The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish

+52
ViewFromT2
lukevilla
VTID85
achilles
Mazrim
LVBrit
mefromhere
villabromsgrove
FoxyAV
CoE82
jeffvilla
Dennis Evans
De Kuip
EbeneezerGoode
ember
avfcjoe
Army villain
NARLA24
kimbo
viva_la_amo
Kakacroom
Trotters
marcxc1983
HarryAVFC
Leafs1201
Wigteke
Tomy-Flemba
Green Villan
GadgetMan
Villa_Dan
roba19
gdav
Ned the Platypus
pcfbavfcoman
Alpe_DHuez
Macca68
mickeywya
My Old Man
Zidane
Hornso
thegaffer6
nitrogen
Denis_B
Since75
Aesorian
mickjacobjr
Holte139
villashrew
Andy_Villa
New Yorke
switters
Vasher
56 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Jack Grealish Empty Jack Grealish

Post by Vasher Tue May 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Jack's brother has let it be known that Jack is training with the first team this week. What do you think about Jack replacing Albrighton or Weimann some time in the second half? I think it would be a massive confidence booster for him regardless of his performance. He knows we need nothing from this game and it would allow him to relax and hopefully show what he is made of. I personally believe he should be given 15-20 minutes as a reward for his hard work while on loan.

Thoughts?
Vasher
Vasher

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Jack Grealish Empty Re: Jack Grealish

Post by switters Tue May 06, 2014 5:27 pm

these two games are ideal time to give some young players a taste of Premier League football so yep some gametime for Grealish (and Robinson, for that matter) makes sense. esp as we've got several forwards missing.
switters

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by New Yorke Tue May 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Does the terms of his loan even allow him to play for us in the last 2 games?
New Yorke
New Yorke

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Good question.

If it does then I'd like to see him given a go. Be interesting to see how he copes and if he might give us something next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Tue May 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Good potential who glides with the ball. Will be a big step up to Villa first team though...

Same with Jordan Graham. That kid has stepovers to spare.
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:13 pm

New Yorke wrote:Does the terms of his loan even allow him to play for us in the last 2 games?

His loan ended didnt it on the last day of county's season?

I think he should be given game time by villa this week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vasher Tue May 06, 2014 6:19 pm

The terms of his loan ended completely after Forest's final game. He is available for selection in the last two games. Let's hope Sid pushes Lambert to throw Jack into the mixer!
Vasher
Vasher

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:26 pm

Vasher wrote:The terms of his loan ended completely after Forest's final game. He is available for selection in the last two games. Let's hope Sid pushes Lambert to throw Jack into the mixer!

County , not forest :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 7:57 pm

Is Grealish left or right sided?

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 pm

I would give him a start, robinson up front and Donacien at the back. Play 4-4-2 and say to them go on enjoy yourselves. Guzan, Bertrand, Vlaar, Donacien, Lowton, Westy, Delph, Grealish, Albrighton, Robinson, Wieman. What have we got to lose?
villashrew
villashrew

Jack Grealish 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Tue May 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Is Grealish left or right sided?
Both. & behind the striker. So is Jordan Graham.
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:03 pm

villashrew wrote:I would give him a start, robinson up front and Donacien at the back. Play 4-4-2 and say to them go on enjoy yourselves. Guzan, Bertrand, Vlaar, Donacien, Lowton, Westy, Delph, Grealish, Albrighton, Robinson, Wieman. What have we got to lose?

That's what I'm thinking too. Might be tempted to lob Bowery in after his performance on Saturday.

Andy_Villa wrote:
Billy McBingo wrote:Is Grealish left or right sided?
Both. & behind the striker. So is Jordan Graham.

That's good. We can fit him and Albie in the same side in that case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holte139 Tue May 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Sorry, I've nothing to add to this topic other than to say that I know he once chatted up my old supervisor at a work placement on a dating website or app.

EDIT: She told me she didn't go for him though!
Holte139

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Laughing Good fact though!

He may aswell get a run out, nothing to lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:32 pm

The United game tonight gave a good example. Like us now they have nothing to play for and gave the young lad Wilson a go. He scored twice.

It might not pay off as well for us but we don't know until we try! Same goes for Robinson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:03 pm

I would play him. Wide left. Bowery up top with Weiman. Bring Robinson on for at least 30mins.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickjacobjr Wed May 07, 2014 12:04 am

Should be in the squad tommorrow anyway as it is a meaning less game for us ??
mickjacobjr

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Wed May 07, 2014 3:34 am

Billy McBingo wrote:The United game tonight gave a good example. Like us now they have nothing to play for and gave the young lad Wilson a go. He scored twice.

It might not pay off as well for us but we don't know until we try! Same goes for Robinson.
My thoughts exactly, with Sid there now in the dugout I hope he bends Lamberts ear to let the young un's off the leash. Jack had some quality games for Notts, albeit not quite the same opposition as Yaya, Kompany etc.  Scarf Waving 
villashrew
villashrew

Jack Grealish 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 10:34 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-youngster-jack-grealish-7082478

Jack Grealish has travelled with the Aston Villa squad for tonight’s match at title favourites Manchester City after returning from an encouraging loan spell.

Grealish trained with the first team group yesterday after reporting back from Notts County and is in contention to be among the matchday 18 at the Etihad Stadium this evening.

The 18-year-old winger was given a hero’s send off at Meadow Lane when he said his farewells earlier this week after helping the Magpies to League One survival.

Grealish made 38 appearances for Sean Derry’s team, scoring five goals, and became a popular figure with County fans during his season-long loan.

He is yet to make his competitive Villa debut and has only been in one previous matchday squad, as an unused substitute for the 4-2 Premier League defeat to Chelsea under Alex McLeish at Villa Park on March 31 2012.

First team coach and under-21 development coach Gordon Cowans has made several trips to Meadow Lane to watch Grealish during his loan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesorian Wed May 07, 2014 10:57 am

I really hope he does get a chance. He could be our star player for years if we're lucky. Assumeing we start the same way we did against Hull:

| ------------------ Guzan ---------------- |
| ---------- Vlaar - Baker - Clark -------- |
| Lowton - Westwood - Delph - Bertrand |
| ---------------- Albrighton -------------- |
| ----------- Weimann - Bowery --------- |

Then (assuming no-ones got injured during the match) I'd like to see us end the match with something like one of these on the field. Allowing Helenius, Grealish and Robinson to have a run-around and put themselves in the frame to potenitally start against Spurs.

| ------------- Guzan --------------- |            | ------------------ Guzan ----------------- |
| Lowton - Vlaar - Clark - Bertrand |            | ---------- Vlaar - Baker - Clark --------- |
| ------ Westwood - Delph --------- |            | Lowton - Westwood - Delph - Bertrand |
| Albrighton - Grealish - Robinson- |            | ------------------ Grealish --------------- |
| ------------- Helenius ------------- |            | ----------- Robinson - Helenius -------- |
Aesorian
Aesorian

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Since75 Wed May 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Let's hope he gets at least 30 minutes in the game.
Since75
Since75

Jack Grealish 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 11:40 pm

Grealish can flourish if he keeps his feet on the ground

Paul Lambert: Jack Grealish can flourish if he keeps his feet on the ground

Paul Lambert believes Jack Grealish has a bright future at Aston Villa – provided the teenager can keep his feet on the ground.

Grealish was handed a competitive debut for his boyhood club as an 88th-minute substitute for Ryan Bertrand in Wednesday night’s 4-0 defeat at Manchester City.

The Bodymoor Heath academy graduate’s introduction came too late to make an impact, but the 18-year-old winger could be in contention for more game-time at Tottenham on Sunday.

Lambert admits Grealish has the potential to make a name for himself after maturing during a season-long loan spell at Notts County in League One.

“Jack did really well at Notts County and it shows the magnitude that they have to respond to be anywhere near this level consistently,” said Lambert.

That’s the big thing, but he’s got potential and that’s what it is at the minute.

“It’s a big, big gulf but he’s done great at Notts County. You have to keep your feet on the ground if you’re going to be a footballer.

‘‘You have to sacrifice a lot of things when you’re a teenager right through until you’re about 35.

“If he keeps his head down, works hard and never thinks he’s above anything then he’s got a chance but he’s still only a kid.

“He’s got an absolute mile to go. You just have to think you’ve never made it until the day you hang up your boots really.

“It’s a short career. If you win something let it go the next day and never dwell on it. That’s the important thing.

“You don’t live on your past, you just keep down that road that you’re going to be a footballer. If you do that you won’t go far wrong.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 1:07 pm

He has to get a go today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 1:14 pm

I'd put the lad in the starting line-up tomorrow. I think he will be a revelation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Thought we were playing today. Good job I chose not to go to it as I'd be outside an empty White Hart Lane right now. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next