The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+106
Dek of Villa
Chrissylee1111
Basher
Kaz
whiteensign
supermon
Southern Villan
DaveAV1
LukeWilliamsOBE
South London Villan
jd
gdav
Morgan Villa
Villa jimmy
bryanallcott1976
Olof Mellberg
marko63
tbarrules
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
danclare82
holtehero
Nix999
Jim
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
The Utterer
StringGhost
mrshnn
Hornso
CoE82
gaffer85
ada86
Voice of reason
Saunders82
Leafs1201
VTID85
Heisenberg
tonyp
Morpheus
AVit
Trezzy
pcfbavfcoman
thinlizzy
Malandro
upthevilla76
smoke
Fpuppys
Macca68
roba19
Poseidon
Steveallen79
floyed
Withes Sweatbands
zxc
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
kirramp
De Kuip
heystally!
Wigteke
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Jimmycarr
villashrew
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
ember
GhostDad
Andyh
Villarocks666
VillaBill
clarryblue
larvin86
villabromsgrove
Mr Beast
Kakacroom
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Keyser Soze
jeffvilla
DN1982
Denis_B
Villa_Dan
LVBrit
SouthernVilla
TheLeftSide
DR Peters
lukevilla
Rawlie
Alpe_DHuez
Trotters
kimbo
stewiek
pooligan
River
HarryAVFC
jamavfc1
Mazrim
Mortimer1982
Dgrizzle7
viva_la_amo
RoyRace
banneruk
R1chuk
jvilla
UnclePanda
bazzah
110 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:53 am

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t1060-transfer-deadline-day-one-thread-fits-all-open-monday-early-hours-and-closes-tuesday-2am

Open, feel free to join in, all chat including takeover talk, allowed in there, as the title says, its a one thread fits all, all the way to 2am, so this thread will be temporarily locked Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 1715320296
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:48 am

Tom Fox is at BMH with Lambert.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:50 am

viva_la_amo wrote:So H&V also think their might be a takeover. Maybe there is something in it after all Very Happy

So is that you letting slip which other forum you use? I hope you've been equally as offensive and sceptical there? [/quote]

So Horns & Vuvuzelas have finally accepted the club is going to be sold,  huh? Took 'em long enough. I wonder if they've realised we've bid for Carlos Sanchez?
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Are you not opening the no takeover thread?
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Yes, just for you.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by StringGhost Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:34 pm

Well with the posts from @INCOGNITOAVFC on twitter showing how bad our PR is at the villa. I would say we are way off from any takeover. Tom fox will have his work cut out to try and fix the problems this clubs got. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 1420239857
StringGhost
StringGhost

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 0_star10

http://www.cramlingtonnetwork.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:35 pm

TheEgo wrote:Yes, just for you.

Might get a bit busier after today. Although I don't think it really should do as new owners surely wouldn't financially back Lambert.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Well one thing for sure, this transfer window has shown Randy still wants out after the rumours he might stay
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Having taken today in, I don't think it really clears up whether a takeover is close or not. If you've agreed a deal in principle to exchange on a certain date, you may insist on a few things being out in place, like a CEO, but would you get involved in spending before you've signed?

A bit like buying a house, would you send the builders in to add an extension before completing? You may ask for a few things to be put right, but that's about it.

I don't know which way this will play out, I really don't. Tom Fox starts on September 12th so I guess that's the date to aim for. Should all be cleared up by then, one way or another.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Not its a case of waiting and hoping the September date for the new owners will be announced

I'm hoping they haven't had anything to do with this window because 7 million is a piss poor attempt
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:40 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Well one thing for sure, this transfer window has shown Randy still wants out after the rumours he might stay

Yep - he certainly isn't "re-energised" and isn't going to try to take us forward.... or in his case further backwards?....
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by StringGhost Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:40 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Well one thing for sure, this transfer window has shown Randy still wants out after the rumours he might stay
I agree I think this shows we are still on the shoe string. I really do hope we can get some good results in the next few months and someone wants to buy us before Christmas.
StringGhost
StringGhost

http://www.cramlingtonnetwork.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:41 pm

I think today has demonstrated that a takeover is essential. We cannot (or will not) compete with very ordinary clubs on both wages and transfer fees. We deserve better and hopefully we will get a new owner/s soon.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:42 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:

Might get a bit busier after today. Although I don't think it really should do as new owners surely wouldn't financially back Lambert.
Well the money for Sanchez came from somewhere and the Cleverley deal was agreed for around £8mil so what this means is anyone's guess. I know I wouldn't trust Lambert with a £30mil warchest if I was a new investor or owner. But I guess we will find out soon enough if indeed there is a deal in place now that the window is shut. Perhaps all along the idea was to announce the takeover after the window and give Lambert till Christmas to prove he is up to the job of keeping us competitive rather than constantly struggling?
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:45 pm

villashrew wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:

Well the money for Sanchez came from somewhere and the Cleverley deal was agreed for around £8mil so what this means is anyone's guess. I know I wouldn't trust Lambert with a £30mil warchest if I was a new investor or owner. But I guess we will find out soon enough if indeed there is a deal in place now that the window is shut. Perhaps all along the idea was to announce the takeover after the window and give Lambert till Christmas to prove he is up to the job of keeping us competitive rather than constantly struggling?

Surely that much money can come from the club. It's peanuts considering the TV money from last season. Lerner still needs to keep us in this league after all.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:47 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:
villashrew wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:

Surely that much money can come from the club. It's peanuts considering the TV money from last season. Lerner still needs to keep us in this league after all.
My thoughts exactly which is why I mentioned the warchest and new owners afterwards. But I would guess Randy wants to take all he can and get out sharpish.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:50 pm

Lerner if you are a custodian of the club then give us away!
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:50 pm

The most worrying thing is, Lamberk had 8 million to spend, but still couldn't spend it and just look at the quality that has gone for less
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:51 pm

I honestly don't think the money spent recently(all £7m) and the money apparantly available for Cleverley, has come from anywhere but the club ie TV money. No way have any new owners/investors come in, not on that showing.
We are completely lacking in any ambition and will struggle again this season, it's ok though as Lambert will still be paid his fortune for being one of our worst ever managers and Lerner will line his pockets.
This lack of activity and ambition won't get the fans back thru the gates and I can see attendances falling even further.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:53 pm

I still find it strange as to how we have managed to keep hold of Vlaar, Delph and Grealish in the last years of their contracts. Very suprised no bids came in for any of them. This very fact still gives me hope that there is something happening behind the scenes regarding the takeover. If in the next couple of weeks we can get these three signed up to new 4 year contracts I will feel a damn site better for our future. Keeping these three has been our best business this summer.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:54 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:The most worrying thing is, Lamberk had 8 million to spend, but still couldn't spend it and just look at the quality that has gone for less
He had the 7 or 8 million, but he didn't have the wages to match that kind of fee. Lerner still doesn't understand the maths.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:56 pm

I think we are right to not give Cleverly 80K though. That's taking the piss.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 pm

villashrew wrote:I still find it strange as to how we have managed to keep hold of Vlaar, Delph and Grealish in the last years of their contracts. Very suprised no bids came in for any of them. This very fact still gives me hope that there is something happening behind the scenes regarding the takeover. If in the next couple of weeks we can get these three signed up to new 4 year contracts I will feel a damn site better for our future. Keeping these three has been our best business this summer.
Agreed, this was the best thing about today. However, I wonder whether Vlaar and Delph want to extend there contracts at a club that other reasonably good players don't want to join?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 pm

Let's face it, both Lerner and a Lambert have set us back years, we are now a poor reflection of our once great selves and cannot compete with the leagues smaller clubs. We are an embarrassment , and just aim to survive so a Randy can pocket the Sky money
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Could have spent the 8 mill on quality loans instead and used it for wages

Just look at the business Hull and Sainst are doing.

We need those owners, and quality manager in soon
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next