midfield, a couple of new fullbacks, a centre half to replace Senderos and another keeper and we're sorted. Plus some squad players to replace the many players who will be leaving I reckon.
I like the sound of that Maz!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun May 10, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm not knocking him, I just thought on more than one occasion rather than run at the opposition himself he turned and waited for someone to pass to.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 11, 2015 5:13 am

He only seems to be lacking in confidence around the penalty box when it's time to pull the trigger. Maybe he's seen Benteke give others "the glare" and has decided he can do without it. :)

He has the lot....bar the arrogance. And I think he needs a smattering of that in order to be great.

The only "but" I have is that whilst he is very good at drawing the foul, he also needs to learn to ride a tackle rather than going on the flop like Ashley Young. If he can avoid a reputation for diving he will be quite something indeed!

Grealish/Delph/Cleverley: England's midfield sooner rather than later?
Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon May 11, 2015 8:22 am

As soon as he's over that hurdle and has scored his first goal he won't stop. The more I see Grealish play so well the more I wonder if Lambert had anything at all to do with signing new players, bearing in mind some of them have been good.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon May 11, 2015 1:56 pm

First time I saw him live was Everton. Thought he was class. amazing touch & vision but I'd also like him to shoot more. I'm sure that will come once he scores his first. 10er says it's the winner at Wembley Very Happy
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Jack has turned down O'Neill's request that he be part of the Irish squad. It makes sense because he needs to think about playing on a world stage, and he has more chance of doing that with England.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue May 12, 2015 4:58 pm

I think his latest rejection of Ireland shows that England is very much on his mind. But he's kept the Ireland door open, which is smart.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed May 13, 2015 11:08 am

If he does play for England, I hope that one day he scores against Ireland, runs over to Roy Keane and flicks the V's, shouting "Have that ya twat".
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 13, 2015 1:33 pm

He was already high up my estimation ladder. That he's pissed off MoN and Keane makes him the world's best footballer.
Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed May 13, 2015 7:47 pm

Agreed. Probably the best of all time.

Anyway, how far can Jack go? Probably no further than Holyhead. Drumroll Please
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu May 14, 2015 8:05 am

kimbo wrote:I hope that one day he runs over Roy Keane and flicks the V's, shouting "Have that ya twat".

I hope you don't mind me taking out the superfluous words.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Thu May 14, 2015 9:12 am

Next season we will find out how far he can go, if he can cope with "second season syndrome" then the skys the limit for him
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu May 14, 2015 1:35 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
kimbo wrote:I hope that one day he runs over Roy Keane and flicks the V's, shouting "Have that ya twat".

I hope you don't mind me taking out the superfluous words.
Jack Grealish - How far can he go ? 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Bump.....

As he's back in the news......

He's in the public eye, and fame and fortune comes at a price. No real problem with him getting wasted - but needs some 'minders' around him IMO.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:47 pm

He does, but it's a sad situation.

"19 year old gets drunk on holiday a month before pre-season training"

I mean, who gives a shit, really?

But yes, apparently people who want to play footballers are role models (which is possibly the biggest joke in the history of this country) so it's newsworthy and therefore he does need to be more careful.

It is what it is, I've already forgotten about it and am ready to move on with life, but I'm sure plenty of people want him condemned.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next