The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jack Grealish

+52
ViewFromT2
lukevilla
VTID85
achilles
Mazrim
LVBrit
mefromhere
villabromsgrove
FoxyAV
CoE82
jeffvilla
Dennis Evans
De Kuip
EbeneezerGoode
ember
avfcjoe
Army villain
NARLA24
kimbo
viva_la_amo
Kakacroom
Trotters
marcxc1983
HarryAVFC
Leafs1201
Wigteke
Tomy-Flemba
Green Villan
GadgetMan
Villa_Dan
roba19
gdav
Ned the Platypus
pcfbavfcoman
Alpe_DHuez
Macca68
mickeywya
My Old Man
Zidane
Hornso
thegaffer6
nitrogen
Denis_B
Since75
Aesorian
mickjacobjr
Holte139
villashrew
Andy_Villa
New Yorke
switters
Vasher
56 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Jack Grealish - Page 10 Empty Re: Jack Grealish

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Jack Grealish not the answer - Villa boss Lambert

Jack Grealish - Page 10 Image

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert will resist calls from fans to give Jack Grealish more repsonsibility in his side despite a fifth straight league defeat last night.

The Republic of Ireland under-21 international was left out of the squad that was beaten 2-0 by QPR at Loftus Road, thanks to two Charlie Austin goals.

Birmingham-born Grealish, who is eligible to play senior international football for both Ireland and England, signed a contract extension with his boyhood club earlier this month but has played just 101 minutes of 900 this season.

Charlie Austin double eases pressure on Harry Redknapp as QPR move off bottom

“He’s ony 19 years of age, and there has been a lot of things thrust on him,” said Lambert when asked afterwards about Grealish’s lack of involvement. “I’ve tried doing my best to manage him in the right way, that gives him a really good career.

“He’s a talent, there’s no two ways about it, a big talent. But he’s got an awful long way to go, he’s got to keep his feet on the ground, no matter how well he does throughout his career.”

Lambert added that it was too much to ask a 19-year-old to come in and turn things around.

“I rely on everybody, not just one lad, that’s a big ask. He’s not started a Premiership game.”

In any case, and despite no league goals since Gabriel Agbonlahor’s winner at Anfield on September 13th, the defence is where Villa need help, according to Lambert, who has watched his side concede 13 goals in the last five games.

Last night, Austin scored in either half to secure a valuable three points for Rangers, who moved off the foot of the table and left Villa winless and goalless in their last 450 minutes of football.

The 2-0 reverse to QPR comes after defeats to Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton.

“I thought the two goals we lost were really poor,” Lambert said. “I think that is the most we have had of the ball, possession-wise, but that is why I’m never one for stats. The main stat is putting the ball in the net and keeping it out. “I thought we defended poorly for the two goals. We have got to be more clinical in the last third of the pitch but the two goals are disappointing because we had most of the ball.”

Christian Benteke played 90 minutes, but is still working his way back to full fitness following a serious ankle injury, and Lambert has full faith in his Belgian forward and his team-mates to end their near nine-hour run without a goal.

“I tend not to get them down on that,” he added. “They will come out of the traps on Sunday (against Tottenham) and I know we are going to be alright in that department because when Benteke gets up to speed and, with (Gabriel) Agbonlahor, (Andreas) Weimann, (Charles) N’Zogbia and (Darren) Bent, there are guys there with goals in them and it will happen.
“My main concern tonight was we had that much of the ball that we had to score with it, but you have to defend when you are on top.”

Trotters
Trotters

Jack Grealish - Page 10 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 pm

I do not even know where to start with that.

It's too much to ask for a 19 year old to turn things around? Maybe put him on BEFORE things need turning around. You know, be pro-active instead of reactive.

Lambert says he's not started a premiership match yet. Well why the fuck not? Maybe, perhaps, that's the very problem! Why not have a go at other teams, give them something to think on? Why not let a Jack get half their team on yellow cards and bring Gabby on for the last 20 when the opposition defence is out of energy and can't tackle?

You just keep on doing the same things the same way, Lambert....clearly it's a winning formula.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:52 pm

I know 19yr old lads who have to graft 9 hours a day to keep a roof over their family's heads, that's pressure. Jack's got ability and the world at his feet but he's being held back by Lambert. He is not managing his career, he's restricting it.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Jack Grealish - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:30 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I know 19yr old lads who have to graft 9 hours a day to keep a roof over their family's heads, that's pressure. Jack's got ability and the world at his feet but he's being held back by Lambert. He is not managing his career, he's restricting it.
Grealish is not ready, Okores is not ready, Sanchez was not ready until he showed on Monday that he's not only ready but he's much more ready than any of our other players.

It's Lambert who's not ready to make decisions, make changes and make the best from the players he's got. He's a dithering dinosaur and he won't change.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by marcxc1983 Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:33 am

Sterling, Stones, Barkley, Delph (when at Leeds), Milner, Rodwell, Jones (at Blackburn), Shaw, Hughes (Derby), the list goes on and on and on...all teenagers who have pushed through and have made or are making a career for themselves.

Yet we've had Cahill moved on, Gardners career stagnate and now Grealish being treated this way. In their place we bring in the likes of Grant Holt, Jordan Bowery and Joe Cole, further pushing them down the list. Grealish should be where Cole is in our squad now but no, Lambert thinks its "too much for a young lad" BOLLOCKS!
marcxc1983
marcxc1983

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 am

Funny thing is, the only game he started was against Orient, and they quickly worked out they needed to double up on Grealish - treble up on occasion - because he was literally the ONLY Villa player that looked like doing a single fucking thing.
kimbo
kimbo

Jack Grealish - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by marcxc1983 Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:03 pm

kimbo wrote:Funny thing is, the only game he started was against Orient, and they quickly worked out they needed to double up on Grealish - treble up on occasion - because he was literally the ONLY Villa player that looked like doing a single fucking thing.

That's what gets me, he started him against Orient, and if anyone was going to give him a good kicking it would be a lower league side. We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes, but when he came on against Hull and was kicked off the park he was laughing and was quite cocky (rightly so in my eyes) that they had targeted him. Maybe Lambert saw this as arrogance and thinks he needs bringing down a peg, but Hazard at Chelsea has that swagger about him, as did Ronaldo at Utd, not saying Grealish is anywhere near their league but you need a bit of arrogance to get past being kicked all the time
marcxc1983
marcxc1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Yep.

And targeting him for a kicking won't last when players see that he's very quick with his feet and his mind and that yellow cards are the more likely outcome.

And then oppositions start to give him a little respect. And that's when he'll shine.

But let's not argue with the manager. He knows best. Clearly. His dynamic methods, his tactical nous, his piercing insight and.....oh.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 pm

Trotters wrote:Yep.

And targeting him for a kicking won't last when players see that he's very quick with his feet and his mind and that yellow cards are the more likely outcome.

And then oppositions start to give him a little respect. And that's when he'll shine.

But let's not argue with the manager. He knows best. Clearly. His dynamic methods, his tactical nous, his piercing insight and.....oh.
His total lack of bollocks to take the game to the opposition ? He is cluless, a fucking idiot.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Trotters wrote:I do not even know where to start with that.

It's too much to ask for a 19 year old to turn things around? Maybe put him on BEFORE things need turning around. You know, be pro-active instead of reactive.

Lambert says he's not started a premiership match yet. Well why the fuck not? Maybe, perhaps, that's the very problem! Why not have a go at other teams, give them something to think on? Why not let a Jack get half their team on yellow cards and bring Gabby on for the last 20 when the opposition defence is out of energy and can't tackle?

You just keep on doing the same things the same way, Lambert....clearly it's a winning formula.

very well said trotters, love the idea, shame lambert aint got your fottball brain or wed be alright Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm not even being funny when I ask what he does for his extraordinary dough that couldn't have been done better by pretty much any Villa fan?

He's made every bad choice. He's not changed the formation to suit. He's not made substitutions at the right time and when he has eventually made them, he's bollocksed it all up. He's been out-thought, his team has been over-ran, out-scored and provide precisely zero entertainment value.

Had he put Grealish on and even gone so far as bringing Gardner back for a go, at least the fans would appreciate seeing some kids we know have talent, we know will give their all for the shirt and will appreciate that the manager is trying to entertain.

So, F for effort, F for attainment but an A-grade salary.

Football makes me wanna vomit up some vital organs.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Trotters wrote:I'm not even being funny when I ask what he does for his extraordinary dough that couldn't have been done better by pretty much any Villa fan?

He's made every bad choice. He's not changed the formation to suit. He's not made substitutions at the right time and when he has eventually made them, he's bollocksed it all up. He's been out-thought, his team has been over-ran, out-scored and provide precisely zero entertainment value.

Had he put Grealish on and even gone so far as bringing Gardner back for a go, at least the fans would appreciate seeing some kids we know have talent, we know will give their all for the shirt and will appreciate that the manager is trying to entertain.

So, F for effort, F for attainment but an A-grade salary.

Football makes me wanna vomit up some vital organs.

very true, he always uses the phrase " I cant fault the lads for effort, they gave it their all" well they aint focking gave it their all lately, and who would give it their all? possibly 2 young lads who are villa through and through and both very talented, gardner and grealish.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:55 pm

I was amazed that we let Gardner go out on loan, I am sure he could do a better job than Joe Cole or Tom Cleverly, and as you say he is villa through and through.
When are we going to play the youngster. I can see Grealish and Gardner in a Zimmer frame before he puts them on the pitch.
Ohh sorry to also bring this up, Benteke strength are ball being crossed, however the best person to do that was Mark  Albrighton. And we let him go.. Need some tablets  now as my blood pressure just went through the roof again. Jack Grealish - Page 10 1015550615 Jack Grealish - Page 10 1015550615 Jack Grealish - Page 10 1715320296 Jack Grealish - Page 10 1715320296 Jack Grealish - Page 10 1715320296
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Jack Grealish - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:50 am

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:29 pm

It's beginning to look like Jack was conned into signing his new contract!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:36 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It's beginning to look like Jack was conned into signing his new contract!
Agee and it will be how much can we get for him, bad taste in my mouth.
Army villain
Army villain

Jack Grealish - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Given Roy Keane's comments about Papa Grealish, I think we have our (unsurprising) answer as to why he's not involved.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Like I said before his contract was signed, never have family as your agent. This doesn't surprise me, I think Grealish's dad isn't looking at things objectively, he thinks his son has already made it and is acting big bollocks.

Jack NEEDS to drop him and get a proper agent IMO
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:42 pm

He does, and his dad probably is a pain. But by the same token, other than looking at it through a fathers eyes, he's probably looking at it through a fans eyes too - and from a pure football point of view, Lambert is denying us an option that many believe will improve the team. Doing that because he doesn't like the blokes dad isn't just idiotic or petty, it's bloody well bordering on negligent given what a perilous position we are always in these days.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not suggesting we'll be flying up the table just because Jack Grealish is in the team, but, y'know, I think it's believed by the majority that he could at least provide a positive alternative to the current lack of creativity.

It's a difficult situation for him with his dad, family loyalties and all that. I'm not entirely sure that his dad would be able to look at it and see that Jack would be better off with a proper agent.

That said, regardless of however annoying Daddy Grealish may or may not be, I don't see that there was any need for Keane to come out with the comment, he should just keep it behind closed doors. He could have answered the question without the petty dig, regardless of whether or not it's apt.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Roy Keane can piss off with Lambert.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Jack Grealish - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:05 pm

The only person acting with any pride is young Jack.

Lambert is being a dick not playing him. Keane is being a dick talking about his dad. His dad is generally being a dick from what I heard (demanding the club pay Jack more a week than they were offering, which happened to be the same they offered to Barry, Gabby etc. at his age. Being awkward in all discussions and negotiations)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:48 pm

I have to believe that Keane will act professionally in his dealings with Grealish, but it is an unusual situation when your international management can have a large influence over whether you play for your club team.

A ruthless individual might well pull a player to one side in training and say "commit to the Republic and we'll get you playing some first team football, because you're no use to us buggering about in the reserves".

Pressure? What pressure!

I'm sure Keane can separate his two loyalties to ROI and Villa, but it has the potential to be a tricky situation.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Keane has made it very clear that Ireland are his priority over Villa and I'd not be surprised at all if he's influencing Lambert's decision making over Grealish to suit his own needs. You only have to look at the beard on/beard off chapter to see that Lambert wants to be just like Roy.

You just couldn't make this shit up, could you?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:52 am

I thought I might resurrect this Grealish thread.

I can't get an idea out of my head but it sounds ridiculous. Keane is the assistant manager of the Republic of Ireland and the assistant at Villa. Grealish (or possibly his father) is procrastinating over choosing to play internationally for ROI or England. MON and Keane want him very much, surely him not playing at the Villa has nothing to do with him not yet deciding to play for the ROI? At this rate he won't have an international career if he can't even get any club time (although Hutton might disprove that theory)!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:44 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I thought I might resurrect this Grealish thread.

I can't get an idea out of my head but it sounds ridiculous. Keane is the assistant manager of the Republic of Ireland and the assistant at Villa. Grealish (or possibly his father) is procrastinating over choosing to play internationally for ROI or England. MON and Keane want him very much, surely him not playing at the Villa has nothing to do with him not yet deciding to play for the ROI? At this rate he won't have an international career if he can't even get any club time (although Hutton might disprove that theory)!
Foxy, great minds think alike! Very Happy I posted exactly the same thoughts on the Jack Grealish thread (transfers and players) section). I hope there's no pressure being put on Jack over selection for ROI.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next